Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,387 members, 7,846,633 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (143) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (833759 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by dulux07(m): 5:46pm On Sep 13, 2014
Holmes007:

Has ur bro gone thru any higher institution and completed NYSC? And his he going for ungrad or postgrad?
yeah, he graduated (B.Sc)2012 and completed his NYSC oct 2013, he is going for a Pgd
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by MrArams: 5:56pm On Sep 13, 2014
sidnigga: House pls what's d diff btw letter of sponsorship and affidavit of sponsorship..... I thought if d letter is stamped by a notary public it wud serve both purpose

Based on past experience on this thread, affidavit of sponsorship and letter of sponsorship virtually serves the same purpose. There are usually more flexibility with a letter than an affidavit, so if ur sponsor want to expatiate on why he is sponsoring u then a notarised letter of sponsor can be used alone or added with an affidavit
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by MrArams: 6:02pm On Sep 13, 2014
effectplus:

@sidnigga...letter of sponsorship is written by whoever is sponsoring u,dnt forget dat all supporting doc. must be notarized. But d affidavit of sponsorship is a legal oath taken by ur sponsor in court to carter for ur upkeep..making it binding cheesy cheesy cheesy...she u get...Ogas in da house,abi I no get am....

bros no be all must be notarised. notaries are usually needed in cases where two or more parties are involved in the signing of a binding agreement to prove the authenticity of d signtures n docs

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by MrArams: 6:06pm On Sep 13, 2014
Cufs:

The survey plan proves otherwise, so I guess I won't include it again. I just hope my other documents will be ok. Nor be only to pray, I go do 40days fasting join sef, anything to chop TRV,.lol....thanks for the advice. grin

You've being well advised. Sorry that the big guns are not in the house to chip in their more experienced view
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holmes007: 6:11pm On Sep 13, 2014
dulux07:
yeah, he graduated (B.Sc)2012 and completed his NYSC oct 2013, he is going for a Pgd

Ok, he can actually put trader as current activity. When writing his SOP, he should not emphasize on his trading unless it has a link with his studies. I actually put maths tutor in my own app as current activity. Lol.(i now have my TRV)I had no job but i did IT in the past so i included that in the past employmnt section. I was also a teacher during my NYSC, i also inputed teacher under employment history.( i typed TEACHER, employer- NYSC Edo state and the name of the school i taught). No need to be anxious if there is reliable source of funds. All the best to your bro.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tweeny24: 7:14pm On Sep 13, 2014
Sorry house...want to ask a quick question
Can I use a declaration of age in place of birth certificate?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by akosh005: 7:30pm On Sep 13, 2014
tweeny24: Sorry house...want to ask a quick question
Can I use a declaration of age in place of birth certificate?

Bro, why sorry. The declaration of age was done in the court.......so take the stamp copy to national population council and get ur birth certificate. Is done within a day or two. Be happy

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tweeny24: 7:46pm On Sep 13, 2014
akosh005:
Bro, why sorry. The declaration of age was done in the court.......so take the stamp copy to national population council and get ur birth certificate. Is done within a day or two. Be happy

It's not for me...its for my siblings for family information
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by dulux07(m): 7:53pm On Sep 13, 2014
Holmes007:

Ok, he can actually put trader as current activity. When writing his SOP, he should not emphasize on his trading unless it has a link with his studies. I actually put maths tutor in my own app as current activity. Lol.(i now have my TRV)I had no job but i did IT in the past so i included that in the past employmnt section. I was also a teacher during my NYSC, i also inputed teacher under employment history.( i typed TEACHER, employer- NYSC Edo state and the name of the school i taught). No need to be anxious if there is reliable source of funds. All the best to your bro.
thanks man, i really appreciate.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by akosh005: 7:59pm On Sep 13, 2014
tweeny24:

It's not for me...its for my siblings for family information
Same procedure. But is not compulsory u include it in ur document. I stand to be corrected
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tweeny24: 8:07pm On Sep 13, 2014
akosh005:
Same procedure. But is not compulsory u include it in ur document. I stand to be corrected
akosh005:

Thanks bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by lovesavvi: 9:06pm On Sep 13, 2014
At all , which one do u advice now paper route or online route?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 9:08pm On Sep 13, 2014
Hello guys,

Nice to see the progress thus far on the thread. Just want to contribute the little that I can.

I was wondering;
Have you guys heard about the Masters in Global Business program that University of Victoria offers?

It's a great program that gives you the opportunity to study in three different parts of the world. North America (Canada), Europe and Asia. At the end of the program, there is a global internship where you can work in any part of the world besides your home country. I don't know what's more global than that.

One great feature as well is there is no GMAT required. There are two entry points; January and September.

Quick one;
University of Victoria is one of the best schools in Canada and the city of Victoria boasts one of the best weathers in the country. Check it out guys!

Xx

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by fxsly: 10:00pm On Sep 13, 2014
eddydestiny: Friends am about to submit my student permit visa.this is what i have gathered and ready to fire.
1Admission letter from the school.Niagara College PGD
2Part payment fees of 7,586.30 at of 14,291.00
3BSC Certificate.
4Transcript of my BSC
5Prof.Certificate IPM.Nigeria institute of Public Management.
6Latter from my work place stating study leave with pay through out my period of stay in Canada
7Pay-Slip of 3months.
8SOA self 3.7 million.
I have seen someone applying to same schol with me. Am still expectimg to hear from niagara. Did they consider 2.1 gp for pgd?
9NPC certificate
10Landed property bought last 2 years.
11 normal form from CIC plus my olevel
12SOP 2page.
if any thing to add please comment.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by fxsly: 10:07pm On Sep 13, 2014
eddydestiny: Friends am about to submit my student permit visa.this is what i have gathered and ready to fire.
1Admission letter from the school.Niagara College PGD
2Part payment fees of 7,586.30 at of 14,291.00
3BSC Certificate.
4Transcript of my BSC
5Prof.Certificate IPM.Nigeria institute of Public Management.
6Latter from my work place stating study leave with pay through out my period of stay in Canada
7Pay-Slip of 3months.
8SOA self 3.7 million.

I have seen someone applying to same schol with me. Am still expectimg to hear from niagara. Did they consider 2.1 gp for pgd?
9NPC certificate
10Landed property bought last 2 years.
11 normal form from CIC plus my olevel
12SOP 2page.
if any thing to add please comment.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by luvly3(f): 10:17pm On Sep 13, 2014
Holmes007:

No, he his not. It all depends on the Applicants case. For instance, i know some1 who submitted his app and stated on his app form that he sells cement locally. As in no record of sales! And he was called for medics, y because the sponsor has more than enough funds. If someone has been working for years or maybe has a family then ur SOA will definately go a long way. But a newly employed fellow with just scanty cash i wouldnt advice submission of SOA. Mind u land properties, estates, properties(cars) also count as personal assets and prove of finance. To me the applicant's story is were to start from. Not submission of SOA.

Like it's always said on ds thread what works for Mr A may not work for Mr B.... ...If the education gap is much it's better to include employment details n statement of acc.... if he can get his SOA I dnt see any reason why he can't add it to his app.....its left for the poster doh to decide if he wants to include it or not....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holmes007: 11:10pm On Sep 13, 2014
luvly3:

Like it's always said on ds thread what works for Mr A may not work for Mr B.... ...If the education gap is much it's better to include employment details n statement of acc.... if he can get his SOA I dnt see any reason why he can't add it to his app.....its left for the poster doh to decide if he wants to include it or not....

U r right, if the education gap is much then one should show proof of what they have being doing. But if the applicant is doing just a menial job that doesnt boost his financial status then he might just enter one chance by submitting his SOA meaning he will most likely fall under "personal assets and financial status, limited employment in ur country of residence" rejection even if he has a credible sponsor. All i am saying with the little i have seen is that people employed with very low source of income can show proof of employment but not compulsory they submit their SOA. I think they should rather submit landed docs, car docs, estates, tenanmnt agremnt, C.OF.O e.t.c as home ties, personal asset. But then again, it is the applicant's choice.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by efiboi(m): 11:33pm On Sep 13, 2014
Hello homies in the house i need ur help and answer to this. pls, I have this to say.
A friend of mine invited me over to Canada. The date is supposed to last 15Agust - 22September 2014. I applied for the visa 21July 2014. I was informed that the processing if the Visa will take 30 - 40 working days. And now, the 40 working days has expired I neither heard from them nor got my Visa. The question now is why the delay? ........am confused!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pyhz: 11:38pm On Sep 13, 2014
Hello evryone, pls who have gt kjbobo email?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by awe2015(f): 2:02am On Sep 14, 2014
Hello fellow nairalanders... Please must i include my sponsor's international passport? I have his statement of account, tax docs, affidavit and letter of sponsorship, and his landed properties... btw, he is an uncle. Please slimdel, amefrica, abeg, make una join mouth for this one!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 4:32am On Sep 14, 2014
awe2015: Hello fellow nairalanders... Please must i include my sponsor's international passport? I have his statement of account, tax docs, affidavit and letter of sponsorship, and his landed properties... btw, he is an uncle. Please slimdel, amefrica, abeg, make una join mouth for this one!

It ain't necessary! You're good. smiley

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by eddydestiny: 6:19am On Sep 14, 2014
[quote author=fxsly][/quote]

@fxsly did you apply to Niagara college very nice school when did you apply to the school?what you need do just mail the admission officer Lind hales she we reply you.for the cgpa i apply same school for my friend with 3rd class but they denial him admission well just believe and try your luck am2.7cgpa.keep in contact wirh me k.are you self sponsor?or you have some one.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by moanthony(m): 6:50am On Sep 14, 2014
lovesavvi: At all , which one do u advice now paper route or online route?
normally online route is perceived to be beta and faster but with wat is happening to me and a fellow member on this forum, I would advise paper route.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by degreat11(m): 8:28am On Sep 14, 2014
Holmes007:

you just the nail on the head no need to be anxious provided u are well funded. Add any docs that will add value to ur apps and refuse any controversial ones. remember we provide SOP. landed properties, employee letters etc. to add value to our applications. but the key ones are SOA, Proof of Sponsors income. admission letters. and the two forms
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by degreat11(m): 8:38am On Sep 14, 2014
akosh005:

if u av the time and resources no probs, but it doesn't hold weight coz they are not the ones applying u are.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by degreat11(m): 8:41am On Sep 14, 2014
moanthony:
normally online route is perceived to be beta and faster but with wat is happening to me and a fellow member on this forum, I would advise paper route.

Both are faster now. paper route via Accra takes 9 weeks. Thru Lagos takes approximately 21 weeks may be lower though, online route have no specific time limit though might range from 3 weeks to 21 weeks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Jaydenehis: 8:57am On Sep 14, 2014
stuhporh: Hello HoUSE,
Please i need advice on my "about to" submit application.

Am applying for PG
Admitted to humber college
I have paid tuition in full, and i have the receipt
I have been working for four years
course of study is in the area i have worked for past 4 years.
My MUM is sponsor(, i paid the tuition myself.), she is the founder of a church, a branch in Lekki and ibadan although she has sponsored all my 4 siblings outside the country for their studies, including my sis in canada, ( Just that money no dey rest again as it used to at this time wey i wan go, and i cant wait for her to gather as man don dey old)
I have collected the following docs,
SPONSORS DOCS
Sponsors introduction of applicant letter, sponsor SOA, letter of intro from sponsors bank, letter of intro from the church for the sponsor, Shares Certificate, Evaluation document of of sponsor property(house), change of name evidence, CHURCH CAC document.

APPLICANT DOCUMENT (MYSELF)
Certificates, payslip, salary account SOA (Balance is 150k, but the credit that has gone through my account in past 6 months is 5.6m)), Letter of intro from employer, leave of absence approval letter, stating my salary will be paid every month till end of my study leave, tuition receipt, statement of intent.

My major concern is that the closing balance on my mums account is 2m, I NEED EVERYONE ADVICE IF AM GOOD TO GO OR AM I MISSING SOMETHING OUT? I will appreciate everyone's contribution

Please I need your urgent answers house. good morning...
I am about to submit my visa application but I have some issues bothering me; I got admission to do a diploma program in business in alberta and I have paid the $1500cad deposit as required by the school. All my documents are ready:
1. Sponsor's letter on his letter headed paper(my dad is a top government official at the highest level of his career)
2. Sponsor's affidavit of sponsorship
3. Sponsor's data page
4. Bank statement from two banks showing good activity on the account but total closing balance of 10 million Naira
5. Fixed deposit of 13 million Naira
6. He stated that he is responsible for all my expenses and that of my husband and baby( he included that he wants them to accompany me because my baby is just 7 months old and so my husband is to assist me to ensure the child doesn't lack parental love and care)

I on my own part included;
1. Appointment letter from where I work
2. My bank statement balance 1.7m but activity for the 6 months was up to 5million Naira
3. Data pages and pages showing previous visas to uk and us
4. Academic certificate including master's degree in law from uk
5. Birth cert
6.marriage cert
7. Family photographs including the one taken with my dad
8. My landed prop deed of agreement and survey( bought in my name by my mum over 20years ago)

My husband included:
1. Data page
2. Uk visa page
3. Land papers(deed of agreement and letter from seller which he used to get the letter from our traditional ruler years ago)

Please we are confused on whether to declare that my husband has a government job because we do not want the office to be aware of our plans yet and so cannot get letter of leave of absence from them yet. Also, I was told I can't get the visa with a diploma since I already have a masters degree(said it is suspicious). I have an offer from a university offering PGD but will have to pay $9000cAD before I can get the letter for my visa admission and once paid I can only get 50% back except ones visa is denied and the truth is I prefer the school at alberta because I actually want to go for nursing on arrival.
Can I state that my husband is a librarian at a school instead of stating his real job because I will be able to get a letter permitting him to go for leave of absence this way.

Please,I beg you guys for quick and honest answers and appreciate all those who take out time to answer us here. Favor will always locate you all in Jesus name,amen
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by sidnigga: 9:40am On Sep 14, 2014
To those alrdy in canny. Can one change his mode of study to part time upon arrival in canny or during registration at sch without affecting his study permit terms
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by chiahmakar: 10:06am On Sep 14, 2014
doubt if its possible
sidnigga: To those alrdy in canny. Can one change his mode of study to part time upon arrival in canny or during registration at sch without affecting his study permit terms
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holmes007: 10:08am On Sep 14, 2014
efiboi: Hello homies in the house i need ur help and answer to this. pls, I have this to say.
A friend of mine invited me over to Canada. The date is supposed to last 15Agust - 22September 2014. I applied for the visa 21July 2014. I was informed that the processing if the Visa will take 30 - 40 working days. And now, the 40 working days has expired I neither heard from them nor got my Visa. The question now is why the delay? ........am confused!

Send them an email. Pls, dont forget to include all ur info on the email. Since the processing time has passed they will respond, hopefully.
Send email to lagos@international.gc.ca, if ur passport is being processed in lagos and
ACCRAIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca, if processed in Ghana.
Good luck.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holmes007: 10:28am On Sep 14, 2014
Jaydenehis:

Please I need your urgent answers house. good morning...
I am about to submit my visa application but I have some issues bothering me; I got admission to do a diploma program in business in alberta and I have paid the $1500cad deposit as required by the school. All my documents are ready:
1. Sponsor's letter on his letter headed paper(my dad is a top government official at the highest level of his career)
2. Sponsor's affidavit of sponsorship
3. Sponsor's data page
4. Bank statement from two banks showing good activity on the account but total closing balance of 10 million Naira
5. Fixed deposit of 13 million Naira
6. He stated that he is responsible for all my expenses and that of my husband and baby( he included that he wants them to accompany me because my baby is just 7 months old and so my husband is to assist me to ensure the child doesn't lack parental love and care)

I on my own part included;
1. Appointment letter from where I work
2. My bank statement balance 1.7m but activity for the 6 months was up to 5million Naira
3. Data pages and pages showing previous visas to uk and us
4. Academic certificate including master's degree in law from uk
5. Birth cert
6.marriage cert
7. Family photographs including the one taken with my dad
8. My landed prop deed of agreement and survey( bought in my name by my mum over 20years ago)

My husband included:
1. Data page
2. Uk visa page
3. Land papers(deed of agreement and letter from seller which he used to get the letter from our traditional ruler years ago)

Please we are confused on whether to declare that my husband has a government job because we do not want the office to be aware of our plans yet and so cannot get letter of leave of absence from them yet. Also, I was told I can't get the visa with a diploma since I already have a masters degree(said it is suspicious). I have an offer from a university offering PGD but will have to pay $9000cAD before I can get the letter for my visa admission and once paid I can only get 50% back except ones visa is denied and the truth is I prefer the school at alberta because I actually want to go for nursing on arrival.
Can I state that my husband is a librarian at a school instead of stating his real job because I will be able to get a letter permitting him to go for leave of absence this way.

Please,I beg you guys for quick and honest answers and appreciate all those who take out time to answer us here. Favor will always locate you all in Jesus name,amen

Lets assume i am the VO. I would appreciate it if u answer my following questions.

1) why switch career now and y nursing?

2) what is wrong with the nursing school in ur country of residence (Nigeria). Y not study in Nigeria?

3)what have u done in the past (with evidence) that relates to nursing?

4) Now that all ur family is following to canada, what would bring u back(u can sell ur assets from canada) to Nigeria.

Yes, going for a lesser degree after Masters aint a good idea but there are exceptions and in other to be exceptional u must cover all loop holes.

Technically, u obviously have funds which means ur immediate family can accompany you. Pls answer the above questions, then, we can move on from there.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Joshcoli(m): 10:58am On Sep 14, 2014
Cufs: Ok ooh, it's me again with my funny questions.

Some people have advised against me using the deed of gift(landed property) from my dad which is dated 1st September 2014, as it may seem suspicious the VO. But then, that's the only solid tie to nija I have to present, aside letter from my employer that I will come back and work for them.

What do I do? Should I leave it out of this application?

Hi
Please can you send me the draft letter from your employee stating that you will come back and work for them. This is my email Gentlejosh@live.com

Regards

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (501)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.