Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee (29374 Views)

Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide / What If The Experimental Drug Zmapp Turns People To Zombies? / NMA President Resigns!!!!!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by philips70(m): 2:45pm On Aug 06, 2014
brixton: Will they allow us access? A full blown Ebola epidemic in Lagos would put the entire west at risk.

Entire nation. Lagos is Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by ejifranks(m): 2:45pm On Aug 06, 2014
Time for america to give Nigeria one condition- "Change ur gay right laws or no vaccine". lipsrsealed

9 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by Sweetlemon(f): 2:46pm On Aug 06, 2014
moscobabs: When SARS (Severe acute respiratory syndrome) broke out between November 2002 and July 2003, we saw how the authorities of China and Hong Kong managed the whole situation. They did not blame anybody, they just went to work and were successful in containing it even though it claimed 775 lives and affected over 8,000 people. Their governments funded their local scientists and worked with scientists all over the world. When the bird (avian) influenza also broke out, we saw how the various nations reacted, no one blamed anybody.

When MERS (Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus) broke out in Saudi Arabia affecting Qatar, Malaysia, Egypt, the United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Oman, Algeria, Bangladesh, the Philippines, the United Kingdom, and the United States, all the various governments worked together to battle the resistant strain and no one blamed anyone until the situation was brought under control. When polio vaccine was brought to Nigeria, Nigerians were blaming the West. When ebola broke out in Nigeria, Nigerians are blaming the West. I think we should also blame the West for our lack of electricity, or what do you think? Since it is the West that has been voting for and electing our leaders since 1999.

Are people not aware of the fact that from the beginning of time, epidemics and pandemics of diseases have always been with us? I just wonder why some people keep saying this is the end times...lol! Diseases and outbreaks have been with humanity right from day one. My hand is paining me, I've been typing since morning, who do you think I should blame?

Those conspiracy theorists annoy the good graces outta me. They have absolutely no idea how dumb they look/sound when they start their talks.

6 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by nerodenero: 2:46pm On Aug 06, 2014
Just hope someday we will truly be free from these oyinbos but for now,we need that cure.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by modestdude(m): 2:48pm On Aug 06, 2014
This is where America will bring their cards to the table. Abolish anti-gay law and get our full cooperation. They ve already planned this out from the beginning.

3 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by JerryJJZ(m): 2:48pm On Aug 06, 2014
Wowwwwwwwwwww its believable "Secret" it is, it cant be disclosed rather shared. Its wise for the Nigerian government since it concern not only the welfare of her citizens but also that of the government and their families as a whole. So its an understandable development. Hope it all work out for good of the country.

Good luck Jonathan
Good luck Nigeria
Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by Nobody: 2:50pm On Aug 06, 2014
alaladakosta: We have more churches than hospital, Nigerian politicians are richer than some state, invest all that money into proper education n research center, libraries n the likes. No!!! They won't . Now they calling on America to come help, sebi we call them for #BringBackOurGirls issue too? When we go get sensible leaders self?

who am i to disagree with the truth?

5 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by NewNigeriaMind: 2:51pm On Aug 06, 2014
However on a lighter note.

I will like to commend what appears to be once in a life time ability of the federal ministry of health, Lagos state government and the NMC ability to work effectively so far since the identification and diagnosis of Sawyer in Lagos.

It goes to show as long as we have educated technocrats whether in state or federal level, they will always rise above party affiliations to do the right thing.

God bless the bodies and agencies involved and more importantly God be with the doctors that will be putting their lives in danger to save us all.

God be with Nigeria

God be with Lagos

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by stevecantrell: 2:51pm On Aug 06, 2014
modestdude: This is where America will bring their cards to the table. Abolish anti-gay law and get our full cooperation. They ve already planned this out from the beginning.

Ha ha..you might be right !

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by Airforce1(m): 2:52pm On Aug 06, 2014
compressor: Abeg they should not give us any serum or drug for Ebola as all infected Liberian and Sierra Leonian will start migrating to Nigeria asap creating more problems for us here in Nigeria.
Bad move in my opinion.

Shut the fuuckup okay?

Thanks
Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by iJAY1: 2:53pm On Aug 06, 2014
good
Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by NewNigeriaMind: 2:53pm On Aug 06, 2014
Abimloaded: Where are the Nigerian PHARMACY Graduates ?

What's the essence of studying Pharmacy if they can't make research to cure for some ailments ?

Must we depend on the foreigners before we can have the cure for ailments ?

What are the Pharmacists into ?

We are only an Independent Country on paper but when it comes to finding a solution to any problem we are facing we are DEPENDENT on the foreign countries.

Boko Haram, we seeked for International help when the Chibok girls were abducted & here we are again seeking for help from the United States.

Its high time we stopped this dependence & prove the useless Independence we claim we have obtained since 1960!!

Nothing the pharmacy graduate can do.......

Research is a different ball game and it cost millions and billions of dollars.

Blame your government for spending more on amnesty than on education and research.

12 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by NewNigeriaMind: 2:55pm On Aug 06, 2014
brixton: Will they allow us access? A full blown Ebola epidemic in Lagos would put the entire west at risk.

I have the feeling the corpse brought into Anambra from Liberia might be an Ebola case.......
Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by calnon(m): 2:55pm On Aug 06, 2014
I hope Apc will not blame GEJ for Ebola virus, may be jona will stand at the airport himself to scrime the victim, cos everything that happen is Nig they seems to politize it.
Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by jhydebaba(m): 2:56pm On Aug 06, 2014
“We know that the infected doctor is stable"

But it was reported that she's dead
Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by Danhumprey: 2:56pm On Aug 06, 2014
Afrocatalyst: Please America, don't say No.

What can we give to you that you don't have? You have an alternative for oil now, you have intelligence,you have power,you have wealth, you have population, you have land, you have good health system, you have the poor and the rich, you also have pervs and straights. In fact,you have good and bad.

You have it all,there's nothing we can offer you except to bring the ones we've stolen to squander in ur country in the name of America-Africa summit. We also can come and buy houses in ur place,thereby pouring water into an ocean. We also can offer to be ur slave,do all ur dirty works in the name of immigrants as we've been doing since time immemorial. We also can volunteer to give you our best minds so you can use to develop medicines and technology to save our poor a.sses.

We can't say more than... PLEASEE HELP US!!!

Btw.. No more going to Yaba for me. Pls,this isn't child's play,it's a matter of life and death. And I need to stay alive for my kids and also ensure they inherit a safe place. Don't judge me!
I'm sorry. I can't help but laugh.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by alotofgrace(m): 2:58pm On Aug 06, 2014
how i wish naija medical team can put these whites to shame.

the way i see it we can be capable. just this issue root of all e-vu
Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by Nobody: 2:59pm On Aug 06, 2014
It's about time.
Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by Nobody: 2:59pm On Aug 06, 2014
hensben: shey una wey dey talk say who be america, america want to steal from us bla bla bla, shey una eye don clear now

I'm just waiting to see what cóck-and-bull they come up with next.

Someone already came up with "the gay conspiracy"

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by Danhumprey: 2:59pm On Aug 06, 2014
philtex: ThanK God..!!!

but When IGBO pEoplE Go Get Sense

5 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by roufy235(m): 3:01pm On Aug 06, 2014
okay
Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by Abimloaded(m): 3:01pm On Aug 06, 2014
NewNigeriaMind:

Blame your government for spending more on amnesty than on education and research.

What about those foreigners we are depending on ? their government sponsored them all ?
Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by iJAY1: 3:04pm On Aug 06, 2014
moscobabs: When SARS (Severe acute respiratory syndrome) broke out between November 2002 and July 2003, we saw how the authorities of China and Hong Kong managed the whole situation. They did not blame anybody, they just went to work and were successful in containing it even though it claimed 775 lives and affected over 8,000 people. Their governments funded their local scientists and worked with scientists all over the world. When the bird (avian) influenza also broke out, we saw how the various nations reacted, no one blamed anybody.

When MERS (Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus) broke out in Saudi Arabia affecting Qatar, Malaysia, Egypt, the United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Oman, Algeria, Bangladesh, the Philippines, the United Kingdom, and the United States, all the various governments worked together to battle the resistant strain and no one blamed anyone until the situation was brought under control. When polio vaccine was brought to Nigeria, Nigerians were blaming the West. When ebola broke out in Nigeria, Nigerians are blaming the West. I think we should also blame the West for our lack of electricity, or what do you think? Since it is the West that has been voting for and electing our leaders since 1999.

Are people not aware of the fact that from the beginning of time, epidemics and pandemics of diseases have always been with us? I just wonder why some people keep saying this is the end times...lol! Diseases and outbreaks have been with humanity right from day one. My hand is paining me, I've been typing since morning, who do you think I should blame?

well said but we don't have the luxury of time to do that. people are dying, damn it!

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by Emrey: 3:04pm On Aug 06, 2014
F naija dey beg dem for drugs wetin make country like liberia n sieraleon,,,do?

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by Nobody: 3:05pm On Aug 06, 2014
Gentleman we are not depending on the west,... Whenever there is an outbreak of disease anywhere in this world all human race puts hands together to combat it, it's not a matter of dependency.... If they have a serum that treats it then I see no reason why we shouldn't reach out to them....

What's the essence of studying Pharmacy if they can't make research to cure for some ailments ?

We are only an Independent Country on paper but when it comes to finding a solution to any problem we are facing we are DEPENDENT on the foreign countries.

Boko Haram, we seeked for International help when the Chibok girls were abducted & here we are again seeking for help from the United States.

Its high time we stopped this dependence & prove the useless Independence we claim we have obtained since 1960!!
Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by GeneralShepherd(m): 3:05pm On Aug 06, 2014
Africans begging since 1800!!!

After over 50 years of independence, we can't boast of electricity let alone a decent university.

Shame on us

8 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by newacca: 3:05pm On Aug 06, 2014
They will have a cure for it, cos they invented it and discredited the would be cure discovered here: bitter kola.
They will secretly work on it and sell it to us again.

Let's fund and develop our research institutes, we've got brains. Let's extend our research to traditional ways too.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by UrbanMystique: 3:06pm On Aug 06, 2014

Nigerian pharmacists are in Church and mosque begging god to come and cure people cheesy
grin

7 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by Nobody: 3:06pm On Aug 06, 2014
I wish I could give you a billion likes

3 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by UrbanMystique: 3:06pm On Aug 06, 2014
NewNigeriaMind:

good point.
Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by alaladakosta(f): 3:07pm On Aug 06, 2014
MissMeiya: Waiting to see the comments in this thread. This should be GOOD.

alaladakosta, here is Michael Jackson and his popcorn
[img]http://media./media/ftXvsSyRzKXXG/giphy.gif[/img]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

UK Suspends Nigerian Nurse Over Dishonesty, May Strike Name Off Register / Ondo Church Attack: Blood Donors Needed At Federal Medical Centre Owo / Penile Erection Beyond 30 Minutes Is Harmful To Men - Expert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.