Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,735 members, 7,824,084 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (337) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (828578 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by castiello(m): 11:09pm On Oct 27, 2014
redribs:

For processing, scanned copies of your passport pages that have visas and stamps, and your biodata page is enough. When your application is processed and a decision to approve is reached, CIC will contact you via your CIC account (which you must have created already) to submit your passport to the VAC for them to grant the visa on it. The link below is a thread where you will find steps on how to apply online

https://www.nairaland.com/1475467/travelling-canada-part-5/72

God bless you redribs so if the decide to give is when i would be ask to visit vac for finger prints and submission of documents like passport and others right?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by bbwollex(m): 11:10pm On Oct 27, 2014
kennycooly:
Please I need the gurus to help check out my docs, I graduated in 2012 (Accounting and am going for a PGD in Bus Mgt) ,I concluded my Nysc (Teaching) in March 2014, and am working presently but am not stating it in my CV because I just started the work some months ago and I can't even collect a study leave letter at all, I only stated my last job which was a contract job from March till April 2014, but am intending on stating in my CV that I take home lessons from April till now so as not to look jobless,
Am about submitting my documents this week, these are the docs am intending on submitting:
1) Acceptance letter
2) Payment of part fees (3600dols) by my sponsor out of 14,400dols
3) Bsc Certificate
4) Transcipt
5) Waec
6) Nysc cert
7) Police report
cool 2 passport photo
9) Mum's birth Cert (Showing same surname with my Sponsor) I.e, my mum's younger bro
10) Mum's death cert
11) My birth cert
12) Sponsor (US citizen) Letter from His bank
13) Letter from Sponsor's Employee stating hz annual inccome is 300k dols
14) Notarized Letter of support from Sponsor
15) Sponsor's SOA for 6months with closing balance of 12000 dols
16) My Dad's land documents serving as home ties
17) Old family pics and pics of my Uncle with my parents together
18) Statement of purpose

NB: I did not include my SOA, My uncle is my only sponsor but I just thought of adding my dad's land docs and also a land docs with my name as the owner...I really don't know if I have a good home-ties. It's only the pictures of my family and land docs and also stating in my SOP that all my nuclear family are in Naija that I probably see as my home ties for now... And I don't knw if my sponsor's SOA is good enough beacuse it seems he does not wanna send me his other account where he has lots of money in
Please House am I good to go ?

Bro! My own contribution is that it's not advice able to submit such SOA,at least try and have a SOA of at least your tuition fee + accommodation for first year.This prove to the consular that you are capable of sponsoring yourself there without any public fund.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:10pm On Oct 27, 2014
yea am nt in lag am in delta,bt wnt actually do d medicals in lag bt in d garden city
double08:

Ok. I presume u re not in lag then
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kaynine59(m): 11:17pm On Oct 27, 2014
Thanks dear for d info.... God bless u
tianadiva:
dearie u dnt have any business after ur medicals d hospital will do the sending on ur behalf,nd u re nt even allowed to know the result until it reflects on ur mail showing passed
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by lassky(m): 11:27pm On Oct 27, 2014
kennycooly:
mehn!!! I don't even kow where to get another SOA now, coz my sponsor said that's the SOA he can send....and dtz what myt delay me now in applying
well I would advise you to let state ur sponsor state in his letter dat he's making d whole money available for ur study cos he has been involved in every major development of ur life.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 11:39pm On Oct 27, 2014
double08:

Was told it takes 2 to 3 weeks for cic to revert back to me. So am taking aa chill pill
When did you go for medical double?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by double08(m): 11:41pm On Oct 27, 2014
redribs:

that 2-3 weeks long o, hope your cic account has indicated "medicals passed" sha. they should do and respond... others dey queue, lol

It's not online. I went tru paper route hence the long waiting period
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by double08(m): 11:42pm On Oct 27, 2014
Optimall:
When did you go for medical double?

20th of oct

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by double08(m): 11:45pm On Oct 27, 2014
tianadiva:
yea am nt in lag am in delta,bt wnt actually do d medicals in lag bt in d garden city

Deltan! Migwor grin ph is closer
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by cman4good: 11:53pm On Oct 27, 2014
kennycooly:
Please I need the gurus to help check out my docs, I graduated in 2012 (Accounting and am going for a PGD in Bus Mgt) ,I concluded my Nysc (Teaching) in March 2014, and am working presently but am not stating it in my CV because I just started the work some months ago and I can't even collect a study leave letter at all, I only stated my last job which was a contract job from March till April 2014, but am intending on stating in my CV that I take home lessons from April till now so as not to look jobless,
Am about submitting my documents this week, these are the docs am intending on submitting:
1) Acceptance letter
2) Payment of part fees (3600dols) by my sponsor out of 14,400dols
3) Bsc Certificate
4) Transcipt
5) Waec
6) Nysc cert
7) Police report
cool 2 passport photo
9) Mum's birth Cert (Showing same surname with my Sponsor) I.e, my mum's younger bro
10) Mum's death cert
11) My birth cert
12) Sponsor (US citizen) Letter from His bank
13) Letter from Sponsor's Employee stating hz annual inccome is 300k dols
14) Notarized Letter of support from Sponsor
15) Sponsor's SOA for 6months with closing balance of 12000 dols
16) My Dad's land documents serving as home ties
17) Old family pics and pics of my Uncle with my parents together
18) Statement of purpose

NB: I did not include my SOA, My uncle is my only sponsor but I just thought of adding my dad's land docs and also a land docs with my name as the owner...I really don't know if I have a good home-ties. It's only the pictures of my family and land docs and also stating in my SOP that all my nuclear family are in Naija that I probably see as my home ties for now... And I don't knw if my sponsor's SOA is good enough beacuse it seems he does not wanna send me his other account where he has lots of money in
Please House am I good to go ?
I suggest you should add ur study leave,, its important and it will stand as an evidence that u will come back home after you studies. Secondly, the closing balance of 12,000Dals, to me it won't convince the VO, Thirdly, I will advise u to go for AFFIDAVIT OF FACT.. stating the reason why ur uncle not ur Daddy is sponsoring u.. all the best....... I stand to be corrected by masters oooooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by siegfried99(m): 12:02am On Oct 28, 2014
tnuola:

Well lambton requires a scanned copy of your transcript, but if u want to send it just know ul be slowing down ur admission process sha, esp if you're for winter, with a scanned transcript, scanned results and cv ur admission comes in less than two weeks

Wow.. God bless u for that input.

Please, any ideas about work opportunities around lambton or how is life in general in that part of ontario
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by siegfried99(m): 12:09am On Oct 28, 2014
@ house, Pls I would like to know, if an MD/CEO (of his own company) requires study leave b4 applying for TRV?

Secondly, is it advisable he uses his companies acct? Rather than his personal soa?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by eddy20: 12:15am On Oct 28, 2014
siegfried99:
@ house, Pls I would like to know, if an MD/CEO (of his own company) requires study leave b4 applying for TRV?

Secondly, is it advisable he uses his companies acct? Rather than his personal soa?
use both company and personal account,as far as he is the signatory...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by justi4jesu(f): 12:16am On Oct 28, 2014
double08:

Re u a calabar girl?

Everyone uses 'mbok' these days so you can hardly tell. smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by siegfried99(m): 12:18am On Oct 28, 2014
eddy20:
use both company and personal account,as far as he is the signatory...

Ok.. what about study leave
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by redribs(m): 12:58am On Oct 28, 2014
castiello:

God bless you redribs so if the decide to give is when i would be ask to visit vac for finger prints and submission of documents like passport and others right?

The biometrics (finger print and face capture) will be needed in processing your application. Right after you submit your app online, you will receive instructions to get your biometrics done within 30 days. I suggest you do it the earliest time possible sha, cos I heard from someone here that your app will not be processed until they have received your biometrics info from the vac guys. While that may not be true, it's better to be safe than sorry.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Siga: 3:27am On Oct 28, 2014

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kennycooly: 5:08am On Oct 28, 2014
tnks , guess i'll add that am am working now then....quote author=redribs post=27507988]

What semester are you trying to register for in the school that offered you admission?
Anyway, if I were in your shoes, I'd still state that I am working... for one thing, it's the truth. Also, having a job will in no case discredit your application, if anything it's a plus, even if it's just for a few months. Also, the VO can understand that you don't qualify for a study leave but you may also explain in your letter of explanation that you are not eligible for one. Mind you, having a personal statement of account, in my opinion, could serve as a strong home tie. The funds in it will not matter much since you are not the sponsor.

Speaking about your sponsor. Hmmm! this is a bit tricky. I understand that getting another sponsor (that is a close relative and has a lot more funds to show in his SOA) is difficult. So, if I were you and I had no other choice, I'd go ahead and still use him (esp for the fact that his company has stated his income)...but I'll be extra-convincing; You can have him notarize a sponsorship letter and/or have him address a letter of consent to the Visa Officer stating that he "is willing/happy to sponsor you throughout the academic program". Yes, add the land docs you suggested and your dad's SOA if possible. (Remember to state in your form that your uncle will be sponsoring and not your father so that the VO is clear whose financial doc to primarily assess).

The way I see it, you have nothing to lose but a few bucks (about 40k)... which is just a very small percentage of the funds you will spending on the whole Canada P... If you intend to enrol this winter semester, my broda, you have to hurry up o...[/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kennycooly: 5:10am On Oct 28, 2014
[cant get a study leave now coz i started the work not too long and pllz what wl b d content of d AFFIDAVIT OF FACT and will it b notarized? quote author=cman4good post=27509264]I suggest you should add ur study leave,, its important and it will stand as an evidence that u will come back home after you studies. Secondly, the closing balance of 12,000Dals, to me it won't convince the VO, Thirdly, I will advise u to go for AFFIDAVIT OF FACT.. stating the reason why ur uncle not ur Daddy is sponsoring u.. all the best....... I stand to be corrected by masters oooooo[/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kennycooly: 5:13am On Oct 28, 2014
yea bro...but d ish is dat i cant even get anoter SOA bcoz he is the only alternative have gat for now.....
ojooyelakin:

Bro there is always one fact, you don't need to rush yourself, take your time to secure another good SOA then you can go ahead with it .... Don't rush in anything ... There is no way somebody will sponsor you to Canada with #2M closing balance ( your sponsor have some bills to pay out of this 2M, especially your sponsor based in USA where there are lots of bills waiting for him every goddamn day ) ... Try to access yourself with it ... Put yourself in VO shoes and think about it .... Forget about winter bro focus on fall if you can secure good SOA by then ... My advise though ... Truth is bitter anyway !
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kennycooly: 5:14am On Oct 28, 2014
am applying for winter session...
redribs:

What semester are you trying to register for in the school that offered you admission?
Anyway, if I were in your shoes, I'd still state that I am working... for one thing, it's the truth. Also, having a job will in no case discredit your application, if anything it's a plus, even if it's just for a few months. Also, the VO can understand that you don't qualify for a study leave but you may also explain in your letter of explanation that you are not eligible for one. Mind you, having a personal statement of account, in my opinion, could serve as a strong home tie. The funds in it will not matter much since you are not the sponsor.

Speaking about your sponsor. Hmmm! this is a bit tricky. I understand that getting another sponsor (that is a close relative and has a lot more funds to show in his SOA) is difficult. So, if I were you and I had no other choice, I'd go ahead and still use him (esp for the fact that his company has stated his income)...but I'll be extra-convincing; You can have him notarize a sponsorship letter and/or have him address a letter of consent to the Visa Officer stating that he "is willing/happy to sponsor you throughout the academic program". Yes, add the land docs you suggested and your dad's SOA if possible. (Remember to state in your form that your uncle will be sponsoring and not your father so that the VO is clear whose financial doc to primarily assess).

The way I see it, you have nothing to lose but a few bucks (about 40k)... which is just a very small percentage of the funds you will spending on the whole Canada P... If you intend to enrol this winter semester, my broda, you have to hurry up o...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tnuola(f): 5:43am On Oct 28, 2014
siegfried99:

Wow.. God bless u for that input.

Please, any ideas about work opportunities around lambton or how is life in general in that part of ontario

Yw sir.. I'm a prospective student like yourself so I don't know much about life there or job opportunities
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by castiello(m): 5:49am On Oct 28, 2014
redribs:

The biometrics (finger print and face capture) will be needed in processing your application. Right after you submit your app online, you will receive instructions to get your biometrics done within 30 days. I suggest you do it the earliest time possible sha, cos I heard from someone here that your app will not be processed until they have received your biometrics info from the vac guys. While that may not be true, it's better to be safe than sorry.

ok thanks so much so for the online payment can i se gt master card? i mean for the visa fees, because i read in a post someone talking about bank draft i don't really understand that part
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tnuola(f): 6:07am On Oct 28, 2014
siegfried99:

Ok.. what about study leave

Since he's the CEO of his company, he should be able to prove that the company will keep running in his absence, income will keep flowing from the business, the business won't suffer/die in his absence and that there's a capable person on ground to make all these happen. He coming back to his company serves as great home tie as long as he can prove all of these

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tolaengr: 7:16am On Oct 28, 2014

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by twaintoy(f): 7:33am On Oct 28, 2014
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kaynine59(m): 7:42am On Oct 28, 2014
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by kaynine59(m): 7:47am On Oct 28, 2014
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 8:01am On Oct 28, 2014
bless u too dear
kaynine59:
Thanks dear for d info.... God bless u
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 8:02am On Oct 28, 2014
lolz
double08:

Deltan! Migwor grin ph is closer
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 8:09am On Oct 28, 2014
its very tru dear ur apps dnt count until ur bio has been dne
redribs:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by BoniTa08(f): 8:12am On Oct 28, 2014
BoniTa08:
Hi guys, please how difficult is it getting admission into university of manitoba and university of ottawa. I applied for Masters in Public Administration. I dont know how competitive that course is cos i learnt that some programs are very competitive. Thanks in advance for your answers
Please answer ooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) ... (501)

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.