Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,073 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge (15972 Views)

CJN Unhappy Over Conflicting Decisions By Appeal Court Divisions / Boko-Haram Claims Victory Over Nigerian Army In New Video / I ‘ve Video Evidence On Murder Of Abacha, Abiola – Al-mustapha (2) (3) (4)

Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by Nobody: 7:59pm On Aug 14, 2014
with the level of civilization this days,why would such reek law exist in the first place,am not against islam but such sharia law is too crude and foul
Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by Nobody: 8:04pm On Aug 14, 2014
@ anonimi read this and educate yourself

The high amount of mentally retarded and handicapped royalties throughout European history shows the unhealthy consequences of this practice. Luckily, the royal families have now allowed themselves to marry for love and not just for status.

The Muslim culture still practices inbreeding and has been doing so for longer than any Egyptian dynasty. This practice also predates the world’s oldest monarchy (the Danish) by 300 years.

A rough estimate shows that close to half of all Muslims in the world are inbred: In Pakistan, 70 percent of all marriages are between first cousins (so-called "consanguinity"wink and in Turkey the amount is between 25-30 percent (Jyllands-Posten, 27/2 2009 More stillbirths among immigrants"

Statistical research on Arabic countries shows that up to 34 percent of all marriages in Algiers are consanguine (blood related), 46 percent in Bahrain, 33 percent in Egypt, 80 percent in Nubia (southern area in Egypt), 60 percent in Iraq, 64 percent in Jordan, 64 percent in Kuwait, 42 percent in Lebanon, 48 percent in Libya, 47 percent in Mauritania, 54 percent in Qatar, 67 percent in Saudi Arabia, 63 percent in Sudan, 40 percent in Syria, 39 percent in Tunisia, 54 percent in the United Arabic Emirates and 45 percent in Yemen (Reproductive Health Journal, 2009 Consanguinity and reproductive health among Arabs.)

The research, conducted by the BBC and broadcast to a shocked nation on Tuesday, found that at least 55% of the community was married to a first cousin. This is thought to be linked to the probability that a British Pakistani family is at least 13 times more likely than the general population to have children with recessive genetic disorders.” (Times of India, 17/11 2005 Ban UK Pakistanis from marrying cousins).

Several studies show that children of consanguineous marriages have lower intelligence than children of non-related parents. Research shows that the IQ is 10-16 points lower in children born from related parents and that abilities related to social behavior develops slower in inbred babies:

http://europenews.dk/en/node/34368
Within Islamic beliefs are practices that are destructive to the human race
Without addressing those,change will never come
These lower intelligence kids are the almajiris turned boko haram
They are the same parents that would give their baby girls out in marriage
It is the reason northerners perform poorly in standardized testings
These things are all interwoven
My theory is spot on

Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by mcfarlin(m): 8:08pm On Aug 14, 2014
bukatyne:

God bless you

If they want to marry toddlers, let them marry their age mate. Iam sure if she was forced to marry a 19 or 20yr old farmer, she might not have killed him

If the man marries her only, it would have been bearable. 10yrs later, he will probably throw her out and marry another baby.

I know someone who said his 23yr old wife was too old for him.He was in his 40s and she was the third wife. He got a younger one the next yr.

And their govt say they have problem of divorced women?

Them never start angry

The fucktards will spend their lives defending the rights of men to be polygamous...yet they keep on trampling on the rights of women

The only day I would start supporting these ABOKI's is when they start agitating for womens rights .

Approving polyandry will be a starting point cheesy
bukatyne:

God bless you

If they want to marry toddlers, let them marry their age mate. Iam sure if she was forced to marry a 19 or 20yr old farmer, she might not have killed him

If the man marries her only, it would have been bearable. 10yrs later, he will probably throw her out and marry another baby.

I know someone who said his 23yr old wife was too old for him.He was in his 40s and she was the third wife. He got a younger one the next yr.

And their govt say they have problem of divorced women?

Them never start

The fucktards will spend their lives defending the rights of men to be polygamous...yet they keep on trampling on the rights of women

The only day I would start supporting these ABOKI's is when they start agitating for womens rights .

Approving polyandry will be a starting point angry

Am sure the phuctards will rather die than approve such.

Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by anonimi: 8:09pm On Aug 14, 2014
babyosisi: @ anonimi read this and educate yourself

Thanks for sharing the article and the free education wink

My concern is tagging the problem with Islam ONLY.
Christianity had the same problem in Europe centuries/decades ago.

The reality is that many of the reviled practices of Islam today were ALL practiced by Christian Europe centuries ago.
Christians have evolved but Islam will also evolve in due course.
We need to be conscious of that in our comments.

Salam!
Shalom!!
Peace!!!

Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by Lightening: 8:22pm On Aug 14, 2014
PassingShot:

Even many western countries legally allow girls younger than 14 to marry. All that is required is the consent of a parent or guardian. So, from that context you cannot fault this practice since the consent of the parents were involved too.

And to say that she wouldn't have killed him if she went into it willingly is too bogus and not correct. We have seen many marriages of adults even in the south that ended in tragic just like this one. Only that in those ones we don't talk about age of the victim or the murderer since that is not always a factor.

My point is that she could still have killed him even if she was 35 years who chose to marry the man for many other reasons.

Myopia at work. You are at a great pain defending an abominable practice that has started backfiring. Okay go ahead and take your own infant wife and get poisoned too. Mchewwee

Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by Nobody: 8:25pm On Aug 14, 2014
how many right thinking humans would marry of a 14yr old daugther.

Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by PassingShot(m): 8:35pm On Aug 14, 2014
Lightening:

Myopia at work. You are at a great pain defending an abominable practice that has started backfiring. Okay go ahead and take your own infant wife and get poisoned too. Mchewwee

You're bereft of intellectual ability to understand and make any meaningful contribution to the discourse. If not, you will be able to comprehend the fact that this happens all the time even in our so called advance southern part of Nigeria.

When people who are blessed uptairs are talking, nincompos like you should remain muted.
Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by tintingz(m): 10:38pm On Aug 14, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Stop spreading wrong information. Your source is absolutely useless. Child marriages are NOT practiced in the West.
Lol really? child marriages are not practiced in the west?

Wiki says...

The laws in many countries allow child marriages, that is the marriage of girls and boys less than 18 years of age. The minimum legally approved age of marriage is less than 15 in some countries. Such laws are neither limited to developing countries, nor to state religion. In Europe, for example, Catholic canon law sets 14 as the minimum age for the marriage of girls, [52] as does Spain with a legal guardian's permission. [53] In North America, girls can be legally married at age 15 in Mexico. Canada and many states in the USA permit child marriages, with court's permission .
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_marriage

and the last time I checked a girl of 11 years old gave birth to a child in the west, kids are now having sexx?

Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by tintingz(m): 10:42pm On Aug 14, 2014
PassingShot:

You're bereft of intellectual ability to understand and make any meaningful contribution to the discourse. If not, you will be able to comprehend the fact that this happens all the time even in our so called advance southern part of Nigeria.

When people who are blessed uptairs are talking, nincompos like you should remain muted.
Your posts are making sense. smiley

nice.
Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by PassingShot(m): 10:49pm On Aug 14, 2014
tintingz: Your posts are making sense. smiley

nice.

Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by pickabeau1: 10:51pm On Aug 14, 2014
tintingz: Your posts are making sense. smiley

nice.

What Is your opinion on child marriage

Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by tintingz(m): 10:51pm On Aug 14, 2014
babyosisi: @ anonimi read this and educate yourself

These lower intelligence kids are the almajiris turned boko haram
They are the same parents that would give their baby girls out in marriage
It is the reason northerners perform poorly in standardized testings
These things are all interwoven
My theory is spot on
can you start stating the practices? @ bold
Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by tintingz(m): 11:04pm On Aug 14, 2014
pickabeau1:

What Is your opinion on child marriage

Force marriage - I'm not in support, my religion doesn't allow that.

about child marriage I'm only in support if a girl is "matured" and marry the man of her choice.
Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by tintingz(m): 11:07pm On Aug 14, 2014
PassingShot:

You're welcome. smiley
Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by pickabeau1: 11:09pm On Aug 14, 2014
tintingz:

Force marriage - I'm not in support, my religion doesn't allow that.

about child marriage I'm only in support if a girl is "matured" and marry the man of her choice.

That much is clear..as Islam is clear on this

In this case do you think it is cultural or religious?

Meanwhile where have u been all the while
Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by Nobody: 11:11pm On Aug 14, 2014
It is time to gas all those Northerners practicing pedophile in Nigeria. Please, good people of Nigeria help to support and save the life of this enslaved underage girl!

SAY NO TO CHILD MOLESTATION IN NORTHERN NIGERIA.

Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by light574(m): 11:35pm On Aug 14, 2014
eldoradoxx: My views on this issue may be offensive to some persons but the brutal truth. If a 14yr year old girl everywhere can be mature enough to give consent and have sex and enjoy the show, why not allow them marry than continue raising baby factories everywhere ? You see, even in advanced world 13 is the right age for consent by a girl. So why is our law just as it is in UK and America recognise that a girl can give consent to sex at age 13 (and perhaps free to become a prostitute or baby factory worker from then) but not free to legally marry ? Islam and Christainity have same provisions for marriage, which is age of puberty which is almost the same as the age of consent, so I don't see why this fuse ? But for the instant case, if indeed the girl was forced into the marriage, then we could say that from onset there was no consent and thus, every intercourse should be viewed as rape and the poisoning an act of provocation which should mitigate the offence.

provocation wont hold here, she had tym enough to plan n execute d poisoning...i had pick self defence, viewing poisoning as d only way she (thought) could reasonably escape d repeated unconsented molestations(if proven)
Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by tintingz(m): 11:37pm On Aug 14, 2014
pickabeau1:

That much is clear..as Islam is clear on this

In this case do you think it is cultural or religious?
I don't think it is cultural nor religion, it is purely ignorance.

Tradition changes from generation to generation, people bring new tradition and people abandon some traditional practices.

e.g car driving, watching tv is not part of our tradition but now it is part of us.

Meanwhile where have u been all the while
I'm kinda busy this days, thanks for the concern. smiley
Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by Nobody: 11:41pm On Aug 14, 2014
tintingz: I don't think it is cultural nor religion, it is purely ignorance.

Tradition changes from generation to generation, people bring new tradition and people abandon some traditional practices.

e.g car driving, watching tv is not part of our tradition but now it is part of us.

Prophet Mohammed married a 6 year old who was playing with dolls ,are you calling him ignorant?

Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by pickabeau1: 11:54pm On Aug 14, 2014
tintingz: I don't think it is cultural nor religion, it is purely ignorance.

OK..so what do we think we can do...this acts are still ancient

Islam is clear that d girl must be mature and can make her choice

Do you think that was followed in this case

Good to have u around

Please ignore the bigot..
Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by delishpot: 1:45am On Aug 15, 2014
If this religion so cherish their girl children, why not open a vocational center or school where they can be educated for a token? Or free? Why are they pushing them to be beded by men as a way out of poverty?
I dont get it at all.
All these wahala will end if the girls were educated in vocation or career and then when she turns 18 she can decide if she wants to marry or move on with her education.
Na wa.
I understand if its 18 year old young man marrying a 14 year old ( not that its better o but at least he is young like here and they will both have same mentality )but a man of 35?, him greedy sha. Na virginity all of them dey pursue. Islam and va gay gay goes hand in hand.

Eh if una plan to attack me for my comment**********#IWearBulletProofVestHideUnderBed**************Cant touch this one!
Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by tintingz(m): 5:51am On Aug 15, 2014
pickabeau1:

OK..so what do we think we can do...this acts are still ancient
All what they need is enlightenment and education.

Islam is clear that d girl must be mature and can make her choice

Do you think that was followed in this case
Like have said, people forcing their daughters to marry are ignorant, poor and this is not Islamic.

“And test the orphans [in your charge] until they
reach a marriageable age; then, if you find them to be mature of mind/sound in judgment,
hand over to them their possessions…” (Quran, 4:6)

O You who have chosen to be graced with belief! It is not lawful for you to force women into marrying or holding on to them in marriage against their will. (Quran, 4:19)

^^ this Quran verses said it all.

Good to have u around

Please ignore the bigot..
Lol, I asked her to state the destructive Islam practice have caused to human race like she claimed, she ignored my question.

let me ask her another question, it is good to educate some people on what they don't have knowledge of. smiley
Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by tintingz(m): 6:21am On Aug 15, 2014
babyosisi:

Prophet Mohammed married a 6 year old who was playing with dolls ,are you calling him ignorant?
God in the bible impregnated little Mary can we call that ignorant? and you should know that Joseph is very much older than Mary.

1. Aisha(ra) was betrothed at the age of 6, girls at that age above are matured in those ancient days.

in Western countries marriageable age for girls start from 12 in the past, now we see them celebrating sweet 16 and we see them shifting it to 18. grin

...but we still hear of 11 year old girl that gave birth in the west. grin

2. Aisha never show any sign of sadness, she's happy on the day of her marriage.

Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by pickabeau1: 6:39am On Aug 15, 2014
tintingz: All what they need is enlightenment and education.

Like have said, people forcing their daughters to marry are ignorant, poor and this is not Islamic.

“And test the orphans [in your charge] until they
reach a marriageable age; then, if you find them to be mature of mind/sound in judgment,
hand over to them their possessions…” (Quran, 4:6)

O You who have chosen to be graced with belief! It is not lawful for you to force women into marrying or holding on to them in marriage against their will. (Quran, 4:19)

^^ this Quran verses said it all.

Lol, I asked her to state the destructive Islam practice have caused to human race like she claimed, she ignored my question.

let me ask her another question, it is good to educate some people on what they don't have knowledge of. smiley

Good.... So we agree this practice seems to be contrary to the dictates of the religion

More evidence can be seen in that it is disproportionately foisted on the poor as the rich let their daughters marry when of age.

That is why I asked initially is it religious or cultural

The defenders of these acts plead religion...that's where I get confused

Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by vedaxcool(m): 9:20am On Aug 15, 2014
tintingz: God in the bible impregnated little Mary can we call that ignorant? and you should know that Joseph is very much older than Mary.

1. Aisha(ra) was betrothed at the age of 6, girls at that age above are matured in those ancient days.

in Western countries marriageable age for girls start from 12 in the past, now we see them celebrating sweet 16 and we see them shifting it to 18. grin

2. Aisha never show any sign of sadness, she's happy on the day of her marriage.

Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by dealslip(f): 10:44am On Aug 15, 2014
PassingShot:

Even many western countries legally allow girls younger than 14 to marry. All that is required is the consent of a parent or guardian. So, from that context you cannot fault this practice since the consent of the parents were involved too.

And to say that she wouldn't have killed him if she went into it willingly is too bogus and not correct. We have seen many marriages of adults even in the south that ended in tragic just like this one. Only that in those ones we don't talk about age of the victim or the murderer since that is not always a factor.

My point is that she could still have killed him even if she was 35 years who chose to marry the man for many other reasons.

This is not a matter of some western law but the fact that whether the girls in that part of Nigeria like it or not, by 14 years they must be married. In the West you are talking about, they allow them to marry if they want to be married at 14 and, plus, including with parental consent. In this case, she had no choice or say on the age for her to marry. Her choice was equally limited to three men chosen by her Father. If she had chosen any of the other two men , they will be in the dead man's shoes. come to think of a full grown man's peni.s tearing through her at his first sexual impulse. It is enough to be bitter. I don't support murder though.
Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by dealslip(f): 10:52am On Aug 15, 2014
tintingz: God in the bible impregnated little Mary can we call that ignorant? and you should know that Joseph is very much older than Mary.

Kindly point out the particular verse in the bible where it was recorded that Mary was a little girl when she conceived by the miracle of the Holy Ghost. See God didn't impregnate her like the blasphemy you wrote above. The same God that instituted multiplication of man, in all His great wisdom can by pass the normal process of multiplication because he was the one that invented the natural process in the first place. Don't be blinded by religious sentiment. Read I Cor 7 then you will understand God's marriage timing.
Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by dealslip(f): 10:56am On Aug 15, 2014
delishpot: If this religion so cherish their girl children, why not open a vocational center or school where they can be educated for a token? Or free? Why are they pushing them to be beded by men as a way out of poverty?
I dont get it at all.
All these wahala will end if the girls were educated in vocation or career and then when she turns 18 she can decide if she wants to marry or move on with her education.
Na wa.
I understand if its 18 year old young man marrying a 14 year old ( not that its better o but at least he is young like here and they will both have same mentality )but a man of 35?, him greedy sha. Na virginity all of them dey pursue. Islam and va gay gay goes hand in hand.

Eh if una plan to attack me for my comment**********#IWearBulletProofVestHideUnderBed**************Cant touch this one!

Don't mind them, the girls eventually get VVF, they then abandon them and still blame Jonathan for the backwardness in their state. Dangote's daughter got married at the age of 18 years, he is a northerner and a muslim. Same goes for IBB's daughter at almost 30 years.

Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by PassingShot(m): 11:10am On Aug 15, 2014
dealslip:

This is not a matter of some western law but the fact that whether the girls in that part of Nigeria like it or not, by 14 years they must be married. In the West you are talking about, they allow them to marry if they want to be married at 14 and, plus, including with parental consent. In this case, she had no choice or say on the age for her to marry. Her choice was equally limited to three men chosen by her Father. If she had chosen any of the other two men , they will be in the dead man's shoes. come to think of a full grown man's peni.s tearing through her at his first sexual impulse. It is enough to be bitter. I don't support murder though.

You're right but what do you think is the way out?

Surely the problem is not only with the parents.
Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by PassingShot(m): 11:19am On Aug 15, 2014
pickabeau1:

Good.... So we agree this practice seems to be contrary to the dictates of the religion

More evidence can be seen in that it is disproportionately foisted on the poor as the rich let their daughters marry when of age.

That is why I asked initially is it religious or cultural

The defenders of these acts plead religion...that's where I get confused

It will be ignorance to associate this to religion only. I saw this live and direct in Agagbe, a remote village in Benue where they're predominantly Christians.

Islam hasn't specified a particular age for marriage and clearly states that the consent of the girl in question is a must before she can be married.
Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by iswallker(m): 11:28am On Aug 15, 2014
gerrardomendes: What is my business?

.ftc sha

in your dream bah...yimu.. wink
Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by pickabeau1: 11:35am On Aug 15, 2014
PassingShot:

It will be ignorance to associate this to religion only. I saw this live and direct in Agagbe, a remote village in Benue where they're predominantly Christians.

Islam hasn't specified a particular age for marriage and clearly states that the consent of the girl in question is a must before she can be married.

I agreed with this.

I am saying proponents of child mariage claim it is allowed religiously

Thats why my first question was this: Is this a cultural or religious issue

CCT Trial: Saraki Arrives Tribunal With only Two Senators / ₦10tn Spent On Refineries Yet They Don’t Work, They’re Better Off Sold - Oyedele / Son Of Governor Arrested For Slapping A Colonel

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85