Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,714 members, 7,824,027 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK (93757 Views)

Benson Idahosa And Bishop David Oyedepo Pictured Together / The Actual Declaration Of Bishop David Oyedepo. / Bishop David Oyedepo Dancing Azonto (PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by redsun(m): 12:07pm On Aug 16, 2014
Amelian:

because most nigerians , wherever they are all over the world, want the quickest route to wealth. without going thru due process of planning, hardwork, diligence, dedication and team work. Miracle money is somewhere waiting for gullible nigerians to go and receive, gbam!..somewhere..
And poverty with desperation still reeks everywhere...smmhh.

You are right.Pure greed to reap where they didn't sow.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by Prymestrr(m): 12:09pm On Aug 16, 2014
mount1ng: Can I ask one simple question, why do we cast stone on our own? Have ever heard a muslim casting stone on their own? Are we saying there is no fraud and deceit in other religion? Do you see it published. You will not, they protect their own.
No matter how much we judge them, God has the final say concerning them.
"Let he without sin cast the first stone"
" If you fail in one you've failed in all"
[size=14pt] sorry dude... U r already lost n unlike the parable of the lost sheep, no one is coming back for you [/size]

5 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by polarman(m): 12:09pm On Aug 16, 2014
Mrcdorv: Advance Yahoo Ministries(AYM)

More of Advanced YAhoo Ministries (AYAM)

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by tenry(m): 12:19pm On Aug 16, 2014
People will question all the good thing they hear about you but believe all the bad without a second thought. Let's be careful.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by agabusta: 12:19pm On Aug 16, 2014
opeyemi2013: "while over 2 million african kids need just 15cents to buy malaria vaccines, africa's bishop oyedepo hoards 4 private jets ; $30m each." "warren buffett a humanitarian worth $50bn still flies commercial airlines while africa's bishop oyedepo hoards 4 private jets." "Hard-working citizens who work 9-5hrs have nothing to show for it, while pastors like oyedepo sell biblical fables once a week and purchase $20m jets."

Malaria does not have vaccine.

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by ewizard1: 12:19pm On Aug 16, 2014
Eyop:
Well is their own choice to call them "DADDY". wives call husbands DADDY and Husbands calls wives MUMMY so will that one also annoy you or does it also mean that dem no sabi papa and mama again?
Wives calling their husband DADDY is Understandable, and what it means IMO is the the Husband is the new father (one who has to take care) of the wife.

So how Pastors own wan come be?

2 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by Prymestrr(m): 12:20pm On Aug 16, 2014
yunisco: U better get wisdom now b4 u end like sodom and Gomorah
The world is already a present day sodom n Gomorah... The news flash is that u live in it!!!

2 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by Nobody: 12:22pm On Aug 16, 2014
shocked shocked shocked wow

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by Degis(m): 12:38pm On Aug 16, 2014
Please, can anyone help with the website of the UK Charity Commission where this news emanated from?

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by Prymestrr(m): 12:41pm On Aug 16, 2014
embarassed It's a sad pathetic world we live in.

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by Prymestrr(m): 12:41pm On Aug 16, 2014
damosky12: You dont speak against the annointing and not struggle through life.. Mind your mouths folks!
See ur life
I will bet my last kobo on earth ur DADDY/PAPA told u that.
Yeye deh smell tru tru!

3 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by penny01502: 12:47pm On Aug 16, 2014
since religion has influence our minds, and blind our eyes from truth and reality of life, its really difficult to say somthing in a case like this

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by VirginFinder: 12:48pm On Aug 16, 2014
There are many lunatics, idddiots, morrrons, nuisances, bastards and satanic wretchs on this thread.

Who forced you to attend any church or give your 10 kobo?

Mind your business!

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by Obi1kenobi(m): 12:53pm On Aug 16, 2014
Many Nigerians are not diligent givers of tithe and offerings because they're charitable philantropists. Throughout school, I knew incredibly stingy pentecostals who wouldn't offer you a dime but never miss out on paying their tithe. Many of them do so cos pastors drum it into their little heads that it's the only way to success, and that they'll reap a bountiful harvest by generously sowing into the ministry. They aren't driven by their love of their God and their neighbour - many are simply driven by the greed of reaping a rich "harvest". Africans are milked by religious frauds, not because they're the holiest, most pious, most compassionate, most benevolent or most generous people - it's because they're the most desperate people to get rich quickly through bullsh.it promises from their fraud pastors. And because they're the most uneducated, religious-mad people on earth. Even a professor can be made to look illiterate by his con man pastor.

If you must give out your hard earned money, there are millions of people around you worthy of your charity. Stop enriching the pockets of frauds who ride private jets.

10 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by IdiAmin2(m): 1:00pm On Aug 16, 2014
damosky12:
my dear, go and read about these people. Bill Gates for instance became loaded with the Bible at the tender age of 12 when his grand mum whom he grew up with compelled him to do so, He knows the annointing very well, he could'nt have made the impact he made without it. Warren Buffet's father was a very devoted Christian from whom Buffet must have learnt. Get your facts right. These People even give to GOD more than the give to the poor. Strive Masiyiwa, owner of Econet and one of the richest in Africa has been a devoted Chritian b4 he became that big. He gave to God all His life. He is a sponsor of the Gospel to many nations up till now. Dont be decieved.

when Margaret Sanger, the founder of planned parenthood did a research and came to the conclusion that black people are genetically less intelligent, this comment above is the proof that she is right

4 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by back2sender: 1:02pm On Aug 16, 2014
valuedammy: Church bussiness is a very good bussiness 2 invest on, as a muslim if I have money I will build a church and hire a good pastor to manage it then we would share the proceeds from it together in percentage.
Gbam. Well said
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by buJu234: 1:05pm On Aug 16, 2014
Who is the fool is it the pastor twisting the Bible 4 his financial aims or the church members that refused to search the Bible that freely available to them?

Any time my church pastor talks about money. . I just tell him to show it to me in the new testament if he can then I will give if not he should better forget because I cant b deceive because I study the Bible and I knw what he says about giving

2 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by kaydada: 1:12pm On Aug 16, 2014
People must always talk. I For one, even though I do not have a source to quote at this time, I can vehemently state that this news is not true. That been said, the people that decided to pay their tithes and offerings, were they coerced into doing so? Was a Gun put to their heads before they paid their offerings and tithes? Were they told by the pastors in charge that they were going to invest the money for them in some venture where they have stakes in? Had they not paid their taxes to the Government before willingly parting ways with their own money to the church?.... Then why should you be taking panadol for their headaches?

Everyone is entitled to decide how they want to spend their money. If I'm more comfortable giving 'My Money- the one I worked for, one which Your contribution is void', to the church than spending my money at the clubs or on other things I may not be drawn to, should I be crucified for that?

Lets learn to focus on what's Important. Enough said.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by Tallestt(f): 1:18pm On Aug 16, 2014
opeyemi2013: "while over 2 million african kids need just 15cents to buy malaria vaccines, africa's bishop oyedepo hoards 4 private jets ; $30m each." "warren buffett a humanitarian worth $50bn still flies commercial airlines while africa's bishop oyedepo hoards 4 private jets." "Hard-working citizens who work 9-5hrs have nothing to show for it, while pastors like oyedepo sell biblical fables once a week and purchase $20m jets."
u no c d skul wey him get? Poor man pikin no fit attend dat skul bcoz yy, d money too much. Instead make him dey make tins like eg.education, shelter n food afordable for d poor, him own na to sell n collect money take fly private jet. Daris God in everytin we do. Daris God ooooooo

3 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by Obi1kenobi(m): 1:20pm On Aug 16, 2014
kaydada: People must always talk. I For one, even though I do not have a source to quote at this time, I can vehemently state that this news is not true. That been said, the people that decided to pay their tithes and offerings, were they coarsed into doing so? Was a Gun put to their heads before they paid their offerings and tithes? Were they told by the pastors in charge that they were going to invest the money for them in some venture where they have stakes in? Had they not paid their taxes to the Government before willingly parting ways with their own money to the church?.... Then why should you be taking panadol for their headaches?

Everyone is entitled to decide how they want to spent their money. If I'm more comfortable giving 'My Money- the one I worked for, one which Your contribution is void', to the church than spending my money at the clubs or on other things I may not be drawn to, should I be crucified for that?

Lets learn to focus on what's Important. Enough said.
The people givng out their money are not the ones under scrutiny. The scam artist pastors who violate the integrity and ethics of charitable religious institutions by turning them to private business enterprises are the people under scrutiny.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by mount1ng(m): 1:23pm On Aug 16, 2014
shikaan: u are stu.pid.... id.iot sinciere people expose evil... muslim or christian
You are insulting me? Do you know me? If you see me in person do think you have to the guts to insult me? I really see the generation you belong. You can write whatever you like, I bet you if u see me in person u will apologise. My father did not teach me to insult people. But you, I sorry for the ones that comes after you. Change your ways or else, it will course you a lot. God bless you.
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by pedel: 1:23pm On Aug 16, 2014
Bishop Oyedepo was refused entry into the Uk not because he has committed any crime. This is not the first time a man of God was refused entry into the UK. Benny Hinn was refused entry into the UK in 2009.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/6257116/Christian-preacher-refused-entry-to-Britain-under-rules-intended-to-fight-extremism.html

Bishop Oyedepo has a C-Visit visa into the UK which barred him from paid employment or recourse to public fund. Bishop Oyedepo's ministry has ongoing conference in Dartford, UK, the publicity of which may have caused the Home Office to issue the restriction.
He has been traveling to the UK since since the late 70s/early 80s.

The only thing Bishop Oyedepo has to do is to convince the home office that he is not violating the condition of his visa. I believe this will be sorted in no time.
Many of the people here doesn't know how UK Border Agency work. They can refuse anyone entry into UK at their discretion; particularly if they perceive that your presence in the UK may cause unrest.

Also in 2009 UKBA introduced a points-based immigration system where a minister of religion needs a certificate of Sponsor before they can conduct religious service in UK. Winners Chapel UK probaly need a licence as a registered sponsor to be able to invite Bishop Oyedepo to preach in UK.

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Points-based_immigration_system_%28United_Kingdom%29#Sponsors[/url]

Bishop Oyedepo is the founder of World Mission Agency in Nigeria. World Mission Agency UK/ Winners Chapel Internationational is a separate entity in the UK and Bishop Oyedepo is not listed as a Director. I dont see how Charity Commission or UK Border Agency would accuse him of violating the condition of his visa. There is a posibility of enquiry into the affairs of Winners's Chapel in UK by the charity commission, which is normal.

Bishop Oyedepo is not employed by the Charity neither is he a director in Winners Chaapel UK. His Son, David Jnr who is the resident pastor of Winners Chapel UK is not even listed as a Director of the Organisation:

http://companycheck.co.uk/company/06994834/WORLD-MISSION-AGENCY---WINNERS-CHAPEL-INTERNATIONAL/directors-secretaries#people-summary

Bishop Oyedepo's Winners Chapel in UK has £3,583,761 in Cash; £11,640,647 Net Worth, £4,194,569 Assets and £598,617 liability.
http://companycheck.co.uk/company/06994834/WORLD-MISSION-AGENCY---WINNERS-CHAPEL-INTERNATIONAL

Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel is opening one of the best private School in UK this September. Kingdom Heritage Model School in Dartford, Kent http://www.khms.org.uk/

Bishop Oyedepo's Ministry employs over 15,000 people world wide. You can do the maths how many people are connected with his organization for feeding.

The circular from the UK Border Agency did not state the reason why he was restricted from entering UK. So before you start taking Paracetamol for Oyedepo's headache write a letter to the Home Office to get your facts right.

It is only in Nigeria that you see people who have not built anything or achieve anything with their lives trying to tear down someone who has made a mark that can never be erased.

I am not connected to Oyedepo in anyway. I dont give money to his church but I recognise greatness whenever I see it because I understand the dynamics of what it takes to make news.

It is funny how someone will subscribe to MTN for 100 naira daily 10MB browsing bandwidth and be wasting their time discussing someone who is between number 1 to 3 in the country in his chosen profession. The funny thing is that Oyedepo wont read this news; He is busy making news.

This is my first post since registering in 2009, quoting and insulting me wont have any effect. I understand the way average nairaland use their brain.

11 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by Acidosis(m): 1:40pm On Aug 16, 2014
pedel: Bishop Oyedepo was refused entry into the Uk not because he has committed any crime. This is not the first time a man of God was refused entry into the UK. Benny Hinn was refused entry into the UK in 2009.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/6257116/Christian-preacher-refused-entry-to-Britain-under-rules-intended-to-fight-extremism.html
Bishop Oyedepo has a C-Visit visa into the UK which barred him from paid employment or recourse to public fund. Bishop Oyedepo's ministry has ongoing conference in Dartford, UK, the publicity of which may have caused the Home Office to issue the restriction.
The only thing Bishop Oyedepo has to do is to convince the home office that he is not violating the condition of his visa. I believe this will be sorted in no time.
Many of the people here doesn't know how UK Border Agency work. They can refuse anyone entry into UK at their discretion; particularly if they perceive that your presence in the UK may cause unrest.
Bishop Oyedepo is the founder of World Mission Agency in Nigeria. World Mission Agency UK/ Winners Chapel Internationational is a separate entity in the UK and Bishop Oyedepo is not listed as a Director. I dont see how Charity Commission or UK Border Agency would accuse him of violating the condition of his visa. There is a posibility of enquiry into the affairs of Winners's Chapel in UK by the charity commission, which is normal.
Bishop Oyedepo is not employed by the Charity neither is he a director in Winners Chaapel UK. His Son, David Jnr who is the resident pastor of Winners Chapel UK is not even listed as a Director of the Organisation:
http://companycheck.co.uk/company/06994834/WORLD-MISSION-AGENCY---WINNERS-CHAPEL-INTERNATIONAL/directors-secretaries#people-summary
Bishop Oyedepo's Winners Chapel in UK has £3,583,761 in Cash; £11,640,647 Net Worth, £4,194,569 Assets and £598,617 liability.
http://companycheck.co.uk/company/06994834/WORLD-MISSION-AGENCY---WINNERS-CHAPEL-INTERNATIONAL
Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel is opening one of the best private School in UK this September. Kingdom Heritage Model School in Dartford, Kent http://www.khms.org.uk/
Bishop Oyedepo's Ministry employs over 15,000 people world wide. You can do the maths how many people are connected with his organization for feeding.
The circular from the UK Border Agency did not state the reason why he was restricted from entering UK. So before you start taking Paracetamol for Oyedepo's headache write a letter to the Home Office to get your facts right.
It is only in Nigeria that you see people who have not built anything or achieve anything with their lives trying to tear down someone who has made a mark that can never be erased.
I am not connected to Oyedepo in anyway. I dont give money to his church but I recognise greatness whenever I see it because I understand the dynamics of what it takes to make news.
It is funny how someone will subscribe to MTN for 100 naira daily 10MB browsing bandwidth and be wasting their time discussing someone who is between number 1 to 3 in the country in his chosen profession. The funny thing is that Oyedepo wont read this news; He is busy making news.
This is my first post since registering in 2009, quoting and insulting me wont have any effect. I understand the way average nairaland use their brain.

One of the best post I've ever read on Nairaland.

If we all follow and digest everything we read on nairaland, it would be difficult to separate the wise men from lunatics.
This analysis is awesome.

Op's post is soo shallow; so difficult to comprehend. It takes a lunatic to believe that trash.

4 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by vareal(m): 1:40pm On Aug 16, 2014
Touch nt my anointed ND do my prophet no harm
pls dnt draw course to ursef cos of him. Let God judge. After all he did nt force them to giv. Given to d church or a man of God is
biblical. The problem with us is that wen we giv, we still go ahead to monito wit d person did wit d gift.too bad
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by pedel: 1:57pm On Aug 16, 2014
Acidosis:

One of the best post I've ever read on Nairaland.

If we all follow and digest everything we read on nairaland, it would be difficult to separate the wise men from lunatics.
This analysis is awesome.

Op's post is soo shallow; so difficult to comprehend. It takes a lunatic to believe that trash.

The new UKBA Points-based system requires preachers and minister of religion to get a permit before the can preach in UK. This was the reason Benny Hinn was not allowed to enter UK. Carrying a UK C- visit Visa is not enough if you are coming into UK to preach; You need something like a work permit.

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Points-based_immigration_system_%28United_Kingdom%29#Sponsors[/url]

UKBA circular to the airlines was released early last week and their conference started on the 13th and ended this morning. The Church had no time to file application for his permit or register for licence as a sponsor. This is my opinion. I am not representing Winners' Chapel, WMA or Oyedepo.

If Oyedepo was not coming to perform/preach at the conference I am sure he would have been allowed entry.

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by Nobody: 1:58pm On Aug 16, 2014
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by Nobody: 1:58pm On Aug 16, 2014
speeshlez
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by Prymestrr(m): 2:05pm On Aug 16, 2014
Uteghe: UK has made a grave mistake by persecuting Bishop. All these is a reaction to his anti-gay stance.
Wtf! For the sake of respect from one human being to the other, I'll take your show of poor level of reason as a publicity stunt.

1 Like

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by Obi1kenobi(m): 2:11pm On Aug 16, 2014
pedel: Bishop Oyedepo was refused entry into the Uk not because he has committed any crime. This is not the first time a man of God was refused entry into the UK. Benny Hinn was refused entry into the UK in 2009.

Also in 2009 UKBA introduced a points-based immigration system where a minister of religion needs a certificate of Sponsor before they can conduct religious service in UK. Winners Chapel UK probaly need a licence as a registered sponsor to be able to invite Bishop Oyedepo to preach in UK.

You just speculated a load of crap. You do not know why he was refused entry. You just offered your own conjecture with pointless links. Insulting people about 100 Naira bandwidth just makes you look stupid.

And the greatest mark Oyedepo has made is siphoning money from the pockets of impoverished people who remain in the cycle of poverty while their "daddy" laughs off in his private jet. I respect the mark of people like Bill Gates who created and profited from a product from their intellect and make cutting edge developments that impact human civilization. I have little respect for pastorpreneurs who fleece their gullible flock and use a religious institution as an avenue to self-enrichment. They're little different from the rotten politicians who cruise around in money stolen from the public. Infact, they're close friends and roll in the same circles with such people.

13 Likes

Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by AHOY147: 2:13pm On Aug 16, 2014
Mrcdorv: Advance Yahoo Ministries(AYM)
be careful with ur words
Re: Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK by uzoexcel(m): 2:21pm On Aug 16, 2014
stop this foolish talk
vareal: Touch nt my anointed ND do my prophet no harm
pls dnt draw course to ursef cos of him. Let God judge. After all he did nt force them to giv. Given to d church or a man of God is
biblical. The problem with us is that wen we giv, we still go ahead to monito wit d person did wit d gift.too bad

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

"How Can One Witness To A Jehovah's Witness?" / "80-Year-Old 'Witch' Trapped On Electric Pole On Her Way Back" - Online User / Days Of Praise (3) — The Doctrine of Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.