Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,490 members, 7,823,146 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

Ebola Scare In Imo State (bath Salt Water) - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebola Scare In Imo State (bath Salt Water) (32694 Views)

Before You Continue To Drink The Rumoured Salt & Water Ebola Cure - READ This.. / Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State / Do Salt-Water Solutions Prevent Pregnancy? Pls I Need Views (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebola Scare In Imo State (bath Salt Water) by GSKing: 8:09am On Aug 08, 2014
Add salt to hot water! What else? Rice? Beef? Olive oil? Yo, you cooking or bathing? angry

2 Likes

Re: Ebola Scare In Imo State (bath Salt Water) by Nobody: 8:09am On Aug 08, 2014
GSKing:

So fvcking annoying! 8 calls and counting! I'm so ashamed to be African!

LMAO! 8 calls??

Whatever happened to all our world-class pastors sef. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ebola Scare In Imo State (bath Salt Water) by sloo1: 8:10am On Aug 08, 2014
By Dr. Ben Kim
Re: Ebola Scare In Imo State (bath Salt Water) by jide001(m): 8:12am On Aug 08, 2014
@0800326524357:::@ information published and report that bath with salt and warm water have no effect on ebola virus I don't think that's correct because medically salt water can be used to wash infections on the skin to kills surrounding viruses found on the skin. Though that's not a claim for prevention of ebola but my advise is that we should do as it does not cost anything if we do. If you never tried na lie u may not really know if it is true at the moment. The lord keep usfrom this deadly virus.
Re: Ebola Scare In Imo State (bath Salt Water) by GSKing: 8:14am On Aug 08, 2014
masonkz:

LMAO! 8 calls??

Whatever happened to all our world-class pastors sef. grin grin

My bro was the 6th caller, was calm with him and told him to do whatever he likes with the soup ingredients, but my mamma called!!! she was the 8th caller, was so mad at her (she's a pastor), she kept telling me salt, salt, salt, then I told her "yo momma, I don't believe that, I'm not better than those dead victims, if I die then I die, stop (fvcking) disturbing my sleep!"

5 Likes

Re: Ebola Scare In Imo State (bath Salt Water) by Lordseyad(m): 8:16am On Aug 08, 2014
lol,,, na Mass bathing this morning---- Salt sellers How market?
Re: Ebola Scare In Imo State (bath Salt Water) by SmileyEvents: 8:20am On Aug 08, 2014
Natasha2:
Yeah right bet you're feeling smart and all that ish? ITK " I said it with a good mind"
....Lwkmd! Its nt abt feeling smart....its abt bin adequately informed! Go ask ur doc if salt n water can cure ebola...lol
Re: Ebola Scare In Imo State (bath Salt Water) by blacktooth: 8:24am On Aug 08, 2014
E be like say I go begin dey sell salt now, cos before u knw, all dese salt sellers go be like "no more #50 salt, its now #5000", iyo ti won. Bahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

1 Like

Re: Ebola Scare In Imo State (bath Salt Water) by GSKing: 8:24am On Aug 08, 2014
Oh! I just heard you're supposed to bath with salt WITHOUT SOAP shocked shocked shocked

I even heard you should add pepper grin

*pepper soup things on point*

4 Likes

Re: Ebola Scare In Imo State (bath Salt Water) by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 8:28am On Aug 08, 2014
This just came in from my wife this morning....
Am so scared right now

Re: Ebola Scare In Imo State (bath Salt Water) by RebelLeader15(m): 8:30am On Aug 08, 2014
Lol, so quick

2 Likes

Re: Ebola Scare In Imo State (bath Salt Water) by Missmossy(f): 8:32am On Aug 08, 2014
Haven't heard that here in Lag though,God will help us all.
Re: Ebola Scare In Imo State (bath Salt Water) by Iamhephzibah(f): 8:34am On Aug 08, 2014
Some salt producer sumwhr (or evn seller) jas got smart undecided
Re: Ebola Scare In Imo State (bath Salt Water) by RebelLeader15(m): 8:36am On Aug 08, 2014
Ebostic

Re: Ebola Scare In Imo State (bath Salt Water) by jjfuma: 8:42am On Aug 08, 2014
Re: Ebola Scare In Imo State (bath Salt Water) by nickz(m): 8:43am On Aug 08, 2014
RebelLeader15: Ebostic
bwhahahahhahaaha. photo edit guru's i hail thee!!gringrin
Re: Ebola Scare In Imo State (bath Salt Water) by inecnig: 8:46am On Aug 08, 2014
Job offer for all Nigerians that can read and write irrespective of your qualifications.
contact us via email at INEC@worker.com with your application or CV for details.
Re: Ebola Scare In Imo State (bath Salt Water) by priscaoge(f): 8:46am On Aug 08, 2014
And u guys forgot to add Cameroon pepper to the water Ignorance @ It's peak undecided
Re: Ebola Scare In Imo State (bath Salt Water) by RebelLeader15(m): 8:53am On Aug 08, 2014
nickz: bwhahahahhahaaha. photo edit guru's i hail thee!!gringrin
that's why we are Nigerians
Re: Ebola Scare In Imo State (bath Salt Water) by Zaikon(m): 8:55am On Aug 08, 2014
nanazeez: Its d same case here in my school at zamfara, u just have to see the pandemonium in hostels and in the town. Personally I see no sense in bathing with salty warm water in order to prevent infection by a virus as deadly as d ebola virus.
THE FEAR OF EBOLA IS THE BEGINNING OF LIFE.
nanazeez I dnt wanna quote u but I just have to...."Personally I see no sense in bathing with salty warm water in order to prevent infection by a virus." but u will see sense in news of citizens hooked by EBOLA...but I fink that's your own personal opinion nd it lim aproches your heart
Re: Ebola Scare In Imo State (bath Salt Water) by Dreyl(m): 8:56am On Aug 08, 2014
tellwisdom: Who is ebola??..where does he work?? sad
he's your Boss na
Re: Ebola Scare In Imo State (bath Salt Water) by Amule5000us(m): 9:07am On Aug 08, 2014
Weting be dis one dis morning

Na wa oooo,..nigerians,..can't laff,.. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ebola Scare In Imo State (bath Salt Water) by 1Dray(m): 9:14am On Aug 08, 2014
nanazeez: Its d same case here in my school at zamfara, u just have to see the pandemonium in hostels and in the town. Personally I see no sense in bathing with salty warm water in order to prevent infection by a virus as deadly as d ebola virus.
THE FEAR OF EBOLA IS THE BEGINNING OF LIFE.

Are you of Kaura Namoda Poly?
Re: Ebola Scare In Imo State (bath Salt Water) by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:20am On Aug 08, 2014
GSKing: Oh! I just heard you're supposed to bath with salt WITHOUT SOAP shocked shocked shocked

I even heard you should add pepper grin

*pepper soup things on point*
I volunteer to bring two medium sized goat heads
grin
Re: Ebola Scare In Imo State (bath Salt Water) by TutorVISTA(m): 9:24am On Aug 08, 2014
Ebola virus can in no way be prevented by bathing with salty water.

Radio Nigeria phoned a doctor and he confirmed the story we all heard as RUMOUR.
Re: Ebola Scare In Imo State (bath Salt Water) by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:24am On Aug 08, 2014
RebelLeader15: Lol, so quick
Even u sef?
grin

Hee hee hee
"APC contracted Patrick Sawyer to bring Ebola into Nigeria" - Reuben Abati
Re: Ebola Scare In Imo State (bath Salt Water) by onegig(m): 9:36am On Aug 08, 2014
rexbuton: someone just called me too ooo.. Though I'm a scientist and I see no scientific basis, I'd rather be safe than sorry! Wey the salt sef
You are not a scientist. You are an educated illiterate. Something is called a virus and you believe salt water would prevent it?

In your journey as a scientist you should have learnt how viruses work.

@op. All these educated illiterate people we have in this country is why the black man can never move forward. To process a simple information is big issues. Viruses are microscopic organisms that attach themselves to the cells of a living body. They are not worms that their growth can be impeded by salt solutions. Neither are they anti virals. If saline solutions work then no one should have cold and cattarrh which are viral infections again as your body already contains a considerable amount of saline. Even the saltiest water body the Dead sea has bacteria and algae flourishing in it.

Get your facts right and stop spreading rumours please. It's very annoying.

1 Like

Re: Ebola Scare In Imo State (bath Salt Water) by tabletgirl: 9:37am On Aug 08, 2014
Have you seen the thread where a girl confessed to starting this rumour yesterday evening? If i find it again, i will post it here. Check Trending topics. She posted it herself on Nairaland. She apologised and said it was a joke that she didnt mean it to get this far. She started it by sending a broadcast to her bbm contacts saying the info was from Ministry of Health. She says people have even added to the original broadcast and are rebroadcasting it.

1 Like

Re: Ebola Scare In Imo State (bath Salt Water) by GSKing: 9:39am On Aug 08, 2014
MichaelSokoto:
I volunteer to bring two medium sized goat heads
grin

Lol, I bought firewood already! Its going to be a party!!! grin

3 Likes

Re: Ebola Scare In Imo State (bath Salt Water) by GSKing: 9:40am On Aug 08, 2014
tabletgirl: Have you seen the thread where a girl confessed to starting this rumour yesterday evening? If i find it again, i will post it here. Check Trending topics. She posted it herself on Nairaland. She apologised and said it was a joke that she didnt mean it to get this far. She started it by sending a broadcast to her bbm contacts saying the info was from Ministry of Health. She says people have even added to the original broadcast and are rebroadcasting it.
Re: Ebola Scare In Imo State (bath Salt Water) by tabletgirl: 9:54am On Aug 08, 2014
PLEASE, WHAT CAMP O !!!

EMEKA1MILLION: This just came in from my wife this morning....
Am so scared right now
Re: Ebola Scare In Imo State (bath Salt Water) by bellong: 9:54am On Aug 08, 2014
onegig: You are not a scientist. You are an educated illiterate. Something is called a virus and you believe salt water would prevent it?

In your journey as a scientist you should have learnt how viruses work.

@op. All these educated illiterate people we have in this country is why the black man can never move forward. To process a simple information is big issues. Viruses are microscopic organisms that attach themselves to the cells of a living body. They are not worms that their growth can be impeded by salt solutions. Neither are they anti virals. If saline solutions work then no one should have cold and cattarrh which are viral infections again as your body already contains a considerable amount of saline. Even the saltiest water body the Dead sea has bacteria and algae flourishing in it.

Get your facts right and stop spreading rumours please. It's very annoying.

The question I asked when I was told of the salt bath is what is in the Sodium Chloride solution that will kill a virus?

Well, the bible says "Afflictions make a wise man mad". Fear has the power of blocking every avenue of reasoning for those governed by it.

Simple and basic hygienic culture is enough as a precautionary measure.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October / Profiling Nigerians Who Died Of COVID-19 Disease / Impact Of Masturbation On Fertility

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.