Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,931 members, 7,952,741 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:49 PM

Things Stopping Single Ladies From Meeting The Right Partner - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Things Stopping Single Ladies From Meeting The Right Partner (11186 Views)

7 Obstacles That Might Have Kept Some Of Our Ladies From Getting Married In 2015 / 8 Excuses Smart Guys Give In Order To Dismiss Ladies From Asking Money / Meeting The Right Person At The Wrong Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things Stopping Single Ladies From Meeting The Right Partner by Nobody: 9:42pm On Aug 18, 2014
You wrote this yourself? @Op

But i love playing hard to get embarassed
Re: Things Stopping Single Ladies From Meeting The Right Partner by Nobody: 10:32pm On Aug 18, 2014
acidtalk:

Now seat tight while you strap your seat belt and listen very good.

He didn't keep disturbing you for 5 straight months none stop. He asked you out twice within a space of 5 months meaning he was quite mature to give you a long time to think about it before he brought up same discussion.

For Heaven's sake ladies need to understand that men have a whole lot on their mind to think and sort out instead of just keep carrying woman's matter on his mind. Only irresponsible and jobless guys will think, talk, dream, read, and chat only about females all day without thinking of how to better his life.

If a man ever comes visiting my daughter everyday of the week, I will get him arrested for being a menace to the society.

Now back to this your guy, seat him down and ask him what exactly he is looking out for in the relationship? Just friends, campanionship, lovers, fling, or a future partner. BE THAT BLUNT.

Secondly, ask him if he is really serious why is he dragging the whole thing? Whatever he tells you is the utmost truth. So listen attentively and hold on tight to it.

Thirdly, Never assume Shyness to means Pride. Most people are extremely shy, and so when they talk, people assume they are proud. Because most shy people use words to try to act bold, blunt, and brave when in the real sense they are extremely shy. It is possible it took lots of practice for that guy to summon the courage to ask you out. And your turning hum down made him feel embarrassed and rejected that is why he had to withdraw before coming back months after.

The bolded is cool
Re: Things Stopping Single Ladies From Meeting The Right Partner by acidtalk: 7:08am On Aug 19, 2014
cybug: Nice work Acidtalk... Always on point!

Thanks! Appreciated.
Re: Things Stopping Single Ladies From Meeting The Right Partner by acidtalk: 7:10am On Aug 19, 2014
okparaugo:

The bolded is cool

Really, that's the trust. Most people refer to shyness as pride.
Re: Things Stopping Single Ladies From Meeting The Right Partner by Ivanspring(f): 8:08am On Aug 19, 2014
Acidtalk how do i stop the mean look thing?
Re: Things Stopping Single Ladies From Meeting The Right Partner by Nobody: 8:29am On Aug 19, 2014
Larrysky: Fp please. Our ladies need to read this. I am intrigued... Never knew playin hard to get is now old news..

trust me. Playing hard to get doesnt make a man value you more. Didnt you play hard to get with the last guy who cheated on you?

One thing ladies have to know which they seem to be oblivious to is this: a man has already decided how he wants to relate with you way before he said the first hello to you. If he wants you only for sex, he had already decided that befor coming up to you. If he wants you for love and truely wants to have something deeper with you, he had already decided it way before steping up to you. Your playing hard to get plays absolutely no role in how he sees you, values you or want to relate with you.

His persistence even when you've been playing hard to get for so long COULD mean that he had a bet with his friends that he WILL bed this lady.

1 Like

Re: Things Stopping Single Ladies From Meeting The Right Partner by Nobody: 9:00am On Aug 19, 2014
I'm guilty of just one of these points and that is d number one cry Hanging out with friends... truth is I cannot go to d cinema/pool/party alone. I wnt feel myself wen I'm alone, I ll be soo bored and miserable... cry
Re: Things Stopping Single Ladies From Meeting The Right Partner by Nobody: 9:08am On Aug 19, 2014
Adufetohposh: I'm guilty of just one of these points and that is d number one cry Hanging out with friends... truth is I cannot go to d cinema/pool/party alone. I wnt feel myself wen I'm alone, I ll be soo bored and miserable... cry

You're not alone dearie

1 Like

Re: Things Stopping Single Ladies From Meeting The Right Partner by otalenu(m): 9:17am On Aug 19, 2014
Adufetohposh: I'm guilty of just one of these points and that is d number one cry Hanging out with friends... truth is I cannot go to d cinema/pool/party alone. I wnt feel myself wen I'm alone, I ll be soo bored and miserable... cry

Try to yield to the correction given.
Re: Things Stopping Single Ladies From Meeting The Right Partner by Nobody: 9:20am On Aug 19, 2014
otalenu:

Try to yield to the correction given.
ohk boss!
Re: Things Stopping Single Ladies From Meeting The Right Partner by otalenu(m): 9:28am On Aug 19, 2014
Adufetohposh: ohk boss!
Yimu
Re: Things Stopping Single Ladies From Meeting The Right Partner by Nobody: 9:58am On Aug 19, 2014
acidtalk:

Just withdraw since it is obvious she has no interest in you. There are 7 billion people on planet Earth. Don't let 1person make you feel bad.

Abundance mentality .
Re: Things Stopping Single Ladies From Meeting The Right Partner by Nobody: 10:03am On Aug 19, 2014

I can't let you goto cinema alone either.
Re: Things Stopping Single Ladies From Meeting The Right Partner by jaybee3(m): 10:27am On Aug 19, 2014
Duffyyyyyy
Re: Things Stopping Single Ladies From Meeting The Right Partner by Nobody: 10:48am On Aug 19, 2014
okparaugo:

The bolded is cool

Ofcourse i am! Thanks anyways grin

1 Like

Re: Things Stopping Single Ladies From Meeting The Right Partner by depato88(m): 10:50am On Aug 19, 2014
one of d most reasonable post av read on this section n i must say d OP s very gifted both intelectualy n odawise. i thnk i wil stat folowin his posts....i got tins to learn from this genus
Re: Things Stopping Single Ladies From Meeting The Right Partner by Teespice(f): 11:01am On Aug 19, 2014
I can't say I am guilty of wearing fashion rings because to me it's what it is, fashion. it is up to the men to dechiper that.

that number one is just eh. I prefer my own company a lot especially when it comes to going out. I really hate tagging along. even when I end up going out with friends, I am always in a world of my own.

the other points raised are not alien to is. it's knowing what works and applying them when necessary.
Re: Things Stopping Single Ladies From Meeting The Right Partner by Nobody: 11:09am On Aug 19, 2014
okparaugo:

I can't let you goto cinema alone either.
Lolz joker!
Re: Things Stopping Single Ladies From Meeting The Right Partner by daveP(m): 12:24pm On Aug 19, 2014
acidtalk:

Now seat tight while you strap your seat belt and listen very good.

He didn't keep disturbing you for 5 straight months none stop. He asked you out twice within a space of 5 months meaning he was quite mature to give you a long time to think about it before he brought up same discussion.

For Heaven's sake ladies need to understand that men have a whole lot on their mind to think and sort out instead of just keep carrying woman's matter on his mind. Only irresponsible and jobless guys will think, talk, dream, read, and chat only about females all day without thinking of how to better his life.

If a man ever comes visiting my daughter everyday of the week, I will get him arrested for being a menace to the society.

Now back to this your guy, seat him down and ask him what exactly he is looking out for in the relationship? Just friends, campanionship, lovers, fling, or a future partner. BE THAT BLUNT.

Secondly, ask him if he is really serious why is he dragging the whole thing? Whatever he tells you is the utmost truth. So listen attentively and hold on tight to it.

Thirdly, Never assume Shyness to means Pride. Most people are extremely shy, and so when they talk, people assume they are proud. Because most shy people use words to try to act bold, blunt, and brave when in the real sense they are extremely shy. It is possible it took lots of practice for that guy to summon the courage to ask you out. And your turning hum down made him feel embarrassed and rejected that is why he had to withdraw before coming back months after.
I'm telling you only a few would come out boldly with the blunt idea. It scare them to attempt that. But fortunately the guy in question may not feel comfortable when she ask, he'l definitely know how, when, etc to go about the two of you better.
Re: Things Stopping Single Ladies From Meeting The Right Partner by numericalguy(m): 12:53pm On Aug 19, 2014
Teespice: I can't say I am guilty of wearing fashion rings because to me it's what it is, fashion. it is up to the men to dechiper that.

that number one is just eh. I prefer my own company a lot especially when it comes to going out. I really hate tagging along. even when I end up going out with friends, I am always in a world of my own.

the other points raised are not alien to is. it's knowing what works and applying them when necessary.

But you are the one losing end at the end of the day by surrounding yourself with so much mystery codes.

Its like writing an examination with bad illegible handwriting and saying its up to the lecturer to decipher what you are trying to say.

What most girls don't get is that real and responsible men most times have a lot on their minds and will not spend hours thinking and wondering and trying to decipher what is on the mind of some stray girl he saw at the pool or cinema
Re: Things Stopping Single Ladies From Meeting The Right Partner by numericalguy(m): 1:06pm On Aug 19, 2014
Kinkybraids:

That point about him getting revenge is really catching my interest. Im actually in a similar situation. There is this guy that i think is good looking, nice but doesnt excite me to talk to him. He asked me out around march n we had a great time but his follow up was weak...maybe he expected me to call. So he went silent but we would occasionally talk. He asked me out again n i always said i was busy bt id see. We met just for a stroll n i felt no chemistry but he tells me he has feeling for me ect. I didnt reciprocate n now he is back asking me out on date and telling me his feelings. Why would a guy chase you for 5 months? Do u think he just wants revenge ? He isnt a bad guy but he can be very proud so i dont get it

This is where you blew it.
If I went out of my way to ask a girl out and followed it up by taking her out on a date and we eventually had a great time. Frankly speaking I would expect her to at least give me a call or send an sms and say something nice like "thanks for a great evening" or "I had a wonderful time" etc. This will reassure me that all my efforts (even when not reciprocated) are being appreciated.
When he didn't call, nothing stops you from calling him to say "hi, just checking up on you" or any other stuffs like that.

A mature and reasonable girl will not just lie down and lap up all the attentions and not reciprocate or even appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Things Stopping Single Ladies From Meeting The Right Partner by Nobody: 2:32pm On Aug 19, 2014
daveP: I'm telling you only a few would come out boldly with the blunt idea. It scare them to attempt that. But fortunately the guy in question may not feel comfortable when she ask, he'l definitely know how, when, etc to go about the two of you better.

Your dp makes me salivate embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Things Stopping Single Ladies From Meeting The Right Partner by princesa(f): 2:49pm On Aug 19, 2014
Op, please I need a list on how to know a serious guy, thank yousmiley

nice tips btw
Re: Things Stopping Single Ladies From Meeting The Right Partner by daveP(m): 2:50pm On Aug 19, 2014
IrishKez:

Your dp makes me salivate embarassed
cheesy so tempting that you wana cry. Why now? Is dat you on your dp?
Re: Things Stopping Single Ladies From Meeting The Right Partner by daveP(m): 2:51pm On Aug 19, 2014
princesa: Op, please I need a list on how to know a serious guy, thank yousmiley

nice tips btw
fephew. Ama pretend i didnt see dis ( runs out)
Re: Things Stopping Single Ladies From Meeting The Right Partner by princesa(f): 3:02pm On Aug 19, 2014
daveP:
fephew. Ama pretend i didnt see dis ( runs out)
why? Buh I'm serioussad
Re: Things Stopping Single Ladies From Meeting The Right Partner by daveP(m): 3:23pm On Aug 19, 2014
princesa:
why? Buh I'm serioussad
issokay..
Re: Things Stopping Single Ladies From Meeting The Right Partner by princesa(f): 3:27pm On Aug 19, 2014
daveP:
issokay..

forget I asked cry
Re: Things Stopping Single Ladies From Meeting The Right Partner by daveP(m): 3:49pm On Aug 19, 2014
princesa:

forget I asked cry
( comforts her huggingly) forget i did too. wink
Re: Things Stopping Single Ladies From Meeting The Right Partner by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 19, 2014
daveP: cheesy so tempting that you wana cry. Why now? Is dat you on your dp?

Ya
get them for me now or you'll have a torrent of flood from my eyes cry

1 Like

Re: Things Stopping Single Ladies From Meeting The Right Partner by Teespice(f): 5:47pm On Aug 19, 2014
numericalguy:

But you are the one losing end at the end of the day by surrounding yourself with so much mystery codes.

Its like writing an examination with bad illegible handwriting and saying its up to the lecturer to decipher what you are trying to say.

What most girls don't get is that real and responsible men most times have a lot on their minds and will not spend hours thinking and wondering and trying to decipher what is on the mind of some stray girl he saw at the pool or cinema

I will never be at any losing end. if a guy can't decipher that the rings I wear are for fancy then that's his business mehn.
Re: Things Stopping Single Ladies From Meeting The Right Partner by acidtalk: 6:03pm On Aug 19, 2014
Ivanspring: Acidtalk how do i stop the mean look thing?

Once you are about stepping out of the house, always remember to tell yourself this "i am a wonderful, kind, and respectful person both within and outside of me, so i wouldn't only only a small part of me (face) make me appear to others like a sad, rude, and proud person. I will smill as much as i can".

Always be cautious of how your face is. pay more concern on your face as thats the first thing person notice and even use to judge your personality.

I hope this helped. All the best

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

After Saying No, Look At What She Sent To Me (advise) / Aristos And Our Campus Ladies / What Do African Men Want In A Woman!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.