Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,947 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. - Education (112) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. (590030 Views)

JAMB: Share Your Experience / When Is Your Exam Date,time And Name And Score If You Gotten Yours / UNIZIK Post-UME Candidates: What's Your Score? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Samkeniyy(m): 5:31am On Jun 26, 2021
Wrote IELTS on June 12 at the Colonnades Hotel, Ikoyi and was told to expect results on June 25 (yesterday). Their portal is showing awaiting results. for me. Anyone wrote at the same center seen their results yet as my friends in other location like Ibadan have seen theirs. Feedback please
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by KanmiAyankoya: 9:37am On Jun 26, 2021
Same here. The wait has not only been annoying but left me restless
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Mccarthyal(m): 9:37am On Jun 26, 2021
I was just about to ask this. I wrote same date but in Abuja and I’m yet to see my results. Unfortunately, their customer care is only available weekdays, as I’ve tried to reach them this morning.
Samkeniyy:
Wrote IELTS on June 12 at the Colonnades Hotel, Ikoyi and was told to expect results on June 25 (yesterday). Their portal is showing awaiting results. for me. Anyone wrote at the same center seen their results yet as my friends in other location like Ibadan have seen theirs. Feedback please
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Samkeniyy(m): 9:51am On Jun 26, 2021
KanmiAyankoya:
Same here. The wait has not only been annoying but left me restless

I have refreshed that page multiple times. It's freaking annoying.

Anyone that is able to reach them should please give us feedback. Thanks
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by KanmiAyankoya: 10:36am On Jun 26, 2021
I called all numbers yesterday and none went through. I annoyingly sent a mail very early this morning also, yet to get a reply.
Sadly, the wait continues �

Anyone that is able to reach them should please give us feedback. Thanks [/quote]
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by tobe1997: 8:52pm On Jun 26, 2021
Same here ooo..wrote in warri and still showing awaiting result...iv refreshed multiple times even thought it's just mine
KanmiAyankoya:
I called all numbers yesterday and none went through. I annoyingly sent a mail very early this morning also, yet to get a reply.
Sadly, the wait continues �

Anyone that is able to reach them should please give us feedback. Thanks
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by navigante: 6:32am On Jun 27, 2021
Ielts 19th june IDP results is out
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by mylia: 7:10am On Jun 27, 2021
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Thecvbankng: 6:58pm On Jun 29, 2021
Good day guys,

I want to confirm if international passport is the only form of identification accepted by the British Council to seat for IELTS Examination. As I currently have my passport being processed by the immigration office and will not be available on the dates I've booked for my examination. I have my national ID and was wondering if this could suffice as as a substitute for the international passport. 

Thank you
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Samkeniyy(m): 8:19pm On Jun 30, 2021
So what did you use in registering your test in the first place. I thought your Data page is required to book the test. Just asking

Thecvbankng:
Good day guys,

I want to confirm if international passport is the only form of identification accepted by the British Council to seat for IELTS Examination. As I currently have my passport being processed by the immigration office and will not be available on the dates I've booked for my examination. I have my national ID and was wondering if this could suffice as as a substitute for the international passport. 

Thank you

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by emeraldoe(f): 10:40pm On Jun 30, 2021
I got my ielts score n got a 6.5 in speaking. I need a 7, so I applied for a re-mark in speaking. How long do I need to wait before getting my results? How do I know when the result will be out?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by stanvesco(m): 9:31am On Jul 01, 2021
olamide34:
Good afternoon.

I need help hugely. I need help with listening and reading section.
I have not been able to get q band 8 in listening. I am presently stuck in 6.5 and for reading stuck at 5 band.

I have been studying on my own for a while now. But i can't seem to see any improvement.

I will really appreciate your prompt response.

Thanks in advance.
Frankly speaking,you need to put in a lot more self-help practice and tutor-guided practice! Especially,if I will judge you based on this piece above.
My unreserved apologies.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by polylgk: 2:56am On Jul 02, 2021
I believe that British Council should rather stop giving misleading information about results being available to view online after 3-5 days. When I called their customer care line, the man I spoke with practically said it's a normal thing for results to be released in batches. I eventually got my results around noon on the sixth day (I had taken the CBT version). Writing this so that anyone who is freaking out might have better information to work with. When I was waiting for my results, I also freaked out and spent several hours reading all sorts online. Try not to Google too much, so you won't spend hours on threads that are about how IELTS withhold results. British Council are just not up to what they promise. I also read a guy mention that on Quora, and the fellow was in India. So, that's that. Stay calm if you can. Like the customer care fellow told me, they are releasing the results – in batches.

2 Likes

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by NHQGUY: 12:46pm On Jul 02, 2021
Took my test on the 12th of June, 2021.
Result: L:9, R:8, S:7, W: 6.5.
Applied for an EOR as I am quite sure I did very well in both speaking and writing.
Anxiously waiting on the result.

Anyone with experience on EOR?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by NHQGUY: 12:48pm On Jul 02, 2021
olamide34:
Good afternoon.

I need help hugely. I need help with listening and reading section.
I have not been able to get q band 8 in listening. I am presently stuck in 6.5 and for reading stuck at 5 band.

I have been studying on my own for a while now. But i can't seem to see any improvement.

I will really appreciate your prompt response.

Thanks in advance.

Go to YouTube.
Search for Jay and watch his videos on IELTS, you'll smash that test.

4 Likes

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by osiee: 5:11pm On Jul 02, 2021
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by HEART1234: 6:52pm On Jul 02, 2021
Hello

Please what materials did you use?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by osiee: 8:35pm On Jul 02, 2021
I used the following
1) ieltsonline for listening and speaking
2)ielts Liz for writing
3) ielts daily on YouTube for speaking
4) career zone IELTS for listening
5) Used past questions for reading
6)https://www.ieltsadvantage.com/2015/03/03/ielts-writing-task-2-essay-structures/

My result came out today LSRW =8,8,8,7

HEART1234:
Hello

Please what materials did you use?

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by emeraldoe(f): 10:04pm On Jul 02, 2021
emeraldoe:
I got my ielts score n got a 6.5 in speaking. I need a 7, so I applied for a re-mark in speaking. How long do I need to wait before getting my results? How do I know when the result will be out?
please I need a reply
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by bayomarv95: 3:25pm On Jul 03, 2021
British Columbia or IDP??

osiee:
I used the following
2)ielts Liz for writing
6)https://www.ieltsadvantage.com/2015/03/03/ielts-writing-task-2-essay-structures/

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by osiee: 6:02pm On Jul 03, 2021
bayomarv95:
British Columbia or IDP??

I don't know the difference but in my portal I saw British Council Ielts

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by ezzylee(m): 11:48pm On Jul 03, 2021
Wrote my IELTS exams today. Results should be out in 5 days. Speaking was a bit dicey. I was asked to talk about something for 2 mins. Did that and I finished talking before 2 mins was up. The invigilator gestured that I should continue talking, but I was blank already.

Anyways, I hope it comes out well coz that’s the only place I had a hiccup.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by osiee: 12:11am On Jul 04, 2021
ezzylee:
Wrote my IELTS exams today. Results should be out in 5 days. Speaking was a bit dicey. I was asked to talk about something for 2 mins. Did that and I finished talking before 2 mins was up. The invigilator gestured that I should continue talking, but I was blank already.

Anyways, I hope it comes out well coz that’s the only place I had a hiccup.

I finished speaking before my 2mins was over and was able to have an 8. Don't worry about it too much, just leave it to God. All will be fine

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by ezzylee(m): 10:40am On Jul 04, 2021
osiee:

I finished speaking before my 2mins was over and was able to have an 8. Don't worry about it too much, just leave it to God. All will be fine

Thanks a lot.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by bayomarv95: 12:04am On Jul 05, 2021
osiee:

I don't know the difference but in my portal I saw British Council Ielts

My mistake. It's actually British Council

Do you mind sharing resources you used in preparation for the test. I am referring to past questions, practice questions, textbooks e.t.c and not tutorials

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by osiee: 4:24am On Jul 05, 2021
bayomarv95:

My mistake. It's actually British Council

Do you mind sharing resources you used in preparation for the test. I am referring to past questions, practice questions, textbooks e.t.c and not tutorials

I have shared this earlier but I will repeat it again
I used the following
2)ielts Liz for writing
5) I used past questions for reading- a friend gave me hard copy past questions

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by bayomarv95: 7:52pm On Jul 05, 2021
osiee:

I have shared this earlier but I will repeat it again
I used the following
2)ielts Liz for writing
5) I used past questions for reading- a friend gave me hard copy past questions

Thanks

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Emcee6(m): 4:27am On Jul 06, 2021
Hello. Please I am yet to apply or start practice. I just need to know, do I need to use an international passport to apply or can other means of identification be used like driver’s license or NIMC. Also advice on materials to study with and anything to take into consideration before applying. Thanks.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by utytill(m): 5:05am On Jul 06, 2021
osiee:
I used the following
2)ielts Liz for writing

Thanks
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by utytill(m): 5:06am On Jul 06, 2021
qanda:
Get FREE and updated study materials from the video section (IELTS Category) of Q and A App

Install the App from Playstore
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tolu.qanda

Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by ezzylee(m): 11:02am On Jul 08, 2021
Hi guys,

So my IELTS results came out today and I had -

Listening - 8.5, Reading - 8.5, Writing - 7.0, and Speaking - 7.0

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by chaiks: 1:53pm On Jul 08, 2021
Can I use NIMC card to apply for IELTS?

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (159) (Reply)

2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: / University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates / 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.