Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,246 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee (29372 Views)

Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide / What If The Experimental Drug Zmapp Turns People To Zombies? / NMA President Resigns!!!!!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by iJAY1: 3:08pm On Aug 06, 2014
UrbanMystique: Nigerian pharmacists are in Church and mosque begging god to come and cure people cheesy
grin

u bad oo. laugh wan kill me
Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by Abimloaded(m): 3:08pm On Aug 06, 2014
Obum4ever: Gentleman we are not depending on the west,... Whenever there is an outbreak of disease anywhere in this world all human race puts hands together to combat it, it's not a matter of dependency.... If they have a serum that treats it then I see no reason why we shouldn't reach out to them....

Must we always ?

Can't we just produce ours ?

these are my questions!
Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by Nobody: 3:08pm On Aug 06, 2014
Abimloaded:

What about those foreigners we are depending on ? their government sponsored them all ?
Actually, yes pretty much. A few are funded by pharmaceutical companies but more are funded by research grants given to universities and research centres.
But the structure of the Nigerian govt right from military days is to spend money on ceremony, frippery, bloated salaries and other non-capital expenditure and then spend more money to import the things we have failed to produce.
Which is why when one man is trying to do things differently and then some group of 1diots calling themselves "progressives" start marketing Bu-fukin-hari for President, I wonder if we ever want to make progress as a country.

3 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by Abimloaded(m): 3:09pm On Aug 06, 2014
UrbanMystique: Nigerian pharmacists are in Church and mosque begging god to come and cure people cheesy
grin

lmao!
Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by moscobabs(m): 3:10pm On Aug 06, 2014
Obum4ever: I wish I could give you a billion likes
u just d1d that...thanks
Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by Abimloaded(m): 3:11pm On Aug 06, 2014
rickkid: Actually, yes pretty much. A few are funded by pharmaceutical companies but more are funded by research grants given to universities and research centres.
But the structure of the Nigerian govt right from military days is to spend money on ceremony, frippery, bloated salaries and other non-capital expenditure and then spend more money to import the things we have failed to produce.
Which is why when one man is trying to do things differently and then some group of 1diots calling themselves "progressives" start marketing Bu-fukin-hari for President, I wonder if we ever want to make progress as a country.

Hmmm... now I understand you but nevertheless our pharmacists should be able to do something things without the aid of the self known only government.
Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by NewNigeriaMind: 3:12pm On Aug 06, 2014
Abimloaded:

What about those foreigners we are depending on ? their government sponsored them all ?

YES!!!

Most researches are government funded as a result of the huge cost of research.

Followed by pharmaceutical companies( note that the driving force is profit)

followed by concerned rich individuals (as charity of something they hold close to heart, like something that killed a family member)

But the major financier of most researches and medical expedition is the government as public good through it higher institutes of learning through major research grants and setting up research facilities.

Now ask yourself, how much has the Nigerian government spent on any research since independence and note we have willing Nigerians with brains and interest to do these researches but no funds.

Heck!!! this is one of the demands of ASUU

6 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by ojimbo(m): 3:12pm On Aug 06, 2014
cnwamo: Wise move by the F.G, I hope the US govt responds well.
Obama have been praying for a day like this, the trap he kept for nigeria for some months ago have gotten nigeria. We are bragging of been superior when we were having anti-gay issues with US of A, we boasted of been African champion. Today, ebola wants to wipe us away from the surface of the earth and we are now crying and calling on America. One lesson we should learn is that we should mind how we talk. Nyako and Sanusi can testify of this moral lesson because it states that "experience is the best teacher"

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by Nobody: 3:12pm On Aug 06, 2014
grin

I just fell over

3 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by Nacl: 3:13pm On Aug 06, 2014
HMMM... I CAN BET THAT THIS IS JUST WHAT THE US IS WAITING FOR.
Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by GoodBoi1(m): 3:18pm On Aug 06, 2014
Knowledge is power.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by Abimloaded(m): 3:18pm On Aug 06, 2014
NewNigeriaMind:

YES!!!

Most researches are government funded as a result of the huge cost of research.

Followed by pharmaceutical companies( note that the driving force is profit)

followed by concerned rich individuals (as charity of something they hold close to heart, like something that killed a family member)

But the major financier of most researches and medical expedition is the government as public good through it higher institutes of learning through major research grants and setting up research facilities.

Now ask yourself, how much has the Nigerian government spent on any research since independence and note we have willing Nigerians with brains and interest to do these researches but no funds.

Heck!!! this is one of the demands of ASUU

The pharmacists should know this.

Nigerian government is poo!

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by Amhappy(f): 3:18pm On Aug 06, 2014
Oga minister discuss with your Oga at the top and lease them oil block. The Pharmaceutical company cannot refuse that. Thats exactly what they want. Our research team should work with what is already known(serum,bitterkola),no time for wide goose chase. The existence of the country itself is at risk.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by Blockus: 3:19pm On Aug 06, 2014
Amhappy: Oga minister discuss with your Oga at the top and lease them oil block. The Pharmaceutical company cannot refuse that. Thats exactly what they want. Our research team should work with what is already known(serum,bitterkola),no time for wide goose chase. The existence of the country itself is at risk.

What research team?

3 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by NewNigeriaMind: 3:20pm On Aug 06, 2014
Just has the Nigeria government has failed to develop a local solution to world problems that will affect its people like most advanced countries are doing it has also abandoned is the Agricultural sector.

Imagine a famine affecting the world and how it will affect Nigeria, however Akinwunmi through the federal government and Dbanj through ONE campaign may just develop and create enough awareness for Nigerians to go back to Agriculture, we should not wait to beg for food for America before we start shaping up.

4 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by JerryJJZ(m): 3:20pm On Aug 06, 2014
nerodenero: Just hope someday we will truly be free from these oyinbos but for now,we need that cure.

Bros I hail u o,,,,, I really hope but do you thing it can happen?? Isn't it just a nightmare? Do we really have a chance? Are our governments ready for that Just dnt know what to say but to adjust and adapt to their lifestyle
Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by NewNigeriaMind: 3:23pm On Aug 06, 2014
Abimloaded:

The pharmacists should know this.

Nigerian government is poo!

YES they know it and that is why the best brain in Nigeria and Africa are being offered special Visas by the western world and our people cannot resist because at least they are appreciated over there and they will be funded to put to ingenuity to work. Note the very serum Nigeria is begging for could have been the invention of a black African.

6 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by Amhappy(f): 3:24pm On Aug 06, 2014
Blockus:

What research team?
The health minister constituted a commitee to find a cure according to the post.
Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by RaptorX: 3:24pm On Aug 06, 2014
Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by sasview: 3:25pm On Aug 06, 2014
brixton: Will they allow us access? A full blown Ebola epidemic in Lagos would put the entire west at risk.

Not entire west, entire Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by Abimloaded(m): 3:25pm On Aug 06, 2014
NewNigeriaMind:

YES they know it and that is why the best brain in Nigeria and Africa are being offered special Visas by the western world and our people cannot resist because at least they are appreciated over there and they will be funded to put to ingenuity to work. Note the very serum Nigeria is begging for could have been the invention of a black African.

who am I to question bathe truth ? You've said it all bro!!

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by Nobody: 3:25pm On Aug 06, 2014
Hehehehe! Una go wait for the antidote till kingdom come grin. Reason: "Experimental drug"

US ain't sending shishi until it is almost a pandemic. You Africans need population control and this will ensure that.

But....

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by Blockus: 3:25pm On Aug 06, 2014
Amhappy: The health minister constituted a commitee to find a cure according to the post.

A Committee to find a cure for Ebola... grin

Ultimate Search Find.. FG Edition. grin

[img]http://3.bp..com/-Z3-bukdyH7c/UFXQDBFGh8I/AAAAAAAAC-o/q2jn5TVLbog/s1600/kermit.gif[/img]

5 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by calnon(m): 3:25pm On Aug 06, 2014
This rumor about the death of one of the dr that attende to the liberian patient, how realistics is it? If this is true that means the family of those infected are still in denger. The best thing is for every body to be indoors cos no clue to know who has the contact with the victim, upon all the precautionary measures and the dr were able to contact it, no body is safe then.
Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by CarmelloANGEL(m): 3:27pm On Aug 06, 2014
Nairalane: The West and The rest of Us. The world is gradually winding to an end. In this end time, the best solution is just to stick to God. He will provide a Goshen for His people in this evil world. Accept Jesus Today.
Meaning? So doz who died ar nt God's pple? Africans & dia religious sentiments. Epidemics hav always bin in d world so im sure d world wnt end anytime soon because of Ebola. The west who brought religion 2 us stil invest time & money for research bt we the Dogmas in Africa wil leave the research aspect & hope God will perform some form of magic
My pple perish because they lack wisdom

6 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by BodyKiss(m): 3:27pm On Aug 06, 2014
See all them hypocrites. I thought you lot were blaming US for the virus.

It's only in Nigeria a clueless man can be voted as president, and they say it's God that put him there. I cannot begin to say how tired of this country, I am.

6 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by BodyKiss(m): 3:29pm On Aug 06, 2014
Sweetlemon:

Those conspiracy theorists annoy the good graces outta me. They have absolutely no idea how dumb they look/sound when they start their talks.

I thought I was the only one.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by Nobody: 3:30pm On Aug 06, 2014
BodyKiss: See all them hypocrites. I thought you lot were blaming US for the virus.

It's only in Nigeria a clueless man can be voted as a president, and they say it's God that put him there. I cannot begin to say how tired of this country I am.
Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by Amhappy(f): 3:32pm On Aug 06, 2014
Blockus:

[b]A Committee to find a cure for Ebola... grin

[img]http://3.bp..com/-Z3-bukdyH7c/UFXQDBFGh8I/AAAAAAAAC-o/q2jn5TVLbog/s1600/kermit.gif[/img]
YES. You no read the post? Some people were assigned to find a cure.
Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by Nairalane: 3:33pm On Aug 06, 2014
CarmelloANGEL: Meaning?
In Jesus, the deadly disease will not come near you. Once again, accept Him Biblically

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

UK Suspends Nigerian Nurse Over Dishonesty, May Strike Name Off Register / Penile Erection Beyond 30 Minutes Is Harmful To Men - Expert / Ondo Church Attack: Blood Donors Needed At Federal Medical Centre Owo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.