Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,995 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (827353 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:18pm On Aug 17, 2014
vinnygod: Landed properties can serve both purposes that's as a home tie as well as a prove of financial support but when to tender it depends on d nature of application; if ya daddy ain't ya sponsor for crying out loud why would u submit it to me it makes ya application more complex except when u inherited it from ya daddy with ya name on d docx that's only when it will serve as a home tie definitely not as a prove of finance coz u ain't ya sponsor thou can serve as pof if u re acting as a co-sponsor.... Alwyz make ya application flexible it doesn't matter how many documents u submit but what msg does such doux pass to VO
Your too many abbreviations is confusing me, I agree with some and disagree with many, please what is pof, since u said it doesn't make sense to you, I ain't gonna talk much cause we are entitled to our opinion, but stop assuming the vos are always negative there are kind ones there, and let's not forget assets are among the checklist at least, they listed it in my checklist
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:20pm On Aug 17, 2014
Yeah! I'm more in line with Land/property is for Finance.. Cos Land docs for places like Abj and Places on the Island prove financial capability of the sponsor. Cos someone can sell land/property all the way from canada without being present. Shey are they not Nigerians that are the VOs?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:22pm On Aug 17, 2014
codebreaker: Yeah! I'm more in line with Land/property is for Finance.. Cos Land docs for places like Abj and Places on the Island prove financial capability of the sponsor. Cos someone can sell land/property all the way from canada without being present. Shey are they not Nigerians that are the VOs?
Not all vos are Nigerians
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:29pm On Aug 17, 2014
Slimdel:
Not all vos are Nigerians

Aii! .. But like I said.. Land/property can be sold from anywhere.. I just need to do my power of attorney as the norms. Infact! Someone in canny can even cash out there and then and forget all about Naija for life. It shows source of funds cos ba! These houses can also be rented out or sold off and be steady raking in money for someone in canny who has no intention of coming back and I see no home tying. (Ps: I have real estate experience)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kennycanny: 11:30pm On Aug 17, 2014
PlayPays:

I'm not here to argue, Only here to advice peeps with the little pieces I know. Canada doesn't do interview unless if required which means with every document you submit you're passing a message to your VO.
It was on here someone chop trv with just N1.5m soa but if anybody ask us we will all say it's too small. Every applicant case is different before a VO just as we all men have different fate. We all have different understanding if you think landed documents of someone who isn't your sponsor is okay in a app then good idea but I think otherwise doesn't mean mine it's bad idea.

Whether u like it or not, adding your dad's assets to your application whether he his the sponsor or not will be an added advantage!

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by vinnygod: 11:30pm On Aug 17, 2014
Slimdel:
Your too many abbreviations is confusing me, I agree with some and disagree with many, please what is pof, since u said it doesn't make sense to you, I ain't gonna talk much cause we are entitled to our opinion, but stop assuming the vos are always negative there are kind ones there, and let's not forget assets are among the checklist at least, they listed it in my checklist
proof of finance(pof)grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:32pm On Aug 17, 2014
vinnygod: proof of finance(pof)grin
Lol, thanks I cracked my brain couldn't make sense out of it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:34pm On Aug 17, 2014
codebreaker:

Aii! .. But like I said.. Land/property can be sold from anywhere.. I just need to do my power of attorney as the norms. Infact! Someone in canny can even cash out there and then and forget all about Naija for life. It shows source of funds cos ba! These houses can also be rented out or sold off and be steady raking in money for someone in canny who has no intention of coming back and I see no home tying. (Ps: I have real estate experience)
Whether you have real or fake estate experience that's not the point here grin "kidding tho", land documents serves as finance and also as a home tie, if u rule out home tie then I disagree with u until then I don't have much to say here, go to court and check how many land cases they have.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:42pm On Aug 17, 2014
Slimdel:
Whether you have real or fake estate experience that's not the point here grin, land documents serves as finance and also as a home tie, if u rule out home tie then I disagree with u until then I don't have much to say here

No be so! But the pedulum has swung a bit more to finance than home tie.. Its all good! It helps and thats a fact
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by gavinmensah(f): 11:42pm On Aug 17, 2014
chichi89: So no travel companion for me. This pot of beans life embarassed

Hello chichi, I l b traveling on 27th lufthanza.
But in the same spirit of only u walka come to waterloo am changing my ticket dates tongue
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:44pm On Aug 17, 2014
Gavinmensah

How you doing babe? cheesy You don gather scatter grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:44pm On Aug 17, 2014
codebreaker:

No be so! But the pedulum has swong a bit more to finance than home tie.. Its all good! It helps and thats a fact
If I understand u then I have turned to fatdel
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:48pm On Aug 17, 2014
modskiller: Please I need somebody or anybody in the house to enlighten me on some things. First, I did and application but was declined owing to some factors. Also the school requested for a transcript which I sent, but I want to use my NECO result which I obtained from another school that is different from my school. So my worry is that I hope I won't mess things up if I tender the NECO result? Thanks.
How do u mean please, I'm confused, did u write Neco with the same university you collected transcript from?
I've seen people use Neco results but I really don't understand your question.

Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Beamn4real(m): 11:48pm On Aug 17, 2014
Concerning this landed property thingy, I think wot matters is if d property belongs to ur sponsor. If it doesn't, then it becomes irrelevant cos it simply means d owner mght hv other plans for it... However, you can hv a co-sponsor who hz a landed property and as such, you wud need to obtain a valid letter 4rm him/her pledging to give sososo towards your education.. My sponsor had 800k openin bal and 200k closing balance.. Guess it wz d landed docs dat helped me...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by chrisviral(m): 11:49pm On Aug 17, 2014
ValerieXO: Chris!! So happy for you. I've been so busy, I'm coming very soon smiley. how are you?

I'm good! Waiting for you!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by modskiller(m): 11:52pm On Aug 17, 2014
modskiller: Please I need somebody or anybody in the house to enlighten me on some things. First, I did and application but was declined owing to some factors. Also the school requested for a transcript which I sent, but I want to use my NECO result which I obtained from another school that is different from my school. So my worry is that I hope I won't mess things up if I tender the NECO result? Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ValerieXO: 11:53pm On Aug 17, 2014
chrisviral:

I'm good! Waiting for you!
ok, I'm coming, can I get your email, pin or something? smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by chrisviral(m): 11:55pm On Aug 17, 2014
ValerieXO: ok, I'm coming, can I get your email, pin or something? smiley

Christheman4love@gmail.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Beamn4real(m): 11:56pm On Aug 17, 2014
[quote author=modskiller][/quote]
Pls could u expatiate some more.. Whch application wz refusd? Admission or Visa? If admission, does it mean u retried and d sch is askin for your result statement? If so, den u can send a mail to d sch asking to retract d statement u earlier submitted and attach dat u wish to submit..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by modskiller(m): 11:56pm On Aug 17, 2014
Slimdel:
How do u mean please, I'm confused, did u write Neco with the same university you collected transcript from?
I've seen people use Neco results but I really don't understand your question.

Cheers
I have sent a transcript that I obtained from my secondary school, but I want to use a neco result that I obtained from another school, but my fear is that I didn't register as an external but an internal student. I hope you understand it now.?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:57pm On Aug 17, 2014
Whether you use your uncle as sponsor so long as you have land documents that worth something not the one of 50k abeg, please add it to your application, if you have shares please add it, if you have buildings please add it, if you have the ones tenants are inside ejor add it with tenants payment receipts, while adding package it in such a way the vo will understand they are all valuable assets.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ValerieXO: 11:58pm On Aug 17, 2014
Beamn4real: Concerning this landed property thingy, I think wot matters is if d property belongs to ur sponsor. If it doesn't, then it becomes irrelevant cos it simply means d owner mght hv other plans for it... However, you can hv a co-sponsor who hz a landed property and as such, you wud need to obtain a valid letter 4rm him/her pledging to give sososo towards your education.. My sponsor had 800k openin bal and 200k closing balance.. Guess it wz d landed docs dat helped me...
The property really doesn't have to belong to your sponsor to serve as a home tie. Actually any property (of your sponsor) that you present with your application will only serve as proof of financial capability, not home tie. The only time property can serve as home tie is if it is yours, or if you are the next of kin of whoever owns it.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by ValerieXO: 11:59pm On Aug 17, 2014
chrisviral:

Christheman4love@gmail.com
ok.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 12:00am On Aug 18, 2014
Beamn4real: Concerning this landed property thingy, I think wot matters is if d property belongs to ur sponsor. If it doesn't, then it becomes irrelevant cos it simply means d owner mght hv other plans for it... However, you can hv a co-sponsor who hz a landed property and as such, you wud need to obtain a valid letter 4rm him/her pledging to give sososo towards your education.. My sponsor had 800k openin bal and 200k closing balance.. Guess it wz d landed docs dat helped me...

Your main sponsor or one of your sponsors.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 12:01am On Aug 18, 2014
modskiller: I have sent a transcript that I obtained from my secondary school, but I want to use a neco result that I obtained from another school, but my fear is that I didn't register as an external but an internal student. I hope you understand it now.?
Do u mean for admission? If yes then send then Neco scratch card to confirm your result online with that name of school doesn't appear in it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by modskiller(m): 12:02am On Aug 18, 2014
Beamn4real:
Pls could u expatiate some more.. Whch application wz refusd? Admission or Visa? If admission, does it mean u retried and d sch is askin for your result statement? If so, den u can send a mail to d sch asking to retract d statement u earlier submitted and attach dat u wish to submit..
okay here it is, I applied for admission but was denied because they wanted a minimum of C5, but I had C6, though so many peeps asked me to apply to another school, but it's the one I can easily afford for now since I'll be the one paying. So when I applied and was denied due to the result, I asked if I can forward my neco exam details, and they said yes. But I'm kinda worried cos I sent my secondary school transcript, and it indicated the name of the secondary school I attended, but the neco exam has the name of another school where I did the exam not as an external, but I registered as an internal student. Cos I think it will indicate attending 2 secondary schools.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 12:03am On Aug 18, 2014
ValerieXO: The property really doesn't have to belong to your sponsor to serve as a home tie. Actually any property (of your sponsor) that you present with your application will only serve as proof of financial capability, not home tie. The only time property can serve as home tie is if it is yours, or if you are the next of kin of whoever owns it.

You're so right!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by modskiller(m): 12:06am On Aug 18, 2014
Slimdel:
Do u mean for admission? If yes then send then Neco scratch card to confirm your result online with that name of school doesn't appear in it.
the month of the exam will tell it all, it'll indicate that the exam is internal and the name of the school will appear.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Beamn4real(m): 12:06am On Aug 18, 2014
ValerieXO: The property really doesn't have to belong to your sponsor to serve as a home tie. Actually any property (of your sponsor) that you present with your application will only serve as proof of financial capability, not home tie. The only time property can serve as home tie is if it is yours, or if you are the next of kin of whoever owns it.

Exacta.. Totally agree wit u.. Home ties can also be stated in ur SOP.. Combination of owned landed props and reseverd employmnt are vry good home ties..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kennycanny: 12:07am On Aug 18, 2014

Can your dad properties serve as home tie?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by gavinmensah(f): 12:08am On Aug 18, 2014
Amefrica: Gavinmensah

How you doing babe? cheesy You don gather scatter grin

Am fine, well is not easy combining work , packing and shopping . Well God is faithful, he is always with me. I can do all things thru christ who strengthens me.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Beamn4real(m): 12:09am On Aug 18, 2014
codebreaker:

Your main sponsor or one of your sponsors.

Wz actually my only sponsor.. Sponsor had shares worth bout 4m and landed props..

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (501)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.