Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers (29882 Views)

Where Can L Download Lgbo Highlife Music From? / Who Is Nigeria's King Of Highlife Music? / Classic Highlife Music (this Is Old School) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:03pm On Aug 02, 2014
Diamondpicture:
the Nwoye nwozodo was just a back up singer for seven seven these topic is for men not boys

Guy, you are dead wrong...lol
It's the other way round.
Seven Seven even said it himself that he Nwoye Nwazodo taught him music and told him what to sing in the chorus. You gotta be kidding. Ayaka Nsugbe even said Nwoye Nwazodo is the father of Ekpili music. When I find the track where Seven Seven made mention of that I will ask you to go hear it yourself. Topic for men,indeed....lol
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:09pm On Aug 02, 2014
@Diamondpicture, go listen to Seven Seven's Chardwick. He said it right there, himself.
Bros,you be learner..lol
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by englishmart(m): 12:17pm On Aug 02, 2014
peppyluv02: You are the one who should get a life and a job.
Nl firstclass liar! Thank God you are not elling us how you gave a white girl you met in Europe 3000 dollars today...Liar! cheesy

tongue maybe you think I care. Smh4u
grin
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by joshrare(m): 12:20pm On Aug 02, 2014
Since most of our young can't give us good lyrics....
Mehn highlife is doing that job, I don't care about the tribe I enjoy highlife these dayz. I rarely buy those wack music again. Only tuface and eja nla

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by Nobody: 12:27pm On Aug 02, 2014
Actually,I'v forgotten my password to this nl email acc. But I replied you through the mail add I saw on your profile.

OdenigboAroli:
Good morning to you. I will do that.
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by Eluanaten(m): 12:45pm On Aug 02, 2014
No 1 is the king of high life, Rex Lawson.
Others include Fela kuti, Morocco, Bright Chimeze, king Robert Ebizimo, Osadebe, Sunny Ade, Ebenezer Obe and the legendary Victor Owaifo!

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by etebefia: 12:49pm On Aug 02, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

Guy, Morrocc abandoned his talent in chase of money.
I have been looking for his oldies on YouTube with no success.
I'm not in the country, else I would have gotten them.
I remember one of his line that says" Emeka Morroco welu egwu yi gaba, noo mua bua na ekwu na nwa Maduka ya echi eze egwu Ekpili,Emeka Morroco aya amaro onye bu onye".
I miss those days,when my cousins listened to Obiligbo, Okonkwo Iyaji asaa(seven seven),Afam Ogbotobo, Show Promoter,Gentleman Mike Ejeagha,Mudibe and Ozoemena Nsugbe Rip(Ayaka na Nsugbe). My beautiful early days.
guy you are there, you just listed them there, seven seven, obiligbo, morocco etc, the flavour of there music na die it's unfortunate that morocco had to chase money leaving the good music he was know for, i have tried to get some of his oldies online and offline, but i got just few and am still trying to get more alongside old school osadebe, i have seven seven chadwick, long john and others, there are really great

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:04pm On Aug 02, 2014
peppyluv02: Actually,I'v forgotten my password to this nl email acc. But I replied you through the mail add I saw on your profile.

No biggie, dear.
You have a mail.
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by etebefia: 1:08pm On Aug 02, 2014
Lanceslot: We also have Egedege invented by Theresa Onuora.
yes egedege is there, i remember her track, ONYILO KANYI NASO
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by Activityj(m): 1:10pm On Aug 02, 2014
Odilafta: Hello,I'm a highlife music lover smiley
I listen to highlife music from legends such as Oliver De Coke grin,Osita Osadebe,Oriental brothers,Onyeka Owenu and co

nwanne ibunø ezigbo nwa afo igbo.

And trust me,listening to highlife's goes down well with a glass of palmwine+garden egg & ose óji

I love highlife
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by etebefia: 1:14pm On Aug 02, 2014
Eyop:
cheesy grin some people are really funny. Flavour classified as highlife musician Joke of the 21st century
yes flavour might not be highlife artist, but if you are used to listening flavour and osadebe then you'll realise that flavour gets his beats from osadebe tracks just like J. Martins gets his beats from Onyeka onwenu and nelly uchendu tracks
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by etebefia: 1:17pm On Aug 02, 2014
angela98: Please does any one knows who sang this highlife, that goes by this lyrics...

Never you marry a wakabout
If you marry a waka about o
Na so so trouble trouble trouble.

And

Love nwantintin
nelly uchendu (the golden voice) beyonces voice is trash compared to nelly uchendus voice
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by Diamondpicture(m): 1:18pm On Aug 02, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

Guy, you are dead wrong...lol
It's the other way round.
Seven Seven even said it himself that he Nwoye Nwazodo taught him music and told him what to sing in the chorus. You gotta be kidding. Ayaka Nsugbe even said Nwoye Nwazodo is the father of Ekpili music. When I find the track where Seven Seven made mention of that I will ask you to go hear it yourself. Topic for men,indeed....lol
go listen to the track about him and his mother how they went to nene for a show and at the end listen very well he did mention Nwoye Nwazodo na ekwere mu egwu all the same I have tried to compile mine try to do your own compilation and if truly you are from a tank you can ask from chijoke if he knows me muddy ibe son that is into marketing he will enlighten you or better still I can give you his contact

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by Eyop: 1:19pm On Aug 02, 2014
etebefia: yes flavour might not be highlife artist, but if you are used to listening flavour and osadebe then you'll realise that flavour gets his beats from osadebe tracks just like J. Martins gets his beats from Onyeka onwenu and nelly uchendu tracks
Well that doesn't still make him a highlife artist. I listen to real highlife and not copyrights.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by Diamondpicture(m): 1:21pm On Aug 02, 2014
OdenigboAroli: @Diamondpicture, go listen to Seven Seven's Chardwick. He said it right there, himself.
Bros,you be learner..lol
there he said Nwoye nwozodo na ekwere mu egwu
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by etebefia: 1:26pm On Aug 02, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

Guy,Ekpili is rooted in Igboland and Omanbala region, to be precise.
In the true form of Ekpilin no electrical instrument is involved.
Ogene isn't involved .
Ekpili is made up of original Igbo instruments like Ekpili, okpokolo, udu, ogwe and igba and ubo. These are the basic instruments. While in highlife,you have guitar, piano,snare drums,trumpet,saxophone and others. And if you add these instruments to Ekpili then you can't call it Ekpili,anymore.

These are some of Okonkwo Iyaji Asaa songs I know.
Enu Elonma.
Oluvulu.
Long John.
Chardwick.
Competition.

Uwa m'uwa asaa....I'm a big fan of his music.
Even, I'm listening to Chardwick now.
guy help me add INDEPENDENCE UMUALUSI and IJE POLICE NA 77
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by LyfeJennings(m): 1:38pm On Aug 02, 2014
Onyiibazz:

You quoted me first to say something that's not sensible and you expect me to clap for you. It doesnt work that way bro, next time you want to make a claim, be sure to have gathered enough substantial facts!

U just a foolish old hag. I tot U were sensible nuff to state ur point without exposing ur foolishness but U just disappointed yourself
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by Ezemust: 1:46pm On Aug 02, 2014
mamziii: pls ders dis song,not so sure who sang it it goes like. If u want 2 marry a husband make u no mari waka about,if u mari waka about o na so so trouble trouble trouble,na trouble trouble trouble double wahala,na so so trouble trouble trouble
i tink its fatai rolling doller
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by polarman(m): 1:56pm On Aug 02, 2014
I am really surprised to see this thread. It shows that many people are getting more matured at heart. Highlife music is a real great genre. I have seen many greats but we have forgotten THE GREATS of highlife. Do you remember names like E.C Arinze, Tunde Osofisan (still lives in Festac,if my memories are still sharp), The late Zeal Onya (The trumpeter of great repute), Y.S Akinbo (Fela's Saxophonist of Ojuelegba) - he plays some beautiful highlife, Ambrose Campbell (of the Oh Bladi, Oh Blada song, still alive in USA), E.T Mensah (the King of Ghana Highlife), Bobby Benson (Ikorodu man with a large presence in Fadeyi Area of lagos).

The Pre- and Early Independence years were the Highlife era but the tides have changed to Hip-hop (where everyone hips and hops to music). A horns man so i know why i have spoken about these greats.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:58pm On Aug 02, 2014
Diamondpicture: there he said Nwoye nwozodo na ekwere mu egwu

Again,you couldn't be more wrong...In that song,he didn't even mention Nwoye Nwazodo!
He mentioned some Michael. Okonkwo Asaa was a backup singer for the Legendary Nwoye Nwazodo. I have listened to the song like four times in the last forty minutes.
You should have done your research before you start calling somebody a" boy".
I have been listening to Ekpili music since I was 8yrs....now,roger that!
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by Onyiibazz: 1:58pm On Aug 02, 2014
LeoFish92: please guys am seriously in love with this piece of music EDIKWANSA by the peacock band group, please can anyone give me a link on where to download it, I don search google tire, please guys, am a lead guitarist and there are some solo lines I wanna learn from that song

Wow, nice to find a lead guitarist here. Am also a lead guitarist, i also play bass too. Do you play in shows? And which side do you reside?
I just downloaded the song now. Try this link http://a1.my.naij.com/download/a/mk/jy/ee/8p/mkjyee8p/name/Array+-+Eddie+Quansa%28music.naij.com%29.mp3
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:59pm On Aug 02, 2014
etebefia: guy help me add INDEPENDENCE UMUALUSI and IJE POLICE NA 77

Nnaa, I don't have them at the moment.
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by OdenigboAroli(m): 2:06pm On Aug 02, 2014
Diamondpicture:
go listen to the track about him and his mother how they went to nene for a show and at the end listen very well he did mention Nwoye Nwazodo na ekwere mu egwu all the same I have tried to compile mine try to do your own compilation and if truly you are from a tank you can ask from chijoke if he knows me muddy ibe son that is into marketing he will enlighten you or better still I can give you his contact

From" tank"? Are you Mudibe's son?
Guy,I don't need to compile anything. I know my music...You don't even know why Ozoemena Nsugbe was called" Ayaka Nsugbe"....You are nowhere near me in the knowledge of Igbo traditional music. My mother taught people songs and dance. I was born into music and my very village has reputation for music and dance.
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by Onyiibazz: 2:08pm On Aug 02, 2014
LyfeJennings:

U just a foolish old hag. I tot U were sensible nuff to state ur point without exposing ur foolishness but U just disappointed yourself

What is this one saying? Make your abuses clearer young boy!!!
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by Ezemust: 2:14pm On Aug 02, 2014
Eyop:
Brother i really do and am glad to have someone on the forum that enjoys the music same as i do. I think Diblo dibala is a fantastic Guitarist that's why they nicknamed him Machine Gun. There are other artiste i didn't list such as Pepe Kalle,Alain Kounkou,Alain Makaba,etc
wat do u make of fallY ipupa?i love his songs wella
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by lloydtruth: 2:15pm On Aug 02, 2014
Wow i didn't know that there are some nigerians that enjoy real good music like me, i thought i was the only one who enjoys these HighLife Musics but going through these thread i realise that there are so many nigerians who still know what good music is all about and not some of the noise that our contemporary artist are give us. Morocco will alway be in my heart for the good music i use to give us (i mean old school morocco not the recent musics), CHRISTOPHER ASAH (77) has given us good music for our system, OSADEBE, OLIVER D,COQUE, OZOEMENA NSUGBE, ALI CHUKWUMA, PEACOCKS INTERNATIONAL (OHH GOD BLESS THAT BAND GROUP) ORIENTAL BROTHERS, ONYEKA ONWENU, NELLY UCHENDU (GOD BLESS NELLY FOR ME), CHRISTY IGBOKWE, VICTOR UWAIFO, EZIGBO OBILIGBO, KING SUNNY ADE ETC, please is there option for REQUEST? because there are a lot of these oldies that i need badly which another person might have.
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by Eyop: 2:17pm On Aug 02, 2014
Ezemust: wat do u make of fallY ipupa?i love his songs wella
Fally Ipupa is a break away from Koffi Olomide because it's from Koffi Olomide's group that he became famous though once in a while he still feature for Olomide but he's a great artiste as well but am talking of the masters wink
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by angela98(f): 2:33pm On Aug 02, 2014
etebefia: nelly uchendu (the golden voice) beyonces voice is trash compared to nelly uchendus voice
you can say that again. I really misses my oldies highlife. They reminds me of my late dad.
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by angela98(f): 2:34pm On Aug 02, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
Late Nelly Uchendu.
kiss thanks
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by angela98(f): 2:35pm On Aug 02, 2014
Onyiibazz:

Love nwantiti was sang by Nelly Uchendu if am not making mistakes, and for the first song, i cant remember the person that sang it again o, it's been really long. Chances are that it may be the same Nelly Uchendu!
bless you thanks
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by LyfeJennings(m): 3:01pm On Aug 02, 2014
Onyiibazz:

What is this one saying? Make your abuses clearer young boy!!!

I just said U ARE A FOOLISH OLD MAN
Re: A Thread For Highlife Music Lovers by Onyiibazz: 3:43pm On Aug 02, 2014
LyfeJennings:

I just said U ARE A FOOLISH OLD MAN

Ok!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

American Military Officers Perform Ayra Starr’s Rush (video) / Naira Marley’s 'Soapy' Ranked Most Played Song In Nigeria / Lyrics of Nigerian and Foreign Songs Compared

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.