Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,631 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. - Education (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. (590109 Views)

JAMB: Share Your Experience / When Is Your Exam Date,time And Name And Score If You Gotten Yours / UNIZIK Post-UME Candidates: What's Your Score? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by cc150615(f): 7:32am On May 26, 2017
Is there anyone that has written both ielts Academic and general and which would you say one could get a higher score in, all other things being equal. I know the purposes of both are different anyway.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Uglyduckling: 8:59am On May 26, 2017
cc150615:
Is there anyone that has written both ielts Academic and general and which would you say one could get a higher score in, all other things being equal. I know the purposes of both are different anyway.
wrote both and had almost the same scores so I wouldn't say either is more difficult it depends on your capabilities.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by cc150615(f): 12:28pm On May 26, 2017
Uglyduckling:
wrote both and had almost the same scores so I wouldn't say either is more difficult it depends on your capabilities.
Thanks
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by AYOT12(m): 4:50pm On May 26, 2017
Good PM house
Please I need ur candid advice.
I applied for IELTS and opted for payment via bankdraft
I eventually generated d bank draft and opted to send d draft to dem via courier.
It got to their office today but dey HV closed as dey close by 12pm on Friday.
Monday is a public holiday.
And my 5 days to pay up after registration for d examination online for d exam ends dat Monday.
Presently too dey can be reached on phone as dey have closed for work for today and deywont open until tuesday
Wat will u suggest I do at dis juncture?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Uglyduckling: 7:07pm On May 26, 2017
AYOT12:
Good PM house
Please I need ur candid advice.
I applied for IELTS and opted for payment via bankdraft
I eventually generated d bank draft and opted to send d draft to dem via courier.
It got to their office today but dey HV closed as dey close by 12pm on Friday.
Monday is a public holiday.
And my 5 days to pay up after registration for d examination online for d exam ends dat Monday.
Presently too dey can be reached on phone as dey have closed for work for today and deywont open until tuesday
Wat will u suggest I do at dis juncture?
Put your mind at ease. It's usually 5 working days, so Monday will not count.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by rukayatd: 10:30am On May 29, 2017
Good day, a very big well done to every active participant on this forum, please I can't upload my passport.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by oviepuege(m): 11:06am On May 29, 2017
I had speaking 8.5
Writing 6.0
Reading 7.0
Speaking 7.5.
Overall band score is 7.5.
Is 7.5 ok.
I need it 4 scholarship. Chevening scholarship. D min is 6.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by nwakaegoabisola(f): 11:20pm On May 30, 2017
I had 7.0 overall
Listening 8.0
Speaking 7.55
Reading 6.5
Writing 6.0

Academic

3 Likes

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by naijarazzi: 12:13pm On May 31, 2017
Hello guys,

Please can anyone help with how to about registering for ielts. And when is the next exam. And the cost.

Thank you
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by ElDeeVee(m): 2:14pm On May 31, 2017
nwakaegoabisola:
I had 7.0 overall
Listening 8.0
Speaking 7.55
Reading 6.5
Writing 6.0

Academic

Good scores. I'm proud of you, boo

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Joshmedia1: 9:31am On Jun 03, 2017
tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by shegzee43: 7:25pm On Jun 04, 2017
This online practice platform would be invaluable for prospective candidates. You can try your hands on the test and share your result and experience. http://ieltsonlinetests.com/catalogue
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by phylp: 10:57pm On Jun 05, 2017
Hello guys please I needed materials for IELTS..I am planning to write the academic category... The material can be sent to tosinoyetunji123@gmail.com & also in need of smeone that can guide me with selection of centers.. Thanks
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by ikeonyeka(f): 10:32am On Jun 11, 2017
Greetings all,
I just registered for IELTS, I will make my payment tomorrow with a bank draft. I registered in Benin, and I intend sending my passport n bank draft through DHL to either British Council in Lagos or Portharcourt. Between Lagos or Portharcourt which will be better for me to send my details?
and should I send the original bank draft or a photocopy?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Laytan: 6:54pm On Jun 11, 2017
Please send study materials to prettyolade@yahoo.co.uk

Lumisty:
Please send materials to olufasanmi@yahoo.com
Thanks

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by IamOpemipo(m): 7:06pm On Jun 11, 2017
henmaris:

Its practice,practice and more practice. By practice I mean actually writing some essays and timing yourself and having someone proofread for u. If theres nobody, u will sure feel when ur writing has improved. Another means of preparing is reading a variety of sample answers to the same question so it can give you an idea of how to tackle different questions, what is expected of you and also you will be able to connect those different methods of writing to produce a strong/quality essay.
Another thing is the length of your essay, ive written IELTs 4 times, first for admission, then for immigration and last 2 times for certification and ive come to the realization that the length of your essay matters alot. I"ve always written almost the exact 250 words because all this while I thought you couldnt write above that. That way I always limited myself in expanding my ideas. This time around I wrote 6 solid paragraphs. Paragraph 6 was the conclusion. I made them as coherent as possible. E.g my paragraphs were :intro, causes, cons, pros, solutions and conclusion. Guess what, I had a maximum of 2 related but well elaborated points in each paragraph. Mind you I didnt finish writing my conclusion.
Using a variety of Vocabulary is also of essence. Trust me, I used a few "terms/big words" in the right context though.

NB I PRACTICED USING THE WEBSITE GIVEN BY IDP (their writing section is well disected) , IELTSBUDDY AND WATCHED A FEW YOUTUBE VIDEOS WHEN LAZY WHICH WERE OF HELP THOUGH. I prepared for a maximum of 7days but it was intense because I wrote a minimum of 5 essays and alot of reading different writeups.
You can do it, good luck my dear.

Impressive dear, had 6 in writing in my last exam , the part A Of academic is always a problem for me , any tips on how to go abt that
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jun 12, 2017
Joshmedia1:
TO JOIN THE IELTS STUDY WHATSAPP GROUP
SEND (IELTS) TO 09035926621 THROUGH WHATSAPP

Hello kindly add me on 09075634519.Thanks
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by udi2111: 2:53pm On Jun 16, 2017
Hello I'm new here, kindly add 07017470754 to the ielts wassap group. thanks
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Zilifish: 5:08pm On Jun 20, 2017
I did my ielts speaking today. Damn it i was nervous. Didnt answer section two well. Im scared mehn. I need encouragement
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Samadict(f): 10:35am On Jun 21, 2017
Can anyone here recommend a good preparatory class (tutorial) or study group for ielts in Lagos (Iyana-Ipaja axis preferably). I'm getting distracted studying alone. Thanks.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by ElDeeVee(m): 7:43am On Jun 24, 2017
Samadict:
Can anyone here recommend a good preparatory class (tutorial) or study group for ielts in Lagos (Iyana-Ipaja axis preferably). I'm getting distracted studying alone. Thanks.

I don't think you need a preparatory class for IELTS. Download stuffs online to know what to expect in the test. You can try www.ieltsbuddy.com for some tips and sample questions. Good luck

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Samadict(f): 1:56pm On Jun 24, 2017
ElDeeVee:

I don't think you need a preparatory class for IELTS. Download stuffs online to know what to expect in the test. You can try www.ieltsbuddy.com for some tips and sample questions. Good luck
Okay boss. Thanks
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by kudos84: 2:38pm On Jun 30, 2017
Hello house, pls I need IELTS general training questions and answers, any positive response here is high welcomed. Tnx
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by 7stargeneralady: 7:38am On Jul 06, 2017
Good morning, please if the date for ielts writes 0% availability, does that mean the registration is closed for that date. Also please can anyone send me useful materials for general ielts to honeysweet016@gmail.com. Thanks in anticipation
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by nomad26: 8:55am On Jul 06, 2017
Means that date is fully booked.

7stargeneralady:
Good morning, please if the date for ielts writes 0% availability, does that mean the registration is closed for that date. Also please can anyone send me useful materials for general ielts to honeysweet016@gmail.com. Thanks in anticipation
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Misterpaul(m): 1:58am On Jul 08, 2017
I have registered for IELTS (academic) my test day is 12th August. I only have weekends(Saturdays and Sundays) to study and prepare because of i work on week days(mon - Friday)
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by purplish(f): 2:13am On Jul 08, 2017
Misterpaul:
I have registered for IELTS (academic) my test day is 12th August. I only have weekends(Saturdays and Sundays) to study and prepare because of i work on week days(mon - Friday)

We have the same test date...and the same working circumstance! grin Just try your best with the little free time available. I wish you all the best.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Misterpaul(m): 5:03pm On Jul 08, 2017
purplish:

We have the same test date...and the same working circumstance! grin Just try your best with the little free time available. I wish you all the best.
Lol...i wish u the best too. But, to even make out time to study on weekends sef na problem. What material are u studying with?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by purplish(f): 10:22pm On Jul 08, 2017
Misterpaul:

Lol...i wish u the best too. But, to even make out time to study on weekends sef na problem. What material are u studying with?

I am currently preparing with the practice materials on Road to IELTS. Nothing major.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Misterpaul(m): 11:20pm On Jul 08, 2017
purplish:

I am currently preparing with the practice materials on Road to IELTS. Nothing major.
ok...same here.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by wallmosh: 3:42pm On Jul 10, 2017
August 19th.

I downloaded a material online from tailieutienganh.net

Also, go through the thread a link has been shared to get the materials via Dropbox.

Good luck to all
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by 7stargeneralady: 5:36pm On Jul 12, 2017
purplish:

Please can you send road to ielts to my email address honeysweet016@gmail.com. Thanks in anticipation

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (159) (Reply)

2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: / University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates / 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.