Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,410 members, 7,954,626 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:33 AM

Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola (43718 Views)

Omojuwa Mocks Fayose For Travelling To China(photos) / Jonathan Calls Buhari Over Kaduna Bomb Blast / Patience Jonathan Calls For Peace In Rivers State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by Nobody: 11:23am On Aug 13, 2014
AncientJerk:

Nigeria is a great country, filled with extremely intelligent people and yes we can exhibit what some may call pride and arrogance whne we have to deal w ith dolts. but i digress

ur dumbness speaks for itself. Ebol started in guinee and then spread to Liberia and Sierra Leoen so in actual fct the countries surrounding the initial affect area failed woefully to prevent the spread on a disease which is in fact not all that contagious.

but you have made some fantastic points you know, about government polices and inter departmental communication and all that... why don't you elucidate, tell me what specific policy Ghana has put in place to prevent Ebola coming in from neighbouring countries and contrast that with Nigeria's policies or the lack thereof so that myself and others may understand you clearly?

it may also be nice if you would give details of what inter departmental communication should have occured to prevent good ol paddy from pissin on the people who were trying to save his life.

you say you want to go into politics to change Nigeria but then you make such ridiculously assinine and pointlessly impossible statements like when you "walk into Nigeria you just turn around and leave".

what a dolt.

You obviously cannot read and comprehend. "I pick up my bags and LEAVE THE AIRPORT." Why were you the only one who didn't understand that? Where did turn around and leave come from? Seriously? You're very stúpid. It's becoming clear that I have to spell everything out for you: THERE IS NO BORDER CONTROL.

I know very well what my countrymen are capable of, but people like you keep praising and making excuses for mediocrity. And when someone has the audacity to expect Nigeria to do better, people like you get offended.

Ebola skipped two countries and landed in Nigeria. After months, the countries in between are still without the outbreak. But Nigeria's government was taken by surprise. After MONTHS. But you insist on pretending that governments other than Nigeria's have not been proactive. Still sorry for you. Save your insults for yourself. The most patriotic thing a Nigerian can do for Nigeria is to have high expectations for her. I'm repulsed by all these your excuses. And you have the nerve to call someone else stúpid.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by logica(m): 11:33am On Aug 13, 2014
MissMeiya:
Ebola skipped two countries and landed in Nigeria. After months, the countries in between are still without the outbreak.
As if you don't know how Ebola managed to skip as you said and "land" in Nigeria. Let me remind you how:

Nigeria is a hub in West Africa.
Ebola skipped countries between Liberia and Nigeria and landed in Nigeria courtesy of ONE man only: a CRAZY man by the name of Patrick Sawyer. Does that remind you what this thread is about?

Check this news report:

Documents obtained by this newspaper showed that Mr. Sawyer’s employers, ArcelorMittal, an iron mining company, suspended him from work and isolated him after it became aware that he had contact with his sister who died of the virus on July 8. The company also issued an internal memo to staff of the company informing them that Mr. Sawyer had been referred to the Liberian Health ministry for testing and close observation.

The Liberian Government was aware that Patrick Sawyer, its citizen who brought the Ebola virus into Nigeria, had possibly contracted the virus from his late sister, yet cleared him to travel to Nigeria for a conference organised by the Economic Community of West African States [ECOWAS], PREMIUM TIMES can authoritatively report today.

http://saharareporters.com/2014/08/12/how-liberian-govt-cleared-patrick-sawyer-travel-nigeria-ebola

So this is it: the failure was not only from the Nigerian end; it was ALSO from the Liberian end. That CRAZY man knew he was infected. Nigeria trusted that Liberia would not be sending a CRAZY man with Ebola to represent them in Nigeria. The CRAZY man was basically travelling under diplomatic immunity as a representative of Liberia so scrutiny was minimal.
Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by Nobody: 11:37am On Aug 13, 2014
MissMeiya:

You obviously cannot read and comprehend. "I pick up my bags and LEAVE THE AIRPORT." Why were you the only one who didn't understand that? Where did turn around and leave come from? Seriously? You're very stúpid. It's becoming clear that I have to spell everything out for you: THERE IS NO BORDER CONTROL.

I know very well what my countrymen are capable of, but people like you keep praising and making excuses for mediocrity. And when someone has the audacity to expect Nigeria to do better, people like you get offended.

Ebola skipped two countries and landed in Nigeria. After months, the countries in between are still without the outbreak. But Nigeria's government was taken by surprise. After MONTHS. But you insist on pretending that governments other than Nigeria's have not been proactive. Still sorry for you. Save your insults for yourself. The most patriotic thing a Nigerian can do for Nigeria is to have high expectations for her. I'm repulsed by all these your excuses. And you have the nerve to call someone else stúpid.

ok no more insults, just answer the question sensibly and i'll leave you alone i promise...

what are these policies you speak off??

lol ok so you pick your bags and leave the airport....ok so other people pick their bags and sleep in in the airport? smart you. anyway why don't you just ignore that part cuz its not so relevant.

just answer the questions: tell us what policies non- affected countries out in place that Nigeria failed to implement

and don't forget to elucidate on the inter departmental communication too

much obliged.
Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by Hourglass4real: 12:06pm On Aug 13, 2014
grin only him and his God knows the truth.
Canme4u:

If what you just posted is true and those of others that says He intentionally let his Urine touched those who were giving him medcs... I BELIEF HE WAS SENT BY SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE TO SOMEHOW BROUGHT THE DEADLY VIRUS INTO OUR DEAR COUNTRY.

So therefore, have made my diagnosis of that man and have came to the conclusion that....

In Proff "PATRick Obhinabon"Grammer Voice.... That MR Patricrazy Sawyer is not only having #Wrongdiouslious #mendula #oblaganta poradicated with #kolomentacraziness but the articulatory of his family #syntocraziness is the #muragon arrow, display a real sign of #Leftana and #rightana #Yabasious behavious of #Aro-ologenius @ Abeokuta and in a situation where #mycogamious #ewulewu of that dunce man has scatering and bringfouth the #cartastrophy of eating bitter kola and having hot salt water bath, I bliv, you are not only going to do AgbajoEEbuologyWithAare (join hands together with Prezido) to curse the body of that crazy Patrick Suya/Soya beans that is causing double wahala for deady body and the owner of deady body or even dem body but you will also curse his sender cos I bliv he was sent.

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
deeobserver209(m), Honeypot62(m), padeolu, angeldupe(f), evolg, ispeed(m), mike017, Deab, Dabbyfab, Marotzke(m)

sorry for calling you guys here, I see that you guys are also reading the comment.
cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin
Thank you.
Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by Nobody: 12:17pm On Aug 13, 2014
AncientJerk:

ok no more insults, just answer the question sensibly and i'll leave you alone i promise...

what are these policies you speak off??

lol ok so you pick your bags and leave the airport....ok so other people pick their bags and sleep in in the airport? smart you. anyway why don't you just ignore that part cuz its not so relevant.

just answer the questions: tell us what policies non- affected countries out in place that Nigeria failed to implement

and don't forget to elucidate on the inter departmental communication too

much obliged.

You have a very nasty attitude. I even spelled it out in the last post. I shouldn't be able to pick up my bags and leave at an INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT. Seriously? You don't know that I'm supposed to pass through customs? The only thing they do is try to get me to give them money. You can't be serious. Those are the kind of border control policies I'm taking about. The ones you think are make-believe. Do you actually know anything about governance at all?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by Nobody: 12:21pm On Aug 13, 2014
im tired of this thread of dealing with unreasonable people so imm just spell it all out for the slowpokes amongst us

1. Patrick Sawyer is an Ecowas Citizen, legitimately able to travel freely to any country within the sub region.

2. up until now travel restrictions have not been in place in any country in West Africa

3. Patrick Sawyer changed that

4. Sawyer deliberately peed on his care givers

5. His plane stopped over in Ghana and Togo where he changed planes. He could have decided to disembark at any of those countries, being an ecowas citizen.

6. he could have decided to pee or spit on anyone in the plane or in the countries he visited.

7. He fell sick on the plane, while in flight and was allowed into nigeria in order to recieve treatment to save his life.

in all of these, it beats me how anyone could blame BORDER CONTROL for the entrance of ebola into Nigeria.

well go on thinking what you wish.
Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by Nobody: 12:23pm On Aug 13, 2014
logica: As if you don't know how Ebola managed to skip as you said and "land" in Nigeria. Let me remind you how:

Nigeria is a hub in West Africa.
Ebola skipped countries between Liberia and Nigeria and landed in Nigeria courtesy of ONE man only: a CRAZY man by the name of Patrick Sawyer. Does that remind you what this thread is about?

Check this news report:

http://saharareporters.com/2014/08/12/how-liberian-govt-cleared-patrick-sawyer-travel-nigeria-ebola

So this is it: the failure was not only from the Nigerian end; it was ALSO from the Liberian end. That CRAZY man knew he was infected. Nigeria trusted that Liberia would not be sending a CRAZY man with Ebola to represent them in Nigeria. The CRAZY man was basically travelling under diplomatic immunity as a representative of Liberia so scrutiny was minimal.

You're too lazy or proud to admit that the Nigerian government is inadequately protecting its borders if you think ebola "skipped" other countries to come to Nigeria because of some dastardly plan by Sawyer. You don't know about land borders? You didn't know people don't solely travel by air? You didn't know people in the affected countries have been fleeing and migrating, and just conducting normal business with their bordering countries for MONTHS? But yet, those countries remained outbreak free.

But Nigeria managed to import it. Because of Sawyer, the evil genius. Who managed to somehow outsmart the whole Nigerian government.
Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by tpia1: 12:26pm On Aug 13, 2014
Is it certain ebola was not in nigeria prior to this man's visit?

Just asking.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by Nobody: 12:28pm On Aug 13, 2014
AncientJerk or IlliterateJerk whatever you call yourself.

Being a citizen does not mean you don't have to pass through customs. Are you kidding? It's obvious you have no idea what you are talking about. I get scrutinized every single time I return home, despite being a natural citizen. Every time.

Continue to make excuses for mediocrity. One day, the Nigerians who expect better for their country will outnumber the Nigerians like you, who take comfort in pointing fingers at everyone but the people responsible, while suffering under bad governance. One day, the Nigerians who understand that the government is supposed to SERVE and PROTECT them will outnumber Nigerians like you, who make excuses for PERPETUAL FAILURE.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by logica(m): 12:33pm On Aug 13, 2014
MissMeiya:

You're too lazy or proud to admit that the Nigerian government is inadequately protecting its borders if you think ebola "skipped" other countries to come to Nigeria because of some dastardly plan by Sawyer. You don't know about land borders? You didn't know people don't solely travel by air? You didn't know people in the affected countries have been fleeing and migrating, and just conducting normal business with their bordering countries for MONTHS? But yet, those countries remained outbreak free.

But Nigeria managed to import it. Because of Sawyer, the evil genius. Who managed to somehow outsmart the whole Nigerian government.
Madam, it takes an averagely smart person to know that the only threat posed to Nigeria is by air as a person visibly sick with Ebola cannot survive a journey by road all the way from Liberia/Guinea/Sierra Leone. Countries bordering Guinea have every reason to have a heightened alert far higher than Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by Nobody: 12:36pm On Aug 13, 2014
logica: Madam, it takes an averagely smart person to know that the only threat posed to Nigeria is by air as a person visibly sick with Ebola cannot survive a journey by road all the way from Liberia. Countries bordering Guinea have every reason to have a heightened alert far higher than Nigeria.

*blank stare*

So first, you claimed ebola skipped the neighboring countries because Nigeria is a hub (leaving out the possibility of land travel)

Then, when I point out the land borders, you admit that the neighboring countries had better control of their borders, because, as you put it "they had more reason to be alert than Nigeria".

So, what you are saying, is that Nigeria failed to anticipate the virus entering the country, and was unprepared.

Which is. What. I was saying. Right?

So you know the truth, yet you were arguing with me, why?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by Nobody: 12:41pm On Aug 13, 2014
MissMeiya: AncientJerk or IlliterateJerk whatever you call yourself.

Being a citizen does not mean you don't have to pass through customs. Are you kidding? It's obvious you have no idea what you are talking about. I get scrutinized every single time I return home, despite being a natural citizen. Every time.

Continue to make excuses for mediocrity. One day, the Nigerians who expect better for their country will outnumber the Nigerians like you, who take comfort in pointing fingers at everyone but the people responsible, while suffering under bad governance. One day, the Nigerians who understand that the government is supposed to SERVE and PROTECT them will outnumber Nigerians like you, who make excuses for PERPETUAL FAILURE.

lol. okay lets start over.

i like the fact that you're passionate, what i don't like is that you are pointing fingers without considering the facts.

contrary to what you seem to believe, i am a firm believer in pointing fingers at the people responsible for problems and holding them accountable for their actions.

i am also a believer in the fact that a known thief may not always be to blame for a recent theft. catch my drift?

each case on its own merit.

so my question to you was simply: if you believe that certain officials are to blame for letting ebola into the country, then who are these or what positions do they hold; and by what specific act of omission or commission are they to blame? in what part of the whole episode was our border control procedure faulty?

and on what grounds do you exonerate Patrick Sawyer other than the argument that he was "one man against an entire nation"?
Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by Nobody: 12:42pm On Aug 13, 2014
tpia1: Is it certain ebola was not in nigeria prior to this man's visit?

Just asking.

lol..... how would anyone here know that na?
Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by logica(m): 12:43pm On Aug 13, 2014
MissMeiya:

*blank stare*

So first, you claimed ebola skipped the neighboring countries because Nigeria is a hub (leaving out the possibility of land travel)

Then, when I point out the land borders, you admit that the neighboring countries had better control of their borders, because, as you put it "they had more reason to be alert than Nigeria".

So, what you are saying, is that Nigeria failed to anticipate the virus entering the country, and was unprepared.

Which is. What. I was saying. Right?

So you know the truth, yet you were arguing with me, why?
Indeed you should have a blank stare. Which countries border Nigeria? Are Liberia, Guinea or Sierra Leone one of them? Lol you don't realize Nigeria being a hub refers to air travel?

The only scenario through which Ebola could've made it to Nigeria is exactly as has happened: through an elite government official. Poor people from affected countries cannot make it to Nigeria by road. Especially the infected ones.
Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by tpia1: 12:46pm On Aug 13, 2014
logica: Indeed you should have a blank stare. Which countries border Nigeria? Are Liberia, Guinea or Sierra Leone one of them? Lol you don't realize Nigeria being a hub refers to air travel?

The only scenario through which Ebola could made it to Nigeria is exactly as has happened: through an elite government official. Poor people from affected countries cannot make it to Nigeria by road. Especially the infected onem

Hmm.

What about patrick's boss who travelled with him ( it seems).

Where is he?
Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by Nobody: 12:48pm On Aug 13, 2014
AncientJerk:

lol. okay lets start over.

i like the fact that you're passionate, what i don't like is that you are pointing fingers without considering the facts.

contrary to what you seem to believe, i am a firm believer in pointing fingers at the people responsible for problems and holding them accountable for their actions.

i am also a believer in the fact that a known thief may not always be to blame for a recent theft. catch my drift?

each case on its own merit.

so my question to you was simply: if you believe that certain officials are to blame for letting ebola into the country, then who are these or what positions do they hold; and by what specific act of omission or commission are they to blame? in what part of the whole episode was our border control procedure faulty?

and on what grounds do you exonerate Patrick Sawyer other than the argument that he was "one man against an entire nation"?

You set the tone of this exchange.

Naming names isn't good enough. People need to be made a public example of, to show their successors that they can't screw around, and they had better do their jobs, or else. In addition, changes have to be made to whatever policy failed to keep those mistakes from happening. It's not enough to just say "it was this person's fault".

I am not exonerating Sawyer. He was irresponsible and selfish. But he was also a dying man. I doubt many people in today's Nigerian culture would have missed the opportunity to return to the US for a better chance of survival, even if it meant risking others. I doubt it, very. Very. Much. It is the government's responsibility to protect its citizens. Not join us on the couch and shake their heads. That's too pathetic for words.
Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by wills(m): 12:50pm On Aug 13, 2014
MissMeiya: AncientJerk or IlliterateJerk whatever you call yourself.

MissMeiya. Your comments are one of the very few here making any sense, how people excuse the failure of Govt to have taken precautionary measures at all point of entries, is just so shocking.

More shocking is how folks would think it's ok for President GJ to call the Victim a madman, an irresponsible and unnecessary comment at this time when all focus should be on preventing the spread of the virus.

Seeing how people reason and the comments on this topic and on NL in general, personally I think the falling standards of education,especially tertiary education in Nigeria is really a thing of serious.

Young Nigerians, Read, Develop Your Mind,Think Independently -

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by chux76(m): 12:51pm On Aug 13, 2014
I TOTALLY AGREE WITH OUR PRESIDENT ON THIS ONE..
SAWYERR IS A HEALTH TERRORIST AND MAY THUNDER FIRE HIS DEAD BODY,HIS SOUL WHEREVER HE IS
HE IS NOT JUST CRAZY...HE IS A FRIGGING INSANE LUNATIC AND A MURRA FUCKAA
MAY HIS SOUL KNOW NO REST!!! angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by Nobody: 12:54pm On Aug 13, 2014
wills:
MissMeiya. Your comments are one of the very few here making any sense, how people excuse the failure of Govt to have taken precautionary measures at all point of entries, is just so shocking.

More shocking is how folks would think it's ok for President GJ to call the Victim a madman, an irresponsible and unnecessary comment at this time when all focus should be on preventing the spread of the virus.

Seeing how people reason and the comments on this topic and on NL in general, personally I think the falling standards of education,especially tertiary education in Nigeria is really a thing of serious.

@ the bold - most Nigerians are stark illiterates, hence they have a clueless fedora hat wearing weasel governing them with an illiterate wife as a trophy. undecided
Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by logica(m): 12:56pm On Aug 13, 2014
MissMeiya:

I doubt many people in today's Nigerian culture would have missed the opportunity to return to the US for a better chance of survival
Huh? You mean he came to Nigeria so as to "escape" to the US? He couldn't travel directly to US?
Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by Sweetlemon(f): 12:56pm On Aug 13, 2014
@ MissMeiya. I feel you babes. Trying to drive home a point to people living in denial is one of the hardest things in the world.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by Nobody: 12:58pm On Aug 13, 2014
logica: Indeed you should have a blank stare. Which countries border Nigeria? Are Liberia, Guinea or Sierra Leone one of them? Lol you don't realize Nigeria being a hub refers to air travel?

The only scenario through which Ebola could made it to Nigeria is exactly as has happened: through an elite government official. Poor people from affected countries cannot make it to Nigeria by road. Especially the infected onem

I am shocked at how completely and utterly you failed to understand that post. I can't believe I have to spell everything out.

MissMeiya: *blank stare*
Your response to this was "lol you don't realize a hub refers to air travel"
When I clearly said: "leaving out the possibility of land travel". As in, YOU FAILED TO CONSIDER LAND TRAVEL. Meaning, you only considered air travel. In other words: DUH, "HUB" REFERS TO AIR TRAVEL

Ok, real slow. The point of this paragraph was NOT, as you seem to have interpreted it to be, that ebola could have entered Nigeria over land (your justification for why it couldn't is also really dumb). The point was that you admitted other countries have more secure borders than Nigeria. So, I don't know how you managed to jump off that point into some other place.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by Sweetlemon(f): 12:59pm On Aug 13, 2014
wills:

I don't have a problem with that. It would have been better though is he said Sawyer was just as mad as his government.
Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 13, 2014
logica: Huh? You mean he came to Nigeria so as to "escape" to the US? He couldn't travel directly to US?

Straight from an Ebola-affected country?
Ask yourself that question again, keeping in mind what I told you about how even natural-born citizens get scrutinized upon re-entry.
Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by IYANGBALI: 1:09pm On Aug 13, 2014
deletrue: an indication of low family upbringing.
of the president right?
Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by tpia1: 1:15pm On Aug 13, 2014
logica: Huh? You mean he came to Nigeria so as to "escape" to the US? He couldn't travel directly to US?

Might have been harder for him considering his position, unless he was expressly given clearance by those in a position to do do.

Nlers were even complaining recently, about someone's snails being seized at the airport.
Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by logica(m): 1:48pm On Aug 13, 2014
MissMeiya:

Straight from an Ebola-affected country?
Ask yourself that question again, keeping in mind what I told you about how even natural-born citizens get scrutinized upon re-entry.
Lol. I have really restrained from dissing you, but this is the dumbest post of yours yet and it lays bare your intellectual deficiency. Sawyer is a US citizen and there is no way US would've turned back their own Ebola or not. But I take it Sawyer shared this your dimwitted plan with you? How did you come up with it?
Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by logica(m): 1:50pm On Aug 13, 2014
tpia1:

Might have been harder for him considering his position, unless he was expressly given clearance by those in a position to do do.

Nlers were even complaining recently, about someone's snails being seized at the airport.
Look Sawyer was a US citizen. The fastest way for him to get medical aid was to present himself at the US embassy at Liberia and he would've been evacuated to the US if necessary.

Snails? They've been banned from importation into the US since February 2004. How is this news?
Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by Nobody: 2:07pm On Aug 13, 2014
logica: Lol. I have really restrained from dissing you, but this is the dumbest post of yours yet and it lays bare your intellectual deficiency. Sawyer is a US citizen and there is no way US would've turned back their own Ebola or not. But I take it Sawyer shared this your dimwitted plan with you? How did you come up with it?

Congratulations on managing to hold a civil conversation until now. Do you want a cookie? What's your alternative? That Sawyer intentionally booked his flight to Liberia and then to a "supposed" conference in Nigeria, so he could purposely infect himself and bring it to Nigeria, and die there?

Really, what's your theory, genius?
Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by frankyychiji(f): 2:07pm On Aug 13, 2014
This is a gross understatemnt? Sawyer thunder go fire you as you rott in hell! Haba!
Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by tpia1: 2:07pm On Aug 13, 2014
logica: Look Sawyer was a US citizen. The fastest way for him to get medical aid was to present himself at the US embassy at Liberia and he would've been evacuated to the US if necessary.

Snails? They've been banned from importation into the US since February 2003. How is this news?

There are still a lot of americans waiting to be evacuated from liberia. I doubt sawyer would have been given special treatment prior to recent events. Still speculation anyway.

Snails are banned from importation to the US but for some reason, this particular shipment made headlines here on nl.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Calls Sawyer 'Crazy Man' For Travelling When Sick With Ebola by Nobody: 2:08pm On Aug 13, 2014
Since the existence of NL, this thread has attracted one of d highest likes on comments.

however d deceased is d most wicked man on earth.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Shows Harley-Davidson Bike & Eats Fufu With Other People(pix) / FG Re-Arraigns Omoyele Sowore For ‘Treason’ / Why We Raided Lekki Parktonian Hotel: EFCC Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.