Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,296 members, 7,815,518 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge (15974 Views)

CJN Unhappy Over Conflicting Decisions By Appeal Court Divisions / Boko-Haram Claims Victory Over Nigerian Army In New Video / I ‘ve Video Evidence On Murder Of Abacha, Abiola – Al-mustapha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by DukeNija(m): 10:23am On Aug 14, 2014
ItsAaliyah:

Thank you for this comment.

I just can't get over the fact that a full blooded male man will look at babies of 13 and 14 and actually get boners?! shocked

The stuppid fuc..ker deserved to die. If the police really need to arrest anyone, arrest the girl's parents.
They deserve life imprisonment. angry

The police should also arrest almost 20million other parents who practice such, or better still arrest their barbaric culture.
Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by buJu234: 10:28am On Aug 14, 2014
Northern Nigeria is a zoo and animalistic kingdom.
72 virgins paradise paradox
Suicide bomber
Poverty
Oligarchy
Child marriage
Divorce women at 25yrs
Zero contribution to GDP
Etc etc....

Plz those guys have different ideology from the southern nigeria. .

Maybe boko haram re right because the northern nigeria dont practice the secular nigeria constitution but the Islamic code of life so they deserve their own country.

Don't you think soo?
Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by DecemberIV: 10:37am On Aug 14, 2014
iiichidodo: This should be counted as self defence as taking custody of a minor without its consent for whatever purposes is tantamount to kidnapping....Child kidnapping.

Stop embarrassing your brain. A minor is defined as "a person under the age of full legal responsibility" which makes it mandatory for a minor to be under the responsibility of her parents who willingly gave out that responsibility to another adult.
Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by thewarrior72: 10:38am On Aug 14, 2014
INFO70:

It is a pity for this girl be a victim of silly tradition.

Rather, silly Religion. "islam" kiss
Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by DecemberIV: 10:40am On Aug 14, 2014
9ja4Change:

[size=18pt]Which GEJ's fresh air of education? Is the the numerous strikes by ASUU or the more than 10 months strike by polytechnics and CoE (the highest in the history of 9ja)[/size]
Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by Nobody: 10:44am On Aug 14, 2014
PassingShot:

Even many western countries legally allow girls younger than 14 to marry. All that is required is the consent of a parent or guardian. So, from that context you cannot fault this practice since the consent of the parents were involved too.

Really? I think that this is a lie. Name these countries.

And to say that she wouldn't have killed him if she went into it willingly is too bogus and not correct. We have seen many marriages of adults even in the south that ended in tragic just like this one. Only that in those ones we don't talk about age of the victim or the murderer since that is not always a factor.

The fact that murder also takes place in marriages between two adults does not justify forced marriages and even less forced marriages in which a child is involved.

My point is that she could still have killed him even if she was 35 years who chose to marry the man for many other reasons.

Does it justify the fact that a child was married off to a man 21 years older?
Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by DecemberIV: 10:48am On Aug 14, 2014
babyosisi:

As much as 76% of girls in many areas of northern Nigeria are married by age 14 according to some stats
Keep comparing yourself to people light years away from you
The girls are prevented from going to school
Stop telling these silly lies
Muslim senators were arguing for child marriage and here you are talking about schools
When a sitting senator married a 14 year old whose mates were in JSS where were you?

I can assure you 99.99%i of girls in the west are not married and in middle or high school
Definitely not so at your end

Stop speaking like an illiterate. Which statistics? Instead of you to stop your girls from spreading their legs for 60 year old men and selling their babies in baby factories you are here sermonizing and hypocritically castigating a region morally higher than your cannibalistic and ritualistic corner of the world.

Was it not your King in the west that raped_ a youth corper 35 years younger than him?

http://allafrica.com/stories/201203200801.html?mstac=0

Let the people sort themselves out and you sort yourselves out before we hear of another Ooni raping_ school children in one of your ritual houses. Rubbish!

2 Likes

Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by Nobody: 10:51am On Aug 14, 2014
tintingz: both Federal and state government should build schools to the villages in the north.

if schools is built in does villages child marriage will reduce, not all part of the north give out their daughters are the age of 14, it is only in the village where this practice is still a norm, mostly the poor people.

and child marriage is not only a practice in Muslim countries it is also a practice in the western world.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_marriage

Stop spreading wrong information. Your source is absolutely useless. Child marriages are NOT practiced in the West.
Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by iiichidodo: 10:58am On Aug 14, 2014
DecemberIV:

Stop embarrassing your brain. A minor is defined as "a person under the age of full legal responsibility" which makes it mandatory for a minor to be under the responsibility of her parents who willingly gave out that responsibility to another adult.
Yes but against the minor's will is a violation of her fundamental human rights and reckless endangerement on the part of her guardians thus any act perpetrated by her to gain back her freedom from kidnapping or basic rights is called self defence....

1 Like

Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by Nobody: 10:59am On Aug 14, 2014
lynpetra: Why can't she just wait at night to cut off her husband s balls off.In as much as they claimed she choose her husband, is there really anything a girl - child in some part of the North do other than expose their untouched hymen to old men

To poison him was very nice of her. Cutting off his balls would do more justice.

1 Like

Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by DecemberIV: 11:02am On Aug 14, 2014
iiichidodo: Yes but against the minor's will is a violation of her fundamental human rights and reckless endangerement on the part of her guardians thus any act perpetrated by her to gain back her freedom from kidnapping or basic rights is called self defence....

Again, you shot yourself in the foot. There is no kidnapping to get back freedom from. Check the definition of a minor again and examine parental responsibilities. If she had loved him, we would not be here discussing this. That is the crux of the matter.
Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by PassingShot(m): 11:06am On Aug 14, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Really? I think that this is a lie. Name these countries.

Google is your friend.

carefreewannabe:
The fact that murder also takes place in marriages between two adults does not justify forced marriages and even less forced marriages in which a child is involved.

You've concluded it was a forced marriage already but I don't have enough evidence to believe same. If you've been to a remote village in the north you will understand my position. I served in a village in Benue state and I was dumbfounded with what I saw - things I wouldn't have believed ordinarily. So let the lawyers argue their cases.

carefreewannabe:
Does it justify the fact that a child was married off to a man 21 years older?

Believe it or not, in their world it is the norm. I don't support it and will never support it but what do you get from a community with no means of education? The boys only know about farming and all those stuff and the girls get married off once puberty sets in.
Having seen things live and direct, I cannot believe it was a forced marriage until proven so.

2 Likes

Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by PassingShot(m): 11:13am On Aug 14, 2014
ItsAaliyah:

WTF? undecided

Do you think if her father actually forced her into the marriage, he'll confess it to the public?!

Her parents should be jailed and flogged for the rest of their pathetic lives. angry
Who the fu..ck marries off a 14 year old baby to a 35 year old good for nothing loser?

You're only reacting on emotions and it's normal.
To clear your doubt, take a trip to any of those remote villages in the North and see things for yourself.

We are talking of villages that are practically "living in another planet" from ours. No any form of connection with the outside world except when issues like this one come out. No electricity, no water, no telephone connection, no industries, no motorable roads, etc. The only thing known to them is subsistence farming and petty trading. The girls usually get married at teenage years and you're here shouting wtf?

1 Like

Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by johnahmed: 11:20am On Aug 14, 2014
Mass failure for 2014 WAEC Result.Forupgrading/any Help/ Call_08105470307
Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by goddison(m): 11:35am On Aug 14, 2014
killing is not the best way to justifies your point.she could have runaway instead of killing the man.
Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by iiichidodo: 11:43am On Aug 14, 2014
DecemberIV:

Again, you shot yourself in the foot. There is no kidnapping to get back freedom from. Check the definition of a minor again and examine parental responsibilities. If she had loved him, we would not be here discussing this. That is the crux of the matter.
But she hadn't loved him and so there was an 'unwillingness' to be forced into marriage,innit? That unwillingness to be carted off into the custody of another individual which in the long term could lead to severe injury on the minor is called child kidnapping......Killing your kidnapper is termed self defence.
Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by BodyKiss(m): 11:46am On Aug 14, 2014
gerrardomendes: What is my business?

.ftc sha

Kids, devaluing nairaland since 2012. *hisses*
Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by PassingShot(m): 11:57am On Aug 14, 2014
thewarrior72:

Rather, silly Religion. "islam" kiss

Will you ever use your God-given brain?
Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by Kennyfancy(m): 12:23pm On Aug 14, 2014
in balotelli vioce--y always(problem) the north
Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by shegeblend(m): 12:39pm On Aug 14, 2014
I want to use this medium to congratulates my colleagues popularly called (AJU AyA) for the journey so far as it is not easy i must say. AS student life is the best anytime any day. Now during your service year, it is better and a very good thing to starts researching on how to starts a brand new thing, what new innovation to lay your hands upon? where will this idea be located? and when to starts a brand new thing. Not untill after your service at all you will be thinking of how to provides answers to those questions. he who failed to plan will find it tough to make an head way, write your visibility study required to implement your new idea while you are still in the service. After your service just go ahead to carry out your proposed plans. by this you will employs many of your colleaques and eventually reduces the level of unemployment in our country.

(Modify) (Quote) (Report)
Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by thewarrior72: 12:42pm On Aug 14, 2014
PassingShot:

Will you ever use your God-given brain?
As in in what naa?.

We all know the problem bedeviling the northern region is "Islam", liberate them from Islamic bondage & watch them develop like the south
Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by Silensa(m): 1:05pm On Aug 14, 2014
"Our girls don't go to modern school because we don't have one, not even a primary school," the 44-year-old said. "Once our girls reach the age of 14 we marry them off... What do we keep them at home for?"

Am sure that there is federal allocations that goes to these northern states. My question is ''what is the money used for''?

Someone somewhere is clamoring for me to vote a northerner for presidency so that he can turn Nigeria into one of his northern zone

SMH
Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by akpanbaba: 1:18pm On Aug 14, 2014
The problem with Islam is that.if they are not bombing one place or the other ,they are giving underage girls to old men for marriage .SMH

1 Like

Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by obi123: 1:42pm On Aug 14, 2014
babyosisi:

Which govt
Federal or state
Looking for someone to blame
Even with schools,how many attend?
This is 2014 not 1714
The ones in Lagos or Aba don't attend the schools available to them either
Child marriage is all over the Muslim world,has nothing to do with availability of schools
They will actually pull the kids out of school to marry them off
Until you are sincere with yourselves this ill will not end

May your way never be narrow, i think after this your comment the thread should be closed, even if the equivalent of Harrow was built in that community , how many will go?how many of them think a girl child needs to be educated? how many of them believe that a girl child has a brain and that maybe just maybe she can do more than just having kids endlessly for old toothless, useless, dirty, perverted, stinky old pedophiles ,carcasses ,useless ,men

1 Like

Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by Shadeolad(f): 2:00pm On Aug 14, 2014
[/color]Of course he also married a child bride now. Married his first wife when she was in ss2. She was my senior in secondary school.she was pulled out of school to marry him. But I think it was with her consent cos she was excited and was always shouting his name about in d hostel.
anonimi: And this is all happening right under the nose of the [color=#990000]highly educated, former CBN governor now installed Emir of Kano

[color=#006600][/color]

1 Like

Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by anonimi: 2:04pm On Aug 14, 2014
Shadeolad: Of course he also married a child bride now. Married his first wife when she was in ss2. She was my senior in secondary school.she was pulled out of school to marry him. But I think it was with her consent cos she was excited and was always shouting his name about in d hostel.

You don't mean this, do you
I mean how old is a SS2 girl?
So ex-CBN Governor, Emir Sanusi has a harem full of small girls as wives also shocked

2 Likes

Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by Nobody: 2:07pm On Aug 14, 2014
PassingShot:

Google is your friend.

First of all, it is your job to prove the points you are making and not mine. Secondly, I used google to check on it and I was confirmed that your assertion was wrong.

You've concluded it was a forced marriage already but I don't have enough evidence to believe same. If you've been to a remote village in the north you will understand my position. I served in a village in Benue state and I was dumbfounded with what I saw - things I wouldn't have believed ordinarily. So let the lawyers argue their cases.

I am convinced that it was a forced marriage and I would give a life sentence to her dumb parents.

Believe it or not, in their world it is the norm. I don't support it and will never support it but what do you get from a community with no means of education? The boys only know about farming and all those stuff and the girls get married off once puberty sets in.
Having seen things live and direct, I cannot believe it was a forced marriage until proven so.

I don't care what their norms are. There are reasons why these people are so backward and I am convinced that many of their traditions are responsible for the plight in this part of the country.

It is enough for me to know that a CHILD POISONED PEOPLE to UNDERSTAND that she grows up in an evil and hostile environment. I don't care what you believe, it is enough for me to know that a TEENAGER, whose breasts have not fully developed, was married to a 35 year old bastard to pronounce her INNOCENT.

Let her parents rot in jail.
Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by bukatyne(f): 2:31pm On Aug 14, 2014
PassingShot:

Even many western countries legally allow girls younger than 14 to marry. All that is required is the consent of a parent or guardian. So, from that context you cannot fault this practice since the consent of the parents were involved too.

And to say that she wouldn't have killed him if she went into it willingly is too bogus and not correct. We have seen many marriages of adults even in the south that ended in tragic just like this one. Only that in those ones we don't talk about age of the victim or the murderer since that is not always a factor.

My point is that she could still have killed him even if she was 35 years who chose to marry the man for many other reasons.

Can you please back this up with proofs?
Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by Nobody: 2:36pm On Aug 14, 2014
bukatyne:

Can you please back this up with proofs?

I asked the same question. He told me google was my friend.

I used google and google told me that children do NOT marry in Western countries.
Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by bukatyne(f): 2:42pm On Aug 14, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I asked the same question. He told me google was my friend.

I used google and google told me that children do NOT marry in Western countries.

Maybe Saudi & Agfanistan grin
Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by Nobody: 2:46pm On Aug 14, 2014
bukatyne:

Maybe Saudi & Agfanistan grin

My ignorance I did not know they were part of what is called the West wink
Re: Deep Divisions Over Nigerian Child Bride On Murder Charge by PassingShot(m): 2:54pm On Aug 14, 2014
carefreewannabe:

First of all, it is your job to prove the points you are making and not mine. Secondly, I used google to check on it and I was confirmed that your assertion was wrong.

I am convinced that it was a forced marriage and I would give a life sentence to her dumb parents.

I don't care what their norms are. There are reasons why these people are so backward and I am convinced that many of their traditions are responsible for the plight in this part of the country.

It is enough for me to know that a CHILD POISONED PEOPLE to UNDERSTAND that she grows up in an evil and hostile environment. I don't care what you believe, it is enough for me to know that a TEENAGER, whose breasts have not fully developed, was married to a 35 year old bastard to pronounce her INNOCENT.

Let her parents rot in jail.

Check this wikipedia link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marriageable_age. Though not below 14 years but many European countries allow girls younger than 18 to marry older men with parental consent.

If you agreed that it is the norm in the community they live, how would you still call it a forced marriage?

Is it not possible that the poor girl may have poisoned her husband for other reasons other than the "forced marriage" thing?

And if you would put her parents in jail for marrying her off, you will definitely need to put thousands or even millions of such parents in jail because the fact remains that the practice is rampant in that part of Nigeria.

Dealing with this case is applying "cosmetic surgery" on a situation that requires tackling from the root/source. Those communities and the dwellers need re-orientation, education and civilization. Without providing these, we are on a long thing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Don’t Use Us As Bait - ASUU Warns Other Staff Unions / Zamfara Bandits Abduct 35, Kill 10 After Pocketing ₦15m Peace Levy / Top 25 On-site Registered Participants For Cop28 In Dubai

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.