Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,001 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry - Health (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry (95416 Views)

I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax / Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Cure Rumour Comes Out, Tenders Apology / Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Andyblaze: 4:04pm On Aug 08, 2014
Razi1: bastard so na u make ma fada wake me up wit fone cal for 6am tel me say make i baf hot water with salt .u get luck say i no drink am.oluku like u.no be ur fault na joblessness cause am.mugu u mates d go school so dat dm fit help find cure for d ebola while u d school d fool around. With such xpensive joke if u get 3rd class later nw u go begin say na lecturer hate u.no go find beta tin do with ur time.retarded senegalese chimp.canter mawapukwagi mmiri otu gi.fool

Hmmm na exactly that time my papa wake me up too
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by DukeGeorge: 4:22pm On Aug 08, 2014
Now you guys are making this girl popular... cut out the trash and save it to find the cure.
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by garamah: 4:24pm On Aug 08, 2014
first of all those of you that are condemning salt on skin, from the natural school of medicine there is absolutely nothing wrong with salt except you have bastardized your organic and biological cells with unnatural, imported, foreign and artificial cells that react negatively with the natural and organic formation of your genetic configuration; reason is from my practical experiences I knew thousands of people that used 85% of their lifetime inside/on sea and they happened to lived an average of 95yrs without any medical or health issues( no stroke, hypertension, eyes, heart/kidney/liver diseases etc.People that lived natural lives lived longer and healthier than people that lived scientific lives.
Secondly, whoever that's responsible for whatever false information about a dreaded issue like Ebola are as devilish as the demon/satan. Shame on you, your mates are out there researching for solution and you busy joking about it. You're an advanced/technological/innovative fool of the highest order.

1 Like

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by kemoola: 4:27pm On Aug 08, 2014
Pls lets always think before playing pranks. There are jokes that are costly like this. I was surprised when u said u will insult anyone that insults u, my dear u should learn how to take responsibility. Whatever comes out of this your so called prank u should be ready to take the responsibility. Do you know that many pple's health is been threatened as a result of this careless joke? The last time someone tried to joke with moslems' prophet, can you imagine the no of lives dat were lost? Just pray that this does not cost any life and pls don't play pranks with serious issues again. Thanks
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Nobody: 4:31pm On Aug 08, 2014
And now U̶̲̥̅̊ r feeling like a superhero(if U̶̲̥̅̊ truly started dis) but on Τ̲̅ђǝ contrary from Τ̲̅ђǝ composition of Ūя̲̅ post n Ūя̲̅ comment U̶̲̥̅̊ dnt seems to have such a good sense of humour or IQ. No offence, U̶̲̥̅̊ seeking attention ba.

1 Like

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by africanrapper: 4:33pm On Aug 08, 2014
I did a search on the poster's identity and found out some amusing things/facts:

First of all, I don't know why this poster claims to have started the Salt Bath rumour. I'm tempted to believe the guys who say he is looking for cheap attention.

I discovered from his other account that this poster is MALE - and not FEMALE (as he wants us to believe).
His other account also had the emblem or insignia of his company - GEESAM and his real names (MUYIWA OLAGOKE) on it.
I checked him out on Facebook and found about 3 people with the same names, but when I narrowed down my search parameters, it got me a 'MUYIWA OLAGOKE' who is an indigene of Osogbo, but lives in Akure, studied at the Federal University of Technology Akure and operates a small-scale Business called GeeSam Renewable Energy Limited.

I just heard that some SSS operatives have arrested some girls at FUTA who go by name FUNKE and are currently on a man-hunt for one Adesewe, who claimed to have started the Salt Bath rumour.

His phone number (PhoneNumber:08064837161; BBM: 28C98F98 ; Email: geesamuyiwa@gmail.com) and other details are displayed on his Facebook account. Even downloaded some of his pics (should anything happen to those girls arrested today by the SSS operatives).

Personal Message to the OP:
Guy, I don't understand what you are doing, but I just heard that the SSS has arrested some girls named Funke this afternoon at Jibowu Hostel of FUTA. This your madness has got to stop.

#africanrapper

6 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by lilmiles: 4:38pm On Aug 08, 2014
undecided )[color=#990000][/color] na wa o
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Nobody: 4:42pm On Aug 08, 2014
Op be like

1 Like

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by jibsai(m): 4:45pm On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1: My confession and apology

This B!tch joined nairal july 29....not even up to a month ur trying publicity stunt here ehn? Seriously who gives a fuc if u started it ehn? I see no reason y u shd be here claiming to start a rumour and den apologising...makes no SENSE at all....ur a disgrace to ur family nd institution
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by slinkman(m): 4:46pm On Aug 08, 2014
trace this op and arrest the b.it.ch
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by kemzar: 4:46pm On Aug 08, 2014
Adesuwa or what is it u call urself,1st of all Ebola deadly disease which has alredy gone viral,isn't wot any1 shud joke wt,if sm1 close 2u had bn infectd I'm certain u wudn't mk a joke wt it...but den from d way u respond rudely to ppl's comments shows u'r just an attention seeker,I'm begining to think ur so-called appolgy is only a charade!be careful!
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Sirchino: 4:49pm On Aug 08, 2014
l was on transit, but had to stop and slept over in my bother's place cos of lateness in time. My disdain here is that, i was woken up early this morning by my brother's wife, who is a practicing medical lab scientist, with all the bluffs about the salt water thing. Worst of it all, she emphasized so much spirituality to it, from a supposed Prophet of God... And to my utmost disdain, she said the process is to be carried out within a fixed time limit... Aaaah aaah which kain story be dis one dis early mornin nah? A supposed lab scientist, prophet tell u say make u go bath with warm salty water and you will be prevented from EBOLA, she believed and even went on to spread the message....Nawooo!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Nobody: 4:50pm On Aug 08, 2014
My mum's people called her from omuo- ekiti as early as 5 am. They told her the same thing. She said the town crier made the announcement to the villagers. Imagine that. We even thought it was so called association of babalawos that spread it because ein those days salt was added to the water u use to bath to chase evil spirit.

My mum came to my room and started telling me about it. I just laugh. Na very cold water I use bath sef........

1 Like

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Nobody: 4:54pm On Aug 08, 2014
3sha4lyf:

If you went to school, you would have learned to do further research before you had ur bath with salt water to prevent Ebola. Gush! What's with people? Haven't you heard of prank jokes Big deal it was expensive. Yeah so what?! Please people grow up and move away from the scare and just accept it was a joke. After all, worse things happen on April Fools day and people laugh it off.
Jeez!
omo with d way d tin circulated even qnd old woman told me she heard it on radio and 16 missed calls from different people to.do so before 7 u wudnt xpect me to start googling rite away i had to.first bathe d tin before i cum enter google.dn cum see d truth even bus i enter today na so i d try convince dm say na joke hu wan hear me kwanu am sure even oga jona don baff in own salt solution before im hear say na fake
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by tecno4life(m): 4:59pm On Aug 08, 2014
garamah: first of all those of you that are condemning salt on skin, from the natural school of medicine there is absolutely nothing wrong with salt except you have bastardized your organic and biological cells with unnatural, imported, foreign and artificial cells that react negatively with the natural and organic formation of your genetic configuration; reason is from my practical experiences I knew thousands of people that used 85% of their lifetime inside/on sea and they happened to lived an average of 95yrs without any medical or health issues( no stroke, hypertension, eyes, heart/kidney/liver diseases etc.People that lived natural lives lived longer and healthier than people that lived scientific lives.
Secondly, whoever that's responsible for whatever false information about a dreaded issue like Ebola are as devilish as the demon/satan. Shame on you, your mates are out there researching for solution and you busy joking about it. You're an advanced/technological/innovative fool of the highest order.
ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the winner of the lie of the ceeentttuuuurrrryyy!!!!!!
*checks paper*
dis post right here by garamah
d guy mudered English and went on to bury it which is pure wickedness undecided
wait 85% of there life underwater. Ehen dat was what qualified u 4 lie of d century seff.
U sure say dem no be mami water abeg i no one see one 4 dream oohh.
*keeps thinking: 85% jesus which is almost 75 yrs of dere life*

2 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Etizz: 5:00pm On Aug 08, 2014
are u here to take glory or u are apologizing?
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by SegunFlames(m): 5:02pm On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1:
I have achieved my goal!
Here it is www.nairaland.com/1848738/why-lied-ebola-salt-cure#25321853
I hope you're a christian cos u need real prayers right now. You just heaped mountains of curses on your life (nd I hope nt ur generation) from different parts of nigeria.

P.S. I don't know.. But u could have gotten arrested.
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Dhavido(m): 5:04pm On Aug 08, 2014
I'm disappointed at you but it's actually a man of GOD that started the salt water palavar
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Alexander01(m): 5:06pm On Aug 08, 2014
Dats an xpensive joke though...bt aniwaiz ur forgiving
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by skyte59(m): 5:18pm On Aug 08, 2014
Some niralander are gullible using salt to bath don't they know it can damage their skin. Sorry o
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by garamah: 5:24pm On Aug 08, 2014
@tecno4life; Mr English, I'm not an English man so you shall expect blunder cos even you Mr perfect I know speak errors out of Ten words you speak in your mother tongue. Mind you when I said on the sea I mean in a small canoe or boat moving or floating on sea water and when I said inside sea I mean sea as a body of waters.
Idiot what do you know about sea, even if you have PhD in oceanography I will still tell you what your Professors don't know about sea, I'm speaking from practical experience not book experience. No time for argument Mr know it all.
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by tecno4life(m): 5:38pm On Aug 08, 2014
garamah: @tecno4life; Mr English, I'm not an English man so you shall expect blunder cos even you Mr perfect I know speak errors out of Ten words you speak in your mother tongue. Mind you when I said on the sea I mean in a small canoe or boat moving or floating on sea water and when I said inside sea I mean sea as a body of waters.
Idiot what do you know about sea, even if you have PhD in oceanography I will still tell you what your Professors don't know about sea, I'm speaking from practical experience not book experience. No time for argument Mr know it all.
*bust out laughing* buhahahahahahahahahahahahabuahahahahahhahahahahahahhahhahabahahahahahahhahahahbebebebebebebebebeblelelelelellalalalalalalabbbbcaccacacaca *amidst laughter* I hahaha was hahahaha wasnt try hahahahaha trying to make mou hahahahaha mouth, hhaahahahh I hahahah was just trying to catch some fufufufufufufhunhhun fun Prof. Garamah.
gringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringrin buahahahah gringringringringringringringringringringrin
mmmmmhhmmmmmh..,...
cheesy
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by babylolaroy(f): 5:38pm On Aug 08, 2014
quintessnc05: Hahahahahahah!!!! Its so funny.

I received two calls this morning @5am and 6.30am to follow that instruction.
Alwys wanted to play a prank like this.
Lol!

You all should chill jare..
lol, i tell you. though people are dumb beyond experimentation. immediately i got calls, i knew something wasnt right. ebola is viral nd salt is anti biotic na...so emi don ja say na sham. kinda had fun laughing today, pple shud forget it, afterall nobody asked anybody not to reason before taking things hook, line and sinker.
i always wanted to play a big prank too...urs is a bigger one anyway. buh chill babe, you arent a sinner, so breath. you v taken a bold step...shit happens
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Mettal: 5:43pm On Aug 08, 2014
After bathing with warm, lukewarm,tepid,cold salt water in the morning which later became a hoax, another biatch from no where came to drive all of you to market again,how gullible people can be !!!

1 Like

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Junki04(m): 5:46pm On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1:
Thank you.
That is my fear too. Drinking salt is VERY dangerous and can kill fast. People must be drinking large doses by now. I am afraid!
anybody that dies from taking too much salt was caused by u...their death is on ur neck

1 Like

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Olusanya333(m): 5:46pm On Aug 08, 2014
I tell you my mum dey Cry when i said i'm not bathing with any salt poo. She be like "omoyi sanu mi" (in Funke akindele voice) and i was like "shey i wan die ni". OP u made my mum cry dis morning God will give it to you press down,shaken together and running over.

1 Like

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by tecno4life(m): 5:48pm On Aug 08, 2014
kemoola: Pls lets always think before playing pranks. There are jokes that are costly like this. I was surprised when u said u will insult anyone that insults u, my dear u should learn how to take responsibility. Whatever comes out of this your so called prank u should be ready to take the responsibility. Do you know that many pple's health is been threatened as a result of this careless joke? The last time someone tried to joke with moslems' prophet, can you imagine the no of lives dat were lost? Just pray that this does not cost any life and pls don't play pranks with serious issues again. Thanks
It has already read.......
Search it on NL or wait a little I will give u d link.
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by emerem: 6:01pm On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1: My confession and apology

Dear nairalanders and everyone who have heard of the ebola Prevention "News", My name is Adesewa, I am coming out clean because what started has a joke has escalated into the unprecedented.
How it started
Yesterday i was with friend in her hostel, we were talking about this Ebola out break, when one of my friends, Funke (she introduced me to nairaland) brought the idea of Us playing a prank on our friends. The first suggestion was to tell people that aloe very could cure Ebola, but we thought it would sound too ridiculous so we forgot about it.

Later that even an idea came to me (i now regret that i did it).
I decided to send a BBM broadcast message to my friends, telling them that the Ministry of Health has asked everyone to bathe with salt and warm water and drink some of it.
I sent the message 7:08pm yesterday

Later this midnight i started getting calls and messages that i should drink salt water and bath with it.

All efforts to tell people that i was the one who started the joke failed. Only my friends who i mentioned earlier believed me. Even my mum could me this morning, i did not know what to tell her.

I am using this medium to beg you all to warn and tell everyone, before they drink salt and damage their health.

Please dont be hash on me. I know this has gone out of hand. I never knew it will be this serious. Some have even added to the original message i sent.
I truly doubt if you are Adesewa as claimed. You heard NAFDAC will arrest anyone that claims cure for Ebola, so with this rumor that emanated from another source you decided to settle your scores with love love matter by puting another in trouble. I got the message before the time you claimed you were planing it. You will have anothe apology this time in the station for setting an innocent Adesewa and Funke up think twice they are humans like you.
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by tecno4life(m): 6:02pm On Aug 08, 2014
Breaking news!!!!!!
Saw it on CNN right now:
newest cure 4 Ebola virus is kerosene and sugar:
according to a report by CNN news coming from cambridge university Lab, licking sugar that has been soaked in kerosene could be the cure for Ebola virus.
Dr. Brown Hendricks who is the chief researcher said "they are some anti-viral acids in kerosene that could kill the virus over an extended period of time" the drugs has been tested and confirmed on two liberians that have caught the virus for 6 days and it got totally cured after 4 days of regular intake of Kerosene and sugar.
"we are going to take the compositional elements of these two things and use them to form the drug that could cure Ebola Virus" he said.
JUST KIDDING LOLllX grin
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by abbeywasc(m): 6:22pm On Aug 08, 2014
what sum1 sent to me:
If you received any message about salt in warm water preventingEbola and you believed and spread that message, here are somesmall 'tips' for you:1. Kindly go to your university, polytechnic orcollege of education and return your degree certificate2. Also please ensure you refund ALL the fees your parents paid for you. 3. And if you've not been to any school, don't bother to wasteyour time, money and resources because it won't make anydifference.

i tnk ds says it all
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by tecno4life(m): 6:23pm On Aug 08, 2014
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by dhayor58(m): 6:27pm On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1:
Yh, as i said, funke was part of the plan. I sent mine 7pm. Funke was determined to beat me to the joke. She sent her's earlier, we are room mates in FUTA jibowu hostel. My room mates can bear me witness.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Man Wears Snake Instead Of Face Mask In A Commercial Bus In England / French Doctors Say 'Test Coronavirus Vaccines In Africa", Eto’o, Drogba React / Mum Infects Her 17 Children With Coronavirus In US As She Didn't Show Symptoms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.