Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,589 members, 7,958,821 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 03:37 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 6 - Travel (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 6 (854997 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by cman4good: 12:51pm On Aug 20, 2014
@Amefrica,,, sir please assist your boy.... read my last post.....thanks,,...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by amby7(m): 12:58pm On Aug 20, 2014
Aloaye:
It is well...you're making a headway already. Just make your msg to them short and straight to point(Dear...,please I need an update on my admission status to know how soon I should expect to hear from the school on the final decision) and include some gratitude(Thanks for your assistance so far)
All the best!
Thanks so much..
Made a stupid mistake and applied for M.Eng instead of M.ASc, to my understanding if m given M.Eng i wont b able to proceed for PHD and that wud b a huge blow to mi..
my program (electrical/computer engineering) is a joint program btw carleton and uottawa, and if applying for M.ASc wit uottawa and not given wud be considered by carleton as well wit no extra charge and vise versa. bt wit dis mistake on my path i considered it resonable to apply to carleton and bear the extra cost
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Aloaye(m): 1:06pm On Aug 20, 2014
amby7:
Thanks so much..
Made a stupid mistake and applied for M.Eng instead of M.ASc, to my understanding if m given M.Eng i wont b able to proceed for PHD and that wud b a huge blow to mi..
my program (electrical/computer engineering) is a joint program btw carleton and uottawa, and if applying for M.ASc wit uottawa and not given wud be considered by carleton as well wit no extra charge and vise versa. bt wit dis mistake on my path i considered it resonable to apply to carleton and bear the extra cost

Contact their admissions office to see if u can change from M. Eng to a MASc,this would be easier tho if u had a supervisor. I changed my application from a MASc. To a PhD bfore I got the admission,the graduate school had turned down my application for a masters because I already hv a masters here in naija.

Shalom
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 1:07pm On Aug 20, 2014
cman4good: hello blessed people of nairaland.......... my sponsor is my godfather and also a senior cousin with different surname, he have three mouths fistdeposit of NGN4,000,000 and up to NGN1,000,000 in his current account, although in his letter of sponsorship he mention that the fistdeposit which is equivalent of $27,000 was set aside for my study and living expenses in canada. And i equally have a co-sponsor who is a family friend with NGN1,000,000 and a dolla account of $13,000, he stated it clear in his co-sponsor letter that he will support me with $4,000 yearly for the two years msc program....... please I need your urgent kind advise...are the two sponsors good to go with....

I, personally think you're good to go if your sponsors' bank transactions are good. Just fill other loopholes - write a mind-blowing SOP, if you're working, demonstrate your own financial strengths too..

Pray also! smiley
All the best bro..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Aloaye(m): 1:16pm On Aug 20, 2014
jimie: Been following this thread religiously. Quite entertaining and informative.

Any one going on the 23rd of this month?
BA?

Toronto loading?

Wish it was same day bt I'm leaving 28th...what school are u going to in Toronto?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Aloaye(m): 1:18pm On Aug 20, 2014
Chatters: Anybody leaving on the 28th August, Lufthansa?

Leaving on 28th thru lagos bt dnt hv information on what flight I'd use yet...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by amby7(m): 1:19pm On Aug 20, 2014
Aloaye:
Contact their admissions office to see if u can change from M. Eng to a MASc,this would be easier tho if u had a supervisor. I changed my application from a MASc. To a PhD bfore I got the admission,the graduate school had turned down my application for a masters because I already hv a masters here in naija.
Shalom
My fiance feels the same, bt since i didnt get a response wen i inquired almost two weeks ago, i started gettin worried. So i concluded that i shd go ahead and apply to carleton. also my 2.2 is anoda cause for wori dat i might not get accepted.
do u think i shd go ahead, or i shd try contacting them again
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by duntano: 1:21pm On Aug 20, 2014
amby7:

Thanks Aloaye... 3 months is such a long time, have 3 admissions to UK (London and Leicester) and anoda 2 to Cyprus, and they only took three weeks or four at most. Read smewhere that i have to submit my visa application to canada three months before the start date of my intended program of study and thus the worry.. Thanks again

Wow 3months.. My admission to Conestoga took less dan 3weeks .. But they are diploma courses thou..
Btw is dere any1 here who has admission from conestoga n had applied for dere study permit
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by blink6(m): 1:26pm On Aug 20, 2014
This MUN people na thief o! So, i'll have to pay another $100 if I wanta defer? Abi that peter Gill dey play with Me?

Nonetheless, I was refused visa today... Applied on 12th/07.

God go help Us...Amen
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Aloaye(m): 1:26pm On Aug 20, 2014
amby7:
My fiance feels the same, bt since i didnt get a response wen i inquired almost two weeks ago, i started gettin worried. So i concluded that i shd go ahead and apply to carleton. also my 2.2 is anoda cause for wori dat i might not get accepted.
do u think i shd go ahead, or i shd try contacting them again

Contact them again,or you could also call...they get a lot of mails you know.

Shalom
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 1:33pm On Aug 20, 2014
blink6: This MUN people na thief o! So, i'll have to pay another $100 if I wanta defer? Abi that peter Gill dey play with Me?

God go help Us...Amen

Omoh! sad
This thing pain me shaaa.. angry

But bro, no werey, refire. You go surely laff - there's light at the end of every tunnel..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by cman4good: 1:34pm On Aug 20, 2014
@amefrica, hello mybrother i really need your email so that i can send you my letter of purpose for your perusal and advise and I humbly need your facebook contact for easy communication. thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by blink6(m): 1:42pm On Aug 20, 2014
Amefrica:

Omoh! sad
This thing pain me shaaa.. angry

But bro, no werey, refire. You go surely laff - there's light at the end of every tunnel..
Amen brov...
I just dey pray for other awaitees to get called for meds... e no easy at all.

God ain't sleeping.

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Chatters(f): 2:06pm On Aug 20, 2014
Aloaye:

Leaving on 28th thru lagos bt dnt hv information on what flight I'd use yet...

Better make it Lufthansa then. smiley

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 2:10pm On Aug 20, 2014
Hello house! smiley
I wanna change some amount to dollars, which do you think go pay me and make sense pass between CAD and USD? Also, does anyone have good recommendation, I'm thinking bank's own is kinda expensive - I base in Ibadan.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 2:12pm On Aug 20, 2014
cman4good: @amefrica, hello mybrother i really need your email so that i can send you my letter of purpose for your perusal and advise and I humbly need your facebook contact for easy communication. thanks

Send me a PM!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 2:51pm On Aug 20, 2014
@iseethegoal. Pls I am having problems finding a supervisor. I am applying to the masters program in biology at mcgill, and uwaterloo. I have been writing many profs but all hv negative replies. I hv a B.Sc in microbiology with a first class. Pls I need advice.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by pyhz: 3:00pm On Aug 20, 2014
Amefrica: Hello house! smiley
I wanna change some amount to dollars, which do you think go pay me and make sense pass between CAD and USD? Also, does anyone have good recommendation, I'm thinking bank's own is kinda expensive - I base in Ibadan.

Whr u won see canadian dollars exchange Berra jz change like 200 us dollars, then on getting to canada, u can withdraw frm atm @ the airport for canadian dollars.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by edwinbiz(m): 3:06pm On Aug 20, 2014
hello guy, i sent my supporting documents to usask on the 14 of this month. should i pay my application fee or i should wait until the university ask me to pay. secondly by Gods grace if am granted admission can i meet up the winter 2015 session i.e the january session.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by skylar2020(f): 3:16pm On Aug 20, 2014
Finestlex: I'm heading to Seneca college Toronto. Moving on Sunday
what course?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by skylar2020(f): 3:16pm On Aug 20, 2014
Finestlex: I'm heading to Seneca college Toronto. Moving on Sunday

I was given an admission there too.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 3:25pm On Aug 20, 2014
pyhz:

Whr u won see canadian dollars exchange Berra jz change like 200 us dollars, then on getting to canada, u can withdraw frm atm @ the airport for canadian dollars.

Rogered! grin Thanks baba mi..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by skylar2020(f): 3:33pm On Aug 20, 2014
iseethegoal:

Yes did the medical before submitting because I knew it was already late. It is all by faith and God answered, TRV chopped

how did you do that? was it online or paper route?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by tofam3k3(m): 3:33pm On Aug 20, 2014
blink6: This MUN people na thief o! So, i'll have to pay another $100 if I wanta defer? Abi that peter Gill dey play with Me?

God go help Us...Amen

I deferred twice with no fee
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by akanni(m): 3:50pm On Aug 20, 2014
Amefrica:

Rogered! grin Thanks baba mi..
go to your bank and buy dollar, tell them you want a PTA.
credit your account with naira and they will give you the equivalent in US dollars.
you have to present your visa page and flight ticket copy.
when you get to the airport in Canny, you can convert your dollars to CAD.
dem chrigo go sabi where you fit get good deal also.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Nobody: 3:54pm On Aug 20, 2014
akanni:
go to your bank and buy dollar, tell them you want a PTA.
credit your account with naira and they will give you the equivalent in US dollars.
you have to present your visa page and flight ticket copy.
when you get to the airport in Canny, you can convert your dollars to CAD.
dem chrigo go sabi where you fit get good deal also.

Thanks brother! cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Onyeoma3: 4:00pm On Aug 20, 2014
amby7:
Thanks so much..

Brother,considering ur grade, M.Eng is the best bet for you (so you can easily get an admission). And once you're on ground, try ur best and you might end up switching over to M.A.Sc if you see a potential supervisor. The most important tin is to be on ground 1st.

I made a strong 2.1 of abt 85% on a 5.0 scale and strong 1st class (of abt 95%) in my last 2years but couldn't get a supervisor (though cos of my Research Interest),and even tried up to 5 different schools(at a point, I loaded almost #1,500 card and then had to watch my money go into thin air as some of the calls always entered voice mail).I had to go for M.Eng and will soon switch by His grace.

Also, doing M.Eng till the end might affect ur chances of going for a PhD, but never give up.

Canada is worth it after all...but always have in mind of coming back home after everything.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by amby7(m): 4:06pm On Aug 20, 2014
Aloaye.. just received a mail from them this afternoon that i shd fill out another preference form. My prayers answered?? spoke wit a friend and its like the stress for M.ASc is much more than for M.Eng.. I hope i have made the right decision. thanks alot for all the info. n encouragement
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Onyeoma3: 4:10pm On Aug 20, 2014

God go help Us...Amen

Sowry for the delay bro, address whatever is the issue and refire, you'll surely get it right in the next shot
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by amby7(m): 4:13pm On Aug 20, 2014
Onyeoma3:
Brother,considering ur grade, M.Eng is the best bet for you (so you can easily get an admission). And once you're on ground, try ur best and you might end up switching over to M.A.Sc if you see a potential supervisor. The most important tin is to be on ground 1st.
I made a strong 2.1 of abt 85% on a 5.0 scale and strong 1st class (of abt 95%) in my last 2years but couldn't get a supervisor (though cos of my Research Interest),and even tried up to 5 different schools(at a point, I loaded almost #1,500 card and then had to watch my money go into thin air as some of the calls always entered voice mail).I had to go for M.Eng and will soon switch by His grace.
Also, doing M.Eng till the end might affect ur chances of going for a PhD, but never give up.
Canada is worth it after all...but always have in mind of coming back home after everything.
Thanks.. also considered not matching up for M.ASc due to my grade, however on the preference form there is a section that allows u to b considered for M.Eng if not taken for M.ASc or for the application to b circulated to carleton university as well. Iam praying that iam covered with this..
Pls how long did it take u to recieve ur admission decision from the time of application?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Onyeoma3: 4:14pm On Aug 20, 2014
Aloaye:

Contact them again,or you could also call...they get a lot of mails you know.

Shalom

If you wanna get a very fast result, always call(between 2-6pm Naija time) and do less of emails,except if the need arises, map out some cash for ur calls ok...you'll surely smile @ d end
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 6 by Onyeoma3: 4:23pm On Aug 20, 2014
Amefrica: Hello house! smiley

My man, since you already have ur ticket and visa, why not go to the bank (Diamond or Fidelity Bank cos they are the cheapest I know for now though all banks do it) and request for a Personal Travel Allowance (PTA)...it'll only require you to wite a letter authorising them to debit ur account to the tune of how much you wanna change @ d prevailing rate. Rather than going to to the Black market and buying dollars for #172...just get a US dollar, you can easily change it as soon as you land here

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (501)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.