Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,032 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

ICAN November Diet 2014 (new Syllabus) - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / ICAN November Diet 2014 (new Syllabus) (99210 Views)

ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here / FREE ACCA Past Questions For ICAN New Syllabus Exam / How Was Last ICAN November Diet? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ICAN November Diet 2014 (new Syllabus) by CapitalK(f): 10:11am On Sep 18, 2014
boofydon: So i'm the only one that wants to write the knowledge stage diet abi? Make all of una dey hide o. Mstcheew

Are you talking about Ican or ACCA? And if Ican, what stage is it according to the new syllabus?
Re: ICAN November Diet 2014 (new Syllabus) by boofydon: 12:15pm On Sep 18, 2014
CapitalK:

Are you talking about Ican or ACCA? And if Ican, what stage is it according to the new syllabus?
talking of ican. Foundation/knowledge stage na
Re: ICAN November Diet 2014 (new Syllabus) by heryor2(m): 1:18pm On Sep 18, 2014
chibuoyimm:
@ Oye123 tenks a lot.
I've forwarded same to those dat requested for it.

pls I need u to send the material to me for MGE and Perf. mgt . P1 and F7. thanks oyedokunayooluwa@yahoo. com
Re: ICAN November Diet 2014 (new Syllabus) by CapitalK(f): 2:21pm On Sep 18, 2014
boofydon: talking of ican. Foundation/knowledge stage na

Ok then. We are in the same shoes. My ginja to read is beginning to die down. How far have you gone with the new syllabus?
Re: ICAN November Diet 2014 (new Syllabus) by boofydon: 7:55pm On Sep 18, 2014
CapitalK:

Ok then. We are in the same shoes. My ginja to read is beginning to die down. How far have you gone with the new syllabus?
lol! I ought to sanction u for not indicating since. Lets talk via phone. I've sent u a pm
Re: ICAN November Diet 2014 (new Syllabus) by CapitalK(f): 9:06pm On Sep 18, 2014
boofydon: lol! I ought to sanction u for not indicating since. Lets talk via phone. I've sent u a pm

I don reply o! Lol
Re: ICAN November Diet 2014 (new Syllabus) by boofydon: 9:36pm On Sep 18, 2014
CapitalK:

I don reply o! Lol

cheesy sha send me the carton of chivita u promised cheesy
Re: ICAN November Diet 2014 (new Syllabus) by CapitalK(f): 9:51pm On Sep 18, 2014
boofydon:
cheesy sha send me the carton of chivita u promised cheesy

U did not even say 1 chivita. Me that if anybody decides to dash me 1 nutri-c now, I will grab it with both hands.
Re: ICAN November Diet 2014 (new Syllabus) by fweshmind: 10:27pm On Sep 18, 2014
boofydon: talking of ican. Foundation/knowledge stage na
hii...do you av d study pack for quantitative technique...i wouldnt mind if u cud tell me aw to get it...thanks
Re: ICAN November Diet 2014 (new Syllabus) by boofydon: 11:11pm On Sep 18, 2014
fweshmind: hii...do you av d study pack for quantitative technique...i wouldnt mind if u cud tell me aw to get it...thanks
I'm a graduate of Statistics, so will take an exemption from quantitative technique
Re: ICAN November Diet 2014 (new Syllabus) by Gcurlz: 11:30pm On Sep 18, 2014
whizqueen:

I dunno for them oh, thats a very big neglience on the part of those committe in charge of publicatn of material. Who can sue them for their carefree attitude? They dnt evn care about students preparatn atall instead of giving us packs they are telling us to register for exam dat we aint prepared for. Goddey sha

Hi Whizqueen, kindly share share me the materials u have pls... jerry.nnebue@gmail.com
Re: ICAN November Diet 2014 (new Syllabus) by Gcurlz: 11:32pm On Sep 18, 2014
Please can anyone share me materials for financial reporting, performance mgt, public sector accountng and governance and ethics?? pls pls pls... cry cry cry cry cry... jerry.nnebue@gmail.com
Re: ICAN November Diet 2014 (new Syllabus) by Kossyne(m): 10:21pm On Sep 19, 2014
Givemejoy: I beg you guys please help with the materials....... Pleaaaaaaassssssssssseeeee.esrherfunmilayo.salami@gmail.com

Lol. Send me a mail @ kossynerule@yahoo.com. I ll send you the ones I have.
Re: ICAN November Diet 2014 (new Syllabus) by fweshmind: 11:02pm On Sep 19, 2014
boofydon: I'm a graduate of Statistics, so will take an exemption from quantitative technique
ummh...studied economics myself...d exemptions seemed like a waste of money dats why i opted out..my search continues though
Re: ICAN November Diet 2014 (new Syllabus) by Emeka71(m): 3:45am On Sep 20, 2014
Kossyne:

That's very thoughtful of you, just like the proverbial "killing two birds with a stone". Consolildation is always a big challenge for candidates and it appears more technical than the Acct Ratios which is more of cramming formulae and churning out calculatings, though the analysis part can be quite tricky but certainly not on par with the technicality of consolidation.

For the standards, scenario questions(which doesn't involve Prep of Fin Statements) which involves two or more standards can be asked. Its all good sha. God strong pass them!!
and don't forget that there is no financial ratio without current ratio, quick-ratio and inventory ratio. also, don't you ever neglect cash budget (MA). Statament of cash flow (IFRS 7)
Re: ICAN November Diet 2014 (new Syllabus) by boofydon: 6:43am On Sep 20, 2014
fweshmind:
ummh...studied economics myself...d exemptions seemed like a waste of money dats why i opted out..my search continues though
yea 17k
Re: ICAN November Diet 2014 (new Syllabus) by whizqueen(f): 4:35pm On Sep 20, 2014
Kossyne:

Well Scenario based questions requires one to apply the knowledge of two or more standards to provide solution to a problem. It tests the extent to which one can employ the requirements of relevent standards to solve Accounting problems.it may require you to perform little computations and entries before making your comments. You may or may not be told the applicable standard. Get the F7 revision kit for more info.
Ok, thanks. Then wat will be the definition for discussive papers like MGE cos it seems we would be asked more of sceneriao questns in that course and we would be requires to assume the position of a Director of a quoted comany. BTW wat are u using to read Strategic Mgmt? That aspect of MGE seems Extremely boring to me mehn...
The acctng standards in FR are jes too much oh, i hope one wnt forget them in exam hall wen tension has risen to the peak. And the course itsef (FR) is consuming lots of time too. I hope evryone has prepared a well structured time table for reading so u wont neglect the so-called 'smaller courses' in the bid of preparing for the Bigfish. Is it the old PSAF txtbook you ar using to read PSAF? That course ehn... I jes wan start am oh! Goddey sha.
Re: ICAN November Diet 2014 (new Syllabus) by bk2020: 7:46pm On Sep 20, 2014
Wen lecturers board u with materials..pls learn to do sieving cos nt everytn is relevant. Most lecturers like shown skills forgetting dt there is no tym..and drs no so much to read. if I was lecturer in one d tuition houses I will b straight n direct and look for basic stuffs required alone
Re: ICAN November Diet 2014 (new Syllabus) by Kossyne(m): 10:57pm On Sep 20, 2014
Emeka71: and don't forget that there is no financial ratio without current ratio, quick-ratio and inventory ratio. also, don't you ever neglect cash budget (MA). Statament of cash flow (IFRS 7)

Emeka, there's no cash budget in the new syllabus.Pls be guided. Ratios will always be the choice of candidates in exams and examiners know this so more marks will "likely" be alloted to comments on the ratios rather than the calculations. Numbers are meaningless if they can't be used for analysis.
Re: ICAN November Diet 2014 (new Syllabus) by Kossyne(m): 11:39pm On Sep 20, 2014
whizqueen:
Ok, thanks. Then wat will be the definition for discussive papers like MGE cos it seems we would be asked more of sceneriao questns in that course and we would be requires to assume the position of a Director of a quoted comany. BTW wat are u using to read Strategic Mgmt? That aspect of MGE seems Extremely boring to me mehn...
The acctng standards in FR are jes too much oh, i hope one wnt forget them in exam hall wen tension has risen to the peak. And the course itsef (FR) is consuming lots of time too. I hope evryone has prepared a well structured time table for reading so u wont neglect the so-called 'smaller courses' in the bid of preparing for the Bigfish. Is it the old PSAF txtbook you ar using to read PSAF? That course ehn... I jes wan start am oh! Goddey sha.

Whizzy, I don't know what you mean by "definition" of MGE. Anyway, judging from the syllabus, MGE questions will be Scenario based to a large extent and as you know, there are many correct answers to those questions, answers will be based purely on judgement but that doesn't mean that there are no wrong answers.

For the strategic management, to be honest with you, I am yet to see it anywhere, though I haven't bothered to look, still reading the ones in the BPP pack. I will be glad if you tell me the text you are using for it.

Yes, the standards are just too much, but I believe that just reading the standards for reading sake is not enough. Constant practice is needed for retention.

There are no big fish or small fish as far as this exam is concerned, just that some courses require more time than others. Proper allocation of time and resources is of utmost importance.

I am using R.A Adams for PSAF. It roughly covers 50% of the syllabus. Still looking for a better material though.

My biggest mistake is waiting for ICAN packs, I should have started reading earlier.
Re: ICAN November Diet 2014 (new Syllabus) by whizqueen(f): 8:04am On Sep 21, 2014
Kossyne:

Whizzy, I don't know what you mean by "definition" of MGE. Anyway, judging from the syllabus, MGE questions will be Scenario based to a large extent and as you know, there are many correct answers to those questions, answers will be based purely on judgement but that doesn't mean that there are no wrong answers.

For the strategic management, to be honest with you, I am yet to see it anywhere, though I haven't bothered to look, still reading the ones in the BPP pack. I will be glad if you tell me the text you are using for it.

Yes, the standards are just too much, but I believe that just reading the standards for reading sake is not enough. Constant practice is needed for retention.

There are no big fish or small fish as far as this exam is concerned, just that some courses require more time than others. Proper allocation of time and resources is of utmost importance.

I am using R.A Adams for PSAF. It roughly covers 50% of the syllabus. Still looking for a better material though.

My biggest mistake is waiting for ICAN packs, I should have started reading earlier.

Issokay. No material yet persay for strategic mgmt that have seen so far. But am using my tutorial note and one 'prepared' pack by the tutorial centre for that aspect of the course.
I have that R.A Adams text book but its the former PSAF study pack am using. Wich one do u think is better or preferable.
We must pass this diet atall costs o... Did i hear sumone say 57days to go.
Re: ICAN November Diet 2014 (new Syllabus) by whizqueen(f): 8:11am On Sep 21, 2014
Kossyne:

Emeka, there's no cash budget in the new syllabus.Pls be guided. Ratios will always be the choice of candidates in exams and examiners know this so more marks will "likely" be alloted to comments on the ratios rather than the calculations. Numbers are meaningless if they can't be used for analysis.

Are u serious abt this? No cash budget again in P.M? This people for tutorial just they waste pesin time ooh! Chai
Exactly knowing the calculations alone for Ratios can give jes about 10-20% of the marks alloted. Its the analysis, interpretation and the kind of advice u will give to the organizations in the situation that will fetch more marks. And besides this interpretion in P.M and F.R will b completely different from eachother.
Re: ICAN November Diet 2014 (new Syllabus) by Kossyne(m): 11:33am On Sep 21, 2014
whizqueen:

Are u serious abt this? No cash budget again in P.M? This people for tutorial just they waste pesin time ooh! Chai
Exactly knowing the calculations alone for Ratios can give jes about 10-20% of the marks alloted. Its the analysis, interpretation and the kind of advice u will give to the organizations in the situation that will fetch more marks. And besides this interpretion in P.M and F.R will b completely different from eachother.

If you don't have a copy of the syllabus, I will advise you to get one. Don't let anybody deceive you. The part of Budgetary Control sys covered by the PM syllabus are the alternative approaches to Budgeting/Budgeting Techiques. They include Incremental budgeting,ZBB,Activity Based and Rolling Budgets.Activity Based is the only one that has calculations in it.
Re: ICAN November Diet 2014 (new Syllabus) by Kossyne(m): 11:59am On Sep 21, 2014
whizqueen:

Issokay. No material yet persay for strategic mgmt that have seen so far. But am using my tutorial note and one 'prepared' pack by the tutorial centre for that aspect of the course.
I have that R.A Adams text book but its the former PSAF study pack am using. Wich one do u think is better or preferable.
We must pass this diet atall costs o... Did i hear sumone say 57days to go.

I don't wanna be bothered about that Strategic mgt, I want to focus on the things I can do with the resources within my reach. If ICAN eventually releases their pack,then I might read it, if not, then that one na story for the gods.

By former PSAF, I don't know if you mean the soft copy or the hard one, though as far as I am concerned both are still the current pack since we are yet to see the new one. I ve gone through the three and I ll say despite the inadequacies of R. A Adams, I wil choose it over the hard copy. The soft copy on the other hand covered certain areas like Government contract/Capital Investment appraisal using CBA and CEA, Uses of Annual budget, budget cycle,Loss of Public Sector fund, Role of Public Sector in the Economy etc not covered by R.A Adams.

I printed the past questions on PSAF from May 2011 diet to May 2014 diet. Some of the question are contained in the syllabus but not covered by either of these books.

Please stop counting it, make person no get cardiac arrest o. God dey sha!
Re: ICAN November Diet 2014 (new Syllabus) by whizqueen(f): 1:20pm On Sep 21, 2014
Kossyne:

If you don't have a copy of the syllabus, I will advise you to get one. Don't let anybody deceive you. The part of Budgetary Control sys covered by the PM syllabus are the alternative approaches to Budgeting/Budgeting Techiques. They include Incremental budgeting,ZBB,Activity Based and Rolling Budgets.Activity Based is the only one that has calculations in it.

I have the syllabus and i confirmed what you just said dis morning. You are so on point. Thanks for telling us dou.
Re: ICAN November Diet 2014 (new Syllabus) by whizqueen(f): 1:26pm On Sep 21, 2014
Kossyne:

I don't wanna be bothered about that Strategic mgt, I want to focus on the things I can do with the resources within my reach. If ICAN eventually releases their pack,then I might read it, if not, then that one na story for the gods.

By former PSAF, I don't know if you mean the soft copy or the hard one, though as far as I am concerned both are still the current pack since we are yet to see the new one. I ve gone through the three and I ll say despite the inadequacies of R. A Adams, I wil choose it over the hard copy. The soft copy on the other hand covered certain areas like Government contract/Capital Investment appraisal using CBA and CEA, Uses of Annual budget, budget cycle,Loss of Public Sector fund, Role of Public Sector in the Economy etc not covered by R.A Adams.

I printed the past questions on PSAF from May 2011 diet to May 2014 diet. Some of the question are contained in the syllabus but not covered by either of these books.

Please stop counting it, make person no get cardiac arrest o. God dey sha!

Its the soft copy am using and combining it with R.A Adams too. I'll try and download the pathfinder questns for previous diets and apply them to th applicable course.
Lol, am counting it for people that have forgotten that examz is here alrdy and also reminding myself that there is no more time. Why ICAN go give person attack nah. Lol
Re: ICAN November Diet 2014 (new Syllabus) by Mathicks(m): 4:44pm On Sep 21, 2014
Please, could someone forward materials on Performance Management, Financial Reporting, PSAF, and management, governance & ethics? Skills level... Plssssss... I'll be verry grateful..!!! Pls ericarthur15@rocketmail.com
Re: ICAN November Diet 2014 (new Syllabus) by opemotunrayo: 5:40pm On Sep 21, 2014
Hi guys, please I need materials on case study for professional stage,please my email ad is motun321@ yahoo.com.would really appreciate any help I get.Thanks
Re: ICAN November Diet 2014 (new Syllabus) by Kossyne(m): 6:16pm On Sep 21, 2014
whizqueen:

Its the soft copy am using and combining it with R.A Adams too. I'll try and download the pathfinder questns for previous diets and apply them to th applicable course.
Lol, am counting it for people that have forgotten that examz is here alrdy and also reminding myself that there is no more time. Why ICAN go give person attack nah. Lol

Well, good for you, seems you ve got it all covered. Its good to keep reminding ourselves how close the exam is. Hmmn!. At least there's a good side to the syllabus, its more of a study guide. Its specific in the competencies you are expected to exhibit and the knowledge to apply using question verbs like. Calculate, advise, Explain, identify,present etc. It helps me focus my reading on purely what we ll be tested on.

How far have you gone with PM, If ICAN decides to raise the standard of their question to be @ par with ACCA's, then I feel sorry for those who depend entirely on Adeniji.
Re: ICAN November Diet 2014 (new Syllabus) by Kossyne(m): 6:19pm On Sep 21, 2014
whizqueen:
I have the syllabus and i confirmed what you just said dis morning. You are so on point. Thanks for telling us dou.

You're welcome. That's what this thread is for.
Re: ICAN November Diet 2014 (new Syllabus) by whizqueen(f): 9:09am On Sep 22, 2014
Kossyne:

Well, good for you, seems you ve got it all covered. Its good to keep reminding ourselves how close the exam is. Hmmn!. At least there's a good side to the syllabus, its more of a study guide. Its specific in the competencies you are expected to exhibit and the knowledge to apply using question verbs like. Calculate, advise, Explain, identify,present etc. It helps me focus my reading on purely what we ll be tested on.

How far have you gone with PM, If ICAN decides to raise the standard of their question to be @ par with ACCA's, then I feel sorry for those who depend entirely on Adeniji.

Yeah... The syllabus has its own good sides to. But i jes hope dey dnt deviate from wat was expressly stated in the syllabus cos dat will be a distaster.
Mehn. I pray dey dnt make it ACCA standard oh because their questns is nt just technical its also time consuming and requires lotta tinking. The Adeniyi text is not good enough wen it comes to technicality. PM is a course dat shouldnt b taken as a joke atall its so bulky too. I av nt really covered much on it for nw cos am still attending tutorial class n my class is full tym so there is less time for personal preparation. Bt am gonna stop by month end rergardless of hw far we av gone in tutorial.
Re: ICAN November Diet 2014 (new Syllabus) by Kossyne(m): 12:24pm On Sep 22, 2014
whizqueen:

Yeah... The syllabus has its own good sides to. But i jes hope dey dnt deviate from wat was expressly stated in the syllabus cos dat will be a distaster.
Mehn. I pray dey dnt make it ACCA standard oh because their questns is nt just technical its also time consuming and requires lotta tinking. The Adeniyi text is not good enough wen it comes to technicality. PM is a course dat shouldnt b taken as a joke atall its so bulky too. I av nt really covered much on it for nw cos am still attending tutorial class n my class is full tym so there is less time for personal preparation. Bt am gonna stop by month end rergardless of hw far we av gone in tutorial.

Wow, full time tutorial. That must have cost a lot of money. Well anything that will ensure that one passes this exam is worth it. Mehn!..MGE can be so boring to read. I am using BBP study text but it didn't cover strategic management and that's my major area of concern. I don't know the text to use for it, Can you suggest one for me?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply)

I Earn £50 As A Naked Cleaner - British Lady / Professions Whose Graduates Get Jobs Easily In Nigeria / Top Ten Professional Exams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.