Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,883 members, 7,817,602 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society (30664 Views)

Ten (10) Ways That Helps To Uphold Dignity In The Society / Any Woman That Can't Cook Is Highly Irresponsible. / Signs Of An Irresponsible Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jul 31, 2014
OkikiOluwa1:
He just called me a feminist sympathizer.
He was even out of point by talking about western women.
Last Bullet
Is the western culture the same with Nigeria?
Do Nigerian women v right like the western women?
Don't mind the guy.

grin grin grin grin

I dnt know what point he is trying to make to counter your thread since he knows nothing about nigeria. Funny how he reasons. Maybe he doesnt seem to like how women have rights over there hence his frustrations. I can see why he is taking it personal. I HAVE TOLD HIM TO CREATE ANOTHER THREAD FOR IT.
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jul 31, 2014
I miss her so much..she spent every kobo she made on the for kids. I buuilt my world around her forgetting I have a jealous God. She was everything to me. She didn't deserve to die the way she died. Very painful..I hate all hospitals in this country. They also contributed their own quota..UCH told us they re out of water to run dialysis on her..when it was discovered she had renal failure . My whole world crash on the 4th of december when I saw her lying helpless.. The soul was gone and her body was so cold. I couldn't cry...I couldn't..my love and prayers goes to every good mothers living. If not for my mum I would have died at a tender age of 1 and at the age of 10.. Sweet mother. I will never forget you. Never! Guys wey still get mums, plz show her love..see my life.. No more mother to play prancks on... No more calling her on the phone , no more meals prepared by my mum..omg.. I wish it was all a dream.. Tears running down...

Cheeun: He should be cremated like an Ebola victim. Hopeless fool angry R.I.P to the pricless gem (mother).

2 Likes

Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jul 31, 2014
Sophyrocks:

O.k. how does irresponsibility of a father have anything to do with a woman? do women control men to that extent? we are talking about NIGERIA. how do you wanna make your points when you know nothing about nigeria?

I've got one ammo now.

Ok, let's start with the stat about 3 out of 10 children in naij families being a product of the women's promiscuity. If I'm unsure about the paternity of my children, how do you expect me to be a responsible dad? For all I care, they might not even be my kids.

1 Like

SirShymex:

It's not personal with me, Sophy Roc-a-fella. I just think also need to start sharing part of the blame.

We're equal now, init? Equality for all. tongue

Mr man, you dnt know anything about 9ja. what points do you wanna make in reference to it then?
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jul 31, 2014
Sophyrocks:

Mr man, you dnt know anything about 9ja. what points do you wanna make in reference to it then?

Well, I know the women are promiscuous. grin
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jul 31, 2014
SirShymex:

I've got one ammo now.

Ok, let's start with the stat about 3 out of 10 children in naij families being a product of the women's promiscuity. If I'm unsure about the paternity of my children, how do you expect me to be a responsible dad? For all I care, they might not even be my kids.

THAT IS WHY THERE IS DNA TEST. duuuh!!!
Nobody will force you to be responsible over a child thats not yours. You choose out of your own free will after getting to know. Such a statistic cannot be compared to how promiscuous men are who also bring in children from one or more women outside in spite of the fact that they are married.

2 Likes

Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jul 31, 2014
SirShymex:

Well, I know the women are promiscuous. grin

All nigerian women are promiscuous? Are you a nigerian?
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by pickabeau1: 8:54pm On Jul 31, 2014
Sophyrocks:

Nobody will force you to be responsible over a child thats not yours. You choose out of your own free will after getting to know. Such a statistic cannot be compared to how promiscuous men are who also bring in children from one or more women outside in spite of the fact that they are married.

do these promiscuous men cheat with themselves
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jul 31, 2014
pickabeau1:

No banter with you. Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by GboyegaD(m): 8:57pm On Jul 31, 2014
tintingz:

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/masculinity-today/201203/the-monogamy-gap-men-love-and-the-reality-cheating

Oga, what you post said nothing about polygamy thus, your conclusion in your earlier post cannot hold. The western countries do not even practice polygamy thus, if there is a research to conclude from, it must be on country where they practice polygamy of a free will.
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jul 31, 2014
pickabeau1:

There will always be someone willing to commit a crime with you, it is up to you to choose to do it or not. Whoever the married party is, is the one who has made a vow and has the responsibility to keep it. Would you excuse a married woman having an affair by saying after all the man agrees to sleep with her?

4 Likes

Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by acada111(f): 8:59pm On Jul 31, 2014
SirShymex: How about fathers who're denied access to their kids by their mothers?

Some women are just nutters. And just as there are deadbeat dads - psychotic mothers abound.
The father must have done something very bad, my dear. You deny a girl's pregnancy, offer no form of support throughout the pregnancy period then after delivery GBAM!!! You appear again, saying that you wanna see your child. What do you expect? (i've actually seen this happen)

5 Likes

Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by maborukoje(f): 9:00pm On Jul 31, 2014
Ma husby dey diz lane,I dey pray n fast cos d advice I get always

Anyway na job I dey find now,no more babies for now till his brain don reset

So help Mi God

3 Likes

Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by OkikiOluwa1(m): 9:01pm On Jul 31, 2014
SirShymex:

The beauty of every critique is when it's done based on critical analysis. With that, while blaming irresponsible fathers/men, you have to highlight why/how they became irresponsible, and also make sure you point out how some women can be irresponsible as well.

However, when you start spouting the blame game laced with feminism tosh, then it becomes problematic. That's unacceptable to me as a man. Men are becoming too emasculated these days, and the trend has to stop.

Let me cite an example from a next country(not Nigeria) that might be relevant here. There's a popular sport analyst on ESPN called, "Stephen A. Smith." Last week, while he speaking about domestic violence, he said, "I don't condone domestic violence, but women shouldn't engage in provocation." That was all he said before feminists and PC warriors got on his case. And despite apologising for what he said in a 4 mins video - he was suspended from work, for a week - just for saying the truth. That's unacceptable!
1st Bullet
SirShymex, I m not a feminist sympathizer or becoming emasculated. I only created this thread based on what I v seen in some parts of Nigeria. I v seen the highest display of irresponsibility by some dads. It's a trend that's going wild!
Irresponsible dads are impregnating daughters of other irresponsible fathers & they are giving birth to half-baked kids that ll become like their parent.

This thread is just to expose the danger their actions are causing or ll cause.
2nd Bullet
In some cases, some fathers are pushed by their wives to become cold to the family. I don't support such women.
But the reality in Nigeria is women do not v the support like those in the west. The economy here is also not helping them. The whole burden of raising the kids is much here than in the west. Though, there are women that try to be feminist in Nija.
Last Bullet
@ the bolded part of your post, it's unfortunate that kinda thing happened. The man was actually saying the truth. We are all human beans (beigns). Everyone can be provoked. Provocation leads to anger. I also don't support domestic violence but troublesome women should be ready for the consequence of their actions.
Now, if I say this in the west, I ll get into trouble right?
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by pickabeau1: 9:02pm On Jul 31, 2014
tatiana009:

There will always be someone willing to commit a crime with you, it is up to you to choose to do it or not. Whoever the married party is, is the one who has made a vow and has the responsibility to keep it. Would you excuse a married woman having an affair by saying after all the man agrees to sleep with her?

Fair point.... however these men sleep with women who give no damn also

fair is foul and foul is fair

Sophyrocks: No banter with you. Thank you.

Its not banter as its not a teasing question
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jul 31, 2014
maborukoje: Ma husby dey diz lane,I dey pray n fast cos d advice I get always

Anyway na job I dey find now,no more babies for now till his brain don reset

So help Mi God

Nice one. Good decision you have made. Please, dnt make the praying and fasting stop you from looking like beyonce biko. Keep your head up. God will surely help you.

1 Like

Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jul 31, 2014
[quote author=pickabeau1]

Fair point.... however these men sleep with women who give no damn also

fair is foul and foul is fair

My point is yes those women are horrible however they are not the ones who have a responsibility towards the man's children. It's the father's job to make sure that his responsibilities are met the same way the mother must fulfill her responsibilities towards her children regardless of if there are a million men trying to seduce her.

2 Likes

Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by OkikiOluwa1(m): 9:11pm On Jul 31, 2014
Sophyrocks:

grin grin grin grin

I dnt know what point he is trying to make to counter your thread since he knows nothing about nigeria. Funny how he reasons. Maybe he doesnt seem to like how women have rights over there hence his frustrations. I can see why he is taking it personal. I HAVE TOLD HIM TO CREATE ANOTHER THREAD FOR IT.
See, he wants your number.
Its a secret, don't tell him!
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by pickabeau1: 9:12pm On Jul 31, 2014
tatiana009: My point is yes those women are horrible however they are not the ones who have a responsibility towards the man's children. It's the father's job to make sure that his responsibilities are met the same way the mother must fulfill her responsibilities towards her children regardless of if there are a million men trying to seduce her.

I agree with you wholeheartedly

Now lets take it one step further

he performs his duties as a father to the kids but still has a mistress he sees every six months... is that not irresponsible too

The op seems to focus on the poor ones who cant even take care of their own famuily yet drink n philander
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jul 31, 2014
tatiana009:

Get out of my head already. smiley Exactly what i wanted to say. Just not ready to go in circles. Thanks for helping me jare.

3 Likes

Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jul 31, 2014
pickabeau1:

I agree with you wholeheartedly

Now lets take it one step further

he performs his duties as a father to the kids but still has a mistress he sees every six months... is that not irresponsible too

The op seems to focus on the poor ones who cant even take care of their own famuily yet drink n philander

In that case he is an irresponsible husband which is an entirely different topic. There are bad husbands who are good fathers
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jul 31, 2014
hensben: the hardship in nigeria results to what you just typed most times but some fathers who are well to do are just too heartless, they impregnate women outside their home, they have many concumbines outside home, they are very irresponsible and the ladies following them are the worst, they will not look for their man to start life with, they will be looking for already made men with wife n kids at home.

The ladies are not the worst @ all..some class of single guys out there , that claim they want a babe 2 start life wit them, are all looking for magas in naïve babes 2 fool and impregnante. U will be amazed that d number of young guys who impregnanted the single girls outnumbers the married men who wants 2 av fun out there. And tomorrow, dat same single struggling will b complaining that girls Don't want 2 bear wit them. The Past gfs, they av deceived, taken their money and left hanging wit an unwanted pregnancy, have they forgotten abt it? That's why karma is always there 2 make such guys still suffer later in life.

Then d married men, who cannot Say No, to anything in skirt, Is not meant 2 exist sef sad. Simply ignore. Any loose girls chasing after u, firmly say NO!... And if u can't say No and control yur third leg, Use condom.. At least d married man shud be responsible. 2 himself first, by keeping his status, cos AIDS is everywhere. If he throws caution into d wind , due to sexy laps, or boubs, or eYes, which he can always get from his wife, but he's so hungry 2 get it elsewhere? He shuid for once , sit down and think.. Not just dip that thing in any hole..
Men are worst not women#
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jul 31, 2014
OkikiOluwa1:
See, he wants your number.
Its a secret, don't tell him!

grin grin grin

Funny you.
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Eleganza33(f): 9:16pm On Jul 31, 2014
Its a pity
hensben: NO, my mum did not re-marry up till now, she doesnt need it, she already have us as her husband but its the way i see him thats why i said, he is my ex-father.
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jul 31, 2014
Sophyrocks:

Get out of my head already. smiley Exactly what i wanted to say. Just not ready to go in circles. Thanks for helping me jare.

Lol, it's ridiculous how people love to make excuses for these Nigerian men. I guess the fathers that spend money on pepper soup and alcohol or clothes instead of their kids can also decide to blame the beer or the pepper soup seller lol.

4 Likes

Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jul 31, 2014
Sophyrocks:

However, how many people in Nigeria can afford DNA test? I believe most are probably suffering in silence about the uncertainty of the paternity of their children. And that might subconsciously play a role in how they treat them.
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by pickabeau1: 9:18pm On Jul 31, 2014
tatiana009:

In that case he is an irresponsible husband which is an entirely different topic. There are bad husbands who are good fathers

you see.. different shades of grey....
Thats why i told the Op his post was open to interpretation
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jul 31, 2014
Sophyrocks:

All nigerian women are promiscuous? Are you a nigerian?

I was going by the stat. And from what I know, Nigerian women are just as promiscuous as the men.

And yes, I'm Nigerian.
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jul 31, 2014
tatiana009:

Lol, it's ridiculous how people love to make excuses for these Nigerian men. I guess the fathers that spend money on pepper soup and alcohol or clothes instead of their kids can also decide to blame the beer or the pepper soup seller lol.

Hahahaha. Blame it on the alcohol. The easiest is blaming it on the woman.That works perfectly well in naija because anybody would believe it. This is why i pointed out earlier that if men are not held accountable for their actions, for the bad lifestyles they live, how can they become responsible fathers?

3 Likes

Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jul 31, 2014
SirShymex:

I was going by the stat. And from what I know, Nigerian women are just as promiscuous as the men.

And yes, I'm Nigerian.

So does this stat include your mother, sisters, aunts and other female relatives?
Re: Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society by hensben(m): 9:26pm On Jul 31, 2014
Amelian:

The ladies are not the worst @ all..some class of single guys out there , that claim they want a babe 2 start life wit them, are all looking for magas in naïve babes 2 fool and impregnante. U will be amazed that d number of young guys who impregnanted the single girls outnumbers the married men who wants 2 av fun out there. And tomorrow, dat same single struggling will b complaining that girls Don't want 2 bear wit them. The Past gfs, they av deceived, taken their money and left hanging wit an unwanted pregnancy, have they forgotten abt it? That's why karma is always there 2 make such guys still suffer later in life.

Then d married men, who cannot Say No, to anything in skirt, Is not meant 2 exist sef sad. Simply ignore. Any loose girls chasing after u, firmly say NO!... And if u can't say No and control yur third leg, Use condom.. At least d married man shud be responsible. 2 himself first, by keeping his status, cos AIDS is everywhere. If he throws caution into d wind , due to sexy laps, or boubs, or eYes, which he can always get from his wife, but he's so hungry 2 get it elsewhere? He shuid for once , sit down and think.. Not just dip that thing in any hole..
Men are worst not women#
why cant most ladies turn off the offer from the man when they know he is married with kids , everything still boils down to the most ladies who are gold digger, they cant start life with their own man cos of quick money to buy all stuffs and later look down on their peer group when she know she is 'aristo'.before you know, belle go enter.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Divorce Lawyers In D House, Pls I Need Some Advice / Skin Rashes; Nurse Told Me 2 Use Visita Plus As Body Cream For My 3wks Old Baby / Man Demands His Bride Price After He Found Out His Wife Is Not A Virgin,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.