Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,710 members, 7,851,413 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:52 PM

Can You Die For Nigeria? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can You Die For Nigeria? (10657 Views)

Arunma Oteh Is Ready To Die For SEC / Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) / I’m Ready To Die For Nigeria –obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by bluenubian(f): 3:03am On Jul 24, 2006
@toy
oh u said u already gave ur reasons, ok do me a favor, jus give me the best reason,

u and superman can do a collabo!!,
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by diddy4(m): 3:04am On Jul 24, 2006
yeah. superman and toy die for niaja

@blue
warm the popcorn cuzz its about to get started again.
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by Nutter(m): 3:05am On Jul 24, 2006
Good for you ToyM28! Is this happening anytime soon? We need a replacement.

Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons you refer to?
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by ToyM28(f): 3:07am On Jul 24, 2006
Actually, my reason is that, if our forefathers cld die for our country then must have seen something to die for in our country. And if i dont have kids by the time a situation like dat shld arise, i wld rather die aiding to help nigeria become a better place for my little cuzins and nephews and nicesies.
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by bluenubian(f): 3:11am On Jul 24, 2006
yeah our forefathers had a reason. Where is the freaking reason now, i dont see no dammn reason but billions of our naira in personal swiss bank accout of out leaders.
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by Nutter(m): 3:15am On Jul 24, 2006
Toy,

Sorry, I really don't get your reason.

In addition, why is your willingness to die dependent on whether you have kids or not? If you can die to give your cousins a better life, why can't you transfer the same sacrifice to your kids?
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by bluenubian(f): 3:18am On Jul 24, 2006
ooh nutter good one, u are shooo shmart!! oya, toy begin answer
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by superman(m): 3:19am On Jul 24, 2006
na lie would u die for nigeria

would u die for your politicans !

i think there is a difference ! written in plain english i hope people that spk english as third lang

anyway i call it a day im gona jump under bluenubian duver in her bedsheet now for nigeria ! under the count of 4  3 2 bluenubian u ready ! can u see me awoahhhhhhhhhh !
i swear nigeria that feel so nice i swear hmm! gd night still to yall ! hey close that door im busy here
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by Nutter(m): 3:21am On Jul 24, 2006
bluenubian:

ooh nutter good one, u are shooo shmart!! oya, toy begin answer

cheesy Just trying to understand the workings of Toy's mind.
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by bluenubian(f): 3:23am On Jul 24, 2006
superman, u must really like my name, cant u post somethin without including bluenubian, u can jus call me blue u know!! and when are u gonna die for politicians nigeria
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by ToyM28(f): 3:24am On Jul 24, 2006
@ Nutter. If you read it properly. I dont think i would be dat willing to die for my country if i had kids, but if i didnt i wldnt mind trying to give a better life for the youngsters i love dearly.

@ Blue, its easy to condenm that our leaders are total swindlers, theifs, corrupt buffons. I doubt i'll disagree in the long run with you. But you have to remeber that these leaders lead a bunch of people who need the economic stability the leaders seem to have. If we can start from somewhere i would be willing to. If we decide die for our country i'm a hundred percent sure that some people would decide enof is enof. They wldnt let my death or the deat of the othes be in vain.
Moreover we are quick to judge, but power creates monsters out of the best of guyz. It most take a pretty controled person, to stop themselves from using the power for selfish gain. And i'm sure some of our politicians get in with the best of intentions, but the greed is just too much. So by not looking at the situation in which they decide to swindle, i wld say that we shld insult them, but bear in mind when we get in that situation we cld even act worse than them!
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by bluenubian(f): 3:27am On Jul 24, 2006
@toy
we have to face reality, no way will ur dying change the economic status of nigeria, let our leaders die first, and i ll contribute by going to their funeral
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by Nutter(m): 3:32am On Jul 24, 2006
ToyM28:

@ Nutter. If you read it properly. I don't think i would be that willing to die for my country if i had kids, but if i didnt i wldnt mind trying to give a better life for the youngsters i love dearly.

I read it properly – then reread it. My question remains: Why wouldn’t you also die for your kids? Wouldn’t they also constitute the ‘youngsters you love dearly’?
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by ToyM28(f): 3:37am On Jul 24, 2006
Well honestly. . . . . It would take a very mean mother to actually die for her country while leaving her kid or kids behind. But if i had kids and saw that someway or the other paraventure nigerai shld need my assistance in war (as in decoding and stuff), i wld go if it means contributing to the safety of my family, my country etc. As a mother i would think twice, but as a childles lady i dont need to think twice.

@ Blue by saying i'll die for nigeria i meant in situations like wars, famine etc. I have no personal fiancila business with the economics of Nigeria. All becuse m not an economist. I'm talking about a physicall situation that demand my service.
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by diddy4(m): 3:48am On Jul 24, 2006
toy forget this dying thing. how many important people have dies but naija is still the same. forget this death thingy it aint worth it. let baba oby die then i will eat rice in his funeral afterall he helped by making sure i eat dat day.
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by Nutter(m): 3:49am On Jul 24, 2006
Toy,

There is no halfway-house here. It’s either you can or you can’t. Nigeria needs people who will die for her not people to decode Biafran intelligence cheesy. I think you should just answer ‘No’. Your ultimate sacrifice for Nigeria has too many conditions attached to it. wink
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by ToyM28(f): 3:50am On Jul 24, 2006
Well my answer will be plainly yes then! Cause no matter the re-thoughts, i'll still do it! grin
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by diddy4(m): 3:50am On Jul 24, 2006
toy i need u to mother my kids so dont die yet abeg. grin grin grin
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by ToyM28(f): 3:51am On Jul 24, 2006
awwwww, sure thing diddy. Why would i. I've got u in my heart! kiss grin
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by diddy4(m): 3:52am On Jul 24, 2006
ok baby. so dont die cuzz i need you. kiss kiss cheesy
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by bluenubian(f): 3:55am On Jul 24, 2006
@toy
its ok to contradict ur previous statements and say NO!!, we wont be mad grin grin grin
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by ToyM28(f): 3:57am On Jul 24, 2006
Ok diddy. I wldnt u have my word.

lol@ blue. U guyz cant just accpet the fact that somebody is actually serious about being ready to die for nigeria. It seems unthinkable, but u'll have to accept it!! grin grin tongue wink
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by Nutter(m): 4:00am On Jul 24, 2006
ToyM28:

Well my answer will be plainly yes then! Cause no matter the re-thoughts, i'll still do it! grin

Ok oh. If you say so  wink wink cheesy

I don't believe you though
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by diddy4(m): 4:00am On Jul 24, 2006
blue leave the girl alone naaa, she don already tell us. cheesy
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by ToyM28(f): 4:07am On Jul 24, 2006
@ Nutter and Diddy. LMFAO.

@ Nutter, watever man. One day you might need me to die for you (for what ever sick reason u cant die for yourself), and i'll be willing to help out, who knows!! grin grin

@ Diddy, help me tell her oh. Infact help me tell them grin grin
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by diddy4(m): 4:08am On Jul 24, 2006
i don dey tell them. make una leave toy alone. she don talk her own.
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by ToyM28(f): 4:13am On Jul 24, 2006
LMAO tnx hun.

Now for real m going to bed, its cuz of this thread i stayed up. So gd nite ya'll
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by diddy4(m): 4:16am On Jul 24, 2006
goodnight baby. kiss
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by Nutter(m): 4:25am On Jul 24, 2006
ToyM28:

@ Nutter, watever man. One day you might need me to die for you (for what ever sick reason u can't die for yourself), and i'll be willing to help out, who knows!! grin grin

Hmmm, will this be before or after you have kids? I'm just asking because .  .  .  you know now lipsrsealed grin

Goodnight, babes.
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 7:30am On Jul 24, 2006
I WILL DIE for 9ja so longs as its not in VAIN.
I LOVE MY Country. And I really mean that
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by Chxta(m): 9:44am On Jul 24, 2006
@ Nutter, very easy for you to resort to name calling. Why didn't you quote my entire post which gave the reason why I could die for Nigeria or not?

Maybe I should post it again. . .

Maybe I could die for Naija. Depending on the situation.

But to be frank, it would be pretty difficult for one to lay down one's life for Naija as it is currently constituted and run, when you know that if you die for the country that you will be forgotten.

But if things such as this continue to happen, we will slowly develop a sense of national pride. And it is national pride that gives people the zeal to consider making the supreme sacrifice for their country.

I have noticed that you only take the part of a statement that you want to attack and leave the rest. Next time please attempt to attack the whole thing.

And unlike you who lives in dreamland saying that Biafra and other ethnic based states are Utopia, and refuse to see anything wrong with such creations, good luck to you. I am not a hypocrite. When Naija has problems I point them out. At no time have I ever said or implied that Nigeria is perfect. Unlike you who howls about the perfect state that Biafra would be. The second paragraph of my initial post clearly pointed that out. If Nigeria has problems, I state them. Igbo land has problems, I state them. That is me.

By the way, Chris Rock has on more than one occassion publicly stated that he can't die for the United States. What does that make him? US Senators refused to send their kids to Iraq. What does that make them?

And you my dear Nutter, should your beloved pipe dream of Biafra come to fruition, would you leave the confort of London to come and stand in the trenches and fight against the onslaught that would surely follow?

I know what you would say, but know this: saying yes on an internet forum is a world away from facing up to it if (hopefully not when) that bitter reality occurs. . .
Re: Can You Die For Nigeria? by Nutter(m): 1:21pm On Jul 24, 2006
Chxta:

@ Nutter, very easy for you to resort to name calling. Why didn't you quote my entire post which gave the reason why I could die for Nigeria or not?

Maybe I should post it again. . .

Maybe I could die for Naija. Depending on the situation.

But to be frank, it would be pretty difficult for one to lay down one's life for Naija as it is currently constituted and run, when you know that if you die for the country that you will be forgotten.

But if things such as this continue to happen, we will slowly develop a sense of national pride. And it is national pride that gives people the zeal to consider making the supreme sacrifice for their country.

I have noticed that you only take the part of a statement that you want to attack and leave the rest. Next time please attempt to attack the whole thing.

1. You apparently don’t realise that the rest of your statement drives the stake in even further. You say you cannot die for Nigeria 'as it is currently constituted and run’? Maybe you should have given that more thought before you started a thread entitled “IN DEFENCE OF NAIJA”. In that thread you stated that your 'stand on the unity of the Federal Republic of Nigeria is firm and unshakeable'. There were no conditions attached so what are you on about? You should have also been willing to defend Naija under certain conditions as you are now willing to die for Naija under certain conditions. Anything else is hypocritical. It is that simple. It is not an either, or. You cannot pick and choose. You cannot have it both ways. I won’t allow it.

2. Now that the shoe is on your foot you are huffing and puffing. For whom? Me? You having a laugh? You seem to have chosen to forget the many times you have resorted to calling others names on this forum. All I have expressed is the truth and I stand by it!

Chxta:

And unlike you who lives in dreamland saying that Biafra and other ethnic based states are Utopia, and refuse to see anything wrong with such creations, good luck to you. I am not a hypocrite. When Naija has problems I point them out. At no time have I ever said or implied that Nigeria is perfect. Unlike you who howls about the perfect state that Biafra would be. 

1.  cheesy Why so angry?

2. Point me to one quote where I said Biafra would be perfect. Just one. Else, don't accuse me falsely.

Chxta:

By the way, Chris Rock has on more than one occassion publicly stated that he can't die for the United States. What does that make him? US Senators refused to send their kids to Iraq. What does that make them?

1. The correct spelling is occasion.

2. Your example is irrelevant. It is not specific enough to be of direct bearing. Concentrate on your Nigeria and the sacrifice (or not) of your life for her.

Chxta:

And you my dear Nutter, should your beloved pipe dream of Biafra come to fruition, would you leave the confort of London to come and stand in the trenches and fight against the onslaught that would surely follow?

I know what you would say, but know this: saying yes on an internet forum is a world away from facing up to it if (hopefully not when) that bitter reality occurs. . .

1. The correct spelling is comfort.

2. Should my beloved pipe dream come to fruition? That’s very poor sentence construction. A pipe dream is an unrealistic hope – it cannot, therefore, come to fruition! You claim to be a master of the English language and even go further to point out the errors of others, yet you come up with such mediocrity?

3. What I have done for Biafra thus far would shock you – really! I don’t have to prove myself to you, my dear man. I am what I am wink. Patience, Chxta, all will be revealed in the fullness of time. When (not if) that time comes, you’d feel quite silly for this last statement.

Next!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

List Of Christian Public Holidays Design To Christianize Nigeria / Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. / Lagos’ll Soon Be Third Largest Africa’s Economy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.