Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,906 members, 7,852,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:03 PM

Can You Die For Nigeria? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can You Die For Nigeria? (10658 Views)

Arunma Oteh Is Ready To Die For SEC / Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) / I’m Ready To Die For Nigeria –obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by sjeezy8: 7:43am On Sep 19, 2009
Onlytruth:

How many Biafrans were summarily executed by the invading forces led by Adekunle?
Mind you some of those "Biafran Soldiers" were only 17 years olds. Some of the executed old men were too weak to run away with others as the federal forces approached.

Im still wondering how Adekunle who led an Army of which the majority were non yorubas represents all yorubas.
Why did ojukwu lead teens into a war based on propaganda?
Why were the weak soldiers put in the on the frontline?
Why were non igbos placed around igboland?
Nigerian forces never even reached into igbo heartland.

Onlytruth:

"I want to see no Red Cross, no Caritas, no World Council of Churches, no Pope, no missionary and no U.N. delegation. I want to prevent even one Igbo having even one thing to eat before their capitulation…"

-Benjamin Adekunle

“If you gave us the choice of 1000 rifles or milk for 50,000 starving children, we’d take the guns.”

http://www.dawodu.com/omoigui27.htm

very heartless and selfish dont you think?
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by Onlytruth(m): 7:53am On Sep 19, 2009
sjeezy8:

Im still wondering how Adekunle who led an Army of which the majority were non yorubas represents all yorubas.
Why did ojukwu lead teens into a war based on propaganda?
Why were the weak soldiers put in the on the frontline?
Why were non igbos placed around igboland?
Nigerian forces never even reached into igbo heartland.

If you gave us the choice of 1000 rifles or milk for 50,000 starving children, we’d take the guns.”

http://www.dawodu.com/omoigui27.htm

very heartless and selfish dont you think?

So what happened? You took the guns and still starved the 50,000 to death right? I'm not even going into your games but I would say that if Biafra had 1000 guns, the 50,000 would still be alive today.
If Biafra had 40,000 rifles, the 2 million would still be alive today.
You were basically starving unarmed people to death! Cowards!
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by sjeezy8: 7:58am On Sep 19, 2009
Umm that was a quote from a biafran soldier.

How/Why would Nigerian soldiers give guns to Biafran soldiers?

sjeezy8:

Meanwhile, Major General Emeka Ojukwu was exhorting Biafrans to resort to guerrilla warfare in a fight to the finish. He was quoted as saying:

“We shall all have to return to our provinces and villages. We shall turn out and harass the enemy at every turn and chase him out of our land.”

Indeed the Biafran delegation to the peace talks in Kampala walked out on May 31st, 1968. In support of Ojukwu’s position, another unnamed Biafran officer told the British journalist, John de St. Jorre,

“If you gave us the choice of 1000 rifles or milk for 50,000 starving children, we’d take the guns.”

Set against this apparent determination to continue fighting, it was through the Uli airstrip that the first large consignment of French weapons to Biafra began arriving in late August, consisting of 2000 rockets and millions of rounds of ammunition delivered serially in 20-ton aliquots of ordnance every night.

Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by nex(m): 11:55am On Sep 19, 2009
@Onlytruth

I'm really impressed with the way you can take any reasonable discussion and drag it to your level where you can make complete nonsense of everything and everyone.

How many people died in the Biafran war in total? Please, statistics and not "my father said".

You have to ask yourself if the Igbos did everything they could to win the war. Didn't they? But they didn't win the war still.

Were the Biafran soldiers taking Nigerian soldiers as prisoners of war? No. They were slaughtering them because Ojukwu had convinced them that the Nigerians were VANDALS. On the other hand, ask your father if the Nigerian Army did not take Biafran soldiers prisoners. In fact, ask Phillip Effiong and his colleagues.

The more dangerous and brutal army in the Biafran war was Ojukwu's which recruited lots of child soldiers because they know how easy it is to brainwash them and use them to unleash unhindered mass murder. The only good thing was that the Nigerian Army had superior firepower, training and personnel strength. If it were the Igbos, 20 million would have been dead.

OnlyTruth, I know your father did not fight in the Biafran war so all the stories he's told you which you are taking as the Only Truth you know today were cooked up in his sick head.

The day will come when you will die for Nigeria. When the enemy will come and you will realise they don't discriminate tribally, they're out for all. When Nigeria and all Nigerians are set for extermination, then you will know. You will know that the time for you to die for Nigeria has come.
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by igboboy1(m): 12:30pm On Sep 19, 2009
I chop winch? Me die for a God forsaken country, CHineke ekwe la ihe ojoor!!!!!
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by bibiking1(m): 12:41pm On Sep 19, 2009
Really it isn't worth it now, maybe later in the future sha but definitely not now
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by pcicero(m): 2:08pm On Sep 19, 2009
Am i missing something? Were those Biafran soldiers fighting for Nigeria or a sectional interest?
I would rather say that the Nigerian soldiers who fought for the unity of the country were those who wanted to die for the poor country.
Must you make Igbo and Biafran propaganda out of every political post?
I know some Biafran propagandists and revisionists would begin to rabble. I am ready for you. But please read the OP first before making your blighted comments here.
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by back2back(f): 2:14pm On Sep 19, 2009
you die for nothing!

I rather live for Nigeria and enjoy my share of the Oil and goodies!
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by sjeezy8: 2:37pm On Sep 19, 2009
^^^^^ lol me 2
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by Onlytruth(m): 10:11pm On Sep 19, 2009
nex:

@Onlytruth

I'm really impressed with the way you can take any reasonable discussion and drag it to your level where you can make complete nonsense of everything and everyone.

The logic of my position is not meant for dimwits. So excuse me! And being from Edo (Bini specifically), what can I say to you? Your people waylaid and killed Igbos fleeing to the east from Lagos. I don't expect any rationality or even repentance from you.
So carry go!

How many people died in the Biafran war in total? Please, statistics and not "my father said".

The internet is the biggest supplier of information today. So go find out!

You have to ask yourself if the Igbos did everything they could to win the war. Didn't they? But they didn't win the war still.

The only time you can qualify to ask that question is after the Edo or Bini have fought a war with Nigeria and survived, then you can ask that!

Were the Biafran soldiers taking Nigerian soldiers as prisoners of war? No. They were slaughtering them because Ojukwu had convinced them that the Nigerians were VANDALS. On the other hand, ask your father if the Nigerian Army did not take Biafran soldiers prisoners. In fact, ask Phillip Effiong and his colleagues.

If the Nigerians weren't vandals, tell me why Nigeria can't even refine petroleum in peace time, something Biafra did in war time.

The more dangerous and brutal army in the Biafran war was Ojukwu's which recruited lots of child soldiers because they know how easy it is to brainwash them and use them to unleash unhindered mass murder. The only good thing was that the Nigerian Army had superior firepower, training and personnel strength. If it were the Igbos, 20 million would have been dead.

You are simply echoing the war time Nigerian propaganda. Haven't more than 20 million Nigerians died out of want and poverty since 1970?
Better still, didn't a Nigerian member of the house Ibn N'allah recently call for the murder of 20 million Niger deltans for the sake of oil?
You people are just incurable!

OnlyTruth, I know your father did not fight in the Biafran war so all the stories he's told you which you are taking as the Only Truth you know today were cooked up in his sick head.

Your father was Lawrence Anini -the notorious armed robber- who was executed in the 80s. All your female family members are prostitutes in Italy. Ewu!

The day will come when you will die for Nigeria. When the enemy will come and you will realise they don't discriminate tribally, they're out for all. When Nigeria and all Nigerians are set for extermination, then you will know. You will know that the time for you to die for Nigeria has come.

People are dying for Nigeria everyday, from: lack of healthcare, armed robbers and kidnappers, oil war, grand theft by politicians, accidental discharge by police, roads full of death traps and many others. People are dying alright for her! Just not me, thank God!

Like I said, someone has to explain to me, Igbos and other minorities why innocent old people and children had to be starved to death in Biafra. You can trivialize this question all you want but real smart people know that if you don't address those things, it could repeat again.
If that question is not addressed, the N'allahs of this world are warming up for a repeat, this time in Niger delta.

I CANNOT DIE FOR NIGERIA because Nigeria kills innocents!
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by sjeezy8: 11:11pm On Sep 19, 2009
Onlytruth:

The logic of my position is not meant for dimwits. So excuse me! And being from Edo (Bini specifically), what can I say to you? Your people waylaid and killed Igbos fleeing to the east from Lagos. I don't expect any rationality or even repentance from you.
So carry go!

The internet is the biggest supplier of information today. So go find out!

The only time you can qualify to ask that question is after the Edo or Bini have fought a war with Nigeria and survived, then you can ask that!

If the Nigerians weren't vandals, tell me why Nigeria can't even refine petroleum in peace time, something Biafra did in war time.

You are simply echoing the war time Nigerian propaganda. Haven't more than 20 million Nigerians died out of want and poverty since 1970?
Better still, didn't a Nigerian member of the house Ibn N'allah recently call for the murder of 20 million Niger deltans for the sake of oil?
You people are just incurable!

Your father was Lawrence Anini -the notorious armed robber- who was executed in the 80s. All your female family members are prostitutes in Italy. Ewu!

People are dying for Nigeria everyday, from: lack of healthcare, armed robbers and kidnappers, oil war, grand theft by politicians, accidental discharge by police, roads full of death traps and many others. People are dying alright for her! Just not me, thank God!

Like I said, someone has to explain to me, Igbos and other minorities why innocent old people and children had to be starved to death in Biafra. You can trivialize this question all you want but real smart people know that if you don't address those things, it could repeat again.
If that question is not addressed, the N'allahs of this world are warming up for a repeat, this time in Niger delta.

I CANNOT DIE FOR NIGERIA because Nigeria kills innocents!

I think you misunderstood what he meant because he was right

If it was flipped and the Igbos were in the position of the Nigerian govt, The igbos would have savagely slaughtered 20 million people compared to those 2 million who died because of ojukuwus arrogance and immaturity.
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by Onlytruth(m): 11:29pm On Sep 19, 2009
sjeezy8:

If it was flipped and the Igbos were in the position of the Nigerian govt, The igbos would have savagely slaughtered 20 million people compared to those 2 million who died because of ojukuwus arrogance and immaturity.

Mass murder only exists as part of the normal mental workings of mass murderers! You cannot give what you don't have. I say what already happened. I am even saying what your member of house of reps said this year -20 million deltans to die for oil.

If Igbos had the upper hand in the war, even Nigeria would have been a better country today. Igbos are not a murderous and bloodthirsty people. Our history says so clearly. Even here on NL, the only people threatening war are those (Nigerians of other tribes) who fear that Igbos might leave Nigeria. Some of the architects of the war against Biafra have since changed their political positions concerning Nigeria's future. Back to the topic, how can any sane Igbo die for Nigeria?
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by kosovo(m): 11:30pm On Sep 19, 2009
no comment!
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by Onlytruth(m): 11:31pm On Sep 19, 2009
Tell me how many times Igbos killed foreigners on their soil. Has it ever happened?
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by kosovo(m): 11:33pm On Sep 19, 2009
sjeezy8:

[size=16pt]NOISE[/size]
pathetic human fella!
 what a waste!
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by kellorah: 11:34pm On Sep 19, 2009
WOW!! How u guys turned this into an Igbo/Yoruba thing is shocking!!

What has the tribe of a person got to do with their leadership qualities?! How old r u people? shocked shocked
And u will be the first ones to cuss out racists.

This is sad!!
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by kosovo(m): 11:37pm On Sep 19, 2009
@ kellorah

What has the tribe of a person got to do with their leadership qualities?! How old r u people?

This is sad!
i completely agree with you, grin
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by THEAMAKA(f): 11:40pm On Sep 19, 2009
kellorah:

What has the tribe of a person got to do with their leadership qualities?! How old r u people? shocked shocked

This is sad!!
i cant agree more.
GBAM!!
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by Onlytruth(m): 11:45pm On Sep 19, 2009
I laugh in Igbo. grin

This thread is for the peoples of the enclave of Nigeria (which includes the territories of Biafra). This is not for foreigners please!
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by sjeezy8: 11:46pm On Sep 19, 2009
kellorah:

This is sad!!

Im not the one declaring biafra or any oduduwa republic.
you should direct your comments to people like that instead of being indirect

Onlytruth:

Mass murder only exists as part of the normal mental workings of mass murderers! You cannot give what you don't have. I say what already happened. I am even saying what your member of house of reps said this year -20 million deltans to die for oil.

If Igbos had the upper hand in the war, even Nigeria would have been a better country today. Igbos are not a murderous and bloodthirsty people. Our history says so clearly. Even here on NL, the only people threatening war are those (Nigerians of other tribes) who fear that Igbos might leave Nigeria. Some of the architects of the war against Biafra have since changed their political positions concerning Nigeria's future. Back to the topic, how can any sane Igbo die for Nigeria?

ok good for Biafra i can care less lol

Declare Biafra no ones stopping you but the rest of the south isn't helping you either.

I cant die for anyone one but i can live for those who live for me.
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by THEAMAKA(f): 11:48pm On Sep 19, 2009
^^^^^
oh hush!
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by Onlytruth(m): 11:50pm On Sep 19, 2009
sjeezy8:

ok good for Biafra i can care less lol

Declare Biafra no ones stopping you but the rest of the south isn't helping you either.

I cant die for anyone one but i can live for those who live for me.

Good for you!  Just don't kill anyone either! If anyone wants to control his resources or secede, don't kill him for it too! Thank you!!
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by sjeezy8: 11:54pm On Sep 19, 2009
THE AMAKA:

^^^^^
oh hush!

indirect tribalist
Onlytruth:

Good for you! Just don't kill anyone either! If anyone wants to control his resources or secede, don't kill him for it too! Thank you!!

We yorubas didn't kill anyone the likes of the great AWO prevented any more biafrans from being shot by an army of which the majority where northerners.

thank you
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by kellorah: 11:56pm On Sep 19, 2009
Onlytruth:

I laugh in Igbo. grin

This thread is for the peoples of the enclave of Nigeria (which includes the territories of Biafra). This is not for foreigners please!

So ur saying it's OK ??

sjeezy8:

And I thought it was pretty obvious what kind of people my post was directed at. undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by THEAMAKA(f): 11:58pm On Sep 19, 2009
dont you people ever get tired of arguing with each other?
the biafrans or whatever they call themselves will never give up. they stick firmly behind what they believe and will not change it for anything.
the yorubas or what not, believe what they believe, and i highly doubt someone can change their minds because they are stuck on what they believe in.

everyone believes what they believe.
its like a muslim arguing with a catholic.
they believe what they believe, and thats it.

sjeezy8:

indirect tribalist

and how am i a tribalist? since when dont i like yorubas?
or is that something you made up?
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by sjeezy8: 12:01am On Sep 20, 2009
kellorah:

So your saying it's OK ??

And I thought it was pretty obvious what kind of people my post was directed at. undecided undecided undecided undecided

How can it be obvious when you statement was to general?
Within your original post you said you guys when its only one guy. You said yoruba and igbo when it was only igbo. Which is why i said can you be more direct.

My stand point is from Nigeria not from yoruba or anything else
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by THEAMAKA(f): 12:02am On Sep 20, 2009
sjeezy8:

POW, POW!!
hahaha!!

na wa ooo!!
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by kellorah: 12:09am On Sep 20, 2009
Well, I didn't have to spell out who I was referring to, and I wasn't talking to one person in particular.
And no it wasn't too general, it was just general and not direct or indirect either!! There was no need to be direct.
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

sjeezy8:

How can it be obvious when you statement was to general?
Within your original post you said you guys when its only one guy. You said yoruba and igbo when it was only igbo. Which is why i said can you be more direct.

Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by udezue(m): 12:10am On Sep 20, 2009
I wouldn't do such a stupid thing.
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by kosovo(m): 12:11am On Sep 20, 2009
you guys don't seems to ever get tired of making a NOISE!
simply pathetic!
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by THEAMAKA(f): 12:11am On Sep 20, 2009
kellorah:

Well, I didn't have to spell out who I was referring to, and I wasn't talking to one person in particular.
And no it wasn't too general, it was just general and not direct or indirect either!! There was no need to be direct.
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

why are you making that face?
abeg, STAND UP!
no mind him.
lol
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by THEAMAKA(f): 12:11am On Sep 20, 2009
kosovo:

you guys don't seems to ever get tired of making a NOISE!
simply pathetic!
what is "making a NOISE" ?
isnt it "making NOISE"

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Challenges Of Leadership In Nigeria: A Review By Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu / Minimum Wage: Labour Waits For Senate As Reps Approve N30,000 / Tinubu Behind Success Of APC – Sanwo-Olu Insists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.