Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,104 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] (25413 Views)

My Sour Experience With Shippyme.com / Shippyme Customer Care Thread On Nairaland / Review On Www.shippyme.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by twinskenny(m): 9:16am On Aug 25, 2014
infogenius:

Sorry to write this. But to the above post I'm not convinced that you both are telling the truth

I am surprised that a thread like this will still be coming up concerning this company.I started a thread on my
bitter experience with them earlier this year.So many apologies after the ordeal.But same issues still comes up.

This is my observation.
- If you are a patient person and not in business do business with shippyme.

- If u're a business person or you want to ship items for your business or clients THEN DO NOT FALL
FOR THE 7 -12 DAYS CLAIM
on their site. This is NEVER feasible.Use another shipper
if you want ur items with 2 weeks.

- Expect items from ONE month after booking.That is the honest truth.

- Do not call their 9ja customer service (pure time wasters) call the u.s team,they may help u better.

Their site records some of this terrible woes, please take them seriously b4 using them, I read them
but just decided to give a try and I hear am.

All the best to those that nerves of steel that does business with them.

op
I am not surprised with ur post and I understand what u went thru b'cos I went thru
a similar experience. I only wish u the best.

i wonder why a thread like this wont make it to the front page... i lost close to 300k they ruin my business..
i made a mistake using there service all over again... i was convinced by the usa team,

imagine a samsung galaxy tab was ship to there office and for more than 6month they cant find it.. thank God for tracking system which show the item was delivered to them.. one of thr US staff took it upon himself to purchase another one for me, and same guy convinced me that things has changed... alas we are back to square one.. now is over 3days i sent them an email asking the whereabout of my item.. no one has replied me.d

patiently waiting
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by infogenius(m): 9:55am On Aug 25, 2014
twinskenny:

i wonder why a thread like this wont make it to the front page... i lost close to 300k they ruin my business..
i made a mistake using there service all over again... i was convinced by the usa team,

imagine a samsung galaxy tab was ship to there office and for more than 6month they cant find it.. thank God for tracking system which show the item was delivered to them.. one of thr US staff took it upon himself to purchase another one for me, and same guy convinced me that things has changed... alas we are back to square one.. now is over 3days i sent them an email asking the whereabout of my item.. no one has replied me.d

patiently waiting

So sad.It will end well.
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by euwajeh(m): 10:01am On Aug 25, 2014
NICE DOING BUSINESS WITH YOU GUYS.
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by Catlanta: 1:57pm On Aug 25, 2014
I am quite surprised at this. Apart from the Nahco strike, which was well documented, we have not had any issues with delivering on time well within our advertised delivery period. I apologize for the delays you may have experienced and I assure you this is not the norm at Shippyme
cne010:

Bros make Una dey fear God before I post email evidence. I have used shippyme thrice and never have they done it btw 8 to 12 days neverI repeat NEVER!! First package took a month they blamed Nahco. Second came late 3 weeks blamed the US Team. The third one shipped exactly 2 weeks after payment and it's been 4 days and not yet in Nigeria would be 3 weeks pretty soon. I wonder who they would blame now.

Sadly I don't have any options I can't advise my friend to try them.
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by Catlanta: 2:15pm On Aug 25, 2014
We sincerely apologize for the issues you may have experienced. However, Shippyme's Business Account feature would invalidate your claim. There are a number of business customers who use Shippyme's Business Account not only for the lowest rates but also to expedite shipping and get their company's shipments on time. So Shippyme works both ways, whether as a customer or as a business. And please, do visit www.shippyme.com/testimonial/ to see the reviews on the site
infogenius:

Sorry to write this. But to the above post I'm not convinced that you both are telling the truth

I am surprised that a thread like this will still be coming up concerning this company.I started a thread on my
bitter experience with them earlier this year.So many apologies after the ordeal.But same issues still comes up.

This is my observation.
- If you are a patient person and not in business do business with shippyme.

- If u're a business person or you want to ship items for your business or clients THEN DO NOT FALL
FOR THE 7 -12 DAYS CLAIM
on their site. This is NEVER feasible.Use another shipper
if you want ur items with 2 weeks.

- Expect items from ONE month after booking.That is the honest truth.

- Do not call their 9ja customer service (pure time wasters) call the u.s team,they may help u better.

Their site records some of this terrible woes, please take them seriously b4 using them, I read them
but just decided to give a try and I hear am.

All the best to those that nerves of steel that does business with them.

op
I am not surprised with ur post and I understand what u went thru b'cos I went thru
a similar experience. I only wish u the best.

Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by twinskenny(m): 6:11pm On Aug 25, 2014
Catlanta: We sincerely apologize for the issues you may have experienced. However, Shippyme's Business Account feature would invalidate your claim. There are a number of business customers who use Shippyme's Business Account not only for the lowest rates but also to expedite shipping and get their company's shipments on time. So Shippyme works both ways, whether as a customer or as a business. And please, do visit www.shippyme.com/testimonial/ to see the reviews on the site

you see on your page you only publish the positive review.. i have written so many review and they never get published. and i can see u skip my own issues because it has become norm to you... like i said i give u guys up to the end of this week... that will make it one month and some days that my item has spent with you.. apparently u are using sea freight instead of air freight that people paid for.. so sad
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by euwajeh(m): 6:48pm On Aug 25, 2014
SHIPPYME THANK YOU FOR SERVING MY BUSINESS .
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by infogenius(m): 1:33pm On Aug 26, 2014
euwajeh: Me too my item close to 80k nowhere to be found there claim it was shipped on the 6th of august but uptill now no proof it has left USA.
Call the us office, they may be able to give more information.Their no is on the site.
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by infogenius(m): 1:40pm On Aug 26, 2014
Catlanta: We sincerely apologize for the issues you may have experienced. However, Shippyme's Business Account feature would invalidate your claim. There are a number of business customers who use Shippyme's Business Account not only for the lowest rates but also to expedite shipping and get their company's shipments on time. So Shippyme works both ways, whether as a customer or as a business. And please, do visit www.shippyme.com/testimonial/ to see the reviews on the site

It would have been better if u kept shut.How many real reviews do u publish on ur site? And funny enuf u
still had to publish some that said a little of ur shortcomings that could have given the customers
to be a real re-think.
Anyway, we are reading the reviews on N/Land on the real horrible experiences from ur service
which more authentic and reliable than the one sided reviews composed by u & ur staff published on ur site.
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by euwajeh(m): 1:40pm On Aug 26, 2014
Thanks for your concern .
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by infogenius(m): 1:41pm On Aug 26, 2014
euwajeh: I am surprise shippyme is doing this. I am suspecting my item went through sea not air that I paid for. How can someone tell me that my items were shipped on the 6th of this month and up till now my items are not in anywhere in Nigeria.

It may be coming by air.It just boils down to really poor service delivery.
Call the U.S office abnd u may get timely help.
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by infogenius(m): 1:44pm On Aug 26, 2014
euwajeh: Thanks for your concern I have called and I have visited their office but I was told my items are still in the usa but when you call usa there will tell you that my items were shipped on the 6th of august. So I am confused

Then ur items have been shipped.It is possible it is in their ware house.
U'll need to disturb their customer service.Infact call them and request
to talk to Mr Collins. He could be of help to u.
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by euwajeh(m): 1:46pm On Aug 26, 2014
NICE WORK
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by euwajeh(m): 2:09pm On Aug 26, 2014
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by joshadesanya: 2:34pm On Aug 26, 2014
shippyme reps don open so many nairaland accounts oooo...

seun!!! watch out........

All dis guys running mouth like tap water are suspected to be employees of shippyme....

Guys! be at alert.....

Shippyme na one chance...
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by stagger: 2:39pm On Aug 26, 2014
Liars and thieves.
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by twinskenny(m): 9:39pm On Aug 26, 2014
joshadesanya: shippyme reps don open so many nairaland accounts oooo...

seun!!! watch out........

All dis guys running mouth like tap water are suspected to be employees of shippyme....

Guys! be at alert.....

Shippyme na one chance...
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by twinskenny(m): 10:09pm On Aug 26, 2014
Been trying to contain my anger ... but u guys should understand how bad your services are.. its a crime to ship item with you>?? must I waste all my resources because i choose to patronize you? whats wrong with you guys? cant someone just give me an update regarding my item? i sent an email and up till now non one is sensible enough to give me a reply? including your overall boss? i wont take this lightly with you if i dont get a positive response above my booking before the end of this week.. Enough of this nonchalant attitudes of yours.... you ruin my business the last time and i kept quite about it.. but believe me if my item should spend a month with you, you are for a big trouble you can imagine... you might be doing it with other customers and get away with it..

Kyle i dont know why you choose to lie about this..... you claimed to ship this item some weeks ago yet the lagos office said you didnt ship it.. remember you told me that your men here in lagos are not been sincere with you.. i am going to publish this and let others know how ridiculous your services are..

like i said, if by the end of this week no response concerning my items you are in for a big trouble
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by twinskenny(m): 10:13pm On Aug 26, 2014
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by euwajeh(m): 11:02pm On Aug 26, 2014
RECEIVED MY ITEMS INTACT.THANK YOU SHIPPYME
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by twinskenny(m): 6:16am On Aug 27, 2014
euwajeh: @twinskenny I am having same problem kyle told me that my item was shipped on the 6th but the Nigeria team said it is still in the USA warehouse I am just waiting till Friday before I conclude . I don't know why a company like shippyme will not be able to trace where an item is.

They replied me on facebook last night, and promised to call me today.. patiently waiting
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by Catlanta: 1:00pm On Aug 27, 2014
I understand your frustration and truly I apologize if you have had some bad experiences this time around using Shippyme. This still does not invalidate the fact that Shippyme provides wonderful service and has a ton of satisfied customers. Even within this thread, you can find different customers coming forward to stand for us. Unless we opened all these accounts (some from 2011) I don't see how they are "fake" or "employees". In this age any company engaging in such would instantly be found out. Shippyme has never had the need to do so, not in our early days and certainly not now Sir.
infogenius:

It would have been better if u kept shut.How many real reviews do u publish on ur site? And funny enuf u
still had to publish some that said a little of ur shortcomings that could have given the customers
to be a real re-think.
Anyway, we are reading the reviews on N/Land on the real horrible experiences from ur service
which more authentic and reliable than the one sided reviews composed by u & ur staff published on ur site.
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by Catlanta: 1:53pm On Aug 27, 2014
infogenius, euwajeh and twinskenny are our old customers, whose business we greatly appreciate. You have been with us for a long time and we look forward to an even longer relationship with you. As you are well aware, every courier in the world has rare occasions where items either get lost or damaged in transit.

We have had items damaged in transit after we delivered in good condition to our domestic courier partner. In that case, we made an instant repurchase of the items. Israel4u here on nairaland can confirm this. Without even waiting for our partner to claim responsibility, we had reordered the item and delivered it to him. This is the type of company we are.

At Shippyme, in cases where items are missing so long as they are insured we will make full refunds of not just the item's value but the shipping costs immediately. Where insurance is not selected, we must go through every avenue to search for the items. This involves third parties such as the airlines and clearing agents and even with our best effort it does take some time to find these items.

The insurance fee is so nominal and was designed to give you an extra level of security. Especially for our business customers for whom each shipment means a profit or loss.

Please rest assured that we will continue to make every effort to find these missing items. As promised, twinskenny, do expect a call from us today.
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by euwajeh(m): 2:10pm On Aug 27, 2014
I HAVE JUST PORTED TO SHIPPYME.
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by twinskenny(m): 2:29pm On Aug 27, 2014
Catlanta: infogenius, euwajeh and twinskenny are our old customers, whose business we greatly appreciate. You have been with us for a long time and we look forward to an even longer relationship with you. As you are well aware, every courier in the world has rare occasions where items either get lost or damaged in transit.

We have had items damaged in transit after we delivered in good condition to our domestic courier partner. In that case, we made an instant repurchase of the items. Israel4u here on nairaland can confirm this. Without even waiting for our partner to claim responsibility, we had reordered the item and delivered it to him. This is the type of company we are.

At Shippyme, in cases where items are missing so long as they are insured we will make full refunds of not just the item's value but the shipping costs immediately. Where insurance is not selected, we must go through every avenue to search for the items. This involves third parties such as the airlines and clearing agents and even with our best effort it does take some time to find these items.

The insurance fee is so nominal and was designed to give you an extra level of security. Especially for our business customers for whom each shipment means a profit or loss.

Please rest assured that we will continue to make every effort to find these missing items. As promised, twinskenny, do expect a call from us today.

I have replied your email... and d deadline still stay
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by Catlanta: 3:38pm On Aug 27, 2014
Once a request for compensation on an insured item is made you are entitled to a refund or repurchase from Shippyme. Did you make a request for such on an insured booking and were refused? I highly doubt this but if that is the case, you are still entitled to a refund no matter if it occurred last year. All I would need is the booking number to begin processing the compensation.
euwajeh: As said even your insurance don't work for me I wouldn't take it easy with you people because when my 3 watches were misplaced last year with insurance I was not compensated I was told you guys will get back to me up till now no one got back to me. What I want is my items please I don't want to take it far. Thanks
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by twinskenny(m): 11:29am On Aug 28, 2014
euwajeh: As said even your insurance don't work for me I wouldn't take it easy with you people because when my 3 watches were misplaced last year with insurance I was not compensated I was told you guys will get back to me up till now no one got back to me. What I want is my items please I don't want to take it far. Thanks
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by omoteretop: 11:48am On Aug 28, 2014
SHIPPING THROUGH SHIPPYME

Shippyme is not that bad as portrayed by many users. Although, they might experience some issues which is common to the shipping industry.

Here is my experience.

I ordered for 50 books from CreateSpace (S1403188006) and shipped it through Shippyme in first week of April , 2014. Probably due to the sea freight package i chose, the books got to me at the end of June, 2014. I was not happy at first and complained about the delay to the USA office who told me that the goods arrived in Nigeria in the second week of June. I contacted the Nigeria office and was told that the goods are being cleared. This took about two weeks. The customer care actually apologized for this.

In anger, i sought for other shipping companies in Nigeria and to my amazement, none provided comprehensive information on how to ship goods from the USA. So, i turned back to Shippyme.

I ordered for an inverter (S1405247844 ) and shipped it through Shippyme. I used the sea freight and got the package within 30 days. I was surprised because the estimated delivery period should be 10 weeks. This was done in four weeks.

I discovered that once you order for a good, quickly make a new booking of that particular order in your Shippyme account. Monitor it yourself on your Shippyme portal and constantly send a message to be updated. This was what i did for the second good i ordered.

My packages were delivered and never missing.

1 Like

Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by infogenius(m): 3:03am On Aug 29, 2014
Catlanta: I understand your frustration and truly I apologize if you have had some bad experiences this time around using Shippyme. This still does not invalidate the fact that Shippyme provides wonderful service and has a ton of satisfied customers. Even within this thread, you can find different customers coming forward to stand for us. Unless we opened all these accounts (some from 2011) I don't see how they are "fake" or "employees". In this age any company engaging in such would instantly be found out. Shippyme has never had the need to do so, not in our early days and certainly not now Sir.

Eh, I am neither expressing frustration nor bothered by the testimonials of others, I'm only pissed off that shippyme has not really improved from where i left them,
the same song of woes of same bad service which includes delays and poor customer support is still part of shippyme.

The constant thing in life is change,the earlier shippyme actually embraces this change the better for them and their customers.
Re: UPDATED - [Shippyme.com Is A Nightmare Waiting To Happen To You.] by infogenius(m): 3:16am On Aug 29, 2014
omoteretop: SHIPPING THROUGH SHIPPYME

Shippyme is not that bad as portrayed by many users. Although, they might experience some issues which is common to the shipping industry.

Here is my experience.

I ordered for 50 books from CreateSpace (S1403188006) and shipped it through Shippyme in first week of April , 2014. Probably due to the sea freight package i chose, the books got to me at the end of June, 2014. I was not happy at first and complained about the delay to the USA office who told me that the goods arrived in Nigeria in the second week of June. I contacted the Nigeria office and was told that the goods are being cleared. This took about two weeks. The customer care actually apologized for this.

This is their norm.

omoteretop: In anger, i sought for other shipping companies in Nigeria and to my amazement, none provided comprehensive information on how to ship goods from the USA. So, i turned back to Shippyme.

This not true,maybe u used another bad shipper b'cos of ur anger.I have been shipping with another shipping company even b4 I stopped using shippyme and I have not had any cause to regret using them and I am still using them as I write this.U only need to be better informed.

omoteretop: I ordered for an inverter (S1405247844 ) and shipped it through Shippyme. I used the sea freight and got the package within 30 days. I was surprised because the estimated delivery period should be 10 weeks. This was done in four weeks.

Lucky you.

omoteretop: I discovered that once you order for a good, quickly make a new booking of that particular order in your Shippyme account. Monitor it yourself on your Shippyme portal and constantly send a message to be updated. This was what i did for the second good i ordered.

My packages were delivered and never missing.

This is not really true.Not all Nigerians that ship through shippyme are dumb.
I did the above (as I ordered I updated on the portal) when I ordered through shippyme
and it still ended in the same sad tale.
I believe u and other shippers should continue to enjoy this unconditional favor from shippyme and give us good
testimonies so that the complaints will reduce.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Largest Crowd Seen In A Bank For BVN Registration (photo) / Global Lockdown Crashes Oil Price / Jimoh Ibrahim Father Dies, Two Months After His Mum's Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.