Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,576 members, 7,823,505 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

Ebola Scare In Imo State (bath Salt Water) - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebola Scare In Imo State (bath Salt Water) (32695 Views)

Before You Continue To Drink The Rumoured Salt & Water Ebola Cure - READ This.. / Ebola Scare In Anambra After A Corpse Was Brought From Liberia To The State / Do Salt-Water Solutions Prevent Pregnancy? Pls I Need Views (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebola Scare In Imo State (bath Salt Water) by Superstar007(m): 9:57am On Aug 08, 2014
People sabi spread rumours for naija
ehn. First it was chewing of Kolanut,
this time na to bath with salty water. I wonder where all these scientist dey
comot from.

The fear of this ebola fit
come kill people pass the virus sef.
Ignorance is very terrible disease,
next thing dem go say make people
bath with pepper and people go follow do.
Re: Ebola Scare In Imo State (bath Salt Water) by TutorVISTA(m): 10:08am On Aug 08, 2014
anytaij: Na. Wa oooooo which kind wahala be dis one sef 9ja ooooooo if na air borne na die oooo. God help Us all oo

Ebola virus is not air-borne. It spreads
through contact with...
1. BLOOD
2. SWEAT
3. SALIVA
4. SEMEN
5. URINE
Of an infected person.
Re: Ebola Scare In Imo State (bath Salt Water) by onegig(m): 10:13am On Aug 08, 2014
bellong:

The question I asked when I was told of the salt bath is what is in the Sodium Chloride solution that will kill a virus?

Well, the bible says "Afflictions make a wise man mad". Fear has the power of blocking every avenue of reasoning for those governed by it.

Simple and basic hygienic culture is enough as a precautionary measure.
What's even more appaling is that people are drinking the bath water. Can you imagine that? Thereby exposing themselve to the risks of catching more infections.
Re: Ebola Scare In Imo State (bath Salt Water) by onegig(m): 10:17am On Aug 08, 2014
TutorVISTA:

through contact with...
1. BLOOD
2. SWEAT
3. SALIVA
4. SEMEN
5. URINE
Of an infected person.
New research shows it can be air borne i.e transmitted from an infected subject if in a closed area. Although it is not yet confirmed in humans but confirmed and demonstrated in the transmission between monkeys and pigs in a closed pen.
Re: Ebola Scare In Imo State (bath Salt Water) by Gjokekid: 10:28am On Aug 08, 2014
grin[b][/b] Na wa oooh I can never follow this rubbish msg hot water +bitter kola now its now hot water + salt the next one am seeing now its Hot water,Salt,Ahakan(for making owo) and alum
Re: Ebola Scare In Imo State (bath Salt Water) by nanazeez(f): 10:47am On Aug 08, 2014
Zaikon: nanazeez I dnt wanna quote u but I just have to...."Personally I see no sense in bathing with salty warm water in order to prevent infection by a virus." but u will see sense in news of citizens hooked by EBOLA...but I fink that's your own personal opinion nd it lim aproches your heart
Zaikon. Its really amazing how some people think,since u knw its a personal opinion, y not state urs and let mine be. Every one is entitled to his/her own opinion
Re: Ebola Scare In Imo State (bath Salt Water) by nanazeez(f): 10:49am On Aug 08, 2014
1Dray:

Are you of Kaura Namoda Poly?
Yes
Re: Ebola Scare In Imo State (bath Salt Water) by DrMalik(m): 10:56am On Aug 08, 2014
WHY WE SHOULDN'T ENCOURAGE SALT-DRINKING AND SALT-BATHING FOR EBOLA VIRAL DISEASE PREVENTION!

By Dr. 'Malik Haruna King

#1: IT IS DECEPTIVE: Just like eating bitter-kola for cure, drinking warm salty water (or bathing with same at night) has absolutely no proven scientific or medical basis or evidence for prevention of EVD. Truth is bitter but it's healthier than salty lies and false hope!

#2: IT IS DISTRACTING: This would distract from the momentum we are trying to create for the effective way of preventing the spread of this deadly virus. Some people might become careless and lessen their commitment to personal hygiene and environmental sanitation!

#3: IT IS DANGEROUS: Salt is powerful--it can kill! That's why for ORT (for diarrhea treatment), we tell you the exact amount of salt and sugar to put in a clearly specified amount of water! Careless drinking and bathing with salt-water, especially if done repeatedly, is NOT advisable. It also raises the blood pressure and affect the skin.

#4: IT IS DISTURBING: I know of countries that have never had a single incidence of "Ebola", but have invested millions of dollars in research, gotten possible vaccines and drugs, done trials in animals (with success ), and have everything ready in case this virus enters their country! People are dying in Nigeria; see what we (including our graduates and scientists) are believing and broadcasting!

Ebola virus disease is NOT (and has not become) airborne! Spread is by physical contact.
Re: Ebola Scare In Imo State (bath Salt Water) by 1Dray(m): 11:11am On Aug 08, 2014
nanazeez:
Yes

OK. I thought as much... My first missed call this morning came from there.
Re: Ebola Scare In Imo State (bath Salt Water) by jpaul5: 11:18am On Aug 08, 2014
The message is a lie! I just seen the notice on TB Joshua’s official Facebook page disclaiming the text message.

Re: Ebola Scare In Imo State (bath Salt Water) by jpaul5: 11:22am On Aug 08, 2014
The message is a lie! I just seen the notice on TB Joshua’s official Facebook page disclaiming the text message. These foolish rumours don’t help anybody.

Re: Ebola Scare In Imo State (bath Salt Water) by deanoffaculty: 12:37pm On Aug 08, 2014
NIGERIANS👪 VS EBOLA👹!

Nigerians and fear of EBOLA VIRUS is the beginning of salt and water.
Is this another chemistry laboratory pratical session or what? 80% of Nigerians have even contacted it through fear before the virus get to them. We fear EBOLA even more then God. Haba!!!
SARS,BIRD FLU,etc came and gone and God helped us that everything just faded off............God is able to do it again!!!
Haba Nigerians!
I have got calls in the early hours of
the morning...suddenly rumours
flying around for people to take their
bath with salt in the water and to
drink some! Haba!!
They premise it on worms dying by
coming in contact with salt!
EBOLA IS A VIRUS AND NOT A WORM
AND DRINKING SALT WILL NOT AND
CANNOT PREVENT INFECTION!!
WASH HANDS AFTER EVERY OUTING
WITH SOAP AND WATER!! AVOID
TOUCHING VERY SICK PEOPLE WITH
YOUR BARE HANDS, IF POSSIBLE USE
LATEX GLOVES FOR THE VERY SICK!!!
SPREAD BEST PRACTICES NOT FEAR!!!
Re: Ebola Scare In Imo State (bath Salt Water) by RebelLeader15(m): 12:40pm On Aug 08, 2014
MichaelSokoto:
Even u sef?
grin

Hee hee hee
"APC contracted Patrick Sawyer to bring Ebola into Nigeria" - Reuben Abati
Kabiru Sokoto you don start abi

Anyway

I am waiting patiently and looking forward to here from Chief Lier Muhamed
Re: Ebola Scare In Imo State (bath Salt Water) by joshua2014: 12:55pm On Aug 08, 2014
Ebola,hiv/aids, boko haram,birds flu etc are d beginning of. Sorrows run to Jesus b4 its tuu la8 mat 24 vs 7 --9 more deadly incident are on d way
If salt and hot watter is solution to Ebola what is d solution to boko haram , solution to hiv
Wen d world is multiplying in sin and immorality, no noise , no global solution to stop it honosexuality, lebianisim, bisexual, murderer , coruption of all grade religion , falacy and false profect
Jesis is the way the truth and the life no one come to him but by mi
God bless u
Re: Ebola Scare In Imo State (bath Salt Water) by MichaelSokoto(m): 1:02pm On Aug 08, 2014
RebelLeader15:
Kabiru Sokoto you don start abi

Anyway

I am waiting patiently and looking forward to here from Chief Lier Muhamed
And an appropriate response will be duly communicated 2 u.

Hee hee hee grin

Nigeria experiencing badluck since 2009
Re: Ebola Scare In Imo State (bath Salt Water) by RebelLeader15(m): 2:59pm On Aug 08, 2014
MichaelSokoto:
And an appropriate response will be duly communicated 2 u.

Hee hee hee grin

Nigeria experiencing badluck since 2009
I know you are 1 of those APC (Agberos and Public Criminals) tool I have as friend, anyway, we can still pardon you to be part of the Goodluck party, embrace PDP and join the winning and largest party in Africa

1 Like

Re: Ebola Scare In Imo State (bath Salt Water) by MichaelSokoto(m): 3:23pm On Aug 08, 2014
RebelLeader15:
I know you are 1 of those APC (Agberos and Public Criminals) tool I have as friend, anyway, we can still pardon you to be part of the Goodluck party, embrace PDP and join the winning and largest party in Africa
Over my chicken's dead body!
Re: Ebola Scare In Imo State (bath Salt Water) by TutorVISTA(m): 6:43pm On Aug 08, 2014
onegig: New research shows it can be air borne i.e transmitted from an infected subject if in a closed area. Although it is not yet confirmed in humans but confirmed and demonstrated in the transmission between monkeys and pigs in a closed pen.

At least it's still in the experimental stage. Not yet confirmed. For i know, it is still not widely known to be air-borne yet.
Re: Ebola Scare In Imo State (bath Salt Water) by anytaij: 7:03pm On Aug 08, 2014
TutorVISTA:

through contact with...
1. BLOOD
2. SWEAT
3. SALIVA
4. SEMEN
5. URINE
Of an infected person.
My dear I know buh is just dis rumour abt it been on air dis morning dat peo shd bath with salt and water nau. 9ja I hail ooO
Re: Ebola Scare In Imo State (bath Salt Water) by asgodsaidyahoo: 7:05pm On Aug 08, 2014
TRUTH IS BITTER - READ THIS

EBOLA VIRUS is from God. So repent and be set free from this evil spirit of God. Salt, water, even and pepper cannot cure You, only GOD can save you. These evil spirit that work for God are the active forces of God “2 Chronicles 18 v 18-21 (NIV); Micaiah continued, “Therefore hear the word of the Lord: I saw the Lord sitting on his throne with all the multitudes of heaven standing on his right and on his left. 19 And the Lord said, ‘Who will entice Ahab king of Israel into attacking Ramoth Gilead and going to his death there?’ “One suggested this, and another that. 20 Finally, a spirit came forward, stood before the Lord and said, ‘I will entice him.’ “‘By what means?’ the Lord asked. 21 “‘I will go and be a deceiving spirit in the mouths of all his prophets,’ he said. “‘You will succeed in enticing him,’ said the Lord. ‘Go and do it.’
Even God had to plot coup against Ahab, an ordinary man, you also know now that He is involved in the fake prophecies of many men of God, not devil. Whatever happens to man, God is involved. What man does not expect from God is what the Bible just told us that God does. Who is man that God will spend time to plot coup against him, why not kill the man? But that is his way and his ways are not our ways.
ANYBODY GOD IS ANGRY WITH BECOMES HIS ENEMY. HE MADE THEM ALL AND CAUSED CONFUSION IN THE MIDST OF THEM

Read more on www.asgodsaid.org
Re: Ebola Scare In Imo State (bath Salt Water) by Natasha2(f): 7:50pm On Aug 08, 2014
SmileyEvents: ....Lwkmd! Its nt abt feeling smart....its abt bin adequately informed! Go ask ur doc if salt n water can cure ebola...lol
Its not about curing oh , its about having immunity grin grin chai I wish it was true grin

1 Like

Re: Ebola Scare In Imo State (bath Salt Water) by Zaikon(m): 10:47am On Aug 09, 2014
nanazeez:
Zaikon. Its really amazing how some people think,since u knw its a personal opinion, y not state urs and let mine be. Every one is entitled to his/her own opinion
no be fight Nahhh... But if you still feel like quoting this NL is kinda free...nanazeez ya gari ya kara2
Re: Ebola Scare In Imo State (bath Salt Water) by newspapers: 8:46am On Aug 13, 2014
Imagine, Lagosians are rushing to the Beach after warning that salt water does not cure Ebola - People are seen here http://www.divanaija.com.ng/ebola-virus-many-rush-take-salt-bath-lagos-beach/ trooping to the Beach, jumping into the water with their cloths on. Including the Lame and Bind. What is Nigeria turning to? We love rumors so much we could kill ourselves over it.

My prayer is this: Lord, let Obama release the cure before many go to their untimely grave.
Re: Ebola Scare In Imo State (bath Salt Water) by Syphonn(m): 3:05am On Nov 12, 2017
Myths And Truths About Epilepsy

1. A person can swallow the tongue during epilepsy attack.

It is physically impossible to swallow your own tongue.

2. You must force something in the mouth of someone who has an attack.

Absolutely not! That’s a good way to chill teeth, puncture the gums, be mordant or even break someone’s jaw. The correct first aid is simple.

READ MORE http://www.busygisting.com/myths-and-truths-you-should-know-about-epilepsy/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October / Profiling Nigerians Who Died Of COVID-19 Disease / Impact Of Masturbation On Fertility

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.