Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (138) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (827185 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by oghos2k(m): 8:00pm On Sep 11, 2014
oghos2k: electronic systems engineering... You?
masters
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by realone01(m): 8:22pm On Sep 11, 2014
Computer science
oghos2k: electronic systems engineering... You?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by WESTERNCR: 8:27pm On Sep 11, 2014
hello, please is it possible to make a deposit of $2000 tuition with Lambton College?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by iluminati: 8:37pm On Sep 11, 2014
sidnigga: To the ogas in Canada.. Pls what can u say about the College of the North Atlantic in newfoundland and labrador.. likewise, what can you say about the province... Thanks

Newfoundland na dead zone. But if u like fish and aquatic animals like crayfish and so on them Newfoundland will be the best province for you cos you go chop fish tire as everywhere is full of water there.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tnuola(f): 8:43pm On Sep 11, 2014
WESTERNCR: hello, please is it possible to make a deposit of $2000 tuition with Lambton College?

Once you get your admission letter, the tuition deposit you'll be required to pay so as to hold your seat will be stated. It is mostly 6k upwards.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by WESTERNCR: 8:51pm On Sep 11, 2014
tnuola:

Once you get your admission letter, the tuition deposit you'll be required to pay so as to hold your seat will be stated. It is mostly 6k upwards.

Wow.... Can't be anything lesser? May be I rather stick with George Brown College
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by shopaker: 8:57pm On Sep 11, 2014
Hello house ,Am new here and I have been following this thread, but yet to understand the process on how it been done.I want to process it for my younger brother he is an undergraduate. Please I need your guidance.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Lonewolf001: 9:12pm On Sep 11, 2014
pls guys i need help with what the layout of an e-mail to a potential supervisor for an msc program should look like @siga and other gurus your input is needed. thanx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pchax: 9:33pm On Sep 11, 2014
EaglesT: i know..but is it sure if i aplly myself or i need an agent?

I can be your agent for half the price anyone gives you smiley

***fires up google
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by famolino(m): 9:38pm On Sep 11, 2014
MyCIC account expires next week. How do I go abt it (still waiting for medical call)? Online.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pchax: 9:43pm On Sep 11, 2014
Lonewolf001: pls guys i need help with what the layout of an e-mail to a potential supervisor for an msc program should look like @siga and other gurus your input is needed. thanx

I guess I can add my 2 cents based on what I did. The first thing you need to know is that these professors receive dozens of emails every day so make it as brief and catching as possible starting from your subject. Some professors state what subject the mail must be so carefully check the profile of the professor if he has such a restriction. If not, something like "PROSPECTIVE MASTERS STUDENT IN [insert research area].

Your first paragraph should be about introducing yourself, where you schooled, GPA and course of study, and the term you wish to start your Msc.
Your next paragraph would be how I found out about the professor and his research work and any experience you have had in that area.
Your third (and advisably the final paragraph) should be about how your interests match and how it would be a honour to work with him if he has any opening for a MSc student.

Mind you, don't be disappointed if they do not reply you. You can try again some days later.
Best of luck.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by jaydave: 9:56pm On Sep 11, 2014
iluminati:

Newfoundland na dead zone. But if u like fish and aquatic animals like crayfish and so on them Newfoundland will be the best province for you cos you go chop fish tire as everywhere is full of water there.
lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tnuola(f): 9:57pm On Sep 11, 2014
WESTERNCR:

Wow.... Can't be anything lesser? May be I rather stick with George Brown College

I doubt it but you can confirm from the school.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Lonewolf001: 10:30pm On Sep 11, 2014
pchax:

I guess I can add my 2 cents based on what I did. The first thing you need to know is that these professors receive dozens of emails every day so make it as brief and catching as possible starting from your subject. Some professors state what subject the mail must be so carefully check the profile of the professor if he has such a restriction. If not, something like "PROSPECTIVE MASTERS STUDENT IN [insert research area].

Your first paragraph should be about introducing yourself, where you schooled, GPA and course of study, and the term you wish to start your Msc.
Your next paragraph would be how I found out about the professor and his research work and any experience you have had in that area.
Your third (and advisably the final paragraph) should be about how your interests match and how it would be a honour to work with him if he has any opening for a MSc student.

Mind you, don't be disappointed if they do not reply you. You can try again some days later.
Best of luck.

thanx pchax for the info i really appreciate it ....... am almost done with a draft and i'll like you to take a look and vet it if its not too much trouble lemme know what you think. thanx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pchax: 11:25pm On Sep 11, 2014
Lonewolf001:

thanx pchax for the info i really appreciate it ....... am almost done with a draft and i'll like you to take a look and vet it if its not too much trouble lemme know what you think. thanx

You welcome bro. No problem at all. I am not really familiar with how messaging works on NL so just upload it to your dropbox or google drive and paste the link here so more experienced people can vet it to and others would learn. Don't forget to redact any personal details you don't want to be seen by the public.

Or you can just paste it here directly.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by akanni(m): 11:43pm On Sep 11, 2014
EaglesT: seriously?
with assistance on this thread, you don't need an agent except you really are not hands on and a bit lazy.
I can beat pchax's price, lol.try and go thru previous parts, maybe part 2and 3, you should have an idea and if after that you still lost, go get an agent.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by omitobi: 11:44pm On Sep 11, 2014
realone01: Check university of regina. Msc. Computer science co-op option

Thanks very much, i checked the university of Regina, they only offer that on undergraduate level, it is at Masters level that i want. Any idea on which one offers it?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by BaaleofMontreal: 12:44am On Sep 12, 2014
pchax:

I love research. My dream school was and is still UBC but non of their lecturers replied my email to discuss some research work. Since this Windsor prosfessor and I have been discussing research-related things for quite a while, and she asked me to apply, I decided a bird in hand is better than UBC in the forest (at least for masters level).

Yes, she agreed to give me funding but only for 3 months in summer. She has one annual summer research grant thingy. Do you think I should include that in my TRV application too?

YES! Include the funding in your trv app

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by BaaleofMontreal: 12:48am On Sep 12, 2014
famolino: MyCIC account expires next week. How do I go abt it (still waiting for medical call)? Online.

CIC account expire after application submission? Nah! It only expires if you've not paid and submitted your app

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by blink6(m): 2:50am On Sep 12, 2014
yomisley: pls house i apply to Mun for UG and i was asked if i have attended any post secondary school, i said yes but haven't finish my program yet, and they ask me to send transcript which is so annoying. getting the transcript takes lot of time, i even went to my school for transcript. they re just acting foolishly after mnaking payment that cant be returned, my problem is Mun confirmed my waec info, now waiting on the transcript from my skul. what can i do so they continue processing my application till they receive my transcript, also what will the skul require if they confirm your result and transcript. ...
if your plan is going to MUN to start afresh, you shundav stated that u attended a post secondary skool yet.

...And after confirming ur result n transcript, they'll accept u if you meet their requirement(s).
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by einsteino(m): 4:22am On Sep 12, 2014
pchax:

[s]Hello, here is my SOP in pdf format for MSc in Computer Science with research focus on Data Mining/Machine Learning.

Kindly note that I have been in correspondence (via mail) with a professor in that field for the past 5 months before I submitted my application. The professor had already accepted to take me as her student before I sent my application. Nevertheless, I hope it helps you.

Cheers![/s]

MODIFICATION: Apologies. I thought you were asking for SOP for admission.

it may not be of help to him but it is definitely of immense help to people like me. thanks alot
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by moanthony(m): 4:23am On Sep 12, 2014
I beg this people (I am really tempted to call them very stupid) have still not taken a final decision on my application despite the fact that my medical review has long been updated (over 2 weeks ago) and I passed. The school I am to resume at ends registration today. The embassy isn't even replying my enquiry emails. A friend who we got called for and did medicals together (he even applied through paper and resumes in January) got his approved about 2 weeks ago while nothing for me that applied online. What do you think is the problem? The most annoying bit is just that they don't reply emails. Right now I don't even know what to do, whether to just give up or keep waiting.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tnuola(f): 5:39am On Sep 12, 2014
pchax:

You welcome bro. No problem at all. I am not really familiar with how messaging works on NL so just upload it to your dropbox or google drive and paste the link here so more experienced people can vet it to and others would learn. Don't forget to redact any personal details you don't want to be seen by the public.

Or you can just paste it here directly.

Please o he shouldn't paste it here . He's not even done with it, what if someone steals his idea or the entire writeup?. Plagiarism is a big offense in canada . I've read on here about someone not getting admission into a school Cuz th school felt the sop was plagiarized. Click his moniker, his profile will come up you'll see send email to so so and so.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 6:44am On Sep 12, 2014
famolino:
Was it online or paper route..... And did he do the medicals at asaju eventually? I cud rmber u were asking whch of d hospitals r faster
paper application. 21st july. medical request from embassy 2nd September. He did d medical in Asaju 9th September.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by yomisley: 6:56am On Sep 12, 2014
thanks bro. i was just wondering when i got an email what have been doing since i wrote my waec, i had to tell them.
blink6:
if your plan is going to MUN to start afresh, you shundav stated that u attended a post secondary skool yet.

...And after confirming ur result n transcript, they'll accept u if you meet their requirement(s).
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Klinkiddy: 7:14am On Sep 12, 2014
moanthony: I beg this people (I am really tempted to call them very stupid) have still not taken a final decision on my application despite the fact that my medical review has long been updated (over 2 weeks ago) and I passed. The school I am to resume at ends registration today. The embassy isn't even replying my enquiry emails. A friend who we got called for and did medicals together (he even applied through paper and resumes in January) got his approved about 2 weeks ago while nothing for me that applied online. What do you think is the problem? The most annoying bit is just that they don't reply emails. Right now I don't even know what to do, whether to just give up or keep waiting.
Thats Canada for u bro, I also shared my testimony lastweek wednesday that i received a mail from CIC that my visa as been approved but up till this moment, i haven't been called to collect my passport nd docs undecided and class already started Sept 8. So what should i do?
Lets just av faith in God, it will surely end in testimony wink.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by moanthony(m): 7:27am On Sep 12, 2014
Klinkiddy:
Thats Canada for u bro, I also shared my testimony lastweek wednesday that i received a mail from CIC that my visa as been approved but up till this moment, i haven't been called to collect my passport nd docs undecided and class already started Sept 8. So what should i do?
Well I can only keep hoping. My main concern is the challenge I will face with settling down in a new environment while at the same time trying catch up on the number of classes I have and will miss.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by akosh005: 7:44am On Sep 12, 2014
Klinkiddy:

Was it online or paper route bro.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by realone01(m): 7:59am On Sep 12, 2014
Am going for Msc. Computer science co-op option at university of regina,I think u shld check very well
omitobi:

Thanks very much, i checked the university of Regina, they only offer that on undergraduate level, it is at Masters level that i want. Any idea on which one offers it?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Klinkiddy: 8:17am On Sep 12, 2014
moanthony:
Well I can only keep hoping. My main concern is the challenge I will face with settling down in a new environment while at the same time trying catch up on the number of classes I have and will miss.
Well i understand ur plight, but as for me as i'm already thinking of deferring my admission till nxt yr sept, cox its a post graduate cert program and it only start every sept of each yr... Moreso, the school requires 90% of class attendance to graduate from d program And its a 9month course...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Klinkiddy: 8:21am On Sep 12, 2014
akosh005:

Was it online or paper route bro.

Paper route bro...
Applied: july 18
Med call: August 20
Med done: August 25
App approved: Sep 3.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by akosh005: 8:33am On Sep 12, 2014
Klinkiddy:

Paper route bro...
Applied: july 18
Med call: August 20
Med done: August 25
App approved: Sep 3.

Gud, has ur document be despatch 4rm Ghana to vfs office in Lagos when u track it

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (501)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.