Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,791 members, 7,810,060 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:44 PM

Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? (8774 Views)

What Kind Of Food Can One Give An Under-weight Picky Eater Toddler? / My Ex Would Rather Remain Single, Than Make Up With Me. Am I So Bad?? / Jazzman Needed--am Serious (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Aug 11, 2014
Saraha1: well you are right.
Some weeks ago I was chating with a guy on nairaland and all he kept saying was he sell cars of all kind, that he import cars , he only come to lagos when any of his goods arrive lagos ,he has that he has this.
Hmmm! After he had finished all his life taking I then ask , what will he gain by all this lies?I told him am not his girlfriend or intending to so why must you fake things ?
Note: I only ask how is work and nothing more from this guy oh(and he started all dat story)
When I could not withstand any of his fake lies, I ask him to send me his pix.my sisters, you need to see what this guy sent, even my granding would not use such a poor background to take pix in this civilize world.Atfer all his drama, I then told him since you said you have everthing in this world even without knowing who I was,please can you connect me with someone who can offer me job in lagos that have being on job hunt for a month now?
Infact at the end I felt ashame that how can I be chating with such a fellow? So I stop responding to his message and told him never to send me any text.

What am I trying to point out? In all our dealing let the four letter word(Lies) be erase from our lips we don't need it. Why on earth will I be claiming being rich why in essence fact I can't afford to eat three square meal.

Those that would accept you for who you are will surely come not until you claim what you are not.

Wow, more stories pls.

The fact is for them to be using the lies, it's obviously working. They get to get free coochies, and money. cheesy

You were smart, others might fall. The stupid ones. And they are plenty here. If you talk they say you are lying ..blah blah blah.

They keep falling in the trap.
Abeg, beeevan, edwife, cococandy, lyndaroyce come and see gossip oh .
grin

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Aug 11, 2014
Chillisauce:
Oh boi ! Someone pls hold me.

Eh. I sure say na those born again ones whey dey sleep for church everyday this thing happen to.
Those ones dey fall some kin mugu sha, no offense .
Oh boi.

My sister, there is one pastor in Abuja, this is his speciality, he claims to have 1000 husbands to dash so you have to "rush" and grad ya own. His target, single working women and single mothers who are loaded. He then strikes a deal with the men who go on and dupe the women with his "revelation" off cause and then they share the proceeds.
Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Aug 11, 2014
Chillisauce:
Wow, more stories pls.
The fact is for them to be using the lies, it's obviously working. They get to get free coochies, and money. cheesy
You were smart, others might fall. The stupid ones. And they are plenty here. If you talk they say you are lying ..blah blah blah.
grin

You sabi, these days just say "Baby, I am not here for games I am here for marriage and watch how fast the pants fly. "I want us to date will give you se-x alright, but "I want to marry you will give you all styles, hanging from chandaliers so she can "show" you how many yards of wife materials she is. Then after that you will get free food and free dry cleaning

5 Likes

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Aug 11, 2014
jaybeyblu: Another time , he told me he has a gift for me, kept talking that he has to send the gift across to me, he had to give it to my dad who was coming over to my city, kept over emphasizing about the gift and all that, so when I got the gift I saw it was airline pyjamas! (With qatar airline business class written all over it)I felt insulted but I thanked him anyways. I was very loving when we started talking but now I am just plain rude. My bestfriend told me to play along but I just can't. Am I wrong?

Play along wetin?? Don't even think of it! Unless you are also gunning for his invincible coins...
C'mon babes, isn't it obvious that the dude is fake?
Na wa for una oo..... Your bestfriend that's saying u should play along, should any gbege arise,will she face with you?
Guys this days lie a lot, and it only takes a wise gal to recognize a lying,gold-digging pooshie stalker of a man when she sees one.

Chillisauce, right on time! aproko tuned in....
More stories pls!
*chewing kola-nut*

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by crackhaus: 5:13pm On Aug 11, 2014
Chai, these women wan pour sand sand for awon boiz hussle..

This thing you people are doing is not good oo grin

3 Likes

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by jaybeyblu: 5:18pm On Aug 11, 2014
aisha2:

You sabi, these days just say "Baby, I am not here for games I am here for marriage and watch how fast the pants fly. "I want us to date will give you se-x alright, but "I want to marry you will give you all styles, hanging from chandaliers so she can "show" you how many yards of wife materials she is. Then after that you will get free food and free dry cleaning
Lmao!

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Saraha1(f): 5:24pm On Aug 11, 2014
crackhaus: Chai, these women wan pour sand sand for awon boiz hussle..

This thing you people are doing is not good oo grin
lol, but you admit we are saying the truth sha?
Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by crackhaus: 5:31pm On Aug 11, 2014
Saraha1: lol, but you admit we are saying the truth sha?
Yep, plus the usual salt and maggi added on top grin

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by ladygogo: 5:36pm On Aug 11, 2014
grin grin grin grin

@Aisha is soo right about Abuja. That town is notorious for useless/jobless men masquerading as FG contractors .

Plenty women don fall mugu for that place ehn.

@op. The handwriting is on the wall. Abeg RUN!
Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Godmystrength: 5:41pm On Aug 11, 2014
aisha2:

lmao grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Saraha1(f): 5:47pm On Aug 11, 2014
crackhaus:
Yep, plus the usual salt and maggi added on top grin
why we go put salt ontop wetin you guys don already do ?
Lol.
Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by EfemenaXY: 6:01pm On Aug 11, 2014
Abeg this thread is just something else.

A couple more stories like these from Aisha, Ujujoan, + crazy comments from Chilli go fit make person forget say na virtual world be this.

Bless you ladies! cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by EfemenaXY: 6:18pm On Aug 11, 2014
Ujujoan:

This guy is obviously using you . . . and it will only get worse if your commit yourself to him.

A friend of mine recently had a nasty encounter with a guy like him. Like your guy, his story never added up. He would say he's travelling to the US and keeps calling her with his Nigerian number . . yet when you ask him questions about roaming he draws a total blank!!! He claims he has a job, yet he's ALWAYS idle . . . never busy. Always wanting to chat e.t.c Snapping with different cars everyday and claiming they are his.

After months of online/phone-call dating, he insisted she pays him a visit. I told her to think about it . . . someone you only met once, he wants to marry you and yet can't take the time to come pay you a visit? Didn't even bother to send her any transport, claiming he'll refund her on arrival.

At a point my firnd thought I was trying to 'block her happiness' . . . I didn't want her to enjoy marital life with me embarassed embarassed

So I let her go . . . .

In the end, the man picked her from the park, took her to 'his house' . . (a place I bet he borrowed from his friends) . . . they has s3x all night long and in the morning he told her he had to go out of town for one night for a 'work emergency'. Since she had a relative in Lagos, he begged her to go stay with them for one night so she can return to his apartment when he gets back.

He took her in 'his car' and dropped her off at her cousin's place and that was the last time she saw him.

He switched off his phones for ONE WEEK!!!

My friend had no choice but to return to her base . . . Her T/fare wasted, s3x all night for free and to top it all, the shame!!!

All these could have been avoided if she read the hand writing on the wall and trusted her instincts . . . .

Uju, abeg finish the story na...

So what happened when he switched his phones back on after his one week hiatus? Did she "sort" things out with him or did he dump her? I mean, if she was that determined to be with him, surely she would have fought tooth and nail to get him back?
Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by EfemenaXY: 6:21pm On Aug 11, 2014
aisha2:

Hahahahahaaa, snapping with different cars, na the first sign be that. Chai @ Se-x all night, Are you sure no be Abuja the guy dey as na their stock in trade be that, she should count herself lucky he didnt steal from her or ride her on till she lent him money for "business" or container" na their story be that.

Someone married one, even with the clear writings on the wall, according to her at least she will have a husband. We drew her attention to obvious things like his very in-corresponding stories she said she will "start life with him". We said start life with someone yes, but start a life based on the truth not falsehood she blanked us.
He had no certificate obviously but he would lie like hell, that he was schooling abroad and was deported. How can you be deported when you are in school? How would any school give admission to an illegal without documentation? Did you commit a crime? He will say no, he was set up by a white girl who wanted him to sleep with her but he refused. Okay, what is the name of the school so they can check the website and his student information or make inquiries as per transcript and all Blank face.

Okay with his no certificate, he said he was into business, what business? " I am into everything", first she gave him N1.5Million to support the business after 6 months the "investment" needed more money, he would drop her at work and go and hang out all day.

When she began to ask so many questions because then it had become clear to her that what we were saying was true he dropped her at the airport one day, went home, cleared EVERYTHING left only the sofa but took the side chairs, told neighbors they had bought a house, cleared all her jewelry, even her clothes. Since 2013 march till date, we never see this guy.
She found out that even the people he said were his parents were hired.

Ladies, let us calm down, and carefully examine things before we jump into fire trying to marry by force

shocked shocked shocked

And she still married him? How was she able to do that if the guy did a disappearing act on her? Abi he married someone else? embarassed
Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by EfemenaXY: 6:24pm On Aug 11, 2014
aisha2:

Husband no scarce, oh, but these days as soon as a lady starts getting to 25- 26, they begin to feed her with fear "Hurry and grab any man in sight oh, dont be "picky" thats how Anty So and So became an old maid oh" And so the girls themselves begin to panic shouting " I am not getting any younger" the working ones would not mind picking one and paying for everything just to answer Mrs. As they approach 28- 29 the panic gets worse, and while jumping around obviously desperate they may even miss out the good men who may not understand their fear and panic.
When I turned 28, friends began to panic on my behalf, when I broke up a relationship that was obviously very bad (With serious suspicion of the guy swinging both ways) they told me to " Ignore, pray for him and manage" grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. I thank God for my family, we never knew how to panic that helped me stay calm.

Its like an epidemic, see how they will be working hard to trap an obviously un-serious man with pregnancy not minding he would make a bad spouse

How could you tell? And most importantly, how does one "manage" such a person? Such a union would forever involve a third party. A man. Thrėėsömė things...
Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Aug 11, 2014
EfemenaXY:
How could you tell? And most importantly, how does one "manage" such a person? Such a union would forever involve a third party. A man. Thrėėsömė things...
Married to him ke? Person wey she never see since 2013 when he clear even her plates and pots waka
Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Aug 11, 2014
aisha2:
Married to him ke? Person wey she never see since 2013 when he clear even her plates and pots waka
Lolz....

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Aug 11, 2014
Hmmmmm Abuja marriage cool cool cool cool cool

Borrowed cars, borrowed apartments & fictious contracts, yet owing the woman selling bread N500

IMO it works both ways. Yorubas say eni ti o je gbi o ni ku gbi. The truth though bitter is that some of the women who are conned by these guys and end up married ot them are not totally innocent too

We should also learn to be our own person and be able to beleive in our own judgements. Imagine the posters friends giving her very bad advise, as if they will be the one who will suffer when the mans mental illness finally goes viral.

@poster you dont need any advise. Deep down in you, you know what to do. Dont be a statsitic please.

5 Likes

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Aug 11, 2014
EfemenaXY:

So many things, small small signs like he had these friend when when he was visiting I wasnt allowed to visit. Infact they would spend weekends together while I would be posted and posted.
Also, he would get so upset when I talk about gay rights and say gay people shouldnt make noise they should just be silent and discret and it prompted me to snoop and I checked his phone and confirmed my fears. A chat with his "Lover" telling him I was a good girl and all he needed to do was to keep up the appearance keep being "God fearing" Churchy and nice, that all my family loves him already but when he marries and have 2 kids I can do what I want then he wouldnt care.
Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by beeevan: 6:59pm On Aug 11, 2014
Chillisauce:

Wow, more stories pls.

grin

Shocking gists, nah so husband scarce reach? How comes some people get to re marry a third time if husbands are really that scarce? Nawaoooh!!
Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by bukatyne(f): 7:03pm On Aug 11, 2014
When the average Nigerian sees marriage (to dog, cat, goat) as the ultimate achievement, why wouldn't people marry anything to feel among?

Besides most people see successful african marriages as those filled with a long suffering and patient wife who endures it all. You blame people who want to start.suffering during courtship? Wouldn't they prove their wifey yards now?

When an average nigerian husband knows that the punishment/consequence of cheating/misbehaving is more cooking, more s.e.xx styles, more submission etc. why does he need to behave?

Are some of these girls' fathers not worse than these men? Don't their mothers take worse in other to keep their beautiful homes together?

@OP: God has given you a brain, intuition and commonsense. Combine the three and make whatever decision you deem worthy.

6 Likes

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by EfemenaXY: 7:05pm On Aug 11, 2014
aisha2:

So many things, small small signs like he had these friend when when he was visiting I wasnt allowed to visit. Infact they would spend weekends together while I would be posted and posted.
Also, he would get so upset when I talk about gay rights and say gay people shouldnt make noise they should just be silent and discret and it prompted me to snoop and I checked his phone and confirmed my fears. A chat with his "Lover" telling him I was a good girl and all he needed to do was to keep up the appearance keep being "God fearing" Churchy and nice, that all my family loves him already but when he marries and have 2 kids I can do what I want then he wouldnt care.

Goodness me Aisha! shocked shocked

So basically, you and any kids you'd have had with him were to be a front. Masking his real intentions. If you weren't perceptive, or had been silly enough to listen to those asking you to manage the unmanagable, your "married" life would have been nothing but misery.

You know, this is so annoying on so many levels.... him wanting to present a happy picture when the reality would have been completely different... him being forced to see that as the only way (cloak and dagger stuff) because it's illegal over there.

At least if the laws were different, he could enter into a civil relationship / marry his lover without having to put you both through misery, all due to the desperate bid to meet up to societal expectations...

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Aug 11, 2014
Efe it happens all over.
Many gay men just mary to save face and deep down in them they rather be with a man.
Go and Watch SKY news now now - Malone the boxing promoter is being interviwed. he is having a sex change to become a woman after 3 children and 2 marriages
Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Aug 11, 2014
chaircover: Hmmmmm Abuja marriage cool cool cool cool cool
Borrowed cars, borrowed apartments & fictious contracts, yet owing the woman selling bread N500
IMO it works both ways. Yorubas say eni ti o je gbi o ni ku gbi. The truth though bitter is that some of the women who are conned by these guys and end up married ot them are not totally innocent too
We should also learn to be our own person and be able to beleive in our own judgements. Imagine the posters friends giving her very bad advise, as if they will be the one who will suffer when the mans mental illness finally goes viral.
@poster you dont need any advise. Deep down in you, you know what to do. Dont be a statsitic please.

You sabi. Na them them, the women who will marry known fraudsters and ritualists jkust to drive range rover in Abuja, who will register in IBB Golf course by fire by force and borrow money to keep paying subsription. My dear the list is endless.

My Abuja Experience na book I suppose write
Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Aug 11, 2014
aisha2:

You sabi. Na them them, the women who will marry known fraudsters and ritualists jkust to drive range rover in Abuja, who will register in IBB Golf course by fire by force and borrow money to keep paying subsription. My dear the list is endless.

My Abuja Experience na book I suppose write

Imagine having to lie everyday and keep up a false life. You have to think up so many lies on the fly and having to remember all the lies told. What kind of life is that? . . .for what?
The irony is that the richest people are usually very quiet about their wealth. I'ts the empty barrels that make the most noise.

4 Likes

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Aug 11, 2014
chaircover: Efe it happens all over.
Many gay men just mary to save face and deep down in them they rather be with a man.
Go and Watch SKY news now now - Malone the boxing promoter is being interviwed. he is having a sex change to become a woman after 3 children and 2 marriages

Chai!!!!! Na wa oh. Plenty things dey happen.
Una good night jare before them seize my phone
Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by damiso(f): 7:42pm On Aug 11, 2014
chaircover: Hmmmmm Abuja marriage cool cool cool cool cool

CC you just hit the nail on the head,lets even forget desperation and people pressuring you to marry some girls LOOVE all the 'big boy ' facade and that facade makes them forget to ask very very pertinent questions esp as marriage is meant to be a lifetime thing.I have actually had a friend say ' I know he does not have any visible means of income but at least he is from a rich family' the guys mum is all these rich alhajas and needless to say that said friend and alhaja have been in a tug of war since the beginning of the marriage.

You want to marry someone you ask questions long and hard questions.I know you can't say I fully ever know another person 100% but most times there are signs and inconsistencies some girls just choose to ignore,With this guy I spoke about he rented an apartment for almost 2 million and I am talking back then. if you see this apartment gosh most girls would have been calculating 'see my matrimonial home' grin.But bobo would be moaning my rent is due in Aug that deal has not fallen through(no be my own kain money so it's not like he was asking me for money grin).

He had two brand new cars I remember a Prado and VW polo(he said I could drive the polo if i wanted) gosh i would have been one of the 'big girls' then driving a brand new car as I was even one of the few amongst of my friends who did not have a car then.We went to all the 'IN' places on the island.He could spend 50 thousand naira in one night and then be broke the next day.He used to say I was overcalcu(me overcalcu grin) but I just felt his life was too borrowed and 'keeping up with the joneses'.He fought me when I said must you live in lekki ni seems you can't afford it ( this boda grew up in surulere o grin but the posher part sha cheesy) there are far cheaper equally nice places on the mainland.He said mainland is not the place to be I said Ok but I know millionaires who live on the mainland naa. He would ignore me or get angryBut we must keep up with the lekki facade.Designer clothes nko?

He was 'nice' 'generous' but I realised I ended up borrowing him my 20k some days for essentials eg fuel in the car (not saying I minded doing that ) but the whole lifestyle was just not for me.I have simpler tastes that is much more slow and steady.i just thought to myself naa I ain't cut out for this kain fake lifestyle.On all indices my husband today would not have been considered a 'big boy' and some of my friends could not understand why I broke up with him especially as his family really really liked me and wanted him to settle down but naa as CC said mi o fe ku gbi ejoor(CC help me translate grin)

You know what I know people who married men based on all the criteria I listed above without asking deeper questions.He has a nice house,two cars(I can even drive one grin),knows people and dresses well embarassed got swag, we live in lekki etc etc

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 11, 2014
Dami, a lot of people blame a lot of things on poverty and I mostly disagree. In many cases its just greed and lack of contentment.

Some people just develop a brain malfunction when they start to see £ and $ and Naira notes and refuse to think straight and they put the cart before the horse.

Some people cant even come home during daylight becasue they owe so many people. What kind of life is that?

Its the ladies I feel for, cos they are the one who suffer the more when they end up with an onigbese london/Abuja boy . . .but when they have the oppourtunity many dont run or ask the relevant questions.
Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by damiso(f): 8:13pm On Aug 11, 2014
chaircover: Dami, a lot of people blame a lot of things on poverty and I mostly disagree. In many cases its just greed and lack of contentment.
Some people just develop a brain malfunction when they start to see £ and $ and Naira notes and refuse to think straight and they put the cart before the horse.
Some people cant even come home during daylight becasue they owe so many people. What kind of life is that?
Its the ladies I feel for, cos they are the one who suffer the more when they end up with an onigbese london/Abuja boy . . .but when they have the oppourtunity many dont run or ask the relevant questions.

lol @brain malfunction grin You are right there are soo many questions you need to ask but people don't.I hear people say they don't know where their boyfriends/fiance works Like really.I am not saying follow him to work but common.Things come up in conversations.How can a girl not wonder how certain things are paid for? Again not saying you should be forming Colombo but a lot of times there are signs and things don't add up but people ignore it.

Greed and lack of contentment as well.My friend is driving golf ,I must drive a bigger car.Oh wait my boyfriend allows me drive his car yippee grin grin. I don't care how the car got there it's sha there for me to drive. Not like my parents were mega rich but I have never been driven by just material things so it was not even a case of not needing those things like I said I did not even have my own car(the poverty argument that most people try to use an excuse).Lagos is such a difficult place to live in without your own car but I preferred hitching rides with my mum, dad ,taking cabs sometimes buses or okada sef than stay with the guy.
Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Aug 11, 2014
aisha2:

That's why I say na those church sisi this one go work for.. once they hear marriage , and money , their ears go stand like giraffe neck. The next thing dem go visit man of God house for cell meeting. Ask my Christ embassy people.

Man of God go dey straff new sisis everyday.

grin .
Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Aug 11, 2014
EfemenaXY: Abeg this thread is just something else.

A couple more stories like these from Aisha, Ujujoan, + crazy comments from Chilli go fit make person forget say na virtual world be this.

Bless you ladies! cheesy cheesy

which virtual world? This one na real gossip o. You know those days mamas dey sneak out of house go mama emeka house with wrappers around their chest for more amibo.

This one na, is online amibo cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Aug 11, 2014
beeevan:

Shocking gists, nah so husband scarce reach? How comes some people get to re marry a third time if husbands are really that scarce? Nawaoooh!!

My dear, you never see anything. The ones that will cook for man, the man will end up marrying the ones that eat the food a side chicken cooked.

The washer women nko .

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

In-laws Attack! / Leaving Alone As A Single Lady / Real House Wives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.