Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,877 members, 7,817,585 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry - Health (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry (95412 Views)

I DID NOT start the salt cure rumor, only created awareness of d hoax / Lady Who Started The Salt & Water Ebola Cure Rumour Comes Out, Tenders Apology / Ebola Cure? Nigeria Professor Research on treatment with Bitter Kola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by lonelydora: 10:47pm On Aug 08, 2014
We are already working in arresting you. I hope you heard what the Minister of Health said this afternoon. Hope you are joking because you will soon see yourself in DSS, Abuja. Goodluck!

2 Likes

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Dawinlove(m): 10:50pm On Aug 08, 2014
http://rexonaselfiefest.com/
[: jes click on d link enta ya fb dtails nd vote dami nd dawin..usin fone browser nt opera pls..lykmypics RBC
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by IYANGBALI: 10:50pm On Aug 08, 2014
Olosi alakori omokomo
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by utumemsendoo(m): 11:09pm On Aug 08, 2014
DRealGeesam1: My confession and apology

Dear nairalanders and everyone who have heard of the ebola Prevention "News", My name is Adesewa, I am coming out clean because what started has a joke has escalated into the unprecedented.
How it started
Yesterday i was with friend in her hostel, we were talking about this Ebola out break, when one of my friends, Funke (she introduced me to nairaland) brought the idea of Us playing a prank on our friends. The first suggestion was to tell people that aloe very could cure Ebola, but we thought it would sound too ridiculous so we forgot about it.

Later that even an idea came to me (i now regret that i did it).
I decided to send a BBM broadcast message to my friends, telling them that the Ministry of Health has asked everyone to bathe with salt and warm water and drink some of it.
I sent the message 7:08pm yesterday

Later this midnight i started getting calls and messages that i should drink salt water and bath with it.

All efforts to tell people that i was the one who started the joke failed. Only my friends who i mentioned earlier believed me. Even my mum could me this morning, i did not know what to tell her.

I am using this medium to beg you all to warn and tell everyone, before they drink salt and damage their health.

Please dont be hash on me. I know this has gone out of hand. I never knew it will be this serious. Some have even added to the original message i sent.
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by QueenHafi(f): 12:02am On Aug 09, 2014
Its a good thing you corrected the error but what of the damage it has caused for some people. This joke travelled so far to the extent I got a call from my Aunty in Kogi and Jos by 6:45am. Lol.
Imagine those whom are meant to abstain from salt due to health issues and the danger you've put them into. Also pregnant women in the first trimester are to avoid concentrated salt solution because it can cause a miscarriage. Just think about the whole problem the joke has caused for some people. "They say bad news travels faster than good news" Please watch what you say next time. You know when there is a serious case on ground and someone brings up a solution, lots of Nigerians will jump at it without thinking whether its true or not, I can imagine such feelings. Alhamdulillahi I didn't even try it.

1 Like

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by illicit(m): 12:30am On Aug 09, 2014
Now it has been confirmed and reported that some innocent people had lost their lives on obeying your ill conceived advice , now these were people with lives, families, see what stupidness can make you do to others, do you even know you are a murderer now?
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by denitro(m): 12:31am On Aug 09, 2014
RESULT OF YOUR PRANK
At least two persons have been feared killed and 20 others hospitalised in various hospitals in Plateau State after consuming excessive quantity of salt and bitter kola to prevent Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) attack.

The two, according to a source in Shendam who spoke with our reporter on phone, were rushed to the hospital by their family members after they suddenly collapsed in the morning, having consumed too much of salt over night. They later died of high blood pressure in the hospitals.

According to medical personnel in the hospitals where the other patients are currently taking treatment in Jos, some developed ulcer, while others stool profusely, having consumed the table salt in excess.
Details to follow

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/ebola-scare-two-feared-dead-20-others-hospitalised-over-excessive-salt-consumption/185745/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by sweetguy10(m): 12:36am On Aug 09, 2014
MY MOM BATTLED STROKE FOR YEARS ,THANK GOD SHE IS BETTER NOW BUT SHE IS THE HYPERTENSIVE TYPE AND INGESTING MUCH SALT IS VERY HAZARDOUS TO HER HEALTH . SHE WAS THE ONE THAT EVEN CALLED MY BY 5:00AM THIS MORNING . NOW LISTEN , IF ANYTHING SHOULD HAPPEN TO THAT WOMAN AND IT HAPPENED TO COME FROM THE AFTERMATH OF HER SALT INGESTION , I WILL PERSONALLY COME FOR YOU . I SWEAR WITH MY LIFE , WHOEVER THAT IS SAVING THIS BETTER SAVE THIS NOW . I'VE BEEN ON NAIRALAND FOR YEARS AND I HAVE NEVER THREATENED NO ONE NOR STEPPED ON PEOPLE'S TOES , YOU WON'T FIND THIS FUNNY I'M SWEARING BY MY SURNAME. STUPID BITCH

1 Like

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Femistico(m): 12:45am On Aug 09, 2014
@op do u knw dat abt 2 pple ave lost there lives due 2 dere much intake of salt nd over 20 hospitalised...well u can be tagged a murderer and fg has declared dose pple behind dis wanted..jes dey pray make dem no nab u cuz na abuja u wan go land
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by armadeo(m): 2:31am On Aug 09, 2014
You lack attention so much that first you claim to be female and second you start a rumor which has gone out of hand.

I won't be surprised if you are arrested. Hope your folks have bar to bail you.

If that's your profile as exposed your own Don finish.
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Revsola: 3:26am On Aug 09, 2014
I doubt if you started the rumour... check the link between the rumour and what Attah Of Igala said here:http:///1oxW1TG
Apart from that I think salt therapy in form of salt bath can keep the skin secured even after mild contact with Ebola victims
Check: http:///1yf9Dcn
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by folaski: 7:08am On Aug 09, 2014
some people are crying, government panicking and you are here making a bad joke of this international disaster. Your are forgiven as far as i am concern but pls never involve yourself in such bad jokes again. Anyway i never beloved it.

1 Like

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by JEITO: 7:31am On Aug 09, 2014
DRealGeesam1:
Yh, as i said, funke was part of the plan. I sent mine 7pm. Funke was determined to beat me to the joke. She sent her's earlier, we are room mates in FUTA jibowu hostel. My room mates can bear me witness.
you are not smart. You committed a crime and you are divulging personal info about yourself for easy arrest.

Talk about snitching on yourself...
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by mideoti(f): 7:42am On Aug 09, 2014
Publicity stunt......She might actually not be d one
just for u to be on front page.
smh.
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by BANGERLEE1(m): 8:49am On Aug 09, 2014
[quote author=thelastPope]

Did i tell you i fell for it? Do i sound like an illiterate to you? Something is wrong with you obviously[/quote} yap Man u sounded nd still sounding like an illiterate--nd if u did not fell for the message or perhaps some of ur family didn't u won't have gone to the extent of abusing her so much---You be like 'Ha shit so na girl go dey deceive mi abi on top my brain'
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Dullard(m): 9:09am On Aug 09, 2014
Nigerians! One started a dumb rumour, gullible folks continued to spread it. Now, minister of information said they will prosecute the originator of the rumour and this attention seeker claims the crime! Something that was already in the air as emanating from Attah Igala on Thursday afternoon, you want to claim to originate by 7pm! Don't worry, you will get your15 mins of fame. I can imagine how you are celebrating now that you''ve convinced gullible Nairalanders that you are the 'badest babe ever liveth'. Congratulations.
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by ASIPAHENRY: 9:50am On Aug 09, 2014
[b][/b]Make sure you start re sending this apology the way you started the prank cause some people are still bathing with salt water now.
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by elthakeyz: 9:55am On Aug 09, 2014
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/
ebola-two-die-drinking-salt-water-jos/
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by elthakeyz: 9:56am On Aug 09, 2014
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by prince18950(m): 10:03am On Aug 09, 2014
Pls let's stop this because I don't even think she started it but even if she started it she has apologize to every one. But @Op don't u ever try this nonsense again that is if u are able to get out of this oooo Pls let's stop this because I don't even think she started it but even if she started it she has apologize to every one. But @Op don't u ever try this nonsense again that is if u are able to get out of this oooo Pls let's stop this because I don't even think she started it but even if she started it she has apologize to every one. But @Op don't u ever try this nonsense again that is if u are able to get out of this oooo
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Julietta34(f): 11:18am On Aug 09, 2014
Seriously, Nigerians, do we hav 2 mak jokes out of evry situation? People r dying of dis deadly virus n pple r making fun wit it...If u truly started dis, u shud b persecuted for putting d lifes of innocent pple in jeopardy. Out of ur stupidity u mak so many pple susceptible do oda infections...u hav 2 seek God's mercy nt only frm Nigerians....
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Adeyeancah(m): 11:57am On Aug 09, 2014
DRealGeesam1:
Mr man! No insult please!
Mtcheww.
I was just kidding with my friends, i did not even say they should rebroadcast it! It was later that i saw the message that said people Should rebroadcast. Who asked them to edit the message i sent!

Please let us be matured.
The guy no dey abuse u Mrs.Oga....oshi means rubbish....the pple wey dey say u silly and stupid u no go meet them...
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Adeyeancah(m): 12:01pm On Aug 09, 2014
DRealGeesam1:
So i should have just kept quiet abi.
Who knew people will take it this serious.
Nairaland has too many kids. Mind how you talk to me pls!
Who knew pple would take it serious u say...don't u know most Nigerians are Gullible ni?
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Adeyeancah(m): 12:08pm On Aug 09, 2014
DRealGeesam1:
What is it with you? Have you never played any prank on your friends before?
Respect yourself...
Quote me again and see
He be like say u no know the Gas ,kerosene pple don waste all because of the prank u put up yesterday...
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Marx42(m): 12:43pm On Aug 09, 2014
I love it too, beacause you have popularize yourself and added more money to Salt dealers.
Honestly, you need a reward for this
check www.loadedjaka.com I love it too, beacause you have popularize yourself and added more money to Salt dealers.
check www.loadedjaka.com
I love it too, beacause you have popularize yourself and added more money to Salt dealers.
check www.loadedjaka.com
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Spartan1: 5:04pm On Aug 09, 2014
so lame...its just a peer idleness or perharps joblessness... don't blame her...blame d ignorant public accepting before making proper finding...its no more bitter-cola...mayb it'll be palm-oil next...SMH... www.spartanplanetng.com/models.html register and get jobs young ladies. catchymodels@spartanplanetng.com
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Blaqking(m): 7:15pm On Aug 09, 2014
how's it feel babe? 2 PEOPLE have, reportedly died of salt overdose n a dozen or so more hospitalized..
shit just got real n quick!
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by Nobody: 2:25pm On Aug 10, 2014
liar. u didn't start d shit u called a prank. don't come here seeking fame. ur mates r researching 4 medicine, and u r busy fooling around online wit ur age.... idiot .
read dis and knw more truth http://m.allafrica.com/stories/201408081554.html/
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by chukwuebukan: 2:26pm On Aug 10, 2014
EBOLA! EBOLA!! EBOLA!!! check it out here to know more pals
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bguEpWxblWs
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by GlobalCareers: 2:52pm On Aug 10, 2014
DRealGeesam1: My confession and apology

Dear nairalanders and everyone who have heard of the ebola Prevention "News", My name is Adesewa, I am coming out clean because what started has a joke has escalated into the unprecedented.
How it started
Yesterday i was with friend in her hostel, we were talking about this Ebola out break, when one of my friends, Funke (she introduced me to nairaland) brought the idea of Us playing a prank on our friends. The first suggestion was to tell people that aloe very could cure Ebola, but we thought it would sound too ridiculous so we forgot about it.

Later that even an idea came to me (i now regret that i did it).
I decided to send a BBM broadcast message to my friends, telling them that the Ministry of Health has asked everyone to bathe with salt and warm water and drink some of it.
I sent the message 7:08pm yesterday

Later this midnight i started getting calls and messages that i should drink salt water and bath with it.

All efforts to tell people that i was the one who started the joke failed. Only my friends who i mentioned earlier believed me. Even my mum could me this morning, i did not know what to tell her.

I am using this medium to beg you all to warn and tell everyone, before they drink salt and damage their health.

Please dont be hash on me. I know this has gone out of hand. I never knew it will be this serious. Some have even added to the original message i sent.

HEY, YOU MUST BE A KID. YOU THINK WE WILL BELIEVE YOU ARE THAT FALSE BROADCASTER? DO NOT TRY THIS AGAIN. DO NOT CHEW WHAT YOU CANNOT SWALLOW. THE MINISTER OF HEALTH SAID YESTERDAY THAT THE ORIGINATOR OF THAT RUMOUR WILL BE HUNTED AND ARRESTED. SO BEWARE! OR ELSE YOU WILL BE TRACKED.

THIS THREAD SHOULD BE ENDED.
Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by missmac: 6:49pm On Aug 10, 2014
akereconfi: The OP is still arrogant. Do you know by that BC, you have created negligence in the mind of people because they will think the salt and water therapy will protect them against contracting the virus and so they will ignore other safety measures. You are lucky you are in Nigeria. Try that in England here, you will be cooling your ASS in some detention facility no sooner.

There is no EXCUSE you will give for this silly act you have done. Ebola is an issue threatening the human race in Africa here and all you could do out of it was to make a prank out of it. I received the BC this morning

pls tell us, where exactly are you- England or Africa? Or has England been moved to Africa?

1 Like

Re: I Started The Saltwater Ebola Cure Rumor I Truely Am Sorry by akereconfi: 8:32pm On Aug 10, 2014
missmac:
pls tell us, where exactly are you- England or Africa? Or has England been moved to Africa?

Wtf are you talking about, come up with something reasonable please

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Man Wears Snake Instead Of Face Mask In A Commercial Bus In England / French Doctors Say 'Test Coronavirus Vaccines In Africa", Eto’o, Drogba React / Mum Infects Her 17 Children With Coronavirus In US As She Didn't Show Symptoms

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.