Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,614 members, 7,816,522 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

Heavy Fighting As Troops Engage Boko Haram In Gwoza - Many Soldiers Died... - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Heavy Fighting As Troops Engage Boko Haram In Gwoza - Many Soldiers Died... (37747 Views)

Troops Engage In Clearance Operation,Destroy More Boko Haram Camps In Borno(pics / Breaking:female Suicide Bomber Hits Army Checkpoint.many Soldiers Feared Dead / Heavy Fighting In Bagana Kogi State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Heavy Fighting As Troops Engage Boko Haram In Gwoza - Many Soldiers Died... by chuqudy(m): 12:52pm On Aug 12, 2014
Do the following things and say bye bye to Ebola. Read and share the message to end Ebola in Nigeria and Africa. This is the only solution. See the personal protective wears and how to wear them. Ebola is no man's friend. See the cure at http://..com/2014/08/finally-cure-of-ebola-is-here.html
Re: Heavy Fighting As Troops Engage Boko Haram In Gwoza - Many Soldiers Died... by danexcel(m): 12:53pm On Aug 12, 2014
Okijajuju1:

Please you people should cut out this bullshit about ancient arms.. I use to peddle this fuckery until I sat down and thought about it.. Its not the size of the gun that matters. A Catapult in the hands of an expert marks man is always going to be deadlier than a Gun in the hands of an untrained idiiot.

Our Soldiers have the upper hand, ancient weapons or not. They have the logistics, official backing of the government, training and outnumber Boko Haram. They have Air superiority, infantry and weapons. Boko Haram have sophisticated arms, e no pass 50 Calibre and 30 Calibre GPMG's which the Nigerian Army has in excess. Boko Haram still dont have Helicopter Gunships nor do they have Cannons, Mortars, Armoured Tanks, e.t.c..

The truth is that it is either our Infantry are poorly trained or the Army strategists are fucktards or the Army in general are poorly motivated.

I TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH YOU. THE MAIN PROBLEM IS THAT OF GREED ON THE PART OF THE TOP MILITARY OFFICERS. I HAVE A FRIEND WHOSE ELDER BROTHER IS A TOP OFFICER IN THE NIGERIAN ARMY. HE TOLD ME HIS BROTHER BOUGHT A HOUSE OF N50 MILLION CASH AND WHILE HE WAS ASKING HIS BROTHER HOW HE GOT THE MONEY HE TOLD ME THAT THE MAN OPENED UP TO HIM TELLING HIM THAT THEY ARE MAKING HELL OF MONEY FROM THIS BOKO HARAM CRISIS AND THAT HE NEVER PRAY THAT THE CRISIS WILL COME TO AN END. HE SAID THAT WHEN HE TOLD HIM THAT MANY PEOPLE ARE DYING, THE OFFICE REPLIED HIM THAT "IF ONE PERSON'S MATTER DID NOT GET WORSE ANOTHER PERSON'S OWN WILL NOT GET BETTER." I WAS IN MAIDUGURI WHEN THIS CRISIS STARTED, BOKO HARAM IS BETTER EQUIPPED THAN THE NIGERIAN ARMY. ANOTHER PROBLEM IS THAT THERE ARE BOKO HARAM SPECIES AMONG THE NIGERIAN ARMY, POLICE, CUSTOM AND IMMIGRATION. PRESIDENT JONATHAN SHOULD PROBE ALL THE TOP MILITARY OFFICERS.
Re: Heavy Fighting As Troops Engage Boko Haram In Gwoza - Many Soldiers Died... by fydence: 12:56pm On Aug 12, 2014
onatisi: Nigerians here on this site and thread now must realise that the very reason they are able to sit down in the comfort of their homes and condemm the nigerian army is because our soldiers and putting down their lives for our sake. They are defending your freedom with their blood and lives . So if u have no prayer or words of encouragement for them just shut up and think about what you have ever done for nigeria
This pretty much sums it up! Thou hast spoken wisely.

1 Like

Re: Heavy Fighting As Troops Engage Boko Haram In Gwoza - Many Soldiers Died... by ghostfinger67: 1:00pm On Aug 12, 2014
danexcel:

I TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH YOU. THE MAIN PROBLEM IS THAT OF GREED ON THE PART OF THE TOP MILITARY OFFICERS. I HAVE A FRIEND WHOSE ELDER BROTHER IS A TOP OFFICER IN THE NIGERIAN ARMY. HE TOLD ME HIS BROTHER BOUGHT A HOUSE OF N50 MILLION CASH AND WHILE HE WAS ASKING HIS BROTHER HOW HE GOT THE MONEY HE TOLD ME THAT THE MAN OPENED UP TO HIM TELLING HIM THAT THEY ARE MAKING HELL OF MONEY FROM THIS BOKO HARAM CRISIS AND THAT HE NEVER PRAY THAT THE CRISIS WILL COME TO AN END. HE SAID THAT WHEN HE TOLD HIM THAT MANY PEOPLE ARE DYING, THE OFFICE REPLIED HIM THAT "IF ONE PERSON'S MATTER DID NOT GET WORSE ANOTHER PERSON'S OWN WILL NOT GET BETTER." I WAS IN MAIDUGURI WHEN THIS CRISIS STARTED, BOKO HARAM IS BETTER EQUIPPED THAN THE NIGERIAN ARMY. ANOTHER PROBLEM IS THAT THERE ARE BOKO HARAM SPECIES AMONG THE NIGERIAN ARMY, POLICE, CUSTOM AND IMMIGRATION. PRESIDENT JONATHAN SHOULD PROBE ALL THE TOP MILITARY OFFICERS.

I don't think HE have the executive power to probe what goes on the ARMY. Only the army themselves can do that. He only have the power to change the leadership of the Army full stop.
Re: Heavy Fighting As Troops Engage Boko Haram In Gwoza - Many Soldiers Died... by aramarketeer: 1:01pm On Aug 12, 2014
ghostfinger67:
I don't think have the executive power to probe what goes on the ARMY. Only the army themselves can do that. He only have the power to change the leadership of the Army full stop.
thank u for this.

a promo is on, 50mb each to 25 PERSONS.
D new Android plans with Etisalat.
50mb@N100_1gb@1.4k n mor
https://www.nairaland.com/1840190/d-new-etisalat-android-plans
enquires on whatsapp/voice call 09090431565
Re: Heavy Fighting As Troops Engage Boko Haram In Gwoza - Many Soldiers Died... by onatisi(m): 1:04pm On Aug 12, 2014
fydence: This pretty much sums it up! Thou hast spoken wisely.
bros it is very annoying when one read some duumb fooolish comments on this site,civilians that are in the thick of the battle will tell ppl how nigerian soldiers sacrificed their own lives to get them into safe areas. Believe me sincerely many ppl insulting our soldiers here can't and won't even sacrifice or risk their own lives for their children or family members .

1 Like

Re: Heavy Fighting As Troops Engage Boko Haram In Gwoza - Many Soldiers Died... by Alenkakent(m): 1:04pm On Aug 12, 2014
simplex2:

Why shouldn't people discuss the illegal deployment of soldiers to perform civil duties meant for the police and civil defense? The country is under siege, a part of the country has been hijacked by touts; mounting their flags and undermining the sovereignty of this country yet the army are helping INEC to conduct a state election. Its a big disgrace! No wonder the international community don't take our fight against terrorism seriously.

And who told you that numbers don't matter in a fight? You think 200 well trained and sophisticated soldiers can defeat 20,000 untrained men that can only aim and shoot? Wake up brother.

The guy thinks its d same thing he sees in action movies where a single jet li or jackie chan takes out a thousand armed men single-handedly... Lol
Re: Heavy Fighting As Troops Engage Boko Haram In Gwoza - Many Soldiers Died... by VirginFinder: 1:11pm On Aug 12, 2014
It's time for a Yoruba COAS. wink

Yorubas have a way of sorting things like this out - Adekunle, Obasanjo, Ayoola etc cool

Trust me. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Heavy Fighting As Troops Engage Boko Haram In Gwoza - Many Soldiers Died... by tomakint: 1:15pm On Aug 12, 2014
Omexonomy: why not go and join the NA
Don't mind that clownish 'stupid and confused analyst' he is fond of blabbing!
Re: Heavy Fighting As Troops Engage Boko Haram In Gwoza - Many Soldiers Died... by EasternLeopard: 1:15pm On Aug 12, 2014
VirginFinder: It's time for a Yoruba COAS. wink

Yorubas have a way of sorting things like this out - Adekunle, Obasanjo, Ayoola etc cool

Trust me. smiley

Clown on parade
Re: Heavy Fighting As Troops Engage Boko Haram In Gwoza - Many Soldiers Died... by presley64(m): 1:16pm On Aug 12, 2014
MzJackBaueress: The saddest part of it is the wives of the soldiers have now turned widows and children have become fatherless.
I hope its not the soldiers who were stopped by their wives and children from going into battle. That will be very sad!

embarassed

d wives knows d term and conditions of gerrin Married too a soldie
Re: Heavy Fighting As Troops Engage Boko Haram In Gwoza - Many Soldiers Died... by agitator: 1:16pm On Aug 12, 2014
MzJackBaueress: The saddest part of it is the wives of the soldiers have now turned widows and children have become fatherless.
I hope its not the soldiers who were stopped by their wives and children from going into battle. That will be very sad!

embarassed

Another angle to the opposition season movie. Army fight, na wahala, Army no fight na wahala. shocked shocked shocked

Oga Jonathan, you try oh grin grin grin
Re: Heavy Fighting As Troops Engage Boko Haram In Gwoza - Many Soldiers Died... by dipcoke2: 1:22pm On Aug 12, 2014
I am of the opinion that Book Haram is an item put in place to distabilise and distract Nigerian while the real evil is being carried out without disturbance. The Nigerian Army is well trained to fight in all phases of war, however, the present situation in the North East of the country is not a yard stick to measure the military but a pointer to the type of governance and their intention. Take wholistic view of various issues Under our Democratic Government you will see the true reflection of what is affecting the performance of the Nigerian Army in the theater of war.

L
Re: Heavy Fighting As Troops Engage Boko Haram In Gwoza - Many Soldiers Died... by agitator: 1:23pm On Aug 12, 2014
simplex2:

Why shouldn't people discuss the illegal deployment of soldiers to perform civil duties meant for the police and civil defense? The country is under siege, a part of the country has been hijacked by touts; mounting their flags and undermining the sovereignty of this country yet the army are helping INEC to conduct a state election. Its a big disgrace! No wonder the international community don't take our fight against terrorism seriously.

And who told you that numbers don't matter in a fight? You think 200 well trained and sophisticated soldiers can defeat 20,000 untrained men that can only aim and shoot? Wake up brother.

If I'm am GEJ, would have allowed them to take over the whole North. Why waste time on Terrorist. Best thing he should have done when all this nonsense started was to take the Youths here train them and acquire latest weapons and move south, let them eat their North, if the supporters of APC like let them join the north wink wink wink
Re: Heavy Fighting As Troops Engage Boko Haram In Gwoza - Many Soldiers Died... by abbeywasc(m): 1:24pm On Aug 12, 2014
this war will be won when the presidency decides to put M16 or an AK47 in the hands of our general officers and order them to lead assaults personally. thats when they will realise d thru meaning of brotherhood when under d hail of bullets: not only must u be equipped, ur fellows soldiers must also be if u dnt wanna die alone.
only then will we see a well equipped, well-paid, motivated, efficient and highly effective nigerian army.
Re: Heavy Fighting As Troops Engage Boko Haram In Gwoza - Many Soldiers Died... by fydence: 1:27pm On Aug 12, 2014
onatisi: bros it is very annoying when one read some duumb fooolish comments on this site,civilians that are in the thick of the battle will tell ppl how nigerian soldiers sacrificed their own lives to get them into safe areas. Believe me sincerely many ppl insulting our soldiers here can't and won't even sacrifice or risk their own lives for their children or family members .
we get them plenty...eFOOTBALL COACHES,eGENERALS,eSTRATEGISTS eTC...all on top of their eCLASSES!

1 Like

Re: Heavy Fighting As Troops Engage Boko Haram In Gwoza - Many Soldiers Died... by forgiveness: 1:30pm On Aug 12, 2014
EasternLeopard:

People keep shouting
Airpower Airpower Airpower

May I ask you guys

Why do BH move around with vehicle mounted Anti-aircraft guns

Fact is

BH are forcing us to fight them on their terrain and combat style

BH AA vehicle mounted guns can operate best in Open terrain

So counter BH by using longer range AAs and avoid fighting BH on open fields in order to minimize BH strength

Shikena! Concur to this advice and will also add that they takeover and occupy every terrain captured with soldiers.

But the questions are;

Are they ready to end this war?

Is the Nigerian army aware of bh tactics?

If yes, what are they doing to counter it? ( i am not expecting them to reveal it to the public though but it will be glaring when used)

Do we have AAs?

And Where are the long range AAs?

Are they in the millitary museum?

Do they have any long lasting solutions to this?
Re: Heavy Fighting As Troops Engage Boko Haram In Gwoza - Many Soldiers Died... by Nobody: 1:34pm On Aug 12, 2014
Nigeria Military should be re-oriented on modern warfare strategies. Our military tactics is out dated.
Modern Military power depends on air, sea and heavy military hardware not ground troops. Ground troops is only necessary for clean up where jet bombers has raided.
I wonder if we have jet-bombers and helicopters. If yes, then what are they doing?

backtosender: ABUJA. — Heavy fighting between troops of the Nigerian Military and heavily armed terrorists of the Boko Haram sect fighting to retain control of Gwoza town in Borno State, was on-going last night with Airforce attack helicopters providing air cover as the insurgents remained recalcitrant in the battle.
Soldiers in Yola, Adamawa State: Operational Commander, Brig-Gen. Fatai Alli addressing soldiers on arrival in Yola for the State of Emergency Operation yesterday. Photo: NAN.
File Photo: Soldiers in Yola, Adamawa State.
In fact, a top military source, who spoke to Vanguard last night, said the insurgents’ fire-power in being able to withstand the fire-power
of the military forces was a source of concern to the military command in the epicentre of the war on terror.

There were reports of casualties from both the military and the terrorists while the sheer number of the insurgents and the fact that
they were heavily armed prompted the ground troops to request for reinforcements from the air force to provide air bombardments.
Units of the 213 battalion Task Force and 234 Special Operations battalion both based in Mubi which attempted to retake Gwoza Township from Islamist militant Boko Haram were said to have retreated and sent signals for air support as a result of unrelenting gun fire from the insurgents.
While a source said using the word defeat of Nigerian soldiers fighting to retake Gwoza town from the grip of Boko Haram insurgents
was childish, he noted that the commanders on ground were only making strategies for more effective offensive.
Reports from the battle-field had indicated that following three days of fighting over 100 civilians and several soldiers were killed
Vanguard gathered that some officers (names withheld) who led the attempt to recapture Gwoza and other towns from the terrorists were feared either dead or captured by the insurgents and their whereabouts was a source of concern to the military authorities.
Vanguard was told that due to the worrisome terrain of the battle area, the terrorists were able to ambush some of the soldiers and
demobilise some of their equipment.
There were conflicting figures on the casualty figures on the part of soldiers killed, but it was not possible to get confirmation.
Recall that the Nigerian military at the weekend recaptured Damboa town after Boko Haram overran the town and planted its flag.
As at the time of sending this report, Vanguard was expecting the Director of Defence Information, Maj General Chris Olukolade to reply a text questionnaire on the situation of the fighting in Gwoza.
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/08/terrorism-heavy-fighting-troops-engage-boko-haram-gwoza/#sthash.UJsUitBx.seAGjaWU.dpuf
Re: Heavy Fighting As Troops Engage Boko Haram In Gwoza - Many Soldiers Died... by omoredia: 1:35pm On Aug 12, 2014
good idea

Re: Heavy Fighting As Troops Engage Boko Haram In Gwoza - Many Soldiers Died... by EasternLeopard: 1:40pm On Aug 12, 2014
forgiveness:

Shikena! Concur to this advice and will also add that they takeover and occupy every terrain captured with soldiers.

But the questions are;

Are they ready to end this war?

Is the Nigerian army aware of bh tactics?

If yes, what are they doing to counter it? ( i am expecting them to reveal it to the public though but it will be glaring when used)

Do we have AAs?

And Where are the long range AAs?

Are they in the millitary museum?

Do they have any long lasting solutions to this?

You raised valid points

But I believe NA has AA guns

One problem is that the military command are either not creative enough or not Willing to end the war
Re: Heavy Fighting As Troops Engage Boko Haram In Gwoza - Many Soldiers Died... by Timichael(m): 1:49pm On Aug 12, 2014
Hmmmnnn... I think it's hightime we stopped quenching fire with fire... Don't knw if we cn all reason along this path: I think it's time our scientists stepd into this as well... The Boko Haram insurgents are smhw fortified to the bullets of our men in uniform,except bombs... Perhaps, the much dreaded ebola can help in the fight against these terrorists... If the virus could be obtained, let there be improvised bullets and perhaps bombs made or mixed with the ebola virus. Once it penetrates one, it will surely kill many as they are brothers on the battlefield and would aid their brother who has been shot... There are ways they can be killed without the use of guns... Pollute their camps with dangerous chemicals... Bt, first of all, you have to fight the war within so as to win the war without... There are saboteurs among you... Fish them out... #jstanovice'sview/advice though...
Re: Heavy Fighting As Troops Engage Boko Haram In Gwoza - Many Soldiers Died... by onatisi(m): 1:51pm On Aug 12, 2014
fydence: we get them plenty...eFOOTBALL COACHES,eGENERALS,eSTRATEGISTS eTC...all on top of their eCLASSES!
bros ,I tire for dem ooo, very soon now,someone will starting posting military weapons he googled and start recommending them for the army. I think many think this bh issue is a film or seasonal series

1 Like

Re: Heavy Fighting As Troops Engage Boko Haram In Gwoza - Many Soldiers Died... by udemzyudex(m): 1:55pm On Aug 12, 2014
Everytime ambush ah ah what happen?

I think the Nigerian Army need to fight the war within themselves first before fighting bokoharam...
Re: Heavy Fighting As Troops Engage Boko Haram In Gwoza - Many Soldiers Died... by ChiFirstLady(f): 1:57pm On Aug 12, 2014
simplex2:

I smell sabotage
Re: Heavy Fighting As Troops Engage Boko Haram In Gwoza - Many Soldiers Died... by Atigba: 1:59pm On Aug 12, 2014
This is war
Re: Heavy Fighting As Troops Engage Boko Haram In Gwoza - Many Soldiers Died... by Dexema(m): 2:04pm On Aug 12, 2014
I fink Nigeria and Nigerians don't pay attention to details like other countries with well trained soldiers do,does anyone remember whAt happend when these BH guys were starved of food and other supplies? They became powerless therby giving our brave NA the advantage,war is not only about shooting and bombing,its about tactics both biological and psychological.

#1969comestomind#

1 Like

Re: Heavy Fighting As Troops Engage Boko Haram In Gwoza - Many Soldiers Died... by BigBen10: 2:11pm On Aug 12, 2014
seunlayi: just keep taking the battle to them, sitting down and waiting for them will never help us. Thumbs up

you said it all man. Let the army take the fight to them. No more defencive positions.
Re: Heavy Fighting As Troops Engage Boko Haram In Gwoza - Many Soldiers Died... by Jodesky(m): 2:11pm On Aug 12, 2014
omenka: Who is sabotaging the Nigerian Army mr President!!!! angry

Answer : CORRUPTION! CORRUPTION!! CORRUPTION!!

You will be deluding yourself and your co-travellers if you attempt to look any further.
Re: Heavy Fighting As Troops Engage Boko Haram In Gwoza - Many Soldiers Died... by charlos14: 2:14pm On Aug 12, 2014
These are some of the dumbest comments i have heard in my entire life.......just a bunch of stupid mthafcker who don't know sheet about combat.....asssholery at it's finest...............you mthafckers need to ask why emphasis was placed on the soldiers casualties! I personally disagree with this bleeped-up article and the amount of asssholery shown here.

NOTE: I INVENTED ASSSHOLERY
Re: Heavy Fighting As Troops Engage Boko Haram In Gwoza - Many Soldiers Died... by charlos14: 2:15pm On Aug 12, 2014
fcked-up not bleeped up
Re: Heavy Fighting As Troops Engage Boko Haram In Gwoza - Many Soldiers Died... by Fourwinds: 2:18pm On Aug 12, 2014
Okijajuju1:

Please you people should cut out this bullshit about ancient arms.. I use to peddle this fuckery until I sat down and thought about it.. Its not the size of the gun that matters. A Catapult in the hands of an expert marks man is always going to be deadlier than a Gun in the hands of an untrained idiiot.

Our Soldiers have the upper hand, ancient weapons or not. They have the logistics, official backing of the government, training and outnumber Boko Haram. They have Air superiority, infantry and weapons. Boko Haram have sophisticated arms, e no pass 50 Calibre and 30 Calibre GPMG's which the Nigerian Army has in excess. Boko Haram still dont have Helicopter Gunships nor do they have Cannons, Mortars, Armoured Tanks, e.t.c..

The truth is that it is either our Infantry are poorly trained or the Army strategists are fucktards or the Army in general are poorly motivated.

I believe what u just said. in an operation in a town u don't just drive ur army vehicles into it. dey nid to comb d bushes around d town else d terrorist can stage kidnapping or ambush of officers
Re: Heavy Fighting As Troops Engage Boko Haram In Gwoza - Many Soldiers Died... by nduchucks: 2:20pm On Aug 12, 2014
tsolz84: Another e-warrior;all talk and no action;when the NA were recruiting;why didnt you join?

In the anonymity of the internet, it is foolhardy to assume that a NL is or is not in the Army.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Atiku Just Arrived Enugu Airport-photos / Bode George: I’ll Dump Nigeria For Togo If Tinubu Becomes President / Throwback Photo Of Atiku And Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.