Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,634 members, 7,958,906 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 07:08 AM

Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola (43724 Views)

Omojuwa Mocks Fayose For Travelling To China(photos) / Jonathan Calls Buhari Over Kaduna Bomb Blast / Patience Jonathan Calls For Peace In Rivers State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by logica(m): 2:18pm On Aug 13, 2014
tpia1:

There are still a lot of americans waiting to be evacuated from liberia. I doubt sawyer would have been given special treatment prior to recent events. Still speculation anyway.
Glad to know you realize you are merely speculating. Any US citizen positive for Ebola infection would automatically be given higher priority and evacuated if necessary. This should be pretty obvious.
Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by Nobody: 2:18pm On Aug 13, 2014
wills:

MissMeiya. Your comments are one of the very few here making any sense, how people excuse the failure of Govt to have taken precautionary measures at all point of entries, is just so shocking.

More shocking is how folks would think it's ok for President GJ to call the Victim a madman, an irresponsible and unnecessary comment at this time when all focus should be on preventing the spread of the virus.

Seeing how people reason and the comments on this topic and on NL in general, personally I think the falling standards of education,especially tertiary education in Nigeria is really a thing of serious.

Young Nigerians, Read, Develop Your Mind,Think Independently -

oga why you dey reason like this now? so many things are annoying me with this your post sir..no offense o but what is the correlation between calling the man crazy and d ongoing efforts to control the virus??

i want to believe you are informed about this case? what precautionary measures could the government have taken t prevent Mr Sawyer from bringing Ebola here?

the floor is yours if you care for it

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by tpia1: 2:32pm On Aug 13, 2014
logica: Glad to know you realize you are merely speculating. Any US citizen positive for Ebola infection would automatically be given higher priority and evacuated if necessary. This should be pretty obvious.

We're both speculating.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by logica(m): 2:39pm On Aug 13, 2014
tpia1:

We're both speculating.
Lol. You don't know the meaning of speculation it seems. I have just told you the standard US practice. There is a reason 2 US citizens who required critical medical assistance were immediately evacuated.
Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by logica(m): 2:42pm On Aug 13, 2014
MissMeiya:

Congratulations on managing to hold a civil conversation until now. Do you want a cookie? What's your alternative? That Sawyer intentionally booked his flight to Liberia and then to a "supposed" conference in Nigeria, so he could purposely infect himself and bring it to Nigeria, and die there?

Really, what's your theory, genius?
Any theory from a Manchurian Candidate to Brainwashing by Martians sound more plausible than the boneheaded one you came up with; and that is putting it mildly.
Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by Nobody: 3:17pm On Aug 13, 2014
@harrvey u no well i guess u are also a terrorist shut ur f*****g mouth as for sawyer no kingdom of GOD for the bloody idiot thank GOD he collapse early if not u would support gej mumu.
Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by OlusolaWarrior: 3:24pm On Aug 13, 2014
If GEJ no talk now, una go dey yab am say him too mumu. Wetin human beings fit do to please una kind? Haba! GEJ was right in calling the man crazy. Respect for the dead? So what? And what has Obama got to do with this one? This is Naija; we have our culture and ways of doing things. You do not expect Jonathan to start acting like an American. The cultures are different, biko!

HarrveySpecter: Little wonder Nigeria is in the state it is. The way Nigerians celebrate mediocre, is just unbelievable. What happens to being professional and using professional terms?
We all know what Obama must have thought of Osama, but we don't see obama calling him names in public? Putin get America/obama for mind, but he doesn't call them/him names in public.
Besides the man is deceased, he deserves a little bit of respect.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by wills(m): 3:24pm On Aug 13, 2014
AncientJerk:

oga why you dey reason like this now? so many things are annoying me with this your post sir..no offense o but what is the correlation between calling the man crazy and d ongoing efforts to control the virus??

i want to believe you are informed about this case? what precautionary measures could the government have taken t prevent Mr Sawyer from bringing Ebola here?

the floor is yours if you care for it

To answer you : The correlation is simple,Mr. President is tactless in his speech even at such a crucial time of a national health emergency : That's why for example this tread on NL has so far centered on Mr. President use of the term "crazy man" and not as much as the efforts being taken to curtail the spread of Ebola Virus.

To your 2nd Question, I ask you this 1st, what precautionary measures is the Govt taking now?

Could this not have already been in place way ahead of time when it was very clear the virus was ravaging countries in West Africa.

The simple truth is if only the govt had even set up minimal screening centers at international airport to check people entering Nigeria via regional flights especially from West Africa, Mr. Sawyer would have been at least stopped @ the airport - saving the whole situation Nigeria has in its hands now.

The Victim Came Into Nigeria- Because Not A Single Ebola Alert or Check Was In Place. Our Govt Failed To Prepare for this despite knowing an Ebola carrier can come into the country. Let Just Thank God Only One Infected Man Came That Day From Liberia- What If they where 10 Infected Carriers on That Flight? The Progression of this viral spread would be 10times what you see today.

Don't Excuse the failure of Govt, it's there to protect you- when you excuse Govt, you encourage mediocrity.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by tpia1: 3:26pm On Aug 13, 2014
logica: Lol. You don't know the meaning of speculation it seems. I have just told you the standard US practice. There is a reason 2 US citizens who required critical medical assistance were immediately evacuated.

do you have any explanation why mr sawyer did not request evacuation back to the US?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by logica(m): 3:57pm On Aug 13, 2014
tpia1:

do you have any explanation why mr sawyer did not request evacuation back to the US?
At best, he suffers from a Personality Disorder (Narcissistic Personality Disorder comes to mind) or Mental Illness that makes him to perpetually be in denial of reality: when his sister was infected he continued to care for her refusing to consider Ebola till he got infected; and he even rejected the diagnosis of Ebola for his sister even though she died.

At worst it was a vindictive and intentional plot to infect Nigerians. I saw reports indicating he knew he was infected and kept to himself while leaving Liberia. Why did he lie when interviewed by the Nigerian medical team that catered to him about exposure to Ebola? Why did he get his people to call the medical staff to let him go and continue his assignment in Nigeria? Does that look like someone looking for medical assistance?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by uzoexcel(m): 4:00pm On Aug 13, 2014
sawyer may not be a xtian grin grin grin
nickikute: @harrvey u no well i guess u are also a terrorist shut ur f*****g mouth as for sawyer no kingdom of GOD for the bloody idiot thank GOD he collapse early if not u would support gej mumu.
Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by Nobody: 4:36pm On Aug 13, 2014
wills:

To answer you : The correlation is simple,Mr. President is tactless in his speech even at such a crucial time of a national health emergency : That's why for example this tread on NL has so far centered on Mr. President use of the term "crazy man" and not as much as the efforts being taken to curtail the spread of Ebola Virus.

To your 2nd Question, I ask you this 1st, what precautionary measures is the Govt taking now?

Could this not have already been in place way ahead of time when it was very clear the virus was ravaging countries in West Africa.

The simple truth is if only the govt had even set up minimal screening centers at international airport to check people entering Nigeria via regional flights especially from West Africa, Mr. Sawyer would have been at least stopped @ the airport
- saving the whole situation Nigeria has in its hands now.

The Victim Came Into Nigeria- Because Not A Single Ebola Alert or Check Was In Place. Our Govt Failed To Prepare for this despite knowing an Ebola carrier can come into the country. Let Just Thank God Only One Infected Man Came That Day From Liberia- What If they where 10 Infected Carriers on That Flight? The Progression of this viral spread would be 10times what you see today.

Don't Excuse the failure of Govt, it's there to protect you- when you excuse Govt, you encourage mediocrity.

the question is what is the correlation between the president calling the guy crazy the national ebola prevention efforts? as in: how does Mr presidents word directly or indirectly have a relationship with the actual efforts being made to prevent the spread of ebole in the country?

secondly, guy this is the point you all need to grasp: Sawyer was evacuated right from the plane straight to the hospital because he was already showing serious symptoms mid-air.... understand?

let me try again. he did not pass through any immigration official, he did not penetrate any border; he got sick on the plane and was rushed straight to the hospital once the plane landed.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by tpia1: 4:52pm On Aug 13, 2014
logica: At best, he suffers from a Personality Disorder (Narcissistic Personality Disorder comes to mind) or Mental Illness that makes him to perpetually be in denial of reality: when his sister was infected he continued to care for her refusing to consider Ebola till he got infected; and he even rejected the diagnosis of Ebola for his sister even though she died.

At worst it was a vindictive and intentional plot to infect Nigerians. I saw reports indicating he knew he was infected and kept to himself while leaving Liberia. Why did he lie when interviewed by the Nigerian medical team that catered to him about exposure to Ebola? Why did he get his people to call the medical staff to let him go and continue his assignment in Nigeria? Does that look like someone looking for medical assistance?

There are no answers to these questions until we know something of his history.

First, has he been to nigeria before?

Second, who did he interact with, or which nigerians ( in quote) are his contacts/friends.

Third, did no one in nigeria know his movements before boarding the plane ie that he'd just cared for his sister who incidentally, had ebola.

Fourth, Where is his boss who its said took the flight with him?

Many other questions.
Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by Iceking1(m): 5:09pm On Aug 13, 2014
LilPeezy: aw e tek affect u?out of annoyance jooor!!!!!sawyer is a mad man

gud 1
Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by Iceking1(m): 5:15pm On Aug 13, 2014
HarrveySpecter: I am just watching channels news and the president was meeting with governors and in his speech where he was giving a brief history on how ebola came to Nigeria. He said, "sawyer after going to his sisters burial and participated in one way or the other, contacted the disease. He was advised to stay but the "crazy man" (with using his hand as gesture) refuse to listen."

Something in that line.

How can a president talk like this on national TV for the love?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVgGCXVUrEU

Source: Channels news

oloshi, go and hide ur face in shame , u thought ur Janjaweedians will support u in dis 1, bt u failed woefully... Dog
Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by soulglo: 5:50pm On Aug 13, 2014
AncientJerk:

the question is what is the correlation between the president calling the guy crazy the national ebola prevention efforts? as in: how does Mr presidents word directly or indirectly have a relationship with the actual efforts being made to prevent the spread of ebole in the country?

secondly, guy this is the point you all need to grasp: Sawyer was evacuated right from the plane straight to the hospital because he was already showing serious symptoms mid-air.... understand?

let me try again. he did not pass through any immigration official, he did not penetrate any border; he got sick on the plane and was rushed straight to the hospital once the plane landed.

I have to say kudos to the Dr that would not be pressured into discharging him. Most people would have caved had they gotten a call from an Embassy. I don't know his name but he saved many Nigerian lives. If Sawyer had reached Calabar it would have been disastrous. I think Nigeria handled this well and I am usually a tough critic of Nigeria and her many issues.
Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by logica(m): 6:15pm On Aug 13, 2014
tpia1:

There are no answers to these questions until we know something of his history.

First, has he been to nigeria before?

Second, who did he interact with, or which nigerians ( in quote) are his contacts/friends.

Third, did no one in nigeria know his movements before boarding the plane ie that he'd just cared for his sister who incidentally, had ebola.

Fourth, Where is his boss who its said took the flight with him?

Many other questions.
Whatever the case may be, his trip to Nigeria definitely had no bearing with him getting prompt medical attention. Though several of your questions here do not need answers. For instance, Nigeria need not be aware of his exposure to Ebola; that was the business of Liberia. Nigeria cannot be sending an Ebola patient as a representative to South Africa without looking foolish.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by Nobody: 6:15pm On Aug 13, 2014
soulglo:

I have to say kudos to the Dr that would not be pressured into discharging him. Most people would have caved had they gotten a call from an Embassy. I don't know his name but he saved many Nigerian lives. If Sawyer had reached Calabar it would have been disastrous. I think Nigeria handled this well and I am usually a tough critic of Nigeria and her many issues.

precisely.
Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by MisterLongman(m): 7:26pm On Aug 13, 2014
iyke926: ...a crazy white man sad
Is he a white man...... No need pulling racist stunts guy....... Sawyer is indeed crazy because his actions prior to his arrival in Nigeria shows he intentionally came here to infect Nigerians with the virus....... But he is not the only one to be blamed because if NCAA had blocked all flights to the three ebola infected countries like Gambia did, sawyer would have died in Liberia...... So I don't see the need for crying over split milk, prevention is always better than the cure but the deed has been done already because of carelessness on the part of NCAA.
Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by Nobody: 7:35pm On Aug 13, 2014
MisterLongman: Is he a white man...... No need pulling racist stunts guy....... Sawyer is indeed crazy because his actions prior to his arrival in Nigeria shows he intentionally came here to infect Nigerians with the virus....... But he is not the only one to be blamed because if NCAA had blocked all flights to the three ebola infected countries like Gambia did, sawyer would have died in Liberia...... So I don't see the need for crying over split milk, prevention is always better than the cure but the deed has been done already because of carelessness on the part of NCAA.

Alright...I'm not a racist, bro. Dis Ebola stuff scares me. I believe we can beat it.
Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by wills(m): 9:00pm On Aug 13, 2014
@AncientJerk , since it's very clear that you can't grasp simple explanation or reason from a critical perspective but would keep itching for baseless arguments.... My final response is this, WHATEVER!

I simply will not go down that road of useless arguments.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by prettyboi1(m): 9:27pm On Aug 13, 2014
wills:

The simple truth is if only the govt had even set up minimal screening centers at international airport to check people entering Nigeria via regional flights especially from West Africa, Mr. Sawyer would have been at least stopped @ the airport - saving the whole situation Nigeria has in its hands now.

God Bless you brother. Our stupid,foolish & lazy government didn't put any measures in place to fight off any possible threat of the ebola virus getting into the country & here we have our everly clueless president blaming Patrick Sawyer. If the president is this clueless as to what measures his government should have put in place before now,how sure can we be that other ebola carriers from other countries who were not sick at the the time of their entry into Nigeria are not already in our midst?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by Rendition(m): 9:28pm On Aug 13, 2014
wills:

well i followed up ur post i wanted to angrily reply u bfor i read dis buh u av a great point buh anyways wat kinda of word the president used really doesnt matter anymore buh wat he used still feels mild to describe a man who everybody knows deliberately brut the deadly incurable virus to dis country putting alot of lives at stake, if he didnt perform dos action at d hospital den probably d word might av bin harsh on him,buh bruv dat nigga is totally crazy and actually a psychopath.
Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by naijaguy77: 9:34pm On Aug 13, 2014
Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by Nobody: 9:57pm On Aug 13, 2014
quote author=ilugunboy]Yes I agreed with the President wholeheartedly.....the moddafuckkeer is worse than a crazy man.[/quote]yes I support.
Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by babyud: 10:09pm On Aug 13, 2014
goldfish80: Am ashamed of the president's utterances. His language lacks candor. He's the President of Nigeria not president of Ariaria market traders association.
Mechie onu gi osiso!
Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by Seandeeds(m): 10:20pm On Aug 13, 2014
The man is crazy, we all know that. What about the border Control. The airport people nko? They knew a plane just landed from a country plagued with Ebola. What were the controls in place? Mr President just dake jare.
HarrveySpecter: I am just watching channels news and the president was meeting with governors and in his speech where he was giving a brief history on how ebola came to Nigeria. He said, "sawyer after going to his sisters burial and participated in one way or the other, contacted the disease. He was advised to stay but the "crazy man" (with using his hand as gesture) refuse to listen."

Something in that line.

How can a president talk like this on national TV for the love?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVgGCXVUrEU

Source: Channels news
Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by justi4jesu(f): 9:56am On Aug 14, 2014
Describing sawyer as being crazy is an understatement.
Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by Lamasta(m): 11:05am On Aug 14, 2014
goldfish80: Am ashamed of the president's utterances. His language lacks candor. He's the President of Nigeria not president of Ariaria market traders association.
If your family member is one of those nurses that contracted the virus from that Suyer man I know definately you will not be sitting in there to type this trash you just pasted here...HYPOCRITE
Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by Festusfaith(m): 11:41am On Aug 14, 2014
why is our society so delighting in cheating, injustice, corruptions etc.why?
what are the products of your parent-ship, what?
are you parent enough?
are meeting your responsibilities as parent?
then why is our society is fill our all these ungodly behaviors.
We parent must rise up to our responsibility to make sure that my family is not producing bad apple into the society and for our own children to have a better tomorrow.
thanks

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by deebrain(m): 4:52pm On Aug 14, 2014
(One of the few times I've agreed with some of the President's comments....)

Not only crazy, but mad, stupid and disgusting! Like frankly speaking, i think there was a deliberate attempt by some folks, to make sure the virus got into Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by Nobody: 10:01am On Aug 15, 2014
HarrveySpecter: Little wonder Nigeria is in the state it is. The way Nigerians celebrate mediocre, is just unbelievable. What happens to being professional and using professional terms?
We all know what Obama must have thought of Osama, but we don't see obama calling him names in public? Putin get America/obama for mind, but he doesn't call them/him names in public.
Besides the man is deceased, he deserves a little bit of respect.
yeah maybe gej should have called him a terrorist like obama called osama.guess you would have a different view if your one of those sawyer infected with ebola-hypocrisy at its best

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

FG Re-Arraigns Omoyele Sowore For ‘Treason’ / BBC Mentions Tony Kabaka As A Cultist Who Worked For APC (2021 Video) / Navy Kills Tompolo's Kinsman In Warri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.