Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,753 members, 7,955,864 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:21 PM

RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] (76203 Views)

More Pictures Of Buhari At The Blair House In The US / GRAPHIC: More Pictures From The Recent Flood And Fire Outbreak In Ghana / Pictures Of Protest In Abuja 12-01-2010(more pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by shadrach77: 2:43pm On Aug 08, 2014
GenBuhari: And you got your information from?
Watch that video sir. I don't know how old you are but it was a well known fact back then

cool cool cool
Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by Nobody: 2:45pm On Aug 08, 2014
Richiy:
Then and now.

You snapped it ?
Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by Galadimabawa: 2:48pm On Aug 08, 2014
All this old cargos up till today They are still saying They are the learders of tomorro, God forbed
Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by logout: 2:48pm On Aug 08, 2014
Epic! This made my day. Obasanjo was once a fine man afterall. undecided

2 Likes

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by Nobody: 2:59pm On Aug 08, 2014
I asked how did you get your information that Idiagbon was in control and that Buhari was a stooge.
shadrach77:
Watch that video sir. I don't know how old you are but it was a well known fact back then

cool cool cool
Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by majamajic(m): 3:01pm On Aug 08, 2014
How come Obasanjo and stella picture look oldest and atilogwu dance can't be from rivers.........nice collections .

Its seems everything was ok till festac 77 and worst after death of yar adua. Just saying.

1 Like

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by hardebounty(m): 3:08pm On Aug 08, 2014
Ijawboi: There was a country.

But op, wad up wit dat buwahaahahari pishure, sup with the stallion of integrity and honesty bullcrap?
are u sure u okay sha? Whatz iz ur own wit buhari? Mtcheeew
Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by Celepope: 3:09pm On Aug 08, 2014
GenBuhari: I asked how did you get your information that Idiagbon was in control and that Buhari was a stooge.
The guy is right.If your dad is still around or you have close elderly relatives go ask them.Gen.Buhari was the version of vice President Sambo today.He was more like a ceremonial Head of state while Idiagbon was like the real President of Nigeria.I am not being political but saying the fact.

1 Like

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by Elebiju: 3:12pm On Aug 08, 2014
APRIL 1972: It was during the regime of General Yakubu Gowon, Nigeria’s military wartime leader and the law in place for convicted armed robbers was nothing but death by the firing squad.Thus it happened in April 1972 that a young man named Stanley Enekwe was convicted of armed robbery and he was to be shot to death. The place was Ajalli, near Awka in the then East-Central State (that part is now Anambra State). Enekwe’s public execution was scheduled but something really spectacular happened. In those days, families and relatives usually avoided the scene of public execution because they believed that the accused had brought overwhelming shame to their name and disgrace upon the entire family. However, that was not the case with Stanley Enekwe’s father.
e was not only at the execution ground but he was there with his son to the very last. In the picture, he is seen mopping off the sweat on his son’s face and giving him words of encouragement. The agony of a father and the demonstration of unconditional love. Enekwe’s father then told his son these words, murmuring to him:‘Fear not, the Lord is waiting to receive you.’On the day of his execution, many of his villagers trooped out and proclaimed his innocence. Enekwe was said to have been an ex-soldier of the Biafran Army and came back to Ajalli after the Nigerian Civil War with one of the official vehicles which he was accused of stealing. To quote Uzoamaka Udokwu Nwankwo, a member of the Nigerian Nostalgia Project (NNP), she said concerning this issue:I finally spoke to an eye witness. Stanley was an officer in the biafran army and after the war, he came back to Ajalli with one of the official vehicles and was accused of stealing it. The Nigerian army was very wicked to the men who fought them and seized every opportunity that they could get to victimize them. The caseagainst him started immediately after the war and dragged on to the day that he was killed. Most people avoided him as they were also afraid of being victimized so his dad stood by him and boldly came to the execution to show him that he believed in him and also hoping for a miracle. I am not from Ajalli but I know that family very wellalthough I didn’t meet them until the 1980s. They are many things but they are not armed robbers.

20 Likes

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by Nobody: 3:12pm On Aug 08, 2014
You have not answered the question either, Where did you get the information that Idiagbon was running the country? - present your evidence na!
Celepope:
The guy is right.If your dad is still around or you have close elderly relatives go ask them.Gen.Buhari was the version of vice President Sambo today.He was more like a ceremonial Head of state while Idiagbon was like the real President of Nigeria.I am not being political but saying the fact.
Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by adamskutty(m): 3:13pm On Aug 08, 2014
Lovely i tell u
Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by frank69Cjay(m): 3:13pm On Aug 08, 2014
MRWHINNIG: Nice one. But why are there so few pictures from the east and about the southeasterners?
my thoughts exactly
Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by Elebiju: 3:17pm On Aug 08, 2014
Doctor’ Ishola Oyenusi is a name etched in the history of Nigeria as one of the most violent armed robbers, a criminal who unleashed boundless terror on many Nigerians. But who was he and what did he do that his name was associated with so much notoriety?The Nigerian Civil War had just ended in 1970 but by the early 1970s, a stone-hearted armed robber, Ishola Oyenusi (he called himself Dr. Oyenusi even if he never finished the secondary school), was terrorising all of Lagos, Nigeria’s largest commercial centre. Before one tale of his daring exploits died down, another one had sprung up. Oyenusi was no ordinary pilferer,this snitcher was downright wicked and had all the self-confidence in the world to go with it. And you know something? He was quite romantic and chivalrous. There was a story of how he snatched his first car on Herbert Macaulay Road in Yaba, Lagos. Why? His girlfriend was broke. He eventually sold the car for N400 but the sad part was that in the process of stealing the car, the poor owner was shot dead. He actually snatched the first car he saw on the road. Such was the ferocious nature of his audacity.Oyenusi’s arrogance was also legendary. In 1970, he was arrested and handcuffed by a police officer. As the policeman was ordering him around, Oyenusi blasted him and thundered:‘People like you don’t talk to me like that when I am armed. I gun them down.’Hmmm, but that was not all. Oyenusi was so feared that when the famed movie director, Chief Eddie Ugbomah made a film titled the Rise and Fall of Dr. Oyenusi in 1977,there was no one bold enough to come forward to act the role of the armed robber because they feared his members would show them shege.Ugbomah had no other option but to act the role himself with the feature film depicting the senseless violence of armed robberies and the absolutely atrocious manner by which lives of innocent Nigerians were snuffed out. But there was one interesting thing that happened: a medical doctor by the name of Dr. Oyenusi was so mad at the filmproducer that he headed for the court trying to stop the shooting of the movie.Actually, Ugbomah was threatened. He received a letter from thieves who invadedand looted his provision store, carting away all they could. In the letter, they promised to return his goods if he would only stop shooting the film in which he exposed the support received by the armedrobbers from their ‘godfathers’ and even high-ranking officers in the Nigerian ArmedForces. The stubborn Ugbomah called theirbluff and went ahead with the 16mm-flick (kindly send us a clip of this film if you haveone). Ugbomah would later produce many other films such asDeath of a Black President(1983),Esan (Nemesis), The MaskandVengeance of the Cultin 1985.Death of a Black Presidentwas aboutthe assassination of General Murtala Muhammed(read all about him here>>>http://www..com/murtala-muhammed-nigerias-most-popular-leader/In the 1970s, Oyenusi was no doubt the uncrowned emperor of Nigerian robbers andhe is described as the ‘first celebrated armed robber in Nigeria’. He is regarded by some as the pioneer of conventional armed robbery in Nigeria. When Oyenusi reigned at the height of his regal confidence, he declared:‘The bullet has no power.‘

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by Nobody: 3:18pm On Aug 08, 2014
I know of a video of executions which may be this one or similar cases- the accused were all smiling and courageous.
RIP
Elebiju: APRIL 1972: It was during the regime of General Yakubu Gowon, Nigeria’s military wartime leader and the law in place for convicted armed robbers was nothing but death by the firing squad.Thus it happened in April 1972 that a young man named Stanley Enekwe was convicted of armed robbery and he was to be shot to death. The place was Ajalli, near Awka in the then East-Central State (that part is now Anambra State). Enekwe’s public execution was scheduled but something really spectacular happened. In those days, families and relatives usually avoided the scene of public execution because they believed that the accused had brought overwhelming shame to their name and disgrace upon the entire family. However, that was not the case with Stanley Enekwe’s father.
e was not only at the execution ground but he was there with his son to the very last. In the picture, he is seen mopping off the sweat on his son’s face and giving him words of encouragement. The agony of a father and the demonstration of unconditional love. Enekwe’s father then told his son these words, murmuring to him:‘Fear not, the Lord is waiting to receive you.’On the day of his execution, many of his villagers trooped out and proclaimed his innocence. Enekwe was said to have been an ex-soldier of the Biafran Army and came back to Ajalli after the Nigerian Civil War with one of the official vehicles which he was accused of stealing. To quote Uzoamaka Udokwu Nwankwo, a member of the Nigerian Nostalgia Project (NNP), she said concerning this issue:I finally spoke to an eye witness. Stanley was an officer in the biafran army and after the war, he came back to Ajalli with one of the official vehicles and was accused of stealing it. The Nigerian army was very wicked to the men who fought them and seized every opportunity that they could get to victimize them. The caseagainst him started immediately after the war and dragged on to the day that he was killed. Most people avoided him as they were also afraid of being victimized so his dad stood by him and boldly came to the execution to show him that he believed in him and also hoping for a miracle. I am not from Ajalli but I know that family very wellalthough I didn’t meet them until the 1980s. They are many things but they are not armed robbers.
Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by Celepope: 3:18pm On Aug 08, 2014
GenBuhari: You have not answered the question either - present your evidence na!
What evidence do you want?I tire for you...o.The first guy u responded ask you how old u are perhaps you didn't witness his regime or u where still very young.I now simply told u to go ask those who were around then and here u are asking me for evidence.I don't have any evidence to give you but there is a saying that "Experience is the best teacher" and the things we do today will be used to judge us tomorrow.Pls go ponder on these words
Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by diarra94(m): 3:18pm On Aug 08, 2014
[size=30pt]These pictures rather make me sad. i feel like picking up a revolver and shooting every nigerian i see for turning Nigeria into dome of misfortunes and a home to savages. When will nigeria return to her former glory?, when?[/size]

6 Likes

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by Nobody: 3:24pm On Aug 08, 2014
So you are saying Idiagbon was running Nigeria , with no evidence to support your claims?

I rest my case. smiley
Celepope:
What evidence do you want?I tire for you...o.The first guy u responded ask you how old u are perhaps you didn't witness his regime or u where still very young.I now simply told u to go ask those who were around then and here u are asking me for evidence.[size=18pt]I don't have any evidence to give[/size] you but there is a saying that "Experience is the best teacher" and the things we do today will be used to judge us tomorrow.Pls go ponder on these words

[size=18pt]Buhari captures looter Umaru Dikko in London 1985[/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyTMMoh7xUQ&list=TLSJobHumjZX5SiOZBv4B-af4IEOpHrhD7

5 Likes

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by Nobody: 3:26pm On Aug 08, 2014
I like these kinda thread! more pics pls!
Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by asodeboyede(m): 3:27pm On Aug 08, 2014
ednut1: nice pics, but d yoruba palaces looks wack compared to hausas

The Deji of Akure, Olowo of Owo and other Yoruba kings posed at their courtyards! Ok?
Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by prophetone(m): 3:30pm On Aug 08, 2014
GenBuhari: So you are saying Idiagbon was running Nigeria , with no evidence to support your claims?

I rest my case. smiley

Epic cool
Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by bbello28(m): 3:30pm On Aug 08, 2014
Choi... E be lyk say I shlD enta dat pix shocked . grin cow neva mad dat time ..no be now adays wen a typical Go. Look ur face like "try nonsense make I treat ur Bleep up grin

2 Likes

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by Nobody: 3:33pm On Aug 08, 2014
Be selective on who you shoot oh! we are not all responsible to ruining Nigeria
Some pointer about those who ruined Nigeria

[size=38pt]Thief Olusegun Obasanjo[/size]

[size=38pt]Evil Ibrahim Badmassi Babangida (IBB)[/size]

[size=38pt]Evil IBB's relative and sidekick General Abdulsalami Abuabakar [/size](wherever u see IBB u see Abdulsalami Abubakar)

[size=28pt]Those listed are 95% responsible for the pitiful state of Nigeria today[/size]

diarra94: [size=30pt]These pictures rather make me sad. i feel like picking up a revolver and shooting every nigerian i see for turning Nigeria into dome of misfortunes and a home to savages. When will nigeria return to her former glory?, when?[/size]

1 Like

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by rill: 3:33pm On Aug 08, 2014
diarra94: [size=30pt]These pictures rather make me sad. i feel like picking up a revolver and shooting every nigerian i see for turning Nigeria into dome of misfortunes and a home to savages. When will nigeria return to her former glory?, when?[/size]
U should shoot urself first

1 Like

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by diarra94(m): 3:37pm On Aug 08, 2014
rill: U should shoot urself first
well i am technically not nigerian... so oya bring your head make i feed you with bullets.lol
Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by Calculia: 3:37pm On Aug 08, 2014
[size=18pt]THE ROT OF NIGERIA IN BLACK AND WHITE. NOTHING TO CELEBRATE HERE BUT ALL TO HOPE FOR IN DISINTEGRATION.

1900 DREAMS OF ABOKI TO LOOT CAN NEVER COME BACK, GONE FOREVER AND EVER.[/size]

picture below of Nigerian troops destroyed by Biafra Artillery.

Those of u celebrating Biafra war with pictures of innocent civilians killed by the coward Nigeria Army, should understand that Biafra fought the entire country with no weapons apart from a manual riffle, whilst Nigeria had automatic guns and a fully mobile artillery(all the weapons) and still did not win.

The war only ended after Three and the half years becos of the illegal blockade of Biafra by the criminal Gowon led Government. This time Biafra is Armed and highly loaded, i only pity Nigeria Aboki and their ally.

3 Likes

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by diarra94(m): 3:38pm On Aug 08, 2014
GenBuhari: Be selective on who you shoot oh! we are not all responsible to ruining Nigeria
Some pointer about those who ruined Nigeria

Thief Olusegun Obasanjo
Evil Ibrahim Badmassi Babangida (IBB)
IBB's relative and sidekick Abdulsalami Abuabakar

Those listed are 95% responsible for the pitiful state of Nigeria today
thank you very much, i keep saying nigeria lost her tracks in the hands of Ibb. this man was the worst thing to happen to nigeria.
Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by AnanseK(m): 3:39pm On Aug 08, 2014
prophetone:

Hausa 'Kirari' player Northern, Nigeria.

Not "kirari" but " Kakaki " trumpeter. Well done anyway.

1 Like

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by dexy007(m): 3:40pm On Aug 08, 2014
prophetone:
The year is 1939. The then monarch of Benin Oba akenzua II flanked by General Bondilon.

Nigerian Air Traffic Controllers learning Australian methods of air traffic control inside Perth Airport control tower in 1964. They were in Australia under the Special Commonwealth Assistance to Africa Plan.

University College Hospital (UCH), Ibadan In 1959 Lord av Mercy,c hospital Abeg!Choiiiiiii!!!!!! Dia was a Country no joke!

The 1st Nigerian man to declare that 20 men shall fall that day if you cross his lane, he declared it before Wizkid. 19 yr old Victor Uwaifo training and posing at Obalende, near St Gregorys College, Lagos 1960.

Emperor Haile Selassie of Ethiopia In Nigeria In 1972. Ngozi Achebe handing His Imperial Majesty, a bouquet of marigolds, daisies and daffodils during his visit to Nigeria in 1972. The little Ngozi welcomed the mighty emperor saying: “I welcome to Nigeria, His Royal Highness, the great Emperor of all Ethiopia, Elect of God, and the Lion of Judah, Emperor Haile Selassie.”

Scholar writing a Hausa dictionary in the Centre of Study for Nigerian Languages in Kano, May 1974.

Civilians at a bus stop, Ibadan (1970).

On November 10, 1995 Ken Saro-Wiwa and eight other Ogoni activists were hanged, After being tried and convicted by a special military tribunal and were refused the possibility of appeal in relation to their human right activities in the Niger Delta region. In 2009, after years of litigation, Shell settled out of court with the Saro Wiwa family for $15.5million as a “humanitarian gesture and a gesture of sympathy

Chief Obafemi Awolowo, Premier of the Old Western Region Nigeria.

Women in wooden canoe on Cross River (1959).
Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by blackjack21(m): 3:45pm On Aug 08, 2014
THIS THREAD MAKES ME SAD. SO SAD!

1 Like

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by 4thsense: 3:48pm On Aug 08, 2014
Mehn...short of words. Did anyone notice the 1923 BADAGARY MERRY XMAS picture? The most facinating detail perfected by those Oyinbos' creativity with my countrymen was using a guy as a space in the writting, between the two words- " MERRY & XMAS...OMG!!!

Then honestly, what hit us? the current world in comparison seems like living dying slowly and painfully

1 Like

Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by prophetone(m): 3:48pm On Aug 08, 2014
More coming in a bit.
Re: RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] by MrHenri: 4:07pm On Aug 08, 2014
iamord: Wow.. !! Things have really changed! The looked more calm, orderly , content and heart warming back then! Compared to what we see today

If they really looked more calm, they will not do what they did to FELA KUTI at that time. Cant you see his condition in the picture, Just because he was trying to say the truth of what was happening in the Nation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

FG Begins N20,000 Cash Transfer In Lagos - Sanwo-Olu / Fashola And Tinubu Meet At Wedding Of Olusegun Osoba's Daughter (Photos) / Election Results Of Obio-Akpor LGA In Rivers State: IREV -Vs- Official Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.