Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,995 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:27 PM

Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? (8773 Views)

What Kind Of Food Can One Give An Under-weight Picky Eater Toddler? / My Ex Would Rather Remain Single, Than Make Up With Me. Am I So Bad?? / Jazzman Needed--am Serious (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Amazingg: 8:41pm On Aug 11, 2014
@ chilli,aisha and chaircover! Una too funny but you have said the truth. I enjoy reading your posts on this section. God bless you real good.

4 Likes

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by cococandy(f): 8:43pm On Aug 11, 2014
cheesy cheesy juicy gist to badt.
Chillisauce:

Wow, more stories pls.

The fact is for them to be using the lies, it's obviously working. They get to get free coochies, and money. cheesy

You were smart, others might fall. The stupid ones. And they are plenty here. If you talk they say you are lying ..blah blah blah.

They keep falling in the trap.
Abeg, beeevan, edwife, cococandy, lyndaroyce come and see gossip oh .
grin
Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by EfemenaXY: 8:49pm On Aug 11, 2014
damiso:

CC you just hit the nail on the head,lets even forget desperation and people pressuring you to marry some girls LOOVE all the 'big boy ' facade and that facade makes them forget to ask very very pertinent questions esp as marriage is meant to be a lifetime thing.I have actually had a friend say ' I know he does not have any visible means of income but at least he is from a rich family' the guys mum is all these rich alhajas and needless to say that said friend and alhaja have been in a tug of war since the beginning of the marriage.

You want to marry someone you ask questions long and hard questions.I know you can't say I fully ever know another person 100% but most times there are signs and inconsistencies some girls just choose to ignore,With this guy I spoke about he rented an apartment for almost 2 million and I am talking back then. if you see this apartment gosh most girls would have been calculating 'see my matrimonial home' grin.But bobo would be moaning my rent is due in Aug that deal has not fallen through(no be my own kain money so it's not like he was asking me for money grin).

He had two brand new cars I remember a Prado and VW polo(he said I could drive the polo if i wanted) gosh i would have been one of the 'big girls' then driving a brand new car as I was even one of the few amongst of my friends who did not have a car then.We went to all the 'IN' places on the island.He could spend 50 thousand naira in one night and then be broke the next day.He used to say I was overcalcu(me overcalcu grin) but I just felt his life was too borrowed and 'keeping up with the joneses'.He fought me when I said must you live in lekki ni seems you can't afford it ( this boda grew up in surulere o grin but the posher part sha cheesy) there are far cheaper equally nice places on the mainland.He said mainland is not the place to be I said Ok but I know millionaires who live on the mainland naa. He would ignore me or get angryBut we must keep up with the lekki facade.Designer clothes nko?

He was 'nice' 'generous' but I realised I ended up borrowing him my 20k some days for essentials eg fuel in the car (not saying I minded doing that ) but the whole lifestyle was just not for me.I have simpler tastes that is much more slow and steady.i just thought to myself naa I ain't cut out for this kain fake lifestyle.On all indices my husband today would not have been considered a 'big boy' and some of my friends could not understand why I broke up with him especially as his family really really liked me and wanted him to settle down but naa as CC said mi o fe ku gbi ejoor(CC help me translate grin)

You know what I know people who married men based on all the criteria I listed above without asking deeper questions.He has a nice house,two cars(I can even drive one grin),knows people and dresses well embarassed got swag, we live in lekki etc etc

shocked shocked shocked

OMG!! And you let him get away?? Just like that?

Damiso, that was one BIIIIGGGG fish! Chai! cheesy cheesy

*** Where is he now though? Still living large on borrowed funds?***

damiso:
lol @brain malfunction grin You are right there are soo many questions you need to ask but people don't.I hear people say they don't know where their boyfriends/fiance works Like really.I am not saying follow him to work but common.Things come up in conversations.How can a girl not wonder how certain things are paid for? Again not saying you should be forming Colombo but a lot of times there are signs and things don't add up but people ignore it.
Greed and lack of contentment as well.My friend is driving golf ,I must drive a bigger car.Oh wait my boyfriend allows me drive his car yippee grin grin. I don't care how the car got there it's sha there for me to drive. Not like my parents were mega rich but I have never been driven by just material things so it was not even a case of not needing those things like I said I did not even have my own car(the poverty argument that most people try to use an excuse).Lagos is such a difficult place to live in without your own car but I preferred hitching rides with my mum, dad ,taking cabs sometimes buses or okada sef than stay with the guy.

[s]When I say you're so 'old school' like me and CC, you go dey deny am![/s] cheesy cheesy
Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by rebella(f): 8:57pm On Aug 11, 2014
O boy !! See correct gist
Damiso's story reminds me of mine, ex was loaded plenty, nice cars, moved to a nice house on the island, when it came to spending oh boy!! Bros can spend like there's no tomorrow.
At a point in time I realised that his so called businesses couldn't be bringing in all that money and he claimed not to be doing any thing on the side. I called it quits with him for various reasons amongst that. Only for my present bf over the weekend to be giving me solid gist of how my ex is now cooling his heels with EFCC
Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by EfemenaXY: 9:00pm On Aug 11, 2014
chaircover:

Imagine having to lie everyday and keep up a false life. You have to think up so many lies on the fly and having to remember all the lies told. What kind of life is that? . . .for what?
The irony is that the richest people are usually very quiet about their wealth. I'ts the empty barrels that make the most noise.

Well said.

chaircover: Dami, a lot of people blame a lot of things on poverty and I mostly disagree. In many cases its just greed and lack of contentment.
Some people just develop a brain malfunction when they start to see £ and $ and Naira notes and refuse to think straight and they put the cart before the horse.
Some people cant even come home during daylight because they owe so many people. What kind of life is that?
Its the ladies I feel for, cos they are the one who suffer the more when they end up with an onigbese London/Abuja boy . . .but when they have the opportunity many don't run or ask the relevant questions.

grin grin grin

Now the bolded bit has got me grinning. It sort of brings pictures of a man hiding under the bed when the landlord comes or better still, training his kids to forever be on the lookout so whenever the landlord appears at the end of the street, the guy takes the back door / escape route. cheesy cheesy

But on a more serious note, this really is a heavy conversation we're having on this thread. I'm beginning to wonder:

Country hard. Someone who's really experienced food rationing at the 0-1-0 or 0-0-1 level will understandably do anything to get out of that situation...but fraud? deceit?

I thought I knew the answer to this but now I'm not even so sure. Which is better? Get married to a "generous", easy-come-easy-go (with funds) man? Or to get married to a penny-pinching-stingy-man who makes cutbacks at every given chance, where living with him sometimes might equate to being "broke" sef? I'm asking this in regards to the Naija setting.

Then again is the question of really knowing a person. Perception. To see through a well-built façade? A façade born out of desperation and put in place to "get something" for nothing from the other. i.e: using the other party...
Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Aug 11, 2014
rebella: O boy !! See correct gist
Damiso's story reminds me of mine, ex was loaded plenty, nice cars, moved to a nice house on the island, when it came to spending oh boy!! Bros can spend like there's no tomorrow.
At a point in time I realised that his so called businesses couldn't be bringing in all that money and he claimed not to be doing any thing on the side. I called it quits with him for various reasons amongst that. Only for my present bf over the weekend to be giving me solid gist of how my ex is now cooling his heels with EFCC
Rebella. ... Hmmmm.
Wey my share?.
EFCC... Abeg elaborate this story. You can't just come and type small thing here jor. Tenks
Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Aug 11, 2014
No body should dare edit anything on this thread. I dey go sleep. I want the story as it is undiluted .

Hopefully, efe will make a script out of it for our nollywood movie.

No front page too. Mod take note.
Tenks

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by EfemenaXY: 9:10pm On Aug 11, 2014
Chillisauce: No body should dare edit anything on this thread. I dey go sleep. I want the story as it is undiluted .

Hopefully, efe will make a script out of it for our nollywood movie.

No front page too. Mod take note.
Tenks

Lol! You must be a mind reader, Chilli! cheesy

But Aisha beat me to it. smiley

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by cococandy(f): 9:13pm On Aug 11, 2014
aisha2:

My sister, there is one pastor in Abuja, this is his speciality, he claims to have 1000 husbands to dash so you have to "rush" and grad ya own. His target, single working women and single mothers who are loaded. He then strikes a deal with the men who go on and dupe the women with his "revelation" off cause and then they share the proceeds.

The thing is terrible. I've almost given up on the preaching self esteem thing. Because the more one does,the more it seems as if you don't want others to marry.
The desperation is real. And you see pastors cashing in on the desperation to swindle my beautiful naija sisters.

sow a seed for a husband.

Fast and pray this year shall not pass you bye
Any evil standing in the way of your marrying this year die by fire.

Wear a wedding gown to church next sunday by faith and you'll meet your husband.

See evidence.
I used to wonder if such story billboards/signposts were made up by comedians to make us laugh until me and my SIL one day decided to prank call and find out if it's true. And a real pastor picked up the call to convince us how God has been using him to give sisters husbands.
I couldn't hold my laughter grin grin

I guess he realized we were just messing with him when we kept asking him searching questions.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by bukatyne(f): 9:18pm On Aug 11, 2014
cococandy!

Abegi! Marriage na the highest achievement o!

Come to think of it, na men suppose dey find marriage like this o!

It is not good for a man to be alone....
Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by cococandy(f): 9:22pm On Aug 11, 2014
And also HE who finds a WIFE finds a good thing.

Why are we running the race that was designated for men on our heads for that matter?
bukatyne: cococandy!

Abegi! Marriage na the highest achievement o!

Come to think of it, na men suppose dey find marriage like this o!

It is not good for a man to be alone....
Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Aug 11, 2014
cococandy:
The thing is terrible. I've almost given up on the preaching self esteem thing. Because the more one does,the more it seems as if you don't want others to marry.
The desperation is real. And you see pastors cashing in on the desperation to swindle my beautiful naija sisters.
Wear a wedding gown to church next sunday by faith and you'll meet your husband.

See evidence.
I used to wonder if such story billboards/signposts were made up by comedians to make us laugh until me and my SIL one day decided to prank call and find out if it's true. And a real pastor picked up the call to convince us how God has been using him to give sisters husbands.
I guess he realized we were just messing with him when we kept asking him searching questions.

Cococandy, that last poster with the picture of men for give away is the Abuja pastor. He is "Giving away 1000 husband4, grab yours now"
Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Aug 11, 2014
cococandy:

See evidence.

Cococandy, that last poster with the picture of men for give away is the Abuja pastor. He is "Giving away 1000 husband4, grab yours now" That one, his case file long, all the way from Jos he come hammer for Abuja. His own con na grade 1
Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by beeevan: 9:29pm On Aug 11, 2014
Chillisauce:

My dear, you never see anything. The ones that will cook for man, the man will end up marrying the ones that eat the food a side chicken cooked.

The washer women nko .

cheesy cheesy
Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by soulglo: 9:29pm On Aug 11, 2014
jaybeyblu: Here is it: I met this guy mid last year, and he asked me out took my no, tried calling me but I was in a rship then so I didn't give him a chance. This year I broke up with my bf,2 mnths later this same guy that I met last year started calling me and was telling me that he has always loved me and he wants to marry me, I was suggesting we get to know each other 1st, he said ok, but I noticed the info he gives me about him self is very sketchy: he told me he works with a poular oil coy and he goes offshore 6months on and 6months off, so I asked him his offshore location and I am familiar with where most coy locations are but his story dosnt add up, he tells me he is travelling to uk today and I don't hear from him for a month and then I get a msg 'I just got back to nigeria' out of the blues. I have a feeling he lies a lot, and another aspect is that when he calls and maybe I was in a meeting he would keep calling till I pick, I wld go to d bathroom b4 I am back 80missed calls, I have only seen him 3 times, he is in a nearby city and can easily come if he wants to. My question is: if he is really serious won't he be very regular coming over to my town to see me? This is d 5th month since we started talking on phone, instead he wld call me go to so place go and collect this go and collect that, I told him that he shld stop sending me on so much errands, he would insist I leave my work, I should take permission, when I refused he started shouting at me that he wonders what is giving me wings, cos of that statement I hung up on him and refused to pick his calls and for 1 whole week my phone rung none stop I mean 24 hours a day my phone is ringing I cldnt receive any calls my phone was useless, when he calls he must question me, what happened I called u, I told him to stop questioning me, we are always quarelling he calls me always but I have told him we r not just compactable dat we shd be better of as friend but my friends tell me I may be so harsh towards him. Initially when he stared calling the only talk is what is the colour of ur pants, I would be like its 7am and I am at work, pls stop he wld be like this girl I am telling u that I am Hot and u are saying another thing u are not serious to settle down. he told my sister that I am very rude which I admit when he gets on my nerves but nairalanders am I over reacting?

I think he is married. Trust your gut. It is usually right
Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by cococandy(f): 9:35pm On Aug 11, 2014
Oh dear grin
aisha2:

Cococandy, that last poster with the picture of men for give away is the Abuja pastor. He is "Giving away 1000 husband4, grab yours now" That one, his case file long, all the way from Jos he come hammer for Abuja. His own con na grade 1

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by damiso(f): 9:36pm On Aug 11, 2014
EfemenaXY:

shocked shocked shocked

OMG!! And you let him get away?? Just like that?

Damiso, that was one BIIIIGGGG fish! Chai! cheesy cheesy

*** Where is he now though? Still living large on borrowed funds?***

[s]When I say you're so 'old school' like me and CC, you go dey deny am![/s] cheesy cheesy

Am not old schoool joor grin grin grin I just dey fear. I no wan make we go use school fees money buy designer cloth finish. ;DI like better thing o but my liver can't carry that level of spend above your means we hammer today drink champagne tomorrow we drink pure water grin I would rather we drink Eva water/juice then we begin dey work towards champagne things grin grin

That bobo gist ehn grin grin I introduced him to my friend who worked in marketing in a new generation bank back then as per 'big boy' things. Na today see posting grin cheesy He eventually opened an account with them and started asking how far with loan facilities like 2 months after . When she asked him for collateral etc etc he withdrew all his money with them in weeks grin grin.She said he used to ask her how I was that me I decided to go and suffer in the UK rather than marry him grin grin
Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by rebella(f): 9:42pm On Aug 11, 2014
Chillisauce:
Rebella. ... Hmmmm.
Wey my share?.
EFCC... Abeg elaborate this story. You can't just come and type small thing here jor. Tenks
chilisauce, gist no go kill you oh! Money don finish teytey. Apparently, he was into 419, his businesses were a front for his real 419 business. He has been into it for over 10 years and he just got caught last month. 99 days for the thief...
I suspected something was up while we were dating but I didn't have enough evidence.
I remember how he would be very broke 1 minute and the next throwing cash away without any turnover of his goods.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by damiso(f): 9:44pm On Aug 11, 2014
cococandy:

See evidence.

I also used to think those posters were jokes shocked shocked shocked so they are for real..

So that 'Jesus give me my money' poster might be real lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by bukatyne(f): 9:48pm On Aug 11, 2014
cococandy: And also HE who finds a WIFE finds a good thing.

Why are we running the race that was designated for men on our heads for that matter?

It is the work of the deil grin angry tongue lipsrsealed
Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by cococandy(f): 9:51pm On Aug 11, 2014
He may be 'real' for all you know.

Funny thing is that if you happen by any venue or centre where such programs are in session,people will be littered like ants. With women being 70percent of the congregation.

How do people believe such things?
damiso:

I also used to think those posters were jokes shocked shocked shocked so they are for real..

So that 'Jesus give me my money' poster might be real lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by damiso(f): 9:56pm On Aug 11, 2014
cococandy: He may be 'real' for all you know.
Funny thing is that if you happen by any venue or centre where such programs are in session,people will be littered like ants. With women being 70percent of the congregation.
How do people believe such things?

*sighs* Poverty is rife I know but its just sad. sad

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by chidekings(m): 10:19pm On Aug 11, 2014
3cycle: I can relate to this story....
Just leave him, he is insecured.

u don run come here
Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Aug 11, 2014
bellong:

Your friend deserves a "first order mugun" award.... grin grin.

That was a clean emotional and body fraud....

I hope she is married now?

Walahi, na real jibiti ara!!!

I am laughing so hard, after 80 missed calls, I would have blocked him or changed my number
Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by ladygogo: 10:26pm On Aug 11, 2014
@cococandy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by cococandy(f): 10:43pm On Aug 11, 2014
Hey! It's the honeymoon girl. kiss

ladygogo: @cococandy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Nobody: 10:50pm On Aug 11, 2014
Maybe I should move to Abuja, watching these spectacles is enough, no need to watch tv again grin
Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Splendblex(f): 11:06pm On Aug 11, 2014
Kai! and women no dey gree learn o.see plenty labarai.lol
Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by soonest(f): 11:24pm On Aug 11, 2014
Now this is scary. Op,you better run for your life.
Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Aug 11, 2014
cococandy:

See evidence.

Cococandy

I'm shocked.....and ashamed
WTH

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by ayando(m): 11:39pm On Aug 11, 2014
Very useless freak. Op you get time or U r feeling so lonely? Na wa Ooº°Ú Ú°ºoo. On a serious note, this is dangerous for your sanity .I hate it when someone calls me repeatedly without using their head.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed! Am I So Picky As Regards To This Issue? by joywendy(f): 1:03am On Aug 12, 2014
cococandy:

See evidence.

omg!!
are those pics for real
cant stop laughing! ROTFLMAO! grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

In-laws Attack! / Leaving Alone As A Single Lady / Real House Wives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.