Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,264 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

Heavy Fighting As Troops Engage Boko Haram In Gwoza - Many Soldiers Died... - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Heavy Fighting As Troops Engage Boko Haram In Gwoza - Many Soldiers Died... (37745 Views)

Troops Engage In Clearance Operation,Destroy More Boko Haram Camps In Borno(pics / Breaking:female Suicide Bomber Hits Army Checkpoint.many Soldiers Feared Dead / Heavy Fighting In Bagana Kogi State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Heavy Fighting As Troops Engage Boko Haram In Gwoza - Many Soldiers Died... by BigBen10: 2:20pm On Aug 12, 2014
forgiveness:

I hope they see this.

You don't just wait for them to attack you in your territories but you should rather trail and attack them in their comfort zones.

And when you attack them, do not allow them to escape. They should trail those escaping with dogs, eagles, pigeons, choppers, fighter jets, armourd tanks, drones, spy and 200,000 soldiers,until they destroy their strong holds and capture their armouries.

They should close all the borders in the north and controll all the rivers, streams, ponds,lakes or any source of water to quench their thirsty throat. Infact, nobody should be allowed to transport water.

thank God. another like mind. Nigerian army should be on the attack not defence. we should spending attack budget npt defence budget if you get me drift.
Re: Heavy Fighting As Troops Engage Boko Haram In Gwoza - Many Soldiers Died... by fineworker(m): 2:27pm On Aug 12, 2014
donphilopus:

No one is saying they ain't trying, but the way some of them treat the bloody civilians in the south here, is uncalled for. And secondly, your oga ain't trying. They Military Guys that were deployed to Osun for Election should have been in the Northeastern part of the country by now fighting the disastrous sect!
Are you suggesting that Osun should have been left at the mercy of APC foot soldiers so that they will kill as many NYSC members after the election as they did in northern Nigeria few years ago?

1 Like

Re: Heavy Fighting As Troops Engage Boko Haram In Gwoza - Many Soldiers Died... by Decryptor(m): 2:30pm On Aug 12, 2014
donphilopus: As usual, Chris Olukolade would say the Soldiers are on ground. With their 1900 war equipment, they can't withstand the better armed-bokoharam boys. Anyways, RIP to the dead gallant Soldiers.

Meanwhile, I believe we would have been hearing a different story if the FG had deployed those military officers sent to Osun for the election, to Borno State!

The FG deployed NSCDC officials and the police to Osun and not the Army. Bunkum!
Re: Heavy Fighting As Troops Engage Boko Haram In Gwoza - Many Soldiers Died... by simplex2: 2:32pm On Aug 12, 2014
agitator:

If I'm am GEJ, would have allowed them to take over the whole North. Why waste time on Terrorist. Best thing he should have done when all this nonsense started was to take the Youths here train them and acquire latest weapons and move south, let them eat their North, if the supporters of APC like let them join the north wink wink wink

Such myopic way of reasoning! You think you're better off than the North and they don't deserve adequate security? do you know the population of christians in the north? Do you know the population of non-northerners residing and doing b business in the north? Maybe, yaradua should have allowed the niger-delta militants to over-run the south according to your myopic logic.

Don't even border replying me, I have an idea what nonsense you will spew!

1 Like

Re: Heavy Fighting As Troops Engage Boko Haram In Gwoza - Many Soldiers Died... by Actionleap: 2:44pm On Aug 12, 2014
How much did IBB gave to OIC to Islamize Nigeria? $20billion! This is why we are where we are. By the time BH is through with Nigeria, all of you talking trash because you have free access to the internet would wonder how we got here. This is a war long prepared by the Islamist. They believe their religion is superior to the constitution. Thank God for raising a mad man like Abacha who peed on their devilish Sultanate by removing Dasuki and replacing him with Maccido. The Fulani dynasty and their evil form of religion will die on this soil. All their evil plan will perish. A time will come that it'll be a shame to be associated with these animals in human skin who has no respect for human lives. We must all join all hands together to push back this evil men and women and send them back to their desert where demons like them belong.

1 Like

Re: Heavy Fighting As Troops Engage Boko Haram In Gwoza - Many Soldiers Died... by Litmus: 2:47pm On Aug 12, 2014
An army with the strength, capability and experience of the Nigerian military shouldn't be struggling like this. The best reason why they would struggle is if they're fighting a larger force than the Nigerian public are led to believe. This is not conspiracy, although i think people are too easily dismissive of them. If Nigeria is fighting a larger force than you people want to believe then i think that one good sign is intransigence -the military appears bugged down in a war of attrition in those Towns.

Military theorists and strategists like Sun Tzu have viewed attrition warfare as something to be avoided.

Nigeria has a large army but with a limited pool of men to draw from given the cynical attitude and nature of Nigerians. Bokoharam has a near limitless pool of men to draw from. They have the entire continent of African failed nations and the envious and hateful ones too to draw from. If Bokoharam that represent these disparate peoples secure a foothold in one of these towns then they will steadily grow and turn large swedes of NE Nigeria into the congo-like environment beloved of France.

Nigeria needs to make the leap, which it appears reluctant to do, into a first world Army. If we don't, its quite possible, as someone always argues on Beeagle's blog, for these primitive rabbles to sack Abuja one day. Sure they may not last a day in doing this but the moral victory for our worldwide enemies and blow to our esteem not to mention unnecessary loss of Nigerian life will be catastrophic.

1 Like

Re: Heavy Fighting As Troops Engage Boko Haram In Gwoza - Many Soldiers Died... by hardbody: 2:48pm On Aug 12, 2014
eunisam: kill those idiiots.all of them

Which of the idiiots? BH or NA?
Re: Heavy Fighting As Troops Engage Boko Haram In Gwoza - Many Soldiers Died... by 9japatroit(m): 2:49pm On Aug 12, 2014
Trust NA to recapture Gwoza since they 've set their foot on it,the news that will emanate soon is how NA recaptured Gwoza,every other myopic rant/article is irrelevant for now.God speed NA and may God bless u all.

1 Like

Re: Heavy Fighting As Troops Engage Boko Haram In Gwoza - Many Soldiers Died... by gbaskiboy: 2:53pm On Aug 12, 2014
Ezedon: So BH boys never want to give up
nigerians needs men like you to join in d fight against BH, can you make yourself available? grin
Re: Heavy Fighting As Troops Engage Boko Haram In Gwoza - Many Soldiers Died... by Nobody: 2:53pm On Aug 12, 2014
A new duplex 4 sale @ old GRA Enugu. Has 6 bedrooms all in suite, 4 upstairs and 2 downstairs with big parlour,compound and C of O, #80 million asking. Want to lease or buy landed properties in Enugu? Looking 4 accomodation in Enugu? Cotact Mbaeze unique services on 08030888125, 07030529590,08089725197,or mbaezeo@gmail.com for genuine services.
Re: Heavy Fighting As Troops Engage Boko Haram In Gwoza - Many Soldiers Died... by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 12, 2014
fydence: we get them plenty...eFOOTBALL COACHES,eGENERALS,eSTRATEGISTS eTC...all on top of their eCLASSES!
Na So oo... smileysmiley

1 Like

Re: Heavy Fighting As Troops Engage Boko Haram In Gwoza - Many Soldiers Died... by Ezedon(m): 3:15pm On Aug 12, 2014
gbaskiboy: nigerians needs men like you to join in d fight against BH, can you make yourself available? grin
yes, if we can go together cus two good heads are better than one
Re: Heavy Fighting As Troops Engage Boko Haram In Gwoza - Many Soldiers Died... by Udoabasi(m): 3:39pm On Aug 12, 2014
RIP to our soldiers who lost their life fighting for the nation. Everything that has a beginning will surely have an end.
Re: Heavy Fighting As Troops Engage Boko Haram In Gwoza - Many Soldiers Died... by enomakos(m): 3:44pm On Aug 12, 2014
Okijajuju1:

Please you people should cut out this bullshit about ancient arms.. I
use to peddle this fuckery until I sat down and thought about it.. Its
not the size of the gun that matters. A Catapult in the hands of an
expert marks man is always going to be deadlier than a Gun in the hands
of an untrained idiiot.

Our Soldiers have the upper hand, ancient weapons or not. They have the
logistics, official backing of the government, training and outnumber
Boko Haram. They have Air superiority, infantry and weapons. Boko Haram
have sophisticated arms, e no pass 50 Calibre and 30 Calibre GPMG's
which the Nigerian Army has in excess. Boko Haram still dont have
Helicopter Gunships nor do they have Cannons, Mortars, Armoured Tanks,
e.t.c..

The truth is that it is either our Infantry are poorly trained or the
Army strategists are fucktards or the Army in general are poorly
motivated.

seconded
Re: Heavy Fighting As Troops Engage Boko Haram In Gwoza - Many Soldiers Died... by bibiking7(m): 3:49pm On Aug 12, 2014
forgiveness:

I hope they see this.

You don't just wait for them to attack you in your territories but you should rather trail and attack them in their comfort zones.

And when you attack them, do not allow them to escape. They should trail those escaping with dogs, eagles, pigeons, choppers, fighter jets, armourd tanks, drones, spy and 200,000 soldiers,until they destroy their strong holds and capture their armouries.

They should close all the borders in the north and controll all the rivers, streams, ponds,lakes or any source of water to quench their thirsty throat. Infact, nobody should be allowed to transport water.

I dont know how many fighters this boko haram sect have, but i have always wondered why our army strategists can't try and use intelligence gathering to figure out their strongholds and pump like 70,000 heavily armed soldiers with air support to crush them once and for all. Well, i am not a soldier, i dont know much about strategies, i am in lasgidi and not in the north, so i dont know what its like over there, so my comment is just my own opinion oo. I do appreciate their efforts though. May God grant them victory.

Re: Heavy Fighting As Troops Engage Boko Haram In Gwoza - Many Soldiers Died... by agbododoaforke(m): 3:51pm On Aug 12, 2014
[quote author=MzJackBaueress]The saddest part of it is the wives of the soldiers have now turned widows and children have become fatherless.
I hope its not the soldiers who were stopped by their wives and children from going into battle. That will be very sad!

embarassed[/quote
i hope they did not die in vain
Re: Heavy Fighting As Troops Engage Boko Haram In Gwoza - Many Soldiers Died... by EasternLeopard: 4:01pm On Aug 12, 2014
RotrEmmanuel: OK you are happy that BH defeated naija military ryt

Why should a pro-GEJ like me be happy

My own point is

1) Review our recruitment process

2) Study BH tactics and develop ingenious tactics to over come BH

3) Yes airpower will greatly help but develop other non aerial tactics

4) Evacuate all civilians in affected areas to give room for the use of all military weapons

5) Create numerous 5man guerrilla units capable of searching and sniping BH commanders
Re: Heavy Fighting As Troops Engage Boko Haram In Gwoza - Many Soldiers Died... by obeski13(m): 4:02pm On Aug 12, 2014
[/b][/quote]tanks for ur well informed analysis.i think corruption is at d root of dis mess
Re: Heavy Fighting As Troops Engage Boko Haram In Gwoza - Many Soldiers Died... by sarutobie(m): 4:04pm On Aug 12, 2014
EbolaParasite:
Actually, the problem is lack of decisiveness from above and the need to please the UN and amnesty international. The nigerian army is trying to fight this guerilla warfare while being as humane as possible. They are trying to abide by war codes and limit civillian casualties. In the past, and under the supervision of the ABLE Baba Iyabo, they would have razed sambisa forest to the ground. Even insects would not have been spared. It would only take one day. Our problem is the USA and UN dictating how we should fight our war. If Jonathan takes d bull by d horn, we can finish this nonsense in one week
I remember when a member of the hypocritical amnesty international was yapping late last year on CNN about how the nigerian government should not engage in genocide. he used the "g" word a dozen times and I was wondering if this nigger knows what we are dealing with here..fast foward to 2014, bokoharam is stronger than ever and more ruthless, they can hardly distinguish between friend or foe, the northern "elders" are now giving ultimatum, water don pass garri..nobody knows the way to the ammesty committee again..the funny thing is, most of the posters here were also naively shouting genocide now their tone don change..
Re: Heavy Fighting As Troops Engage Boko Haram In Gwoza - Many Soldiers Died... by eunisam: 4:09pm On Aug 12, 2014
hardbody:

Which of the idiiots? BH or NA?

bh naaaa
Re: Heavy Fighting As Troops Engage Boko Haram In Gwoza - Many Soldiers Died... by tpia1: 4:10pm On Aug 12, 2014
rickkid:
Or there is sabotage from within.

Cannot rule that out.

True.

Have you noticed how there's so much fanfare about soldiers facing boko haram but relatively little publicity for the civilian victims of boko haram who number in the thousands or tens of thousands?

Any moment now, boko haram will strike again, at leisure and decimate so many people, I guess that's according to plan.
Re: Heavy Fighting As Troops Engage Boko Haram In Gwoza - Many Soldiers Died... by Nobody: 4:14pm On Aug 12, 2014
Okk;i take back my words
nduchucks:

In the anonymity of the internet, it is foolhardy to assume that a NL is or is not in the Army.
Re: Heavy Fighting As Troops Engage Boko Haram In Gwoza - Many Soldiers Died... by Emzy123(m): 4:16pm On Aug 12, 2014
Omexonomy: why not go and join the NA and cotribute ur quota.
their are many youth who are ready nd able to join d Nigeria army.but they won't carry us
Re: Heavy Fighting As Troops Engage Boko Haram In Gwoza - Many Soldiers Died... by tabaralph: 4:27pm On Aug 12, 2014
attack is the best form of defence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Re: Heavy Fighting As Troops Engage Boko Haram In Gwoza - Many Soldiers Died... by EasternLeopard: 4:29pm On Aug 12, 2014
Emzy123: their are many youth who are ready nd able to join d Nigeria army.but they won't carry us

Because we don't have money to bribe our way into the military

1 Like

Re: Heavy Fighting As Troops Engage Boko Haram In Gwoza - Many Soldiers Died... by Pain(m): 4:52pm On Aug 12, 2014
I can tell you its really bloody...
Re: Heavy Fighting As Troops Engage Boko Haram In Gwoza - Many Soldiers Died... by Testerfuze(m): 5:03pm On Aug 12, 2014
Why must it always be a bad news on d frontpage all the time,dis is becomin a trend and its annoying!!!
Re: Heavy Fighting As Troops Engage Boko Haram In Gwoza - Many Soldiers Died... by princenayo: 5:11pm On Aug 12, 2014
The truth of the matter is that our military has all it takes to end insurgency in the north if the northerners are ready to corporate with the our troops by providing valuable information to our security Agencies.
Re: Heavy Fighting As Troops Engage Boko Haram In Gwoza - Many Soldiers Died... by princenayo: 5:17pm On Aug 12, 2014
I remember when a member of the hypocritical amnesty international was yapping late last year on CNN about how the Nigerian government should not engage in genocide. If the Nigerian soldiers decides to wipe all the animals in that Gwoza, this human right nonsense people will not allow us to hear word.
Re: Heavy Fighting As Troops Engage Boko Haram In Gwoza - Many Soldiers Died... by lastpage: 5:20pm On Aug 12, 2014
hardbody: If it is to apply the use of Russian Kalashnikovs and bring in bombers to straff and level out villages and kill innocent and harmless old men, women and children, they will all become gallant. 1966-1970 has come back to roost. Apply the Nigerian valour that was used against the Biafran enclave to dislodge the BH. Who said that the military cannot use the same maximum force it used against Biafra to destabilize and decapitate BH? I have no sympathy for anyone up there, including GEJ, Borno State or BH. They are all the same to me. They brazenly killed innocent, helpless and hapless women, men and children. It is not yet time for reckoning, indeed it is not yet morning on creation day. I expect to be called names, but it won't change my views and do not come and quote me and then remind me it is an event that happened 40 years ago, No. There has been no restitution, no apologies, nothing whatsoever. Let the rampaging continue, the blood of over 3 million MURDERED Biafrans calling for reprissals. God no be small pikin....

....And what happened at Odi?.....

Indeed some animals are more equal than others and that explains why there will be more deaths on the side of the military......

Are you even remotely aware that despite this your "BIAFRAN RANT", some of the gallant Nigerian soldiers who are laying there life down for Nigeria and whom you are also insulting here .......are of IGBO extraction?

And when the war is finally won, do you think we should not recognize the contributions of these gallant [b]Igbo soldiers
as well?[/b]

I wont abuse you, rather l will implore you to STOP shooting yourself in the leg, it is "self-defeating"!

If and when the "Whites" pay restitution to Nigeria for the Slave Trade, maybe we will consider your request, till then, Support the Nigerian Army 110%. wink wink

Lastpage!

3 Likes

Re: Heavy Fighting As Troops Engage Boko Haram In Gwoza - Many Soldiers Died... by EbolaParasite: 5:36pm On Aug 12, 2014
bibiking7:

I dont know how many fighters this boko haram sect have, but i have always wondered why our army strategists can't try and use intelligence gathering to figure out their strongholds and pump like 70,000 heavily armed soldiers with air support to crush them once and for all. Well, i am not a soldier, i dont know much about strategies, i am in lasgidi and not in the north, so i dont know what its like over there, so my comment is just my own opinion oo. I do appreciate their efforts though. May God grant them victory.

Easier said than done. Guerrilla warfare is not as easy as it looks. The Nigerian Army is an easy and identifiable target while boko haram members are civillians and not easilly identifiable. Boko Haram knows that the Govt wants to please the world and wouldn't want to be tagged as comitting "genocide" hence kidnapping and holding those girls in Sambisa. If this was during the military regime, they would have ordered all civillians out of there and BOMBED the shit out of sambisa forest. IF they do that today Amnesty Int will start shouting and screaming like a woman in labor. They want us to end the boko haram menace, yet they don't want us to do it our way. We did it our way in SA, sierra leone, liberia, cote divorie etc. It is high time Jonathan said, hey feck it, ERADICATE these mofos with the entire might of the Nigerian Army. I am personally waiting for the day that Shekau will be humiliated the like Samuel Doe. He does not need any court for nothing. He will slaughtered like the evil pig that he is.

1 Like

Re: Heavy Fighting As Troops Engage Boko Haram In Gwoza - Many Soldiers Died... by agitator: 5:37pm On Aug 12, 2014
simplex2:

Such myopic way of reasoning! You think you're better off than the North and they don't deserve adequate security? do you know the population of christians in the north? Do you know the population of non-northerners residing and doing b business in the north? Maybe, yaradua should have allowed the niger-delta militants to over-run the south according to your myopic logic.

Don't even border replying me, I have an idea what nonsense you will spew!

Seriously you need a brain check, are you ok wink wink wink
How many people did the Niger Delta militants kill? Didn't OBJ let them run riot after embezzling $25B meant for power.

oponu undecided undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

US Federal Air Marshal Attacked With Syringe In Lagos Airport. / 12 Times President Buhari’s Swagg Game Was On Point As He Becomes 73 (Pics) / Fani-Kayode: Dog Emefiele, Witch Najaatu, Prepare For Battle, I Will Bury You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.