Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,442 members, 7,846,814 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 01:25 AM

Can You Die For Nigeria? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can You Die For Nigeria? (10652 Views)

Arunma Oteh Is Ready To Die For SEC / Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) / I’m Ready To Die For Nigeria –obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by Teezy(f): 10:11pm On Jul 22, 2006
@jimmy
why'd u add a phone number there lol
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by shango(m): 10:51pm On Jul 22, 2006
I will dye for Nigeria. My hair that is cheesy
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by favour5(f): 11:26pm On Jul 22, 2006
which Nigeria are u talking about? Is it the Nigeria which in ONE on the map or the Nigeria where the Northerners, Southerners and Westerners all see and consider each other different people and the other inferior than they?
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by sweetnini(f): 8:07am On Jul 23, 2006
well the one on the map is preferable to talk bout
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by favour5(f): 11:08am On Jul 23, 2006
oh well then, i can gladly die for d one on the map.
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by Jakumo(m): 5:44pm On Jul 23, 2006
I can imagine dying while trying to flee Nigeria, if I happened to get caught there during an outbreak of war, but I am not sure if that sort of demise would qualify me for the promised virgins.
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by kellorah: 6:56pm On Jul 23, 2006
@ topis: NOPE. aint dying for no one!
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by Rhodalyn(f): 6:58pm On Jul 23, 2006
for Nigeria?? not even if it meant Saving a whole nation!!
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by Izzo(m): 7:03pm On Jul 23, 2006
I really don't think Nigeria is worth dying for from the past, present and also in the future.
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by ono(m): 8:49pm On Jul 23, 2006
I see many of you folks won't die for Nigeria. I find this hard to correlate with your not willing that it should split up.

There are soldiers out there willing and ready to die for this country. Soldiers of other countries go to war to defend the interests of their nation (I bet you'd say they were trained to die, right?). Here we have many Nigerians on this board not willing to lay down their lives for their fatherland. But they don't want it the broken up either! What an irony!

Don't tell me there's no link whatsoever between breaking up and dying for the country. Your replies only shows how much you love your country - skindeep! And you're in Nigeria basically for what you can get from it.
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by kellorah: 8:50pm On Jul 23, 2006
till date i don't know why people 'volunteer' to join the army. see all these british troops in iraq etc dying maka y?
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by omonozozo(m): 9:27pm On Jul 23, 2006
I will die for Nigeria, if it would make things better for all. cool
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by kellorah: 9:28pm On Jul 23, 2006
i doubt it will make a difference
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by retro(f): 9:42pm On Jul 23, 2006
kellorah:

i doubt it will make a difference

Lmfao! That was GREAT! Hahahaha!
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by kellorah: 9:43pm On Jul 23, 2006
:d
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by superman(m): 1:09am On Jul 24, 2006
its only a foolsih nigerian will say no! so lunatic
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by bluenubian(f): 2:12am On Jul 24, 2006
shocked heck to the f*ck naw, angry angry angry angry

thats like asking me if i want to die for obasanjo, babangida and abacha, God forbid bad thing!! angry angry angry angry
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by Teezy(f): 2:16am On Jul 24, 2006
Lmaoo. I guess from most of d replies, nigeria aint worth shxt undecided N i thought it was a good country shockednever bn there
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by Nutter(m): 2:23am On Jul 24, 2006
Will I die for Nigeria? Don’t be ridiculous!
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by bluenubian(f): 2:23am On Jul 24, 2006
nah teezy, its not that its that nigeria is worth nothing,
believe me, if things weren't so corrupt there, i would rather be living there, our food, culture, party life, every thing is lovely except when it comes to politics, so if anyone died for nigeria the only person that will remember them would be their family.
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by superman(m): 2:32am On Jul 24, 2006
before anyone reframe the question out of contest! it says would u die for nigeria not for the corrupt politicians rite does it make sense now! some have already die for nigeria shuld u care to know arite
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by bluenubian(f): 2:37am On Jul 24, 2006
like u say maybe they need to reprase the question, cause like i said i wont die for nigeria in a million years, but if u ask me if i would die for my family which are all nigerian then yeah!!

@superman abeg make it easy on people, i have to read ur sentences like 10 times before i understand what the F*ck u trying to say
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by Nutter(m): 2:40am On Jul 24, 2006
Maybe I could die for Naija. Depending on the situation. - Chxta

You are just a hypocrite. My heart bleeds for you.

There's no country worth dying for!

Countries were created to serve people's interests, and not the other way round!

There is no country that will agree to be destroyed to save the life of an individual, therefore there's no country worth dying for. - Seun

Seun, this is incredibly poor logic on your part. When one willingly lays down his/her life for their country, it is often due to the need to safeguard the country’s culture, values and beliefs for future generations. It may also be done as a result of the need to preserve the lives of the other citizens of the country. A country is, after all, determined by the quality of people it houses. Go to the States, Greece, Japan, Norway and other countries with a strong sense of nationalism and you will find a sturdy willingness to sacrifice life (if need be).

well seun you're soooo right – sweetnini

No. He is soooo wrong!

superman:

its only a foolsih nigerian will say no! so lunatic

superman:

before anyone reframe the question out of contest! it says would u die for nigeria not for the corrupt politicians rite does it make sense now! some have already die for nigeria shuld u care to know arite

Mr Superman, are you still here? You are still here typing? Time to get a move on. Your country is thirsting for blood now. So, when exactly are you going to Nigeria to die for her? Can I watch?
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by bluenubian(f): 2:43am On Jul 24, 2006
yeah nutter, save me a sit cause i wanna watch too
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by Nutter(m): 2:49am On Jul 24, 2006
Only if you bring the popcorn. This’ll be fun.

Ok superman, time to rip open your shirt and show us how big the S is.
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by superman(m): 2:50am On Jul 24, 2006
hahah well u know speakin english as a 10th language is a very very big massive palaver! not my problem people !
well im sure dem shiny lips in bluenubain picture will do! wonder if i shuld translate this to janpanise would that help hmmm
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by bluenubian(f): 2:52am On Jul 24, 2006
@superman
u are answering the old question, we wanna know when showtime is-

"superman jumps in river niger for his country" - come watch live!!!

@nutter
ofcourse popcorn is on me, heck i throw in jellybean too
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by superman(m): 2:56am On Jul 24, 2006
hahh well it depends on wat river niger u are talkin about! for the one under ur duver in ur bedshit well why not bluenubain! u need janpanise translator i gt one in hand love
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by diddy4(m): 2:59am On Jul 24, 2006
please i also wann@ watch the movie superman dies for naija.
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by Nutter(m): 3:01am On Jul 24, 2006
This superman bloke is a joker.

@bluenubian and diddy

Seems like the show has been put on hold. Methinks the star/superhero is about to call-in sick.
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by bluenubian(f): 3:02am On Jul 24, 2006
@diddy
abeg what is that man talking, is he gonna jump or not?, cause my popcorn is getting cold
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by ToyM28(f): 3:02am On Jul 24, 2006
I can die for my country. Their is a thread like this, and i ahve given my reasons why. But all i know is that my country is my country and nothing can beat it. So yes i can die for my country

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Nigerian Newspaper Reader Bases / Ali Bongo The Igbo President In Gabon The Real Photo / Falana: Hold Government Responsible For Herdsmen Killings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.