Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,747 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

Things Stopping Single Ladies From Meeting The Right Partner - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Things Stopping Single Ladies From Meeting The Right Partner (11104 Views)

7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 / 8 Excuses Smart Guys Give In Order To Dismiss Ladies From Asking Money / Meeting The Right Person At The Wrong Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things Stopping Single Ladies From Meeting The Right Partner by acidtalk: 4:32pm On Aug 17, 2014
Ladies, it is very understanding how you get pressured to settle down and find a man to get married to by family members, friends, colleagues and associates.

Never be deceived, even men too are under immense pressure but most guys easily waive off such a discussion by giving excuses of work pressure, trying to build a career and even in most times claiming how most ladies out there are gold diggers. When deep inside them they know they have no gold to be dug and are desperately also searching for their dream woman.

NOTE: This is not a gender bashing thread and will appreciate if both sexes don't go about hauling blames at each other but rather suggest positive ways to contribute aside what will be listed below.

THINGS STOPPING SINGLE LADIES FROM MEETING A RIGHT PARTNER.

* ALWAYS IN THE MIDST OF FRIENDS: The earlier ladies realize that their always being in the midst of friends is playing a major role in not meeting that mr right the better. From Cinemas, Malls, Saloon, Buffet, Art exhibition, Weddings, and other events, some ladies do not just know how to attend alone. More often than not, a man who sees the woman he likes and intends approaching her but sees her in the company of fellow females will have a rethink for fear of getting embarrassed or made jest of.

Sisters, learn to go to the Cinema, Mall, and other gatherings ALONE. It increases your chances of getting suitors as most guys equally go to these same places all alone with the intention of hooking up with a soul mate. Try it this week and come back with your feedback.

* DRESSING WILD: Most ladies don't know when to draw the line between dressing sexy and dressing trashy. Showing more than 3inches curve of cleavages has surely gone over board in showing cleavages. Excess makeup, heavily tinted hair, fixing eye lashes longer and thicker than bunch of broom, skirt 5inches above your knee caps, jumper tops revealing your mid region, excessively tight tops and pants are all turn offs to guys. Don't get me wrong, you will certainly get more approaches than normal dressed days but don't be deceived most if not all men who come along are only for games and nothing serious. No one will ever accept to buy a sweet whose wrapper is off, except of course the shop owner is offering you such sweet for free. Even at that you will accept it with caution.

* ALWAYS WEARING A MEAN LOOK: For crying out loud no one said you should be walking smiling and waving to the light poles and bill boards on the road but please cut off that mean looking facial appearance. We all have issues bothering us so why make it seem like mother nature handed over to you the problems of the whole 7 billion people on earth. No one gets attracted to a sad face not to talk of wanting to have a saddist on a date or a girl friend. Always try to free the muscles on your face, smile more when you have a chat with people. Above all, always drop your baggage of worries at your door mat before leaving home. You can decide to pick it up when you get back home but please stop taking it along with you, it is ruining your chances of men being encouraged to approach you.

* PUTTING ON A WEDDING RING EVEN WHILE SINGLE: Okay! Ladies STOP this nonsense. Enough of you ruining your future and putting the blames on your village people. Can I even suggest something, Fashion ring or otherwise, can you avoid putting any sort of ring on those two fingers (sure you all know the fingers I am referring to). By putting big fashion rings or small bands on those fingers, men tend to think women are hiding their wedding or engagement ring, or have possibly misplaced their ring and only using that as a temporary identity to their marriage or engaged status.

Please Note: Not all fashion accessories are to our advantage. Some work against us.

* PLAYING HARD TO GET IS NOW ARCHAIC: ladies if you haven't heard this before please TAKE NOTE AND HEAR IT TODAY - PLAYING HARD TO GET IS NOW OLD SCHOOL AND WAY OVER OUR GENERATION.

I usually tell this to everyone who cares to know, A man/woman knows if they will eventually date you within 10-30minutes after their first serious discussion with you. They only need one or two more dates to confirm their earlier decision. Anything more than 3 dates and with no positive or negative feedback is now a waste of time.

Once you aren't looking for a jobless, irresponsible, gold digger, or student, have it at the back of your mind that an average serious minded guy values his time in every facet of his life (including looking for a life partner).

in today's world, men will pick 99times over a 100 Money instead of Woman and as such considers it a whole waste of time chasing a lady when if he channels same energy in trying to make money, his life will be way better.

Copyright (c) 2014 - 3060.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things Stopping Single Ladies From Meeting The Right Partner by Nobody: 4:41pm On Aug 17, 2014
The above looks like good advice to them ladies & men as well, but some people don't react well to elements of truth, it being bitter & all that. grin sorry to deviate, hw u take knw say na 7 billion pple earth? undecided

1 Like

Re: Things Stopping Single Ladies From Meeting The Right Partner by acidtalk: 4:41pm On Aug 17, 2014
UN and World statistical board came up with that statistics in 2012. We would have increased by 5% by now. By 2025 we should be over 10billion.

At the ration of 7females : 1male currently and 12females: 1male by then.

2 Likes

Re: Things Stopping Single Ladies From Meeting The Right Partner by Lanre90(m): 4:44pm On Aug 17, 2014
The answer to this question is probability
The more single men u hang out with in a platonic way ,the higher yo chances of getting hitched.

4 Likes

Re: Things Stopping Single Ladies From Meeting The Right Partner by marieolae(f): 4:47pm On Aug 17, 2014
I like dis

3 Likes

Re: Things Stopping Single Ladies From Meeting The Right Partner by Waspy(m): 4:47pm On Aug 17, 2014
There is this lady in my church who is more or less tied to her mother's aprons. Funny enuff, she's over ripe. I know I can't be the only one who has noticed and is concerned. undecided undecided
Re: Things Stopping Single Ladies From Meeting The Right Partner by acidtalk: 4:48pm On Aug 17, 2014
Lanre90: The answer to this question is probability
The more single men u hang out with in a platonic way ,the higher yo chances of getting hitched.

If you are always seeing hanging out with guys it is likely to cause more damage. As serious suitors will perceive you as being flirty and unserious

9 Likes

Re: Things Stopping Single Ladies From Meeting The Right Partner by acidtalk: 4:49pm On Aug 17, 2014
marieolae: I like dis

Hope you don't do anyone of them?
Re: Things Stopping Single Ladies From Meeting The Right Partner by marieolae(f): 4:53pm On Aug 17, 2014
acidtalk:

Hope you don't do anyone of them?
I do actually
Re: Things Stopping Single Ladies From Meeting The Right Partner by Baddestguyp(m): 4:58pm On Aug 17, 2014
tell them. forming hard to get will get u nowhere especially with a guy like me. gone are d days when guys are ready to Chase after a lady for 7 years

10 Likes

Re: Things Stopping Single Ladies From Meeting The Right Partner by Ivanspring(f): 5:01pm On Aug 17, 2014
I am guilty oh... cry
Re: Things Stopping Single Ladies From Meeting The Right Partner by acidtalk: 5:08pm On Aug 17, 2014
Ivanspring: I am guilty oh... cry

Of which in particular dear?
Re: Things Stopping Single Ladies From Meeting The Right Partner by Ivanspring(f): 5:17pm On Aug 17, 2014
acidtalk:

Of which in particular dear?

The third point
Re: Things Stopping Single Ladies From Meeting The Right Partner by mutiply: 5:38pm On Aug 17, 2014
Nice write up. how long can a man wait for a girl to say yes after repeating words almost everyday. To be sincere, its making me loose focus.
Re: Things Stopping Single Ladies From Meeting The Right Partner by Bunchersstab(m): 5:39pm On Aug 17, 2014
They should Keep playing hard to get while other girls get married every saturdays cheesy

Acidtalk, u don finish talk here.

5 Likes

Re: Things Stopping Single Ladies From Meeting The Right Partner by acidtalk: 5:43pm On Aug 17, 2014
mutiply: Nice write up. how long can a man wait for a girl to say yes after repeating words almost everyday. To be sincere, its making me loose focus.

Can you honestly answer the following questions?

How long have you known her?

How old is she?

How many times have you both gone on a date?

Does she ever bother to call you?

Are you working and what does she do?

Do you spend on her?

What exactly do you like about her?

Answer the obove questions sincerely and I will pass my verdict.
Re: Things Stopping Single Ladies From Meeting The Right Partner by Bunchersstab(m): 5:46pm On Aug 17, 2014
Mancade5, where u dey
Re: Things Stopping Single Ladies From Meeting The Right Partner by Odunharry(m): 5:49pm On Aug 17, 2014
grin
many people need to change

2 Likes

Re: Things Stopping Single Ladies From Meeting The Right Partner by Nobody: 6:01pm On Aug 17, 2014
Waspy: There is this lady in my church who is more or less tied to her mother's aprons. Funny enuff, she's over ripe. I know I can't be the only one who has noticed and is concerned. undecided undecided
Amebo part 2.

who ask u dis one.?

1 Like

Re: Things Stopping Single Ladies From Meeting The Right Partner by ERCROSS(m): 6:01pm On Aug 17, 2014
marieolae: I like dis
I thought as much too..
d o.p has highlighted ur problems to u..
u have no reason not to like it..
btw.
a thank u for the o.p will do..
grin

2 Likes

Re: Things Stopping Single Ladies From Meeting The Right Partner by Nobody: 6:04pm On Aug 17, 2014
grin grin grin

Op, if i stop all this on ur list..,

Will i get married in the next 2days?
Re: Things Stopping Single Ladies From Meeting The Right Partner by acidtalk: 6:08pm On Aug 17, 2014
missbronze: grin grin grin

Op, if i stop all this on ur list..,

Will i get married in the next 2days?

Stop it for 3 months and come back to tell me by the 8th month how you have gotten engaged.

Serious note: there's a thin line between being available and being desperate. Please avoid the later. Men can smell a desperate lady in Borno even while sitting in Lagos.

7 Likes

Re: Things Stopping Single Ladies From Meeting The Right Partner by marieolae(f): 6:10pm On Aug 17, 2014
ERCROSS:
I thought as much too..
d o.p has highlighted ur problems to u..
u have no reason not to like it..
btw.
a thank u for the o.p will do..
grin
kk
Re: Things Stopping Single Ladies From Meeting The Right Partner by Nobody: 6:12pm On Aug 17, 2014
acidtalk:

Stop it for 3 months and come back to tell me by the 8th month how you have gotten engaged.

Serious note: there's a thing line between being available and being desperate. Please avoid the later. Men can smell a desperate lady in Borno even while sitting in Lagos.
Nah..., 8mnths is too much.

If not in 2days..., then.., am nt interested.
Re: Things Stopping Single Ladies From Meeting The Right Partner by acidtalk: 6:19pm On Aug 17, 2014
missbronze: Nah..., 8mnths is too much.

If not in 2days..., then.., am nt interested.

You remind me on a lady I met some 4years ago. After 2 outings and one visit she was asking when I will come over to meet her parents.....in my mind I was baby, even if Obama was your father and Bill gates your uncle, it will take me nothing less than 3 months to know you before any form of commitment.

I stopped seeing her, and in less than 2months later I heard she was getting married the following month.

3 Likes

Re: Things Stopping Single Ladies From Meeting The Right Partner by mutiply: 6:26pm On Aug 17, 2014
acidtalk:

Can you honestly answer the following questions?

How long have you known her?

How old is she?

How many times have you both gone on a date?

Does she ever bother to call you?

Are you working and what does she do?

Do you spend on her?

What exactly do you like about her?

Answer the obove questions sincerely and I will pass my verdict.
1, have known her for 3months. 2 she is gonna be 30 in november. 3 we have gone out twice, we stay in different cities but not far from each other. 4 she used to call but stopped the very day i asked her out. She hardly calls me and dnt return my calls if she missed it. She used to chat but not always. 5 Am working but on low key, still trying to get a bigger job,( you know the job challenges in the country) she is working and self dependent. 6. I only spent about 3k plus on the dates which we both ate and drink but i spend alot on recharging my phones, i call her like 4 to 5 times in a day. 7. I like her cause she hard working, has this inner beauty and she is intellingent. Everything about her makes me happy but she does nt feel a thing for me. Dont know how long i can hold on. I dont want to be in the friend zone. NEVER
Re: Things Stopping Single Ladies From Meeting The Right Partner by Nobody: 6:43pm On Aug 17, 2014
Nice...

Im so guilty of the mean face thing. I do it to fend off guys I dont want but i guess it scares all of them away grin . Its a face that just comes on when im walking...I just hate being harrased. Im friendly but some men can be so forceful.

I also dont know where to draw the line on playing hard to get lol. I just feel like there is a positive relationship between playing hard and how much he will value you. So I play harder and he will love me 'harder' cheesy

how can i stop the above...whats the normal limit on playing hard ?

1 Like

Re: Things Stopping Single Ladies From Meeting The Right Partner by Nobody: 6:45pm On Aug 17, 2014
Yea, my lady was wearing a mean look in 2011 when we first met and i didnt know she liked me till this year when we connected again..

Infact i concluded she was a wicked and frustrated person. I just didn't want to add her after one outing, I switched her off.

It pained her, i just got to know this year. Nah her fault, not mine...

I also had that problem of losing interest in a lady after the first date.. I will be like, " wtf did I see in this girl b4 asking for this date " ?

1 Like

Re: Things Stopping Single Ladies From Meeting The Right Partner by Bootybuttchic(f): 6:48pm On Aug 17, 2014
so true...guilty of none smiley
Re: Things Stopping Single Ladies From Meeting The Right Partner by acidtalk: 6:51pm On Aug 17, 2014
Kinkybraids: Nice...

Im so guilty of the mean face thing. I do it to fend off guys I dont want but i guess it scares all of them away grin . Its a face that just comes on when im walking...I just hate being harrased. Im friendly but some men can be so forceful.

I also dont know where to draw the line on playing hard to get lol. I just feel like there is a positive relationship between playing hard and how much he will value you. So I play harder and he will love me 'harder' cheesy

how can i stop the above...whats the normal limit on playing hard ?

Will respond to you. Let me first help my brother above.
Re: Things Stopping Single Ladies From Meeting The Right Partner by Eden007(m): 6:59pm On Aug 17, 2014
Interesting
Re: Things Stopping Single Ladies From Meeting The Right Partner by acidtalk: 7:06pm On Aug 17, 2014
mutiply: 1, have known her for 3months. 2 she is gonna be 30 in november. 3 we have gone out twice, we stay in different cities but not far from each other. 4 she used to call but stopped the very day i asked her out. She hardly calls me and dnt return my calls if she missed it. She used to chat but not always. 5 Am working but on low key, still trying to get a bigger job,( you know the job challenges in the country) she is working and self dependent. 6. I only spent about 3k plus on the dates which we both ate and drink but i spend alot on recharging my phones, i call her like 4 to 5 times in a day. 7. I like her cause she hard working, has this inner beauty and she is intellingent. Everything about her makes me happy but she does nt feel a thing for me. Dont know how long i can hold on. I dont want to be in the friend zone. NEVER

Fortunately you know all the answers, but unfortunately your heart is doing the work of your brain.

Now from what is clear, you are over 30years of age and with a paying job. Now listen bro, no woman and I mean no woman will open her two eyes and enter a relationship or marriage she knows her partner Is financially handicap. Unless she doesn't mind providing.

I am not saying lack of finances is the sole reason why she doesn't want to date you but ask yourself these honest questions;

List 5 good qualities you have that anyone will want to date?

Knowing you have a low paying job, what are you doing to increase your financial status?

Now, can you take a step back and refuse to communicate with that lady for a whole month (no texting, flashing, calling, chatting, facebooking, or twitting). If by one month she doesn't both to get in touch with you then the signs are clear. SHE DOESN'T AND MIGHT NEVER LIKE YOU.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dating Yoruba Man / What My Guy Did Yesterday, He Fell My Hand / I Told Her To Leave Because She Wouldnt Have Sex With Me.. Wrong or Right

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.