Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

Akudaya:myth Or Reality? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Akudaya:myth Or Reality? (65957 Views)

Is Money Ritual A Myth Or True? / Mammy Water: Myth Or Reality? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by Empiree: 11:27pm On Nov 15, 2014
Adek15:
then how come he even sired children.. I really wanna know more from Islamic perspective pls
I dont think anyone confirms this. Until then, it's no no. Maybe he watched too much scary yoruba movies grin

@ kelechiMarie, you made fp. You happy grin ?

angelo82,
How can you send this Jins and others away from your sphere?......
that's 1 million dollar qnst. I do not know because i dont commnicate with them. Only narrated a story. Thats my position

victorazy,
Story for the gods!
That's why I said "una no dey worship the almighty God"
No wonder God says "don't worship the gods in havean or earth and those under the earth.
We now they exist but we don't care about them cuz they are liars and unhuman.
You certainly dont get it.

wellmax,
I believe modesty is what's being communicated here. Sure those things are capable of seeing you even with cover. Get the point?. Either, cover is still barier btw them and man

Generalkorex,
i don dey fear you o. Am doubting if you are a man like me or a jinn or a rawaniya
grin

justcome99,
abeg empire continue
i wish i can

1 Like

Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by adeowo84(m): 11:29pm On Nov 15, 2014
it has happen around where i was living in ibadan in d 90s...we never know dis man was akudaya until wen i came back from school and was told dat d man had gone

1 Like

Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Nov 15, 2014
op come to Akure in ondo state i will show u d house build by akudqya,the house is in front of my sister shop., come let me show u will be terify.
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by Mintayo(m): 11:38pm On Nov 15, 2014
If you have seen an akudaya before,you have not seen the person that died,you have seen a demon.
If someone died, d person stays dead,its demons that tries to play with the mind of some insensitive people.
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by mujiboy(m): 11:46pm On Nov 15, 2014
sleemoon:

For wiki
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jinn
U still never believe? Den watch dis video on YouTube... Pls mk sure you don't watch it alone and not in the night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6nWmvwS8XI
. sleemoon how fr.. you dey enjoy this thread.. I dey enjoy the story.. the empree own... I still dey wait for more self smiley
sleemoon:

For wiki
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jinn
U still never believe? Den watch dis video on YouTube... Pls mk sure you don't watch it alone and not in the night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6nWmvwS8XI
. sleemoon how fr.. you dey enjoy this thread.. I dey enjoy the story.. the empree own... I still dey wait for more self

1 Like

Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by Larow(m): 12:05am On Nov 16, 2014
Na Sickler be Akudaya o. SS genotype lo n jebe.
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by justcome99(f): 12:06am On Nov 16, 2014
[color=#990000][/color]
mujiboy:
. sleemoon how fr.. you dey enjoy this thread.. I dey enjoy the story.. the empree own... I still dey wait for more self smiley. sleemoon how fr.. you dey enjoy this thread.. I dey enjoy the story.. the empree own... I still dey wait for more self
abeg empire continue
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by Truckpusher(m): 12:33am On Nov 16, 2014
kevoh:

Which woman gets married in Africa (Nigeria) without getting to know the parents of his/her spouse? No marriage introduction ceremony! Nothing! This part has been stylishly dodged in the story to make it sound credible.

Previous versions that I heard did not have the phone part, probably that was before the arrival of GSM to Nigeria. Very soon they will add skyping, pinging e.t.c to the story.

White guy was probably laughing within him on how funny and ridiculous the jinn story sounds but kept silent about it out of respect for your religion.
When cities started springing up in Nigeria healthy young men were migrating in search of jobs into distant region those days in the 70s and 80s, a lot of people got married that way.
Though the story is a little bit conflicting.

1 Like

Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by Kizito2nv(m): 12:35am On Nov 16, 2014
its funy how how u disprov akudaya theory even wen facts ar presentd callin dem demons i too hav experincd mine i wil giv u adress and u can cum and make personal equiry a man died here in umulogho obowo lga imo state was taken to d mortuary d said dead man was spotd closed to d market buyin beer wen d seller couldnt get his empty botle bak he askd questions wt descrptions he was directd to d mortuary wher empty bottls were seen literd at st maria goreti hospital d vilage was shaken by d story although d said dead man was a drunk so i dnt knw how u expect me to beliv ur jin theory nd call dis demons personaly i beliv ur jinns ar d demons

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by kelechiMarie(f): 1:58am On Nov 16, 2014
Empiree:
I dont think anyone confirms this. Until then, it's no no. Maybe he watched too much scary yoruba movies grin

angelo82,
that's 1 million dollar qnst. I do not know because i dont commnicate with them. Only narrated a story. Thats my position

victorazy, You certainly dont get it.

wellmax,

Generalkorex, grin

justcome99, i wish i can
I'm happy cheesy I never thought it will make fp tho

2 Likes

Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by NobleG1(m): 2:21am On Nov 16, 2014
kelechiMarie:
So i was listening to a radio show yesterday afternoon and the topic was on the existence of akudaya(dont know if there's an english word for it).It basically means a person who is dead but still continues living or is sighted by people in a location different from the one they lived while they were alive.A lot of people expressed belief in it and even gave their own experiences while others dismissed it as mere myth or fallacy.

I've heard a lot of these stories from my mum and other people and also heard of cases where the deceased had sex with or had children with a living being and I've always wondered about the credibilty of such stories
So,dear friends what stories have you heard?In your opinion does akudaya exist and if you believe in its existence,have you had any personal encounters or experiences? Feel free to share

P.S:I don't know if this is the right section to post this,so if it isn't mods please help move it to the right section

It's a big Myth. There's no proof of it. Anyone can claim to have seen something and that's not a proof. We all know how our eyes and mind can play games on us sometimes.
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by odave: 2:27am On Nov 16, 2014
Empiree:

angelo82,

victorazy, You certainly dont get it.

wellmax,

Generalkorex, grin

justcome99, i wish i can

Empiree
una. Wan scare me? Well I have something to discuss with you. I hope you won't scare me more. grin 07030964620 talk2holunow@yahoo.com. I'd like you to hook me up asap
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by Empiree: 2:40am On Nov 16, 2014
hun, no scary intended. Just narration of what i read and know practically. i dont live in your area so i may not be able to call or discuss beyond this thread or NL. Sorry
odave:

Empiree
una. Wan scare me? Well I have something to discuss with you. I hope you won't scare me more. grin I'd like you to hook me up asap
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by Nobody: 2:43am On Nov 16, 2014
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by odave: 2:44am On Nov 16, 2014
Diabolic thread..b uh I gained a lil sha undecided
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by odave: 2:48am On Nov 16, 2014
Empiree:
hun, no scary intended. Just narration of what i read and know practically. i dont live in your area so i may not be able to call or discuss beyond this thread or NL. Sorry

Ooops, you dodge me...not even a mail?
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by amiskurie(m): 2:50am On Nov 16, 2014
macof:

grin grin this one don run mad
Just shut up and read if you dont know poo.atleast your assertion are baseless.
He backed his with thousands yrs old Quran verses.

2 Likes

Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by Empiree: 3:09am On Nov 16, 2014
odave:

Ooops, you dodge me...not even a mail?
i may try that. Am not just a type that exchanges email. But rest assure that i am not dodging you.
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by iamord(m): 3:10am On Nov 16, 2014
MightySparrow:
If it is real, do we have examples in American, China, Saudi, etc
Watch discovery and zone reality channel. I have heard a few stories in romania uk france mexico etc.. folklore vary from locations. Just like warewolfs are a western phenomenon . But I can say 90 percent of them are real. Its time to remove religion aside and study the happenings around us and tradition. It provides a deeper understanding.
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by iamord(m): 3:14am On Nov 16, 2014
Empiree:

Jinns speak any language in the environment they are. I dont think it's appropriate to call them spirit. The word is too loose. Angels are called spirit. Human soul is also called. It's safe to call them "supernatural beings" in the sense that we cant see them. They live longer than human beings. Some of them live as low as 2000yrs old. Some live longer. They live among human in their own planet(Sammawat). That is, different dimension of space and time.
I am sorry there is no way i can describe this without a bit of religious sentiment. So please pardon me. Qur'an says that 1000 yrs is 1 day with God, 50yrs is one day with God etc. This means different sammwat(planet is close definition). Their planet is within the human earth. I wish i can explain better. There is a Yoruba movie titled "Aiye Tuntun"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAdn40JKM9c . The movie gives a clue about sammawat. So Jinns live among us but in their own sammawat where we cant see them. I tried to explain this.

I have said it times without number that our earth is hollow and has another race living within .all religions and traditions can assert to this
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by iamord(m): 3:19am On Nov 16, 2014
kelechiMarie:
okay so they take on the appearance of dead relatives right? BUT CAN THEY HAVE CHILDREN WITH HUMANS?

I don't agree all of them are jinns tho. The experience my mum had when she gave birth to my eldest bro was no joke. and the real person !!. He is mixing arab tradition which will gett things distorted. Although I learnt some things from him
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by iamord(m): 3:26am On Nov 16, 2014
Mintayo:
If you have seen an akudaya before,you have not seen the person that died,you have seen a demon.
If someone died, d person stays dead,its demons that tries to play with the mind of some insensitive people.

Big lie. Its not all the time.. That's the same way u will tag aliens as demons.. This universe is very big..don't think you are the only normal person. There are plenty races and civilizations
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by Nobody: 3:34am On Nov 16, 2014
Myth? YES
Reality? YES

myth cos i have not seen any AKUDAYA in my life

reality cos i have seen someone married to one ...this lady came for spiritual help that was how i got to know...

Here is her story...

A guy from abeokuta was commercial driver and had accident and died and was buried in abeokuta leaving a wife and a kid behind only to start living in abidjan as commercial driver and had accident and died but he got married to an ejigbo girl with 3 kids in a space of 7 yrs or so...his body was brought to abeokuta by d union but it was rejected by his mother who showed them d previous grave...but when she saw d pics she fainted or so according to d ivorian wife. The body was returned to ivory coast....d worst was that he paid school fees ....
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by Shankboye(m): 3:47am On Nov 16, 2014
macof:

Ilorin is a slave camp, a place for cursed bastards and confused people

When I talk Yoruba, a mean pure Yoruba devoid Islamic nonsense
really? lipsrsealed
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by ummitoagirl(f): 3:54am On Nov 16, 2014
Empiree:
i may try that. Am not just a type that exchanges email. But rest assure that i am not dodging you.

I was enjoying your story jare....why did you stop?
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by lonelydora: 4:03am On Nov 16, 2014
I don't believe in it but i have heard stories shaa.
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by Konjour(m): 4:08am On Nov 16, 2014
MightySparrow:

Any truth that is not universal truth cannot be true. Everything obeys the rule even spiritual things and spirits that why spiritual things are similar. As a scientist I believe not in sectional truth, this is the reason black equals lack. We give more credits to reason than reality.

Science is not the be-all and the end-all of life. I'm a nautical scientist but I know there are things that Science cannot prove or disprove totally because like everything there is, science also has its own flaws.

About the universality of beliefs about spirits, dead people coming back to life, incarnation et al, I can boldly tell you, based on my travels and insight, that Africans are probably the 6th or 7th people on my list of the spookiest supernatural theorists ever. The Indians, Chinese, Japanese, Arabs, Australians, and even the Celts are among some of the people that top the list for me.

Here's one: In China, it is illegal to be reincarnated without due permission given by the government. Go figure.

My take on topics such as this, where science has no clue whatsoever, especially in areas where there's no clear cut explanation as such is that we'll never understand everything about life itself, but IF you believe that the Devil/Satan can 'happen', then there's nothing else that can't happen.

1 Like

Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by gbadexy(m): 4:40am On Nov 16, 2014
macof:

grin dude enough with this abeg. There ain't no Jin if it doesn't exist outside Islam
I jst need to know if there are equivalent of this spirits in other cultures
They actually exist outside Islam. This further gives credence to the religion for me.
I've been opportuned to interact with an elder some years back and what is called Aje in yoruba is the one who possess these jins that carry out their wish.
There are three types and the white ones which are the good types are the ones ifa worshippers use for divination including most of these white garment churches and alfas that do so.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by Horllamideh(m): 4:48am On Nov 16, 2014
macof:

Lol Alujonu isn't Yoruba. Probably jst Yoruba corruption of the original Arab name

Such spirits don't exist in Yoruba

And frankly I don't think they exist outside Islam
Alamu gidi ni eh,if spirits don't exists in yoruba....What are d explanations for Egbere,Emere,Iwin and dia kind??,are they also derived arabically??
Re: Akudaya:myth Or Reality? by daryoor(m): 4:49am On Nov 16, 2014
Empiree:

Jinns speak any language in the environment they are. I dont think it's appropriate to call them spirit. The word is too loose. Angels are called spirit. Human soul is also called. It's safe to call them "supernatural beings" in the sense that we cant see them. They live longer than human beings. Some of them live as low as 2000yrs old. Some live longer. They live among human in their own planet(Sammawat). That is, different dimension of space and time.
I am sorry there is no way i can describe this without a bit of religious sentiment. So please pardon me. Qur'an says that 1000 yrs is 1 day with God, 50yrs is one day with God etc. This means different sammwat(planet is close definition). Their planet is within the human earth. I wish i can explain better. There is a Yoruba movie titled "Aiye Tuntun"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAdn40JKM9c . The movie gives a clue about sammawat. So Jinns live among us but in their own sammawat where we cant see them. I tried to explain this.

if they are in their own world then what are they looking for in my dirty bathroom, a person living is someone elses bathroom shouldnt even be capable of impersonating talk less of amassing wealth as someone else narrated in her story. if out worlds are parallel why cant i also go to live their dirty bathroom?

even in the bible just like the quran it is said that death is final. but samuel was summoned from his tomb, he answered and it didnt sound like a demon, if u think its easy to impersonate take my form for 12hours and see how my whole family will freak out and you are human let not even consider a jinn . and if jinns live for thousands of years i guess they should over populated outnumbering us a thousand to one why dont we then have millions of them in the akudaya business.

my point: the story doesn't add up

my conclusion: nobody has an understanding of whats going on, not the quran or bible or imam or pastor, nobody...yet.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

One Word For This Pastor. Picture. / Muslim Woman Decorates Hayap, CAN Chairman’s House With Christmas Tree In Kaduna / The Wedding Gown Worn By A Lord's Chosen Bride (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.