Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,319 members, 7,850,142 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:03 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (163) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (834828 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Joe980: 11:16pm On Sep 19, 2014
@Kabosky1956...are you sure there wasn't further instruction you failed to address?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holu26: 11:17pm On Sep 19, 2014
Joe980: Did you declare having HND in your application?

Yes
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Joe980: 11:21pm On Sep 19, 2014
Holu26:

Yes
That's a pointer to "purpose of visit". No SOP to tell them why you prefer going for another undergraduate degree. Basically, your academic has to be progressive. PGD, MSc should have bn the thing.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tnuola(f): 11:24pm On Sep 19, 2014
Holu26:

I didn't write SOP and this is my 1st undergraduate. I had HND

Hmmmn the HND might have been the problem,did u declare it in the app? If you didn't , were you able to explain the gap Asper what you've been doing since your ssce?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tnuola(f): 11:25pm On Sep 19, 2014
Joe980: That's a pointer to "purpose of visit". No SOP to tell them why you prefer going for another undergraduate degree. Basically, your academic has to be progressive. PGD, MSc should have bn the thing.

Exactly
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tnuola(f): 11:30pm On Sep 19, 2014
Holu26:

Yes

You should have written a statement of purpose addressing why you want to take a bsc when you already have an HND, its benefit to your home country etc
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holu26: 11:30pm On Sep 19, 2014
Joe980: That's a pointer to "purpose of visit". No SOP to tell them why you prefer going for another undergraduate degree. Basically, your academic has to be progressive. PGD, MSc should have bn the thing.

*sigh*

Thanks for the exposure.

What can I do now?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Kabosky1956(f): 11:31pm On Sep 19, 2014
All issues were addressed..the reasons they gave were: insufficient financial resources to pay tuition/living expenses.
So,was wondering if sponsor's financial statements are improved&full tuition is paid-would it make a positive impact for a re-application...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holu26: 11:38pm On Sep 19, 2014
tnuola:

You should have written a statement of purpose addressing why you want to take a bsc when you already have an HND, its benefit to your home country etc

*sigh*. thanks

I am going to write SOP in my next application.
How do I resolve other reasons they gave
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Joe980: 11:40pm On Sep 19, 2014
Kabosky1956: All issues were addressed..the reasons they gave were: insufficient financial resources to pay tuition/living expenses.
So,was wondering if sponsor's financial statements are improved&full tuition is paid-would it make a positive impact for a re-application...
It would...was trying to figure "cancelling an approved visa". That was why I asked.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tnuola(f): 11:42pm On Sep 19, 2014
Holu26:

*sigh*. thanks

Please do hold on for other people to contribute sha, I'm still a learner here.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holu26: 11:44pm On Sep 19, 2014
tnuola:

Please do hold on for other people to contribute sha, I'm still a learner here.

Thanks for your time and input
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Joe980: 11:45pm On Sep 19, 2014
Holu26:

*sigh*. thanks

When did you grad...any gap/employed?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by MrArams: 11:56pm On Sep 19, 2014
VickyRotex: Wow... Thats good... I want to apply to University of Concordia, but the closing date for May is october 15th and my school said its gonna take atleast a month to get my transcript forwared to the school, so am worried, can i start the application without the transcript? Besides, is it compulsory my school sends it to them, cant i attach the student copy and send to the school myself?
Thanks...

Sorry ma'am. am not too familiar with Uni of Concordia's admission process buh based on experiences from other school it's possible for your transcript to arrive at a later date provided you've completed the online process and paid the app fee. Contact the grad school sec or your program sec to be certain thou
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Holu26: 12:03am On Sep 20, 2014
Joe980: When did you grad...any gap/employed?

I stop working in dec 2013. I av been self employed ever since then
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by double08(m): 12:20am On Sep 20, 2014
Kabosky1956: Hello friends....i have been a fervent follower of this forum and have greatly been informed and keyed into the testimonies of your guys.
Please kindly help me out with some concerns:
I applied for a a Study visa after been admitted to run a PGD program with George Brown College,Toronto for the September 2014 semester,applied through the paper route( April 9th-Biometrics,May 10th- Medicals, May 23rd- Letter of Approval sent, July 3rd- Went to get my passport@VFS Oregun but to my dismay,on the stamped&approved visa-it was cancelled) with a letter stating REASONS OF:1. Insufficient financial resources to pay tuition and living expenses whilst not working during period of study). This is after paying my 1st semester fees of $7,550CAD.
And i deferred admission to January 2015 and arranging to re-apply again....Now i am about to pay the full tuition for the duration of study and also using my paternal uncle who is a Canadian citizen and my sponsor(used him previously) though this time he is boosting his bank statements,providing all his payslips,documents of proof of house ownership,letter of sponsorship stating that he is solely responsible for my upkeep,accomodation and living expenses as he also resides in Toronto.
Please friends,kindly advise if this will erase the 1st cancellation and if its presentable enough 2. Is 1st week of October too late for re-applying as my medical seems to still be valid...your advise will be deeply appreciated. God bless you

Let me get something straight. They cancelled the visa after they have approved it? Can't begin to imagine how disappointed you were.

How much was in the account statement before?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Habeeb521(m): 12:27am On Sep 20, 2014
sawyersam: @habeeb521, sorry for the stroking,was just having fun. We will all get our TRV in Jesus Name, Amen
. Amen oo cus I can't even wait to level this country cus spirit is already their am jus empty here in Nigeria and that is why I have been making several mistakes. Cus am not ONE In a whole
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 12:29am On Sep 20, 2014
matic12: Hello house.

I just joined this trend today, and i feel elated to have seen how things are been operated here.

My brothers/sisters in the house, & my "co - winter applicants"; i got admitted into Usask for an Msc program in Elect Engineering (conditonal admission, in request of my degree certificate which is NOT been conferred since UI havent scheduled our convocation ceremony. But i was privileged to be considered for registration till the certificate is been issued ) & at present, my student visa application is under review in the Canadian embassy, Accra.

All in embryo, i urge my fellow Jan applicants, awaiting medicals/trv to remain calm & steadfast in prayers.

Though, i got a research & teaching assistantship offer from my supervisor (totalling $16000 p.a); and a funding letter stating the offer, was submitted alongside other necessary documents when i sent my package via the paper route on the 24th of July.

Till this present moment, my status still reads "being processed".

Lets keep hoping for better weeks ahead. God will definately grant US our heart desires. AMEN.
HELLO MATIC SIR,WELCOME TO THE #SASKTEAM_we are glad to have you...
HALOO TO NAIRALANDERS...TO REALONE AND SNAPPY...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by warrikid(m): 12:35am On Sep 20, 2014
Kabosky1956: Hello friends....i have been a fervent follower of this forum and have greatly been informed and keyed into the testimonies of your guys.
Please kindly help me out with some concerns:
I applied for a a Study visa after been admitted to run a PGD program with George Brown College,Toronto for the September 2014 semester,applied through the paper route( April 9th-Biometrics,May 10th- Medicals, May 23rd- Letter of Approval sent, July 3rd- Went to get my passport@VFS Oregun but to my dismay,on the stamped&approved visa-it was cancelled) with a letter stating REASONS OF:1. Insufficient financial resources to pay tuition and living expenses whilst not working during period of study). This is after paying my 1st semester fees of $7,550CAD.
And i deferred admission to January 2015 and arranging to re-apply again....Now i am about to pay the full tuition for the duration of study and also using my paternal uncle who is a Canadian citizen and my sponsor(used him previously) though this time he is boosting his bank statements,providing all his payslips,documents of proof of house ownership,letter of sponsorship stating that he is solely responsible for my upkeep,accomodation and living expenses as he also resides in Toronto.
Please friends,kindly advise if this will erase the 1st cancellation and if its presentable enough 2. Is 1st week of October too late for re-applying as my medical seems to still be valid...your advise will be deeply appreciated. God bless you. Please guys,help a sister out with suggestions&advice!!!
if u have made the necessary revamping of ur app and ur documents are ready,then submit it ASAP. U don't have to wait till october. Also,on the CIC form,the "funds available for ur stay in canada" column is a tricky one as I have observed on here. Check how much u filled in before n confirm wit the Ogas in the House. #my2cents
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Kabosky1956(f): 12:41am On Sep 20, 2014
My dear,I was heart-broken&fell into depression for a long time. I didn't submit bank statements but Canadian tax income docs of over $80,000CAD..though I will this time.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Kabosky1956(f): 12:44am On Sep 20, 2014
That is also another confusing part that I need more light on: Room,Tuition,Board?? If I have made full tuition fees for the program,please how much do I need to set out for these ones&amount available for me?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kruxit: 12:47am On Sep 20, 2014
wonder where codebreaker disappeared to...av a grt wknd if u still dey NL wink
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 1:06am On Sep 20, 2014
Holu26:

I didn't write SOP and this is my 1st undergraduate. I had HND

Are you planning to do another 4years of undergraduate study? Why not talk to admissions and see if they can allow you do a top up degree? To the Visa Officer, he might not be convinced of your intentions.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by DFodio(m): 1:38am On Sep 20, 2014
matic12: Hello house.

I just joined this trend today, and i feel elated to have seen how things are been operated here.

My brothers/sisters in the house, & my "co - winter applicants"; i got admitted into Usask for an Msc program in Elect Engineering (conditonal admission, in request of my degree certificate which is NOT been conferred since UI havent scheduled our convocation ceremony. But i was privileged to be considered for registration till the certificate is been issued ) & at present, my student visa application is under review in the Canadian embassy, Accra.

All in embryo, i urge my fellow Jan applicants, awaiting medicals/trv to remain calm & steadfast in prayers.

Though, i got a research & teaching assistantship offer from my supervisor (totalling $16000 p.a); and a funding letter stating the offer, was submitted alongside other necessary documents when i sent my package via the paper route on the 24th of July.

Till this present moment, my status still reads "being processed".

Lets keep hoping for better weeks ahead. God will definately grant US our heart desires. AMEN.
Welcome to University of Saskatchewan. You've gotten your visa already by God's grace. Funny enough I'm currently doing my MSc program in Electrical Engineering. Hoping to meet you in January.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by standupguy(m): 1:42am On Sep 20, 2014
God go punish SAIT, can't say I wasn't warned. Bloody time wasters.
I am going to apply with my ready Conestoga college admission. For winter 2015
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ScGuy(m): 2:39am On Sep 20, 2014
Hello fam...Been awhile on here...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by standupguy(m): 2:42am On Sep 20, 2014
Holmes007:

Bro, pls if ur docs are ready sharply apply. U cant be too early! I am to start classes by Jan 2015, i applied July via paper and now i have my TRV.

I am beginning to feel like i should go soon maybe get a job b4 school starts since i have 3 months b4 start date. My pt, it is better to have ur TRV at hand dan expecting it to come at injury time.

I just hope I havent made a mistake.
I have been offered admission since June by conestoga but I was waiting on SAIT for an admision for petroleum engineering both for winter start.
After a call to SAIT today with no positive outcome, I have decided to pay conestoga tuition and apply with it.

I just hope I am not late hopefully 3 months wil be enough.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 3:22am On Sep 20, 2014
standupguy:

I just hope I havent made a mistake.
I have been offered admission since June by conestoga but I was waiting on SAIT for an admision for petroleum engineering both for winter start.
After a call to SAIT today with no positive outcome, I have decided to pay conestoga tuition and apply with it.

I just hope I am not late hopefully 3 months wil be enough.

SAIT and NAIT are very very very competitive....They usually have more applications than seats available. Imagine over 100 applications for a course that has seats for 15 students. So they usually consider applications from Citizens and PR as priority and leave few slots for foreign students. To anyone who may want to apply to sait or nait in the future, the trick is applying 12am midnight on the first day application opens so you get pushed to the top of the queue.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Omonjoe(m): 6:49am On Sep 20, 2014
matic12: @ omonjoe,
I am actually held confounded by what you meant by pre-qualification. But if my assumption is right, i will streamline it to mean the act by which your academic prerequisites/work experience are been reviewed. Although i wasn't instructed to fill such form, but I believe the basic step which is of paramount significance;especially if your intended program is research based, is to communicate with a Professor, whose research area OVERLAPS with your research interest. By getting a tentative acceptance from him, you can then go ahead with the application. But if you opt for M.Eng program i will have to call myself an illiterate in the basic admission requirements.

However, your CGPA is just one of the many criteria's a Professor will put into consideration. (Am not afraid to say your CGPA is okay cheesy). But what relevant work experience (like - Industrial attachment) have you engaged in, that commensurate with his research area.

In all, your chances of admission lies on "TENTATIVE ACCEPTANCE", else you have gotten excess money to spend on admission. Try to go through the departmental site my dear brother.

It's well in God's peerless name.
Tnx bro....I currently have over 3 years in FG Engineering research institute. sori i am going to ask u for a help dat sound lazy of me.....pls can u send me a mail sample to send to prospective supervisor? I am confused on how to start with d mail. pls send sample to ehikpehalejonathan@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tweeny24: 6:57am On Sep 20, 2014
Hrllo Nairalanders...To all the gurus in the house, am planning to submit my application next week via paper route.i have a question and will appreciate lots of answers..thanks in anticipation...
My tuition is $13977,i have paid $2600 out of it,i have a brother that schools in canada and am going to be staying with him...on the CIC form,under the amount of tuition box,can I deduct the $2600 that I have paid and write $11377 and also under the amount available for my stay in canada box,can write $20000 as that is the amount of money in the SOA I want to use and I can't get a co-sponsor...

Will be looking forward to hearing back from you guys..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by standupguy(m): 7:37am On Sep 20, 2014
saxywale:

SAIT and NAIT are very very very competitive....They usually have more applications than seats available. Imagine over 100 applications for a course that has seats for 15 students. So they usually consider applications from Citizens and PR as priority and leave few slots for foreign students. To anyone who may want to apply to sait or nait in the future, the trick is applying 12am midnight on the first day application opens so you get pushed to the top of the queue.

That is what I did when I had my application moved for winter 2015, i applied on the day the application started, 1 Aug. That is after being on the waitlist since feb.

I know i have a greater chance to be offered a sit this time but I can't keep waiting while the CIC time closes really fast.
It's almost 7weeks since my application, and they still can't guarantee me anything.
I will just apply with Conestoga, then change School if I am offered a seat later at SAIT.
I am just upset that I should have done this earlier, just hoping the CIC won't ask why didn't apply since June I was offered the admission.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by degreat11(m): 7:46am On Sep 20, 2014
Habeeb521: . Amen oo cus I can't even wait to level this country cus spirit is already their am jus empty here in Nigeria and that is why I have been making several mistakes. Cus am not ONE In a whole

Guy put urself together as far u are still in naija, u must coordinate urself. in applying for TRV u must be precise follow advice and nail the VO in every direction.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) ... (501)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.