Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,962 members, 7,835,207 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (164) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (830506 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by degreat11(m): 8:07am On Sep 20, 2014
standupguy:

I just hope I havent made a mistake.
I have been offered admission since June by conestoga but I was waiting on SAIT for an admision for petroleum engineering both for winter start.
After a call to SAIT today with no positive outcome, I have decided to pay conestoga tuition and apply with it.

I just hope I am not late hopefully 3 months wil be enough.

u are not late for winter TRV application, my advice would be for u to pay just the acceptance fee of conestonga if any and apply with it while waiting for your admission from SAIT.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Oyeleye2011(m): 8:32am On Sep 20, 2014
In the land of no family, God raise a canadian family to help his son. Got apartment and job same day after one week of arriving canada. Thank God and thanks again to all people in this forum that make my coming here reality. Kelowna is beautiful city and small city. Black are few here. Only five nigerian in my school. Kelowna is a city to start lifes. Easy to navigate. Plenty job everywhere.

17 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by mrnilobrawn: 8:42am On Sep 20, 2014
Oyeleye2011: In the land of no family, God raise a canadian family to help his son. Got apartment and job same day after one week of arriving canada. Thank God and thanks again to all people in this forum that make my coming here reality. Kelowna is beautiful city and small city. Black are few here. Only five nigerian in my school. Kelowna is a city to start lifes. Easy to navigate. Plenty job everywhere.
Congratz, am Happy U
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by trekstar(m): 8:45am On Sep 20, 2014
famolino:
Congrats bro..... More good news to follow. Pls, kindly list the documents u submitted in ur 1st application and what u added to the second app. Thanks.

My 1st application i was a novice, i just gave exactly what they requested

statement of account Current account 200,000, Savings account 1.6m, fixed deposit 5.5m, evidence of payment of 25,000 dollars to school towards tuition
payslips
employment letter
promotion letter
acceptance letter from school
my recent passport

refusal reason was purpose of visit.

after following the thread i knew my issues.
my initial degree was in microbiology and i was applying for HR. though i have been working in HR for over 8 years

new application
same documents as listed above with the following additions

1. Pension account statement 3.5m
2. All my old passports to show all my travel history
3. My CV to show my HR career
4. 1 page covering note to explain my change in course and why i want to go for the masters in Canada
5. my marriage certificate
6. my wife's passport data page and change of name document
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by trekstar(m): 8:47am On Sep 20, 2014
tnuola:

Congratulations... Trv all the way

thanks dear

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Oyeleye2011(m): 8:52am On Sep 20, 2014
mrnilobrawn:
Congratz nd am Happy U

Thanks. Goodnite
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by SURGEE(m): 8:57am On Sep 20, 2014
www.civil.engineering.ualberta.ca/en/NewsEvents/Civil%20and%20Environmental%20Engineering%20News/2014/September/EzulikereceivesCanadasmostprestigiousscholarship.aspx
doing naija proud. am on my way to do the same bro. *smile *

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by mrnilobrawn: 8:59am On Sep 20, 2014
Oyeleye2011:

Thanks. Goodnite
Lol...goodnight to u...good morning to me
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by modskiller(m): 9:07am On Sep 20, 2014
Habeeb521: . Amen oo cus I can't even wait to level this country cus spirit is already their am jus empty here in Nigeria and that is why I have been making several mistakes. Cus am not ONE In a whole
name sake, you self too dey fall my hand.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by modskiller(m): 9:26am On Sep 20, 2014
Oyeleye2011: In the land of no family, God raise a canadian family to help his son. Got apartment and job same day after one week of arriving canada. Thank God and thanks again to all people in this forum that make my coming here reality. Kelowna is beautiful city and small city. Black are few here. Only five nigerian in my school. Kelowna is a city to start lifes. Easy to navigate. Plenty job everywhere.
which school be that abeg?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holmes007: 9:31am On Sep 20, 2014
Habeeb521: . Amen oo cus I can't even wait to level this country cus spirit is already their am jus empty here in Nigeria and that is why I have been making several mistakes. Cus am not ONE In a whole

(Cus am not ONE In a whole) lmao. It is well my broda
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holmes007: 9:42am On Sep 20, 2014
standupguy:

I just hope I havent made a mistake.
I have been offered admission since June by conestoga but I was waiting on SAIT for an admision for petroleum engineering both for winter start.
After a call to SAIT today with no positive outcome, I have decided to pay conestoga tuition and apply with it.

I just hope I am not late hopefully 3 months wil be enough.

Bro, i bliv u can still make the Jan start date if u apply b4 Oct ending. Dont be sad cuz one school dulled, arrange ur visa App and act on faith. Ur TRV is just right ther waiting for u. All the best.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 9:43am On Sep 20, 2014
standupguy:

That is what I did when I had my application moved for winter 2015, i applied on the day the application started, 1 Aug. That is after being on the waitlist since feb.

I know i have a greater chance to be offered a sit this time but I can't keep waiting while the CIC time closes really fast.
It's almost 7weeks since my application, and they still can't guarantee me anything.
I will just apply with Conestoga, then change School if I am offered a seat later at SAIT.
I am just upset that I should have done this earlier, just hoping the CIC won't ask why didn't apply since June I was offered the admission.
It is well. You really exercised a lot of patience. Better not to put all eggs in one basket. You have a good back up plan.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by larrswag(m): 10:04am On Sep 20, 2014
hello my fellow countrymen i've been silently following this trend for quite a long time,and altogether waiting for the day that i'll go and collect my document from the VFS global office.now i've done that. so this is my problem i used my family friend as a sponsor,he is a businessman and has 16 million in his account , which i submitted together with the original copy of his certificate of incoporation,sponsorship letter and letter from the bank but still i was denied because of fund and this is my first time and i manage to package it by myself . please guyz i want to apply again for next year fall 2015 and i really need your help on how to package my application, especially fund if the person you are using is not related to you. please Amefrika abeg mak u na help me ooo! cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by matic12: 10:08am On Sep 20, 2014
@ Omonjoe; i'll definitely send to your email, the SOP i used to win the heart of my supervisor at USask before midnight. Expecting you to put some touches into it.

Favor shall be yours in Christ peerless name.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 10:18am On Sep 20, 2014
matic12: @ Omonjoe;
i'll definitely send to your email, the SOP i used to win the heart of
my supervisor at USask before midnight. Expecting you to put some
touches into it.

I PM you sir..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by matic12: 10:24am On Sep 20, 2014
@ Optimall,
Thank you for the reception. Am actually held spell bounded to have someone who is already in USask, and at the same time; doing a program tantamont to my intended program.

Please kingly endure alittle bit; as am still battling with how to direct a message on NL to specified people.

Am actually NEW to Nairaland, generally.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by standupguy(m): 10:42am On Sep 20, 2014
Holmes007:

Bro, i bliv u can still make the Jan start date if u apply b4 Oct ending. Dont be sad cuz one school dulled, arrange ur visa App and act on faith. Ur TRV is just right ther waiting for u. All the best.

Amen brother.
I have all my docs ready, just o pay tuition
And apply
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by matic12: 10:47am On Sep 20, 2014
@Dfodio

Thank you for the reception. Am
actually held spell bounded to have
someone who is already in USask, and
at the same time; doing a program
tantamont to my intended program.
Please kingly endure alittle bit; as am
still battling with how to direct a
message on NL to specified people.
Am actually NEW to Nairaland,
generally.

Am sorry OPTIMALL; the message was actually meant for Dfodio. However i got your message. Bless you 'Ma
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by SURGEE(m): 11:27am On Sep 20, 2014
matic12: @ Omonjoe; i'll definitely send to your email, the SOP i used to win the heart of my supervisor at USask before midnight. Expecting you to put some touches into it.

my oga, abeg can you send me as well. I am strongly considering applying to MUN before Nov. thanks
just sent a PM
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by DebohBaron(m): 11:35am On Sep 20, 2014
Please how long does it take to get a reply/feedback on your cic account after sending ur student permit application via online??
Like how many weeks??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by SURGEE(m): 11:38am On Sep 20, 2014
my ogas o, is it possible to change uni on getting to Canada for a graduate program. I am stuck between MUN n UoA. from my searches, I discover that there are a lot of opportunities for civil engineers in Alberta compared to NFL. so, could it be possible to have a year of study in MUN and then move to UoA for degree completion, consequent on job prospects and obtaining PR.
pls what's your take on this, as we all know that Alberta as a booming economy at present?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by SURGEE(m): 11:39am On Sep 20, 2014
my ogas o, is it possible to change uni on getting to Canada for a graduate program. I am stuck between MUN n UoA. from my searches, I discover that there are a lot of opportunities for civil engineers in Alberta compared to NFL. so, could it be possible to have a year of study in MUN and then move to UoA for degree completion, consequent on job prospects and obtaining PR.
pls what's your take on this, as we all know that Alberta has a booming economy at present?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by akosh005: 11:42am On Sep 20, 2014
DebohBaron: Please how long does it take to get a reply/feedback on your cic account after sending ur student permit application via online??
Like how many weeks??

No actual time because different case varies but I believe from 4th week, u can start checking 4 ur medical. All is well

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holmes007: 11:47am On Sep 20, 2014
larrswag: hello my fellow countrymen i've been silently following this trend for quite a long time,and altogether waiting for the day that i'll go and collect my document from the VFS global office.now i've done that. so this is my problem i used my family friend as a sponsor,he is a businessman and has 16 million in his account , which i submitted together with the original copy of his certificate of incoporation,sponsorship letter and letter from the bank but still i was denied because of fund and this is my first time and i manage to package it by myself . please guyz i want to apply again for next year fall 2015 and i really need your help on how to package my application, especially fund if the person you are using is not related to you.

Sorry about the delay, i used my father's friend for my App as well and it was successful though i included my mum as co-sponsor. I will like to ask a few questions just to know what went wrong.

1) did the letter of sponsorship state clearly that ur sponsor will be fully responsible for ur well-being in Canada which includes the following but not limited to tuition payments, feeding and accomodation?

2) did he/she state his/her dependants and assets in the letter? And also show proof?

3) did u show any proof of friendship ur sponsor has with ur family, did u submit any photos u and ur family took with ur sponsor?

4) if applicable, did u submit proof of academic sponsorship in the past?

5) did u submit any prop docs belonging to either u or ur parents?

6) although its not mandatory, as a sign commitment and seriousness, did ur sponsor deposit an amount or make full tuition payments?

If u can answer the above questions, we might be able to know where the issue came from.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:54am On Sep 20, 2014
trekstar:

statement of account Current account 200,000, Savings account 1.6m, fixed deposit 5.5m, evidence of payment of 25,000 dollars to school towards tuition
payslips
employment letter
promotion letter
my recent passport

my initial degree was in microbiology and i was applying for HR. though i have been working in HR for over 8 years

new application

4. 1 page covering note to explain my change in course and why i want to go for the masters in Canada
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:54am On Sep 20, 2014
trekstar:

payslips
employment letter
promotion letter
my recent passport

new application

/////
Bros this ur post fear me small, but no shaking, make we see....I av a degree in microbiology, going for pgd in HR

Well, I think and hope u get ur trv this time...all d best
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by P406: 11:58am On Sep 20, 2014
Hello guys, i have a question and anyone with answers please kindly provide.

For a visiting visa what is the duration of time that one could get as a first time

applicant to Canada. Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by matic12: 12:13pm On Sep 20, 2014
@ omonjoe,

I've sent to your email, the text/sop that i used in WINNING the heart of my supervisor.

please, kindly get me posted if you have successfully gotten my mail.

Notwithstanding the tone of this text, i wish you the best in search of a supervisor.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by trekstar(m): 12:14pm On Sep 20, 2014
yomiraheem:

/////
Bros this ur post fear me small, but no shaking, make we see....I av a degree in microbiology, going for pgd in HR

Well, I think and hope u get ur trv this time...all d best

Thanks bro

i guess the VO tire for me 2 that is why they sent the medical request grin

anyways all the best, everything is possible with packaging and Faith in the almighty
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by matic12: 12:19pm On Sep 20, 2014
@ Surgee;
@ Optimall;

I'v replied your PM'S.

@Surgee, how will i send you a copy? Your email wasn't disclosed. Am i just to reply to the received email, or i will be notified about how to communicate with you?

Am sorry; kind of not used to chatty communication means.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by beejaybrave(m): 12:47pm On Sep 20, 2014
In the bid to re-fire for my permit after the initial delay I am submitting the following docs(going for the online route), strong men and women in da ause pls help vet!
***VO docs***
1. Study permit application form
2. Family information form
3. Study permit questionnaire
4. Digital passport photograph
5. Intl passport biodata page

***Finance docs***
(Sponsor na my papa)
1. Sponsor's letter
2 SOA of sponsor [21M]
3. Bank's reference letter
4. Docs to verify he's a pensioner
5. Property docs to depict current current engagement(real estate)
6. My own SOA [1.4M...opening ball 450k]

***School Docs***
1. Admission letter
2. Tuition invoice(payment undergoing processing)

***Explanation Docs***
1. SOP (1 page)
2. Work appointment letter
3. Leave letter
4. Introduction letter 4rm employer
5. Police character report
6. Birth cert
7. Academic credentials(institution statement of result, transcripts n O'level results)
8. NYSC cert
9. Siblings birth cert
10. Parents n marriage cert

Abeg o...wetin I no remember add o
God bless us all!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (501)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.