Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,769 members, 7,824,230 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. (10799 Views)

Dont Be Deceived In Church Today Brethren. / Clapping For Pastors After Preaching / When Is Jesus Coming Back? Im Tired Of Waiting: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by skfa1: 8:27pm On Oct 23, 2008
dinner m:

please cut those hands off,because if can't clap for God in church then u'r not useful again

E be like say you dey vex , no vex the gurl go clap

Oya gamin start to dey clap now now pah pah pah wo wo wo grin
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by Gamine(f): 8:28pm On Oct 23, 2008
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by skfa1: 8:57pm On Oct 23, 2008
Gamine:

Hey Gamine what you doing ? lol
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by AKO1(m): 9:10pm On Oct 23, 2008
skfa1:

Hey Gamine what you doing ? lol

ROFLing? wink
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by pastorking(m): 9:15pm On Oct 23, 2008
Poster,

How will you feel if on your wedding day after the pastor has declared you and your husband "Man and Wife" and he goes ahead to say " Give Jesus a big hand, " and all of a sudden you notice that no one clapped ? Just let me know how you will feel.
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by Gamine(f): 9:23pm On Oct 23, 2008
When i get married der will be no need for that.
Why should you give Jesus a big hand. what does it mean sef.
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by skfa1: 9:42pm On Oct 23, 2008
Come on Gamine you can do berrer wink cheesy
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by AKO1(m): 9:44pm On Oct 23, 2008
Psalm 47:1- O clap your hands, all ye people

C'mon give the Lord a clap offering willya? grin grin
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by pastorking(m): 9:56pm On Oct 23, 2008
Perharps this will help you know the mystery behind the clapping of hands in church. It is actually a mystery, Difficult to understand,

<< Psalm 47:1 >>

New American Standard Bible (©1995):
For the choir director. A Psalm of the sons of Korah. O clap your hands, all peoples; Shout to God with the voice of joy.
King James Bible:
O clap your hands, all ye people; shout unto God with the voice of triumph.

American King James Version:
O clap your hands, all you people; shout to God with the voice of triumph.

American Standard Version:
Oh clap your hands, all ye peoples; Shout unto God with the voice of triumph.

Douay-Rheims Bible:
Unto the end, for the sons of Core. O clap your hands, all ye nations: shout unto God with the voice of Joy,

Darby Bible Translation:
{To the chief Musician. Of the sons of Korah. A Psalm.} All ye peoples, clap your hands; shout unto God with the voice of triumph!

English Revised Version:
For the Chief Musician; a Psalm of the sons of Korah. O clap your hands, all ye peoples; shout unto God with the voice of triumph.

Webster's Bible Translation:
To the chief Musician, A Psalm for the sons of Korah. O clap your hands, all ye people; shout to God with the voice of triumph.

World English Bible:
Oh clap your hands, all you nations. Shout to God with the voice of triumph!

Young's Literal Translation:
To the Overseer. -- By sons of Korah. A Psalm. All ye peoples, clap the hand, Shout to God with a voice of singing,

Enough for even a chronic unbeliever to understand.
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by JJYOU: 9:59pm On Oct 23, 2008
please Lord give me back my old gamine in Jesus name. ise! ise!! ise!!! vbe ni Ijesu
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by GooseBaba: 10:07pm On Oct 23, 2008
To much of everything is bad, to much clap clap is bad. when persin begin shout Jesus every 24 sec is bad infact

people like that get bad spirit na so so bad thing dey happen around them.
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by Gamine(f): 10:10pm On Oct 23, 2008
Which kain mystery about clapping!! D bible didnt evn say clap ur hands for d Lord. And here is someone tellin me about mystery
@Josh.lol. I never went anywhere o!!
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by JJYOU: 11:33pm On Oct 23, 2008
my dear sister you have done a 160% degree change. i hope in God you change quickly. you don't like tithing because some bishops took your pocket money, you don't like books because some people write about name it claim it now you don't like clapping.  what next you wont like people bringing in different translations or fat people come into gamines's church?

you went into some strange land. faith is fragile my dear. handle it with care. Jesus is all we got. there are loads of pastor who once serve God passionately everyday that are no more in faith today because they travelled this road you are travelling now.

it is good to question things like washing of feet and communion but hold on to Jesus and what paul said in Hebrews 12:15

See to it that no root of bitterness springing up causes trouble, and by it many be defiled Hebrews 12:15

NIV  - See to it that no one fails to obtain the grace of God and that no bitter root grows up and causes you trouble, or many of you will become defiled.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
See to it that no one comes short of the grace of God; that no root of bitterness springing up causes trouble, and by it many be defiled;

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
Make sure that everyone has kindness from God so that bitterness doesn't take root and grow up to cause trouble that corrupts many of you.

King James Bible
Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;

American King James Version
Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;

American Standard Version
looking carefully lest there be any man that falleth short of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you , and thereby the many be defiled;

Bible in Basic English
Looking with care to see that no man among you in his behaviour comes short of the grace of God; for fear that some bitter root may come up to be a trouble to you, and that some of you may be made unclean by it;

Douay-Rheims Bible
Looking diligently, lest any man be wanting to the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up do hinder, and by it many be defiled.

Darby Bible Translation
watching lest there be any one who lacks the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and many be defiled by it;

English Revised Version
looking carefully lest there be any man that falleth short of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby the many be defiled;

Webster's Bible Translation
Looking diligently, lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up, trouble you, and by it many be defiled;

Weymouth New Testament
Be carefully on your guard lest there be any one who falls back from the grace of God; lest any root bearing bitter fruit spring up and cause trouble among you, and through it the whole brotherhood be defiled;

World English Bible
looking carefully lest there be any man who falls short of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and many be defiled by it;

Young's Literal Translation
looking diligently over lest any one be failing of the grace of God, lest any root of bitterness springing up may give trouble, and through this many may be defiled;
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by mi3(f): 11:40pm On Oct 23, 2008
@KarmaMod, "Mathew 6:7

But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking"

Tolded them!!! grin, are they clapping to get God's attention?

and lol @ "animals in the middle of a stampede"
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by PepERSprAY: 12:05am On Oct 24, 2008
very funny thread. grin grin
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by Gamine(f): 12:19am On Oct 24, 2008
ok, Seriously.

Mr Josh, You dont know me, i dont know you.

Let the Sewer talk end, abeg.

Dont derail the thread o.

Clapping, tithing, bla bla blo are not requirements for eternal life, so wareva

Flame on Clap on!
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by redsun(m): 8:23am On Oct 24, 2008
@ poster,i bet you are getting the message,u don't need all that shit,use your sundays for better things or just lie in.
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by lipshell(f): 9:29am On Oct 24, 2008
@GAMINE:maybe you are not feeling your place of service,
if your church doesnt change you,then you should change your church.
clapping for Jesus is a form of praise.(heb 13:15)
u have to be moved.may i ask WHAT MADE U SO TIRED THAT YOU JUST COULDNT CLAP UR HANDS?
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by MrCrackles(m): 9:31am On Oct 24, 2008
na by force to clap for church?! grin

all this people coming here and ranting at GAMINE just because she is tired of clapping, na wa for una!

i guess a loose fanatical slowpoke would soon visit this thread and claim if you dont clap, you would go to hell fire!!
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by ogbongzky(m): 11:15am On Oct 24, 2008
@poster

but u never tire of eating abi?
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by carmelily: 11:53am On Oct 24, 2008
i find it very stupid when people clap in church for EVERY trifle. A child trips? they clap, that couple finally got pregnant? they clap. pastor sneeze? they clap. i don write, oya make una clap.
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by AKO1(m): 12:43pm On Oct 24, 2008
ogbongzky:

@poster

but u never tire of eating abi?

That metaphor is quite poor.

Nobodys life depends on clapping.
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by cibilola(f): 12:55pm On Oct 24, 2008
@ Gamine, grin
clap louder and better and harder, ur miracle is coming!!!! tongue tongue
seriously, , u guys condemning winners chapel, it isn't even bad there at all, i attend the church and love it, smiley smiley
what could be wrong, annoying or tedious about giving a round of applause after an announcement is made or for God himself, I could clap all day for Jesus, and it won't still be enough,

so again let me hear you make it bigger and better for HIM!!! cool
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by obinna5000(m): 1:48pm On Oct 24, 2008
@Gamine
There was a time I went on evangelism with my evangelical group, I clapped my hands for so long to the point that my hands became white. I am still recovering from it.
Clapping is just to show appreciation for God's work. If u get tired, take a break and then continue.
Nobody go flog you.
God is Love. God bless. smiley
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by Gamine(f): 2:51pm On Oct 24, 2008
hahaha

Where Did anybody see clapping in HEB 13:15 ooooooooo grin grin grin

Chei!!

The things we have been fed as Spiritual, nawa ooooooooooooooo!!! grin

@Carmelily, hehehehaaa

Pastor no dey clamp oo! grin grin grin

Pastor tabon, dey go still dey clap
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by KarmaMod(f): 2:55pm On Oct 24, 2008
I find it very stupid when people clap in church for EVERY trifle. A child trips? they clap, that couple finally got pregnant? they clap. pastor sneeze? they clap. i don write, oya make una clap.

grin

You dey mind them
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by JasmineSie(f): 5:00pm On Oct 24, 2008
That's what happens when parents send their kids to covenant university to teach them about Christianity rather than lead them into a personal relationship.
The kids come out not knowing what else to do now that the forced chapels meeting are over.

People please! Learn to Read!

, hey who be dis person wey no get brain or sense for that matter how covenant university take concern this thread abeg dey watch am o b4 u enter yawa haba, dis person na real ode in fact mugu wetin u know sey be personal relationship mayb na ur people dey dumb no know sey dem go go chop after church, ode, abeg dey mind wetin u dey post o no let C.U students rain brimestone onu, anuofia, shocked shocked angry angry tongue undecided angry
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by Okijajuju1(m): 5:59pm On Oct 24, 2008
@ Topic

Gamine I dey feel you you die.

Back in those days when I use to go to church, 70% of the church service was comprised of clapping for one thing or the other.

Songs;
"Clap your hands and praise the lord"
"Children od God will you clap halleluyah, clap Halleluyah to the lord 50 times"

Then when the singer is tired of singing all she says is "Your Hands" meaning you should keep clapping while she rests.

Prayers;
This one is another clapping fiesta. You will keep clapping while speaking in gibberish tongues.

Testimonies;
AH!! This one na die. When the person is called up (a round of applause)
The person will then spend another 110 minutes shoutinng praise the lord, which the halleluyah is backed by clapping.
And then more applause in between the testimonies.

Sermon
Haba!!
The pastor expects you to put your hands togerther for the lord at the end of every sentence.

Example

PASTOR: "For god so loved the world". Praise the lord. Put your hands togerther for the lord.
Congregation: **Claps**
PASTOR: That he gave us his only begotten son. His only son. what a sacrifice. Give the lord a round of applause
Congregation: **Claps**
PASTOR: That who so ever. Be you a thief, a murderer, a 419er, whosoever believes in him will not perish, but have eternal life. Let me hear you shout a big amen.
Congregation: ** Shouts Amen** backed with clapping.
PASTOR: Give a big clap offering unto the lord
Congregation: ** Claps**
PASTOR: That was for me, now a bigger clap offering unto the lord
Congregation: ** Claps even Harder and louder**

Offering & Tithe Collection

You are expected to clap whilst they fleece you.

Grace.

After the grace, you clap.

ABEG I no blame you for being tired of clapping. No wonder some ushers don use clapping develope muscles for hand.

'
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by KarmaMod(f): 6:00pm On Oct 24, 2008
PASTOR: That was for me, now a bigger clap offering unto the lord

Rofl.
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by Gamine(f): 10:57am On Oct 25, 2008
Yikes!, JAs! cheesy

Okija, Omo na you feel me gannnnnnnn!!! grin grin grin

ROTFLMAO!!! grin grin

Omo make i clap for you o

**pah pah pah pah pah*

Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by sleekymag(m): 11:25am On Oct 25, 2008
You dont always have to clap @ everything. The most important thing is whatever you do, you do it with understanding, not because every1 is doing it. If you don't clap it doesn't make you less a christian. It could just be that at that point you're tired or something. You fit even clap with dem in the spirit, without your hands physically clapping.
Re: Im Tired Of Clapping My Hands In Church. by Gamine(f): 11:41am On Oct 25, 2008
Abi o

Cos my bible talk say, Trees clap their hands

Do trees have hand?? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ! / Why Did God Need To Write The 10 Commandments / Churches Preaching Prosperity May Soon Attract Tax In Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.