Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,465 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. - Education (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. (590351 Views)

JAMB: Share Your Experience / When Is Your Exam Date,time And Name And Score If You Gotten Yours / UNIZIK Post-UME Candidates: What's Your Score? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by RonkeGoke(f): 7:11pm On Apr 22, 2017
henmaris:
April 8 results:
Listening 9
Writing 7.5
Reading 7.5
Speaking 7.

Wow atlast, my target was writing. Needed a 7 and I got it. My last IELTs I had a 6.5 in writing. Im happy I made it and want to encourage everyone not to give up for they can attain their targeted result. Good luck everyone.

Hello please what centre did u write yours?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by henmaris: 1:55am On Apr 23, 2017
RonkeGoke:

Not in Naija.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by studyexec: 1:04pm On Apr 26, 2017
Hello guys.

Is it possible to change the date for your Speaking Test.
Something very important has come up and I need to change the date (perhaps to the main exam date).
Any experiences will be appreciated. Thanks.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by captainhoo: 10:49pm On Apr 26, 2017
studyexec:
Hello guys.

Is it possible to change the date for your Listening Test.
Something very important has come up and I need to change the date (perhaps to the main exam date).
Any experiences will be appreciated. Thanks.
I don't think it's possible.change is allowed only on grounds of illness with evidence and must be weeks before exam date
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by studyexec: 9:31am On Apr 27, 2017
captainhoo:
I don't think it's possible.change is allowed only on grounds of illness with evidence and must be weeks before exam date

I actually want to change the SPEAKING test date, not Listening.
My bad.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Joshmedia1: 11:57am On Apr 28, 2017
cool
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by EJIZY: 7:00pm On May 01, 2017
RonkeGoke:

Please can u give the tips u used in writing
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by EJIZY: 7:03pm On May 01, 2017
henmaris:
April 8 results:
Listening 9
Writing 7.5
Reading 7.5
Speaking 7.

Wow atlast, my target was writing. Needed a 7 and I got it. My last IELTs I had a 6.5 in writing. Im happy I made it and want to encourage everyone not to give up for they can attain their targeted result. Good luck everyone.

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by nwakaegoabisola(f): 12:08pm On May 02, 2017
Hello guys, my examination is May 6th and I am scared about my writing
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by wroskian(m): 2:00pm On May 02, 2017
ieltsadvantage.com

Cc: Ejizy
, Nwakaegoabisola
& Others.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by henmaris: 1:56am On May 03, 2017
EJIZY:

Its practice,practice and more practice. By practice I mean actually writing some essays and timing yourself and having someone proofread for u. If theres nobody, u will sure feel when ur writing has improved. Another means of preparing is reading a variety of sample answers to the same question so it can give you an idea of how to tackle different questions, what is expected of you and also you will be able to connect those different methods of writing to produce a strong/quality essay.
Another thing is the length of your essay, ive written IELTs 4 times, first for admission, then for immigration and last 2 times for certification and ive come to the realization that the length of your essay matters alot. I"ve always written almost the exact 250 words because all this while I thought you couldnt write above that. That way I always limited myself in expanding my ideas. This time around I wrote 6 solid paragraphs. Paragraph 6 was the conclusion. I made them as coherent as possible. E.g my paragraphs were :intro, causes, cons, pros, solutions and conclusion. Guess what, I had a maximum of 2 related but well elaborated points in each paragraph. Mind you I didnt finish writing my conclusion.
Using a variety of Vocabulary is also of essence. Trust me, I used a few "terms/big words" in the right context though.

NB I PRACTICED USING THE WEBSITE GIVEN BY IDP (their writing section is well disected) , IELTSBUDDY AND WATCHED A FEW YOUTUBE VIDEOS WHEN LAZY WHICH WERE OF HELP THOUGH. I prepared for a maximum of 7days but it was intense because I wrote a minimum of 5 essays and alot of reading different writeups.
You can do it, good luck my dear.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Intel2(f): 2:23am On May 03, 2017
STUDY IN ISM ADONAI UNIVERSITY,COTONOU,BENIN REPUBLIC

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by onlyme07(m): 5:37am On May 03, 2017
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by onlyme07(m): 5:39am On May 03, 2017
nomad26:

I've compiled a couple of materials (~340mb). Please download from this link http://dropcanvas.com/hi1ow

Ok
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by EJIZY: 1:37pm On May 03, 2017
henmaris:

Its practice,practice and more practice. By practice I mean actually writing some essays and timing yourself and having someone proofread for u. If theres nobody, u will sure feel when ur writing has improved. Another means of preparing is reading a variety of sample answers to the same question so it can give you an idea of how to tackle different questions, what is expected of you and also you will be able to connect those different methods of writing to produce a strong/quality essay.
Another thing is the length of your essay, ive written IELTs 4 times, first for admission, then for immigration and last 2 times for certification and ive come to the realization that the length of your essay matters alot. I"ve always written almost the exact 250 words because all this while I thought you couldnt write above that. That way I always limited myself in expanding my ideas. This time around I wrote 6 solid paragraphs. Paragraph 6 was the conclusion. I made them as coherent as possible. E.g my paragraphs were :intro, causes, cons, pros, solutions and conclusion. Guess what, I had a maximum of 2 related but well elaborated points in each paragraph. Mind you I didnt finish writing my conclusion.
Using a variety of Vocabulary is also of essence. Trust me, I used a few "terms/big words" in the right context though.

NB I PRACTICED USING THE WEBSITE GIVEN BY IDP (their writing section is well disected) , IELTSBUDDY AND WATCHED A FEW YOUTUBE VIDEOS WHEN LAZY WHICH WERE OF HELP THOUGH. I prepared for a maximum of 7days but it was intense because I wrote a minimum of 5 essays and alot of reading different writeups.
You can do it, good luck my dear.

Thanks for the detailed explanation, I wrote mine last wknd and keeping my fingers crossed.... the writing was good I hope, I had 4 paragraphs and left at least a space btw each but forgot to leave a space for the third paragraph, hope that doesn't affect my score because I was in a hurry and time was not enough.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Uglyduckling: 5:02pm On May 03, 2017
Please does anyone know how I can reach the British council Lagos for a reschedule of my speaking test? I've been trying to call the number on the mail for enquiry and assistance but keep getting an automated response. Help please! It's urgent!
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by studyexec: 3:40am On May 05, 2017
Uglyduckling:
Please does anyone know how I can reach the British council Lagos for a reschedule of my speaking test? I've been trying to call the number on the mail for enquiry and assistance but keep getting an automated response. Help please! It's urgent!
Very difficult to get through on phone. You can go to the venue of the test to enquire and try to reschedule or send an email (as seen on your email confirmation, but which may not be replied). No guarantee on being able to reschedule though.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Joshmedia1: 9:26pm On May 05, 2017
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Johnnyessence(m): 8:44pm On May 06, 2017
Joshmedia1:
TO JOIN THE IELTS WHATSAPP STUDY GROUP
SEND IELTS TO 09035926621 THROUGH WHATSAPP ONLY
my fellow brothers and sisters in the house,please i need the direction of this address in Ibadan. i need it fast . am coming from osogbo. please kindly guide me on the nearest bustop in Ibadan that's not far to the center.this is the address:
1. Check-Inn Hotels, 1 Check-Inn Close, Behind Zain Head Office, Off Secretariat/U.I Road, Bodija, Ibadan, Oyo State. thank you.
2. Mauve 21 Events Center, MKO Abiola Way (Ring Road) Ibadan,Oyo State.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Johnnyessence(m): 8:44pm On May 06, 2017
my fellow brothers and sisters in the house,please i need the direction of this address in Ibadan. i need it fast . am coming from osogbo. please kindly guide me on the nearest bustop in Ibadan that's not far to the center.this is the address:
1. Check-Inn Hotels, 1 Check-Inn Close, Behind Zain Head Office, Off Secretariat/U.I Road, Bodija, Ibadan, Oyo State. thank you.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by ROCE: 6:11pm On May 08, 2017
[quote author=Johnnyessence post=56274868]my fellow brothers and sisters in the house,please i need the direction of this address in Ibadan. i need it fast . am coming from osogbo. please kindly guide me on the nearest bustop in Ibadan that's not far to the center.this is the address:
2. Mauve 21 Events Center, MKO Abiola Way (Ring Road) Ibadan,Oyo State.[/quote

Ring Road is a bus stop. Use any hotel around there - you can use those opposite shoprite as it is not far from the Mauve Center. The Sdoprite area to Check Inn is about 200 box via bike and lesser if you board cab
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by wroskian(m): 8:11pm On May 08, 2017
Johnnyessence:

Hi, I hope this is not coming late.

If you will be dropping at Iwo road, you can access both locations from there.

1. From Iwo road, get a bus going to Gate & alight at "Busstop Gate". Then take a taxi going towards secretariat, tell the driver you will be dropping at "Zain" (Please hammer on this very well o). When you finally alight, ask anyone around for Zain if you can't find it easily. Check-Inn hotel is behind the Zain building.

2. Get to Academy in Iwo road, ask for where to board a taxi going to Challenge, drop at the last busstop in Challenge(plead with the driver to drop you after he turns) Walk back a bit and cross to the other side of the road where Fidelity bank is, then board any of the taxis going towards that route (Oluyole Estate) & tell the driver you will alight at Mauve 21.

If he doesn't know the place, just be watchful, the building is on the opposite side. When you begin to see Capital building (IBEDC) or Mobil, my brother you don pass your busstop o. So be watchful!.

All the best.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Johnnyessence(m): 8:25pm On May 08, 2017
[quote author=ROCE post=56328789][/quote]thanks for your reply. I will work on it. I don't think I will lodge in the hotel on friday ahead of the saturday exam. I have make some enquiries about the saturday environmental sanitation.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Johnnyessence(m): 8:27pm On May 08, 2017
[quote author=ROCE post=56328789][/quote]thanks for your reply. I will work on it. I don't think I will lodge in the hotel on friday ahead of the saturday exam. I have make some enquiries about the saturday environmental sanitation. What I heard is that there will no be environmental sanitation.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Johnnyessence(m): 8:41pm On May 08, 2017
wroskian:

Hi, I hope this is not coming late.

If you will be dropping at Iwo road, you can access both locations from there.

1. From Iwo road, get a bus going to Gate & alight at "Busstop Gate". Then take a taxi going towards secretariat, tell the driver you will be dropping at "Zain" (Please hammer on this very well o). When you finally alight, ask anyone around for Zain if you can't find it easily. Check-Inn hotel is behind the Zain building.

2. Get to Academy in Iwo road, ask for where to board a taxi going to Challenge, drop at the last busstop in Challenge(plead with the driver to drop you after he turns) Walk back a bit and cross to the other side of the road where Fidelity bank is, then board any of the taxis going towards that route (Oluyole Estate) & tell the driver you will alight at Mauve 21.

If he doesn't know the place, just be watchful, the building is on the opposite side. When you begin to see Capital building (IBEDC) or Mobil, my brother you don pass your busstop o. So be watchful!.

All the best.
not late sir. I really appreciate your reply here. God bless you abundantly. I will work on the direction you wrote here. Thank you for your reply.

2 Likes

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by ROCE: 2:44pm On May 09, 2017
Johnnyessence:
thanks for your reply. I will work on it. I don't think I will lodge in the hotel on friday ahead of the saturday exam. I have make some enquiries about the saturday environmental sanitation.

What sanitation? Does IB restrict movement? British Council will not make a Saturday available of there was sanitation on that day
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Johnnyessence(m): 3:12pm On May 09, 2017
ROCE:

What sanitation? Does IB restrict movement? British Council will not make a Saturday available of there was sanitation on that day
ok noted. Thanks for your reply. There's no environmental sanitation on that day.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by nwakaegoabisola(f): 4:45pm On May 19, 2017
Please who wrote their IELTS in Lagos on May 6th? My result is supposed to be out today, but I can't view it online
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by noscarn91(m): 6:19pm On May 19, 2017
nwakaegoabisola:
Please who wrote their IELTS in Lagos on May 6th? My result is supposed to be out today, but I can't view it online
It's not not online yet , I have collected my results this morning, best of luck

2 Likes

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Humblega(m): 6:47pm On May 19, 2017
Johnnyessence:
Hello, are u done with Ielts. Needs to know about the center..... Is headset still in place? How coordinated is the center officials?

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Johnnyessence(m): 7:47pm On May 19, 2017
Humblega:

Hello, are u done with Ielts. Needs to know about the center..... Is headset still in place? How coordinated is the center officials?
well the headset is still in place oo. Just be there on time. Be there earlier. Due to where am coming from I still came early. No break at all. The exam was just three hours stretch. You just have to be focus in answering the questions. The listening exam was pretty fast but one just have to be looking at the paper and write answer well. At the end time isn't always enough to do the exam. You just have to be fast with it. Best of success.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Humblega(m): 7:55pm On May 19, 2017
Johnnyessence:
well the headset is still in place oo. Just be there on time. Be there earlier. Due to where am coming from I still came early. No break at all. The exam was just three hours stretch. You just have to be focus in answering the questions. The listening exam was pretty fast but one just have to be looking at the paper and write answer well. At the end time isn't always enough to do the exam. You just have to be fast with it. Best of success.

thanks for your timely response

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (159) (Reply)

2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: / University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates / 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.