Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,796 members, 7,810,074 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:05 PM

Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee (29363 Views)

Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide / What If The Experimental Drug Zmapp Turns People To Zombies? / NMA President Resigns!!!!!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by canalily(m): 3:33pm On Aug 06, 2014
....biko nunu ndi U.S.A, pls ngwa nyere nu anyi aka...ego ole obula unu kpebiri, GEJ na DEE ONYEBUCHI ga-akwu ya...instead make una come buy the last drop of oil we have, DEIZIANI will agree to sale... But help niaja get the ZMAP SECRET SERUM
Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by BodyKiss(m): 3:35pm On Aug 06, 2014
alotofgrace: how i wish naija medical team can put these whites to shame.

the way i see it we can be capable. just this issue root of all e-vu

Keep wishing. It doesn't happen by wishful thinking.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by brixton: 3:35pm On Aug 06, 2014
sasview:

Not entire west, entire Nigeria.

I was referring to d western world.
Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by BodyKiss(m): 3:36pm On Aug 06, 2014
MissMeiya:

I'm just waiting to see what cóck-and-bull they come up with next.

Someone already came up with "the gay conspiracy"

lol
Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by Obalende: 3:37pm On Aug 06, 2014
Everyone blaming govt GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS ARE NIGERIANS

so Nigerians are the problem. We have a retrogressive mentality. The truth is bitter.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by CarmelloANGEL(m): 3:38pm On Aug 06, 2014
Nairalane: In Jesus, the deadly disease will not come near you. Once again, accept Him Biblically
am a xtain & i blieve in God. & i pray d virus dsnt com near me or my family/luvd ones.. Bt i knw God aint no magician. We Africans nid 2 do more & nt call God 2 evrytin afterall we ar nt even half as holy as d west. They still take proactive measures & use dia God given potentials 2 make life beta 4 evryone

9 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by Blockus: 3:40pm On Aug 06, 2014
Amhappy: YES. You no read the post? Some people were assigned to find a cure.

[img]http://media./media/AAgo00QZ2nmww/giphy.gif[/img]

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by Blockus: 3:40pm On Aug 06, 2014
CarmelloANGEL: am a xtain & i blieve in God. & i pray d virus dsnt com near me or my family/luvd ones.. Bt i knw God aint no magician. We Africans nid 2 do more & nt call God 2 evrytin

Ehn think say cure Ebola is as simple as Changing Water to Wine. grin
Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by 50calibre(m): 3:42pm On Aug 06, 2014
Nairalane: The West and The rest of Us. The world is gradually winding to an end. In this end time, the best solution is just to stick to God. He will provide a Goshen for His people in this evil world. Accept Jesus Today.

Dunce!! Africa is filled with your type, that's why it's remained backward and primitive. Africa is powerless to fight its epidemic so they are are at the mercy of the west.

Medical experts around the world are putting heads together to tackle your disease, while you sit down and hope on God, awaiting world's end. You are a fo*l and for Africa to reach its potential it has to get rid of fo*ls like you.

I hope you contract Ebola so you can die off quickly.

6 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by Lucasbalo(m): 3:44pm On Aug 06, 2014
That's the right move and I hope US will responds affirmatively. By the way, where are the brain stems talking about the stupid fake holy water to cure Ebola from TB Joshua ?.
Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by Nobody: 3:48pm On Aug 06, 2014
America should just adopt us...that way we'll have the legal right to cry to them whenever we burn our fingers.

4 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by CarmelloANGEL(m): 3:49pm On Aug 06, 2014
50calibre:

Dunce!! Africa is filled with your type, that's why it's remained backward and primitive. Africa is powerless to fight its epidemic so they are are at the mercy of the west.

Medical experts around the world are putting heads together to tackle your disease, while you sit down and hope on God, awaiting world's end. You are a fo*l and for Africa to reach its potential it has to get rid of fo*ls like you.

The same tin am tryn a tell d guy. We nid 2 do more in dz part of d world & nt jst blieve in amassing wealth & marrying many wives, & wen problems & diseases come, we pray 2 God.
Bt i do not wish he has d virus o...my hand no dey dat one o

3 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by Lucasbalo(m): 3:50pm On Aug 06, 2014
GeneralShepherd: Africans begging since 1800!!!

After over 50 years of independence, we can't boast of electricity let alone a decent university.

Shame on us
Gbam.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by Abbey2sam(m): 3:57pm On Aug 06, 2014
MissMeiya:

I was just saying this to my father this morning. It's so embarrassing.

photo of you saying that to your father or you're a liar

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by Onyocha: 4:01pm On Aug 06, 2014
so would this ebola cure be what the US would use to make Nigeria and other countries in Africa that criminalized homosexuality to rescind their laws?

so if it comes to decriminalizing homosexuality and getting the cure, or criminalizing homosexuality and dying of ebola, which would you go for? please your sincere answers.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by Amhappy(f): 4:01pm On Aug 06, 2014
@ Blockus an extract from the post,even though i know you were just finding a way to make mockery of a serious issue.

'The minister added that he has confidence in the committee of medical and health experts constituted by the government to develop a drug for the treatment of the virus.'
Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 06, 2014
See them: "USA! USA!!! Help us! Help us!!! We're dullards, and we vote such into power!!! We're not as intelligent as you think. We're just really good at corruption, and fighting over pointless things. Please sell ZMapp to us so we can save it for the rich and ignore the rest, please."

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by Nobody: 4:08pm On Aug 06, 2014
rickkid: Maurice Iwu's research from 1999 on Ebola was deliberately discontinued by the American university after he made a breakthrough.
Who wants to bet money that they took his work (under their copyright, he has no access to it), completed it and now are taking credit for it. Their govt and pharmaceutical industry will now sell Dr Iwu's work back to Nigeria for millions of dollars and we will thank them for being such Generous White Scientific Geniuses!
I don't even blame them. Na our own uselessness cause am. The world isn't kind to mugus. Had it been Nigeria had provided funding and support through a proper university system for Dr Iwu and his likes, perhaps now it could be Nigeria charging other countries millions (billions?) for a drug developed here.
Instead, we allowed them to use the brain of a Nigerian to make the breakthrough, then they carried out the 'controlled testing' at Kenema hospital in Liberia using hundreds of Africans as worthless guinea pigs, then triumphantly broadcasted to the world that a "secret serum" "stored at subzero temperature" was "flown in from the US".
The pharmaceutical company behind this has already started counting millions as its share price rose 40% on the stock market yesterday alone.
As usual, they have created a problem and manufactured a solution and they are licking their lips as they prepare to sell it to us.
The poor African countries which cant afford it will then be given loans to enable them buy it - loans secured on national assets and resources. And the cycle starts again.
AFRICA, WHEN WILL YOU STOP BEING THE WORLD'S DUNC£?!
You are among the ignorant Nigerians. I can now see why that country cannot progress. People like you are one of the reasons.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by Nobody: 4:11pm On Aug 06, 2014
Obalende: Everyone blaming govt GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS ARE NIGERIANS

so Nigerians are the problem. We have a retrogressive mentality. The truth is bitter.
The government is to blame for failing to take a proactive measure when the Ebola virus is killing people in Guinea.
Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by Nobody: 4:13pm On Aug 06, 2014
all4naija: You are among the ignorant Nigerians. I can now see why that country cannot progress. People like you are one of the reasons.
Will you please stop quoting me you half breed son of an inbred cow? I don't interact with the likes of you.
Thanks.
Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by Nobody: 4:15pm On Aug 06, 2014
rickkid: Will you please stop quoting me you half breed son of an inbred cow? I don't interact with the likes of you.
Thanks.
What are you talking about? You DICK!

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by overhypedsteve(m): 4:16pm On Aug 06, 2014
Afrocatalyst: Please America, don't say No.

What can we give to you that you don't have? You have an alternative for oil now, you have intelligence,you have power,you have wealth, you have population, you have land, you have good health system, you have the poor and the rich, you also have pervs and straights. In fact,you have good and bad.

You have it all,there's nothing we can offer you except to bring the ones we've stolen to squander in ur country in the name of America-Africa summit. We also can come and buy houses in ur place,thereby pouring water into an ocean. We also can offer to be ur slave,do all ur dirty works in the name of immigrants as we've been doing since time immemorial. We also can volunteer to give you our best minds so you can use to develop medicines and technology to save our poor a.sses.

We can't say more than... PLEASEE HELP US!!!

Btw.. No more going to Yaba for me. Pls,this isn't child's play,it's a matter of life and death. And I need to stay alive for my kids and also ensure they inherit a safe place. Don't judge me!
they will neva say no, thy will only tell you that the drug is still being tested and cannot be released to the public as a decisive cure.
Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by Blockus: 4:16pm On Aug 06, 2014
Amhappy: @ Blockus an extract from the post,even though i know you were just finding a way to make mockery of a serious issue.

'The minister added that he has confidence in the committee of medical and health experts constituted by the government to develop a drug for the treatment of the virus.'

[b]Madam...

You must think that researching the cure for a Virus is as simple as making Paracetamol. grin

This disease is not new.. grin
Whatever experts you think Nigeria has, I DOUBT AND INFACT CAN PLACE A BET ON IT THAT THEY CANNOT FIND A CURE ANYTIME IN THE NEXT 5 - 10 YEARS. No vex, but I no be pikin wey dem fit tell that kind bullshit. angry

The research into a cure for a VIRUS (Emphasis on VIRUS) has been on for years.. Thats why many Viral sicknesses still dont have a cure.. Example:: The H5N1 Virus (Avian Flu or better yet SARS).. Still has no Cure. Another one is Herpes.. Also no cure.. Another one is HIV, Still no cure.. Another is Polio, Also No cure. Measles (which you have heard of), has a Vaccine but NO CURE.. e.t.c. Mind you, Vaccines are not cures but rather preventative.

So Madam, If you want to believe that a Government that cant build enough healthcare hospitals, that cant pay its doctors well and on time, that barely funds its universities (so I wonder how or who would be pioneering the research), that cant provide BASIC (Emphasis on BASIC) healthcare for its citizens would be able to jump in and find a cure for a VIRUS in a short time, grin

Then you must be a Believer and your Church must be Believers Ministries.. grin

And No I wasnt trying to make a Mockery of a serious situation, the Health Minister just made a Mockery of himself and the Nation on print media.
[/b]

5 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by zurine(f): 4:16pm On Aug 06, 2014
there most be a way out
Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by Blockus: 4:18pm On Aug 06, 2014
all4naija: You are among the ignorant Nigerians. I can now see why that country cannot progress. People like you are one of the reasons.

Not this cretin again.
Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by Nobody: 4:21pm On Aug 06, 2014
50calibre:

I hope you contract Ebola so you can die off quickly.
I rarely agree with you. But you are spot on in this.

I wish we could round up people like this, maybe with some kind of fake pilgrimage and kill them off so they can't indoctrinate any more generations of uselessness.

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by Nobody: 4:21pm On Aug 06, 2014
Blockus:

Not this cretin again.
I just yanked my hands into my pockets because I don't want you to infect me with your disease! I don't give attention to fools like you.
Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by Blockus: 4:24pm On Aug 06, 2014
all4naija: I just yanked my hands into my pockets because I don't want you to infect me with your disease! I don't give attention to fools like you.

I would have thought that this Ebola was Gods way of killing off reetards like you.. angry BUt I guess the Gods are still crazy.

Bloody HalfBreed Imp.

STupidass Anchor Baby with no Identity always feeling like he is better than Africans simply because one of his Parents fhucked and married a Foreigner in exchange for a 6 weeks Fhucking Tourist Visa. angry
Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by alotofgrace(m): 4:24pm On Aug 06, 2014
BodyKiss:

Keep wishing. It doesn't happen by wishful thinking.

not a wish....a remedy
Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by TOPCRUISE(m): 4:26pm On Aug 06, 2014
Na only us. We reach out to them concerning boko haram wahala, we now reach out to them concerning dis yeye ebola
Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by anytexy: 4:28pm On Aug 06, 2014
ejifranks: Time for america to give Nigeria one condition- "Change ur gay right laws or no vaccine". lipsrsealed
Kai menini! why you take am from my mouth? O di kwa very risky ooo!
Re: Ebola: Nigeria Reaches Out To U.S. For Experimental Drug; NMA Sets Up Committee by Nobody: 4:29pm On Aug 06, 2014
MissMeiya:
I rarely agree with you. But you are spot on in this.

I wish we could round up people like this, maybe with some kind of fake pilgrimage and kill them off so they can't indoctrinate any more generations of uselessness.
I think it is time to start curling Nigerians who are not productive but contributing problems to the society. Like the individual the previous person talked about in his post. Of what use are they to the society when the failed to learn and become nuisances? That is the most annoying thing. They feel they know better and are on the right track in their ignorance. Jeez!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Certified Fitness Instructor And Nutritionist In The House / 6 Provoking Ways You Are Endangering Your Health / WHO Welcomes The Use Of Dexamethasone In Treating Critically COVID-19 Patients

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.