Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,376 members, 7,812,094 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:07 AM

How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation - Jobs/Vacancies (199) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation (1807896 Views)

How To Detect A SCAM Interview Using Nairaland / House Please Help!!! Is This A Scam Interview? / Scam Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (269) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by chizzyking(m): 1:36pm On Oct 02, 2019
HausaOverlord:
got the same email today too, I don't even remember applying for anything like that
Did you attend, how was it
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by bsoda: 4:08pm On Oct 02, 2019
It's a scam. I got the same email but a different company. Better save your tp fare. There's a post on Nairaland where one guy shared his experience with these wicked people.

Your online application as a HR Executive received by us (our affiliate PHYATEX INTERNATIONAL). We believe you will be able to defend your CV and if need be choose from other option with the company.

You are hereby invited for an interview session. Your assessment will determine if you are fit for a job offer.

Date: Thursday, 8th October, 2019
Time : 9:00 am
Venue : 7, second gate Chemline House, Obasa Road beside Forte Oil Filing Station. Oba - Akran Avenue, Ikeja Lagos State.

Kindly respond to this email and confirm your availability.
Print out and come along with a copy of this invite to gain access into the premises, also come with an updated copy of your CV and a valid means of identification.

Best Regards
HR Jennifer
www.fview.org

DISCLAIMER
This email and any attachment received with it are confidential. Please delete immediately from your system if you have received this email in error or If you are not the intended recipient of this email.

Fview Team is committed to helping you secure worthwhile employment. We are a third-party recruiter and outsourcing agency.

Third-party Recruiters: Third-party Recruiters are agencies, organizations, or individuals recruiting candidates for specified positions, be it temporary, part time, or full time employments on behalf of others and not for their own needs. You understand and consent that in order to facilitate the recruitment process on your behalf, Fview, may forward your details to clients who are interested in you, Or, in other cases forward your details to clients who are interested in your services.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by chieni(f): 5:10pm On Oct 02, 2019
In response to your mail to us. You are hereby invited  for an ASSESSMENT  for either of the  following roles

* Customer Service

* Admin and Marketing Officer

* Business Development Executive 

* Secretary

Please note that your Assessment will Determine your Selection for any Offer. 

Date :Friday 4th October ,2019.

Time: 9:30am 

Venue: Gate 2, Chemline building, off Forte Oil, Oba-Akran, Ikeja,  Lagos Nigeria 

Come along with an updated CV and a printed copy of this mail for easy access. 

Kindly  confirm your availability.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by chieni(f): 5:11pm On Oct 02, 2019
please is this real?

In response to your mail to us. You are hereby invited  for an ASSESSMENT  for either of the  following roles

* Customer Service

* Secretary

Venue: Gate 2, Chemline building, off Forte Oil, Oba-Akran, Ikeja,  Lagos Nigeria 

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by scave(m): 6:25pm On Oct 02, 2019
chieni:

* Customer Service

* Secretary

Fake

2 Likes

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by johnjunior39(m): 6:41pm On Oct 02, 2019
Please who know about newchip technology, are the real and what's the pay like
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by niyiforeal(m): 7:18pm On Oct 02, 2019
Chozen1665:
[You have been scheduled for an interview session for the role of Tele-Counsellor.

Location: LBH Consulting ltd- 5A Dele Adedayo, off Ramat Crescent, Ogudu GRA, Lagos
Pls help mi confirm this
please any update on it I got the same mail
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Mohs: 11:41pm On Oct 02, 2019
Chozen1665:
[You have been scheduled for an interview session for the role of Tele-Counsellor.

Location: LBH Consulting ltd- 5A Dele Adedayo, off Ramat Crescent, Ogudu GRA, Lagos
Pls help mi confirm this
Is this a fake interview?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Mohs: 11:41pm On Oct 02, 2019
niyiforeal:
please any update on it I got the same mail
Same here
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Themainn: 4:13am On Oct 03, 2019
Hi there, I'm a professional, CV/Resume Writer with years of experience writing resumes and working on external recruitment processes for companies.

A CV is usually the first hurdle to cross in a job application process.

No matter how good or proficient you are, a bad CV will disqualify you from getting a job that you are perfectly qualified for.

Using my qualifications and knowledge, i'll create an optimized CV and Cover Letter for you, adhering to the best practices specific to your industry. Using carefully worded sentences and an eye-catching design, i'll create a unique CVthat is sure to give you an edge over other applicants.

I provide

Professional CV Writing Services

Resume and Cover Letter Writing Services

Visually appealing yet simple Resume Design.

Eye-catching CV Design

ATS-optimized Resume & CV

My Resumes/CVs' are usually

Detailed and Comprehensive

Professional

Free of Errors

Timely Delivered

100% Unique & Optimized

Order my services today
Call or WhatsApp me in +2349018902459
Or email me @ ihemejonathan@yahoo.com

The end result is a unique resume that plays on your strengths and is sure to get you the interview you deserve.

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by HausaOverlord: 10:12am On Oct 03, 2019
chizzyking:

Did you attend, how was it
I didn't I think it's a scam, I don't remember applying anything like that
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by code7x: 2:24pm On Oct 03, 2019
Hello house
Please I need fellow nairalanders to open this link and click on "Support me". That's all I need to stand a chance for an interview.
Please don't just look away. It'll only take 2 seconds to help a brother.

Thanks in anticipation

https://bit. ly/2oKSbnW

Note: I had to put space in between, else it won't get posted. So pls copy and removed the space.
Thanks
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by kaey10(m): 2:37am On Oct 04, 2019
Pls someone should help me confirm if its fake or not

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by zealousB(m): 1:18pm On Oct 04, 2019
kaey10:
Pls someone should help me confirm if its fake or not

Bros I don't reside in Abuja but a fake or scam employers wouldn't be so transparent the way this one have come out to give you details of the salary they are offering. You best decide if you want the 35k,prepare well to nail the interview and go ahead or else you would keep doubting and loss out of this opportunity..
However to be really sure please type the address of the office on Google and see the result
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by laiciffo: 3:29pm On Oct 04, 2019
*URGENT VACANCY*

We are currently recruiting for the position of an *ANALYST*

The ideal candidate will be responsible for
*Working closely with the management to establish initiatives and strategies to develop the business
*Creating a detailed business analysis, highlighting opportunities, challenges and solutions for the business
*Developing project plans for business and ensure appropriate implementation of plans.
*Monitoring lifecycle of project and evaluate customer reviews for business processes
*analysing business for clients and manage all customer projects.
*Maintaining appropriate knowledge on various business units.
*Developing professional relationship with vendors and clients
*writing proposals, report and making presentations

REQUIREMENTS
*Minimum of a Masters degree in related field
* Extensive training and experience in marketing, sales, and business development
* excellent written and verbal communication skills
*Ability to impact operations and effect change without being confrontational
*I T savvy

Interested candidates should send their CVs to
email: *info@ecosourcingglobal.com web:www.trustededgeconsult.com*
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Omaresh(f): 5:32pm On Oct 04, 2019
I got an interview for a job that clearly states the role is for HND holders but I have a Bsc and I'm contemplating if I should attend, can I get your opinion please ?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Chrisben6789(m): 5:40pm On Oct 04, 2019
SY-HILLS CONSULT
Sequel To Your Application To Us Online,You Have Been Shortlisted To Have An Interview With The Head Of Hr Date:07/10/2019 Time:9:00am Venue:2nd gate Chemline building Obasa street Oba Akran Ikeja Come With An Updated Copy Of Your Resume. Best Regards. Hr Kayode
Pls someone should help a brother to verify this interview I just received this message today
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by bjstardom(m): 6:15pm On Oct 04, 2019
Chrisben6789:
SY-HILLS CONSULT
Sequel To Your Application To Us Online,You Have Been Shortlisted To Have An Interview With The Head Of Hr Date:07/10/2019 Time:9:00am Venue:2nd gate Chemline building Obasa street Oba Akran Ikeja Come With An Updated Copy Of Your Resume. Best Regards. Hr Kayode
Pls someone should help a brother to verify this interview I just received this message today

This is fake, faker, fakest. Use your tfare to chop better food!
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by bjstardom(m): 6:16pm On Oct 04, 2019
Omaresh:
I got an interview for a job that clearly states the role is for HND holders but I have a Bsc and I'm contemplating if I should attend, can I get your opinion please ?

Go na!!! Even HND do go for BSC exclusive roles.

2 Likes

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by GodykeJnr: 7:48pm On Oct 04, 2019
Ur invited 4 Cocacola Presellers Recritment Test;On 8th Oct.2019 21B Ovie-whisky Str off Agho,off Ekewan Rd BeninCity.Bring Credentials & NYSC Cert.Time:10am

Please help a brother by confirming this!!!
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by kosisonk(m): 10:22pm On Oct 04, 2019
After careful consideration of your application we have decided to schedule you for an interview to hear from you personally.

Your interview is scheduled as follows;

DATE: Friday, 4th October, 2019.

VENUE: No 007, Obasa Street, Off Oba Akran Avenue, Ikeja, Lagos.

TIME: 9:00am

Note: Kindly come with a printed copy of this email invite, your updated CV and acknowledge as received.

Best Regards.
Mrs. Calista,
For OUTSTANDING INC.
Helpline: +2349017809390 or visit www.outstandinginc.com.ng for more Information.

Disclaimer: Outstanding Inc. is committed to helping you secure worthwhile employment. We are a Third-party recruiters.

Third Party Recruiters: Third party recruiters are defined as agencies, organizations, or individual recruiting candidates for temporary, part time, or full-time employment on behalf of others and not for their own needs

Fake
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Chrisben6789(m): 3:06am On Oct 05, 2019
SY-HILLS CONSULT
Thanks all for making me not to fell into the hands of this scammers on job interview
I was planning to attend the interview on Monday
Thank God for Nairaland forum
God bless
One love

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by KiingShay(m): 9:39am On Oct 05, 2019
Dear Applicant,

Thanks for your application to Platinum Gates, we have confirmed your interview date and time.

However, when coming for the interview, kindly bring with you the following documents

1. Copiies of your credentials(1 each)
2. A copy of your ID e.g passport, Driving Licence or Voter's card
3. A copy of Utility bill showing your address.

The interview will be conducted at our Lagos mainland office at the address below

Venue: Platinum Gates Building

7 Adenuga Taiwo Street,

oyefeso avenue by Savoil Bus/stop Obanikoro

Beside Astoria Hotel

near TREM Headquarter Obanikoro/Gbagadada

Can anyone please help? I need to know if it's genuine or scam, so I don't bother myself going for the interview.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by bjstardom(m): 12:58pm On Oct 05, 2019
KiingShay:
Dear Applicant,

Thanks for your application to Platinum Gates, we have confirmed your interview date and time.

However, when coming for the interview, kindly bring with you the following documents

1. Copiies of your credentials(1 each)
2. A copy of your ID e.g passport, Driving Licence or Voter's card
3. A copy of Utility bill showing your address.

The interview will be conducted at our Lagos mainland office at the address below

Venue: Platinum Gates Building

7 Adenuga Taiwo Street,

oyefeso avenue by Savoil Bus/stop Obanikoro

Beside Astoria Hotel

near TREM Headquarter Obanikoro/Gbagadada

Can anyone please help? I need to know if it's genuine or scam, so I don't bother myself going for the interview.

With these settings they look somehow legit, you can give it a try.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by chieni(f): 2:50pm On Oct 06, 2019
scave:

Fake
Thanks.
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Deshannel(m): 9:08am On Oct 07, 2019
Njeps:

Did u attend this interview again or is it scam??
I got same too for Client Manager

How did you apply for client manager?
It’s not scam I went for the interview
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by revcompaty(m): 12:13pm On Oct 07, 2019
YOU ARE HEREBY INVITED FOR AN INTERVIEW WITH SOLAR ENERGY AND PVC COMPANY LIMITED FOR THE POSITION OF STORE CLERK ON SATURDAY 12TH OF OCTOBER 2019, NO. 3 OMOLABAKE AVENUE, OFF ALL OVER POLYTECHNIC. TIME:9AM CALL GABRIEL ON 07032239208.(FROM SANGO MARKET TAKE A BIKE TO ANIMASHAUN BUS STOP, YHEN TAKE ANOTHER BIKE TO OMOLABAKE SCHOOL, DROP AT D PIPE FACTORY)TRANSPORTATION WILL BE GIVEN TO ALL CANDIDATES

Anyone heard bout this before?
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by haydiamond(f): 6:15pm On Oct 07, 2019
Please is Proten a legit recruitment agency
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Adeolu315(m): 6:32pm On Oct 07, 2019
haydiamond:
Please is Proten a legit recruitment agency

Checked online, it's a popular company
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by phillippians(m): 8:56pm On Oct 07, 2019
LaurelP:
I have seen so many Nairalanders complaining and lamenting their ordeal in the hands of fake scam companies who invite people for interview only to introduce them to fake drug marketing business.
I'm doing this not only because these companies waste people's time, energy and T-fair going to such interviews, but also because most of these scammers extort money from hapless job seekers thereby making their suffering times two.
Imagine a scammer extorting #10,500 from a graduate who have been unemployed for years, not to talk of the transport fare wasted going to such fruitless interviews or job chat as they usually call it.
Some people even borrow money to pay these sheep in wolves clothing, who promise them heaven on earth. Some will tell you that you will make half a million within 1 month and all that. If you're not careful, you will take a loan that you will not be able to repay thus causing embarrassment and lack of rest of mind. An unemployed person should have only himself to worry about, not having debts also.

So I believe that if we are properly guided, we will not fall into the hands of these scammers.
Having said that, there are ways by which one can identify a fake or scam interview invitation and there fore avoid such waste of time and money. The good thing is that most of their messages come in the same format, so you will know its fake!

1. The message does not bear a company name: most of these scammers won't include their names on the message you will receive. All you will see are the address, the time and date and a phone number. A genuine company will not hide its identity from a potential employee.

2. The message will say "interview/job briefing": whatever job briefing means I don't know!
3. You will see a code or reference: something like "HR=0056" or "REF=002". This is an indication of the code number of the person who invited you to the "job briefing".
4. It will contain a phone number: this is the number of your referer. Most genuine companies don't give phone numbers.
5. You will see HR Admin in the message instead of company name
6. If you call their number, they will be reluctant to give info on the company.

And pls, ignore those people sharing job flyers on the streets, and those ones they paste on walls. Those are scammers and some ritualists too. And also most of these so called agencies are avenues for duping unsuspecting job seekers. Pls shine your eyes well well.
I will post the names of some of these fake companies/ agencies later.

Pls if you have any experiences inthe hands of these scammers kindly share it here so that others can learn and avoid them too. Thank you

Cheers!
Please I need a job, anyone who can help. Am married with a daughter, Just stopped working in a hospital lab recently, am young and very active and productive. I have a First degree BS c Microbiology, Second class honors, my number is 08100254826
Re: How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation by Deeutd: 11:30pm On Oct 07, 2019
How was it, did you apply for the role you were interviewed for?

I got a mail from them today and can not remember applying for such position too.

Deshannel:

How did you apply for client manager?
It’s not scam I went for the interview

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (269) (Reply)

Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 / Post Abuja Jobs Here / Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.