Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,709 members, 7,816,912 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! - Travel (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! (202469 Views)

Anyone Studying In Belgium? / Anyone Studying In Lithuania? / Are There Any Nigerians In Portugal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (59) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by water4: 2:41am On Jun 25, 2021
It's alright. Please do
D33VA:
Should I create a WhatsApp group for all intending??

if I do please beware that I will without mercy remove anyone who posts anything unrelated.

I applied for Nova SBE and I am working on the visa process as well.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Breathtaker(m): 10:59pm On Jun 25, 2021
There's no need for WhatsApp group... People can easily be scammed there... Ask questions here, let others answer...
That way, strangers/everyone will benefit
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by fasa199(m): 8:09am On Jun 26, 2021
Please do not create a WhatsApp group. Leaving informations here is better because anyone can see it at anytime.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Modella44(f): 10:24am On Jun 28, 2021
Good day all,

Please I really need help, and it just occurred to me that I could ask here, and hopefully get help.

I applied for my masters degree at the University of Evora sometimes in May and I later got a response from them that my document validation could not be completed, and therefore not successful. This was their mail to me:

The final grade obtained in the baccalaureate is missing. In the certificate the final grade and the scale is not noticeable.
You must access the application and place the final grade obtained, the minimum and maximum classification.
Declaration of the Institution that issued the certificate of qualification or of the Embassy with the final average and rating scale used in that institution, identifying the minimum rating corresponding to approval must be attached

I'm however confused because these things are right there on every back page of my transcript. So I don't know how else to tackle this. I've mailed them severally and it's still the same response I'm getting. And they said I have till 2nd of July to submit it.

I honestly don't know what they need, or what to ask University to provide for me.

Please have a look through my transcript back page. It shows my graduating class, the exact cgpa I finished with, the grading scale my school uses etc.

I'll greatly appreciate all the help I can get to overcome this. Thank you�
And I'm sorry for the lengthy write-up.

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by pappy2000: 7:11pm On Jun 28, 2021
I needed to follow this thread
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by OKENNAPRINCE: 11:16am On Jun 29, 2021
pappy2000:
I needed to follow this thread

I think they are talking about your final GPA. Its not stated there. What seems to appear there looks like your level's GPA and not the overall for the total years of study.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by feyiwonda(f): 10:25pm On Jun 29, 2021
water4:
Please, I sent you an email regarding your school

I can help with your travel Insurance. PM me
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by feyiwonda(f): 10:29pm On Jun 29, 2021
OKENNAPRINCE:
please is this document necessary? "Travel insurance for the period of the programme or at least one year plus copy,", and how can I get it?

I got a fellowship at NOVA Lisbon and I will really appreciate how I can start the VISA application process.

I was at the VSF office in Lagos & got directed to go to Abuja

I can help with your Travel Insurance. @AIICO Insurance
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Modella44(f): 9:23am On Jun 30, 2021
OKENNAPRINCE:

I think they are talking about your final GPA. Its not stated there. What seems to appear there looks like your level's GPA and not the overall for the total years of study.

It's written there. My GPA for the 500L second semester was 4.75, and my overall grading CGPA is 4.47.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by cyriltochi: 1:30pm On Jun 30, 2021
Hi guys, I got a PhD offer at the University of Aveiro, and I am expected to resume this year. I have also secured a Supervisor, as well as a Co-supervisor but funding will be available by next year June. Now, my question is what minimum amount do I need in my account as proof of sustenance?

Please if there is someone in Aveiro please send an email to Tochukwu07@gmail.com, I need to enquire more.

Thank you.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by emmsana: 4:08pm On Jun 30, 2021
Guys please I need help, I am in the process of filing my application but don't know where to start most especially the part of Ministry of education.
All previous ogas kindly explain the steps
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by ApotiEriOluwa1(f): 10:27am On Jul 01, 2021
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Layohrt(f): 2:39pm On Jul 01, 2021
Hello, I tried applying to the university of Aveiro for PhD as well but I didn’t get the admission due to me not been able to verify my degree with the ministry and all. Please I will appreciate it if you can guide me through the process. Thank you

Thank you.

[/quote]
cyriltochi:
Hi guys, I got a PhD offer at the University of Aveiro, and I am expected to resume this year. I have also secured a Supervisor, as well as a Co-supervisor but funding will be available by next year June. Now, my question is what minimum amount do I need in my account as proof of sustenance?

Please if there is someone in Aveiro please send an email to Tochukwu07@gmail.com, I need to enquire more.

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Layohrt(f): 2:40pm On Jul 01, 2021
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by cyriltochi: 7:12pm On Jul 01, 2021
Honestly, I am somewhat surprised about the process I'm seeing here. I did not verify any of my documents when applying for the PhD program, and the application was done 100% online. I guess having a good number of publications was helpful. Although I am currently not in Nigeria, I am about to complete my Master's program in Oceania. And again, the Portugual Embassy in Australia oversee the visa applications here. I only need to send the below documents via mail to them.

1 Passport or additional travel document valid for 3 months after the duration of the stay

2 Two passport photos, up-to-date and with enough quality to identify the applicant;

3 Valid travel insurance, allowing medical coverage, including medical emergencies and repatriation;

4 Proof of being in a regular situation when from a different nationality than that of the country where the visa is being applied for;

5 Request for criminal record enquiry by the Immigration and Border Services (SEF);

6 Criminal record certificate from the country of origin or the country where the applicant is residing for over a year (children under the age of 16 are exempt from producing a criminal record);

7 Proof of accommodation;

8 Proof of means of subsistence as stipulated by law;

9 Proof of subsistence means can be made through a statement of responsibility, signed by a Portuguese national or by a foreign national legally resident in Portugal.
10 Official form

Interestingly, the University covers health insurance for PhD students.

Layohrt:
Hello, I tried applying to the university of Aveiro for PhD as well but I didn’t get the admission due to me not been able to verify my degree with the ministry and all. Please I will appreciate it if you can guide me through the process. Thank you

Thank you.

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Kingzy4pep(m): 7:34pm On Jul 01, 2021
cyriltochi:

Honestly, I am somewhat surprised about the process I'm seeing here. I did not verify any of my documents when applying for the PhD program, and the application was done 100% online. I guess having a good number of publications was helpful. Although I am currently not in Nigeria, I am about to complete my Master's program in Oceania. And again, the Portugual Embassy in Australia oversee the visa applications here. I only need to send the below documents via mail to them.

1 Passport or additional travel document valid for 3 months after the duration of the stay

2 Two passport photos, up-to-date and with enough quality to identify the applicant;

3 Valid travel insurance, allowing medical coverage, including medical emergencies and repatriation;

4 Proof of being in a regular situation when from a different nationality than that of the country where the visa is being applied for;

5 Request for criminal record enquiry by the Immigration and Border Services (SEF);

6 Criminal record certificate from the country of origin or the country where the applicant is residing for over a year (children under the age of 16 are exempt from producing a criminal record);

9 Proof of subsistence means can be made through a statement of responsibility, signed by a Portuguese national or by a foreign national legally resident in Portugal.
10 Official form

I still don't understand why Visa applications in Nigeria is so stressful. I have a friend (Nigerian) who applied for a Student Visa to the USA from here. He got his Visa approved the same day.

Sorry, Are you leaving Australia for Portugal?
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Layohrt(f): 10:12pm On Jul 01, 2021
Okay, lucky you.

The whole process seem very long from Nigeria here, I actually missed the admission cus of that.

Thank you

cyriltochi:

10 Official form

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by cyriltochi: 11:32pm On Jul 01, 2021
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by mrbrodaman: 4:36pm On Jul 02, 2021
Hi, house are there universities in Portugal that offer Bachelors program in English?

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by SBseyi: 3:08pm On Jul 03, 2021
I just applied to NOVA Information Management school today for September intake..
Do I still have the time to finish up visa processing once I get admitted.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by dannybomb(m): 11:05am On Jul 04, 2021
Thanks to everyone who contributed to the thread, please I would love to study in Portugal and currently making all possible means to raise the money, my question is, which University in Portugal accept HND cert for a master program. I would appreciate if anyone with such experience or have any knowledge about this could reply thanks
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by dannybomb(m): 11:10am On Jul 04, 2021
agboa:

the Consular Section informs that it will first verify your certificate/s and transcript/s through National Universities Commission. Therefore, you have to stamp the photocopy of the certificate/s and transcript/s at the Federal Ministry of Education and Ministry of Foreign Affairs before bringing them to the Embassy. Also, intending applicants should note that the application for Visa will not be accepted if the reply to the request for verification of certificate and transcript is not received

If the result of the verification is positive, you will be contacted to come to apply for the visa with the following documents:

- a valid passport,

- copy of data page of the passport and any other page with a visa or stamp,

- very clearly completed application form, (to be given at the point of application),

- 2 recent coloured passport photos,

- copy of school certificate/s and transcript/s stamped by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the issuing country and original,

- Police Character certificate stamped by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the issuing country plus copy,

- letter of acceptance from the school in Portugal plus copy,

- evidence of accommodation in Portugal plus copy,

- travel insurance for the period of the programme or at least one year plus copy,

- proof of financial capability if applicant is not on scholarship,

- flight reservation,

- Request for consultation of the Portuguese criminal registry, (to be given at the point of application)

- Visa fee is 90 Euros (paid in Naira according to the exchange rate for the month).

- the Section reserves the right to ask for additional documents it deems necessary.

The Police Character Certificate will be authenticated by this Consular Section at the cost of 15 Euros (paid in Naira, according to the exchange rate for the month).

You must apply in person. Consular Section is open to the public on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 9.30a.m. and 12.30p.m. except on Portuguese and Nigerian National holidays.

Please note that if you will require your certificates legalised by this Consular Section, the fee is 15 Euros per document (paid in Naira according to the exchange rate for the month).

Visas are granted or denied by Portugal and this visa has a long processing period, so the Embassy may not keep the passport. When the reply is received from Portugal, the Embassy contacts the applicant.

Thank you,

Very elaborate, please sir do you have any idea if any institution accept HND cert for a masters program in Portugal
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by dannybomb(m): 11:12am On Jul 04, 2021
Quenmoly:

Drop ur email so that I can reach u... I have a friend currently in that school and I will be applying for October/November academic session
Please me too my email is chrisdan665@gmail.com
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by dannybomb(m): 11:20am On Jul 04, 2021

What’s ur age ?
Please i finish with a HND cert in banking and finance and am 27 years of age, any idea of any institution I can do my masters in Portugal thanks
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by dannybomb(m): 12:22pm On Jul 04, 2021
queendoreez:

I've found some schools, HMU if you're interested.
Please give a list of the schools you have found, and what's the full name of the HMU
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by Whizzing(m): 4:26pm On Jul 05, 2021
Hi all,

I think the first step for anyone trying to search for schools in Portugal is to use this website
www.mastersportal.com
Search according to the country and course of choice.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by MosesMont(m): 8:52am On Jul 12, 2021
You will need to book an appointment online via the Ministry of Education website https://ess.education.gov.ng/
emmsana:
Guys please I need help, I am in the process of filing my application but don't know where to start most especially the part of Ministry of education.
All previous ogas kindly explain the steps

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by MosesMont(m): 8:54am On Jul 12, 2021
I would advise you search through Wikipedia of different schools in Portugal. Mail them and make your enquiries. That way you will get information that is woorthwhile
dannybomb:
Thanks to everyone who contributed to the thread, please I would love to study in Portugal and currently making all possible means to raise the money, my question is, which University in Portugal accept HND cert for a master program. I would appreciate if anyone with such experience or have any knowledge about this could reply thanks

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by oluomo2013: 9:05pm On Jul 19, 2021
Hi guys! Good to be here as a first timer.
I will like to apply for a PhD in Portugal, considering the fact that I will be sponsoring myself for it.
What are the possible chance and how do I go about the admission and visa process?
Anyone with good knowledge on how to go about the process will be appreciated. Thanks.
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by oluomo2013: 2:28pm On Jul 20, 2021
Thanks for very much for your response/advise.
Are you in Portugal?
MosesMont:
Start by checking the different school portals in Portugal for your preferred course. Chances that you will get admission is high. The visa process is also straight forward
Re: Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! by MosesMont(m): 3:21pm On Jul 20, 2021
You're welcome
oluomo2013:
Thanks for very much for your response/advise.
Are you in Portugal?

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (59) (Reply)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / General New Zealand Student Enquires / Travelling To Canada-part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.