Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge (15970 Views)

CJN Unhappy Over Conflicting Decisions By Appeal Court Divisions / Boko-Haram Claims Victory Over Nigerian Army In New Video / I ‘ve Video Evidence On Murder Of Abacha, Abiola – Al-mustapha (2) (3) (4)

Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by Nobody: 6:18am On Aug 14, 2014
Why can't she just wait at night to cut off her husband s balls off.In as much as they claimed she choose her husband, is there really anything a girl - child in some part of the North do other than expose their untouched hymen to old men

Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by yerimastyle(m): 6:18am On Aug 14, 2014
tongue
Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by dollarsplenty(m): 6:22am On Aug 14, 2014
This girl was certainly forced to marry the deceased. Love was not involved. This is an AUREN-DOLE (Forced-marriage) that backfired. the only pity here is about those that ate food with the husband.

Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by ddeola: 6:22am On Aug 14, 2014
Bad experience for the pedophile but homicide na homicide no matter the reason
Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by dollarsplenty(m): 6:23am On Aug 14, 2014
this girl was certainly forced to marry the deceased
Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by Nobody: 6:25am On Aug 14, 2014
ddeola: Bad experience for the pedophile but homicide na homicide no matter the reason

She should be tried as a minor then.I don't think a 14 year old ignorant hauaa needs a prison yard,what she needs is a classroom!!!Damn it the rich Northern ers knows this!!!

Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by PassingShot(m): 6:27am On Aug 14, 2014
babyosisi:

The point is that
She is 14
14 year olds are minors
Minors cannot get into legal contracts
Can't even vote
If she went into it willingly,she wouldn't have killed him

Even many western countries legally allow girls younger than 14 to marry. All that is required is the consent of a parent or guardian. So, from that context you cannot fault this practice since the consent of the parents were involved too.

And to say that she wouldn't have killed him if she went into it willingly is too bogus and not correct. We have seen many marriages of adults even in the south that ended in tragic just like this one. Only that in those ones we don't talk about age of the victim or the murderer since that is not always a factor.

My point is that she could still have killed him even if she was 35 years who chose to marry the man for many other reasons.

Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by Nobody: 6:27am On Aug 14, 2014
By the way,the girls stupid father claimed she picked her husband herself.In his story, he mentioned a fact that all his daughter s married at 14 right?I think she choosed her suitor based on that tradition in the family and not that she was ready and willing to marry her said husband.

Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by eldoradoxx: 6:30am On Aug 14, 2014
My views on this issue may be offensive to some persons but the brutal truth. If a 14yr year old girl everywhere can be mature enough to give consent and have sex and enjoy the show, why not allow them marry than continue raising baby factories everywhere ? You see, even in advanced world 13 is the right age for consent by a girl. So why is our law just as it is in UK and America recognise that a girl can give consent to sex at age 13 (and perhaps free to become a prostitute or baby factory worker from then) but not free to legally marry ? Islam and Christainity have same provisions for marriage, which is age of puberty which is almost the same as the age of consent, so I don't see why this fuse ? But for the instant case, if indeed the girl was forced into the marriage, then we could say that from onset there was no consent and thus, every intercourse should be viewed as rape and the poisoning an act of provocation which should mitigate the offence.

Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by Nobody: 6:30am On Aug 14, 2014
PassingShot:

Even many western countries legally allow girls younger than 14 to marry. All that is required is the consent of a parent or guardian. So, from that context you cannot fault this practice since the consent of the parents were involved too.

And to say that she wouldn't have killed him if she went into it willingly is too bogus and not correct. We have seen many marriages of adults even in the south that ended in tragic just like this one. Only that in those ones we don't talk about age of the victim or the murderer since that is not always a factor.

My point is that she could still have killed him even if she was 35 years who chose to marry the man for many other reasons.

There you go rationalizing
This is not a case where a 14 year old set out to marry
This is a 14 year old that was supposed to marry whether she liked it of not because the marriage age in the family was set at 14

Aren't we reading the same post?

Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by Pavore9: 6:32am On Aug 14, 2014
What kind of love can exist between a 35 year old man and a 14 year old girl? Why won't their offsprings be recruiting ground for boko haram when their human capital development is very low!

Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by PassingShot(m): 6:32am On Aug 14, 2014
babyosisi:

The statement above by her uncle tells you the girl had no choice in this marriage matter
This is a life chosen for her

Yes she may have had no choice other than to marry. And yes it's a life chosen for her by Nigeria and her fate and not necessarily her parents.

Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by Nobody: 6:33am On Aug 14, 2014
eldoradoxx: My views on this issue may be offensive to some persons but the brutal truth. If a 14yr year old girl everywhere can be mature enough to give consent and have sex and enjoy the show, why not allow them marry than continue raising baby factories everywhere ? You see, even in advanced world 13 is the right age for consent by a girl. So why is our law just as it is in UK and America recognise that a girl can give consent to sex at age 13 (and perhaps free to become a prostitute or baby factory worker from then) but not free to legally marry ? Islam and Christainity have same provisions for marriage, which is age of puberty which is almost the same as the age of consent, so I don't see why this fuse ? But for the instant case, if indeed the girl was forced into the marriage, then we could say that from onset there was no consent and thus, every intercourse should be viewed as rape and the poisoning an act of provocation which should mitigate the offence.

Please do not drag Christianity into this poo
In the Middle East girls as young as 8 and 9 are getting married and they say. Islam gives them the right
Don't drag Christianity into this filthy bucket of poop please
prophet Mohammed married a girl of 6
That is the origin of this

Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by Nobody: 6:34am On Aug 14, 2014
PassingShot:

Yes she may have had no choice other than to marry. And yes it's a life chosen for her by Nigeria and her fate and not necessarily her parents.

By Nigeria?
What is this person talking about
You are all over the place
I give up

Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by Nobody: 6:34am On Aug 14, 2014
This is a simple case. She is a minor, she can't be charged for anything! Period!

Their parents committed the first murder when they conceded to a minor marrying a paedophile. They should all be hanged, as well as the husband's corpse. The girl should be sent to a therapist to relieve her of the violence done against her.

Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by PassingShot(m): 6:36am On Aug 14, 2014
babyosisi:

There you go rationalizing
This is not a case where a 14 year old set out to marry
This is a 14 year old that was supposed to marry whether she liked it of not because the marriage age in the family was set at 14

Aren't we reading the same post?

We have to rationalize because we need to consider all situations and circumstances to be fair. We're not talking about a girl in the southern part of Nigeria but a girl in a remote village in the north where it is the norm for girls to "marry" at early age.

Are you trying to justify her killing of the man she "chose" to marry?
Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by Nysqd(f): 6:38am On Aug 14, 2014
Let's all join hands to say NO to the taking of child brides. This is as a result of gross ignorance! How many of our northern politicians have married off their girls as minors?

Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by Nobody: 6:38am On Aug 14, 2014
Human rights lawyers, especially southern Christians, have called for the charges against Tasi'u to be dismissed, saying she should be rehabilitated as a victim and noting the possibility that she was Molested by the man she married.

Gbam!

Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by PassingShot(m): 6:39am On Aug 14, 2014
babyosisi:

By Nigeria?
What is this person talking about
You are all over the place
I give up

Yes by Nigeria that failed to provide education for its citizens in the villages.

No problems with giving up. I have superior arguments.
Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by tintingz(m): 6:41am On Aug 14, 2014
hollandis: This girl is a role model to fellow children bride .USA should grant her amnesty jare.Her father is a useless thing
Yeah Africans calling the western countries like mumus.

As if the western countries never had any records of child marriage.

The father clearly stated the problem they are facing in the north and why they keep to the tradition of child marriage which is lack of schools, education in the community.

Government should build schools in those areas in the north and we should stop calling USA like helpless goats.

Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by Nobody: 6:44am On Aug 14, 2014
The suspect, in tears as she spoke to Sunday Vanguard at Bompai police headquarters, Kano, where she was being detained, added: “I have never enjoyed the opportunity of going to Islamic school or acquiring Western education. My father forced me into this mess by stubbornly forcing me into a relationship I was not prepared to live in “.
The girl, who hails from Yansoro- Kademi in Gaya local government area of Kano State, revealed that “though my target was my late husband, I must confess that my blood went cold when I realized I had committed mass murder”.
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/04/killer-child-bride-speaks-regret-killing-husband-17-days-wedding/#sthash.zcRiIk9O.dpuf

This was the child shortly after
Remember she killed the guy 17 days after
17 days of her innocence taken away
She had to get rid of her attacker
I believe her,I don't believe the stoopid males in her family who may also be sleeping with a little girl her age

Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by Nobody: 6:45am On Aug 14, 2014
tintingz: Yeah Africans calling the western countries like mumus.

As if the western countries never had any records of child marriage.

The father clearly stated the problem they are facing in the north and why they keep to the tradition of child marriage which is lack of schools, education in the community.

Government should build schools in those areas in the north and we should stop calling USA like helpless goats.

Which govt
Federal or state
Looking for someone to blame
Even with schools,how many attend?
This is 2014 not 1714
The ones in Lagos or Aba don't attend the schools available to them either
Child marriage is all over the Muslim world,has nothing to do with availability of schools
They will actually pull the kids out of school to marry them off
Until you are sincere with yourselves this ill will not end

Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by DollyParton1(f): 6:47am On Aug 14, 2014
Nigerian criminal law was shaped by British colonial-era measures and penal codes in the north and south vary slightly as the two regions were governed as separate colonies before 1914.
Both regions technically outlaw "carnal knowledge" of a minor but enforcing that measure is complicated in the north as police must strike a tricky balance with sharia, which some say permits intimate relations with minors.
Dunno why these regions where merged together.
Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by nerodenero: 6:51am On Aug 14, 2014
Religion is the culture
ednut1: barbaric culture
Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by tandj: 6:54am On Aug 14, 2014

Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by Fourwinds: 6:55am On Aug 14, 2014
d girl must be afraid of d man's ANACONDA every nite. poor girl.!!! chai she did not wish for such a snake

Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by Nobody: 6:55am On Aug 14, 2014
PassingShot:

Yes by Nigeria that failed to provide education for its citizens in the villages.

No problems with giving up. I have superior arguments.

And girls in my village are in schools and are not wives by 14 in the same Nigeria
Go figure

Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by tintingz(m): 7:01am On Aug 14, 2014
babyosisi:

Please do not drag Christianity into this poo
In the Middle East girls as young as 8 and 9 are getting married and they say. Islam gives them the right
Don't drag Christianity into this filthy bucket of poop please
prophet Mohammed married a girl of 6
That is the origin of this
In history of the Jewish people where Christianity originated from child marriage is a practise, Mary was a child bride to Joseph.

In early Christian doctrine the age of girls marriage is 14yrs old.

In Europe, for example, Catholic canon law sets 14 as the minimum age for the marriage of girls, [52] as does Spain with a legal guardian's permission. [53] In North America, girls can be legally married at age 15 in Mexico. Canada and many states in the USA permit child marriages, with court's permission .
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_marriage

Catholic law on marriage is 14 years old, isn't that child marriage?
Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by lastpage: 7:01am On Aug 14, 2014
This is one of the reasons why the North of Nigeria is backward and will remain backward for a very long time!
All these "barbaric cultures" should be abolished ASAP!

I mean, does it mean that the stewpid, dead-he-goat cannot find a "matured" young woman in all of Nigeria to marry?

At 14years, this girls are yet to fully mature for rigorous se*x not to talk of marriage!
These are girls which if properly educated, may become the President of this country in future!

And the silly Father should be jailed as well, for aiding and abetting Paedophilia.
If not that the rat-poison did a nice job, l will have advocated that the 35yr old monster be incarcerated for life as well.

Does it bother anyone, especially the average Northerner, that female children of "Islamic but rich people" like Babangida, past Governors, Sanusi Lamido, e.t.c are not "married-off" at 14yrs?
Does it mean that there is a different culture/Religion for the poor masses and another set for the "Elites"
?

Look, all these "Sufayoos" from the North need to wake-up and stop dragging this nation backwards.

Culture can be modernised and improved with "times".
There used to be a culture of killing Twins down South but it was abolished and every one was the better for it.
That is how progressive people behave, not stand rooted on some "Peodophilic Culture"

Culture my black bottom! You never die sef, you go still die a second time.
Can somebody donate a "Bag of Rat Poison" for these younger girls please? tongue tongue
By the time 500 of una chop Rat poison, nobody will advise you before you stop raping small girls in the name of culture!

Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by Okijajuju1(m): 7:04am On Aug 14, 2014
She is going to prison for sure.

Reason.. Nigeria's halfassed laws.

A nation that mixes religion with government without clear boundaries is bound to face shot like this.

You can't try a minor as an adult for murder in Nigeria, but in the north, a Minor can be entered into a legal marriage contract by an adult. Now I would have thought that her father would be responsible for her actions seeing as he gave consent on her behalf.

And if a person outside the North has carnal knowledge of a person under 18 it's r-ape, but if it happens in the north, under marriage, it's legal. And yet the government spends millions of taxpayers money to cater to the thousands of minors in the north suffering from VVF.

God save us all.

Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by temitemi1(m): 7:07am On Aug 14, 2014
Islam with these their imoral acts, I wonder what their war-like book(quran) teaches them!

Obiano Commissions E4E Program For Niger Delta Youths In Anambra- Pix / Snatch Ballot Box, Face Grave Consequence, IG Echoes Buhari / Ignore Fake News, Osinbajo Will Never Resign – Group

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58