Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,944 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. - Education (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. (590300 Views)

JAMB: Share Your Experience / When Is Your Exam Date,time And Name And Score If You Gotten Yours / UNIZIK Post-UME Candidates: What's Your Score? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jul 17, 2017
please someone should help me.I registered last week and followed the step by step payment via bank transfer and sent the receipt online.Yet they cancelled my test in benin due on august 3rd.please what do i do?i have sent mails,yet no response.someone help a sister out.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by ShehuAba(m): 3:45pm On Jul 17, 2017
damkola:
please someone should help me.I registered last week and followed the step by step payment via bank transfer and sent the receipt online.Yet they cancelled my test in benin due on august 3rd.please what do i do?i have sent mails,yet no response.someone help a sister out.

Sorry for your plight.

Well, what I can say on this is that, When I registered mine, I went to the bank to manually pay a draft in favour of the British Council.

From your post above, I doubt it's the same route you followed.

What I'll advise you to do in this case is to call their numbers if you can find them online. That might be more effective than sending mails.

If all that prove abortive, you might contemplate going to the nearest British Council office to explain things to them.

I pray it gets resolved soon
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by 7stargeneralady: 3:05pm On Jul 18, 2017
Please how can I unlock practice test 3 in the listening and reading part of road to ielts. It just stops at practice test 1 and 2
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by 7stargeneralady: 3:07pm On Jul 18, 2017
purplish:

I am currently preparing with the practice materials on Road to IELTS. Nothing major.
Please how did you manage to get to practice test 3 and above for the listening and reading section in road to ielts. Mine doesn't open after section 2
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jul 18, 2017
I have tried contacting them by sending mails,no response.Even the phone number is transferring my call to voicemail.My question is,if payment is only by bank draft,then why put bank transfer means of payment on their registration portal as a medium of payment.This is so not cool.This is supposed to be an international body.I am so disappointed.So after being debited ,am I supposed to fold my arms and wait till whenever they decide to reply my mails.So bad.I work in another state,if not I would easily go to their office.

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by SATIELTSGRETOEF(m): 5:14pm On Jul 18, 2017
I am a seasoned tutor, with lots of experiences in preparing candidates for examinations such as SAT, IELTS, GRE and TOEFL. These examinations usually scare the hell out most candidates but those whom I have tutored have all aced their examinations with ease. There's no need to sing too many songs about myself.

If you live in Warri and its environs and you desire to pass any of these examinations with ease, you don't need to desire any further.

Just get in touch with me on 08174100154 or engrkpob@gmail.com.

Thanks.
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by curllygee: 4:30pm On Jul 20, 2017
damkola:
I have tried contacting them by sending mails,no response.Even the phone number is transferring my call to voicemail.My question is,if payment is only by bank draft,then why put bank transfer means of payment on their registration portal as a medium of payment.This is so not cool.This is supposed to be an international body.I am so disappointed.So after being debited ,am I supposed to fold my arms and wait till whenever they decide to reply my mails.So bad.I work in another state,if not I would easily go to their office.
I did bank transfer and it worked out well. after payment, snap d evidence n email 2 them, they will confirm payment within 48hours. I paid d day i registered so I had 5days 2 play with. if ur 5days elapsed b4 ur confirmation, send dem a mail explaining d situation. U shd see a change in ur account within 2days
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jul 20, 2017
Its gonna be my first time doing this. i am not in anyway agitated. my question is what does the speaking part entails since there are no past question in respect to that. what should i expect. my interview date is 24th of this month. kindly give me insight to what i should prepare for. thanks
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by curllygee: 11:37pm On Jul 20, 2017
Folafikemi:
Its gonna be my first time doing this. i am not in anyway agitated. my question is what does the speaking part entails since there are no past question in respect to that. what should i expect. my interview date is 24th of this month. kindly give me insight to what i should prepare for. thanks
you can watch people's test on speaking via youtube. u can see many likely n past questions on ieltsliz.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by olaadesie(m): 10:37am On Jul 21, 2017
Dewys1:
Kindly send me the material. I will be grateful if you did. Olaolubanky@yahoo.com
thanks
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nobody: 7:33am On Jul 25, 2017
Anybody for 3rd August Exam who has gotten his or her Speaking Test Details?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by olaike: 12:01pm On Jul 25, 2017
I am writing on the 3rd of August. I am eargerly waiting to recieve details of my speaking test date.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by olaike: 3:23pm On Jul 25, 2017
Just got an email advice. Speaking test is on 1st Aug.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by chaiks: 3:29am On Jul 26, 2017
please I heard schools in Canada and Europe don't mandate Nigerians to take ielts .but can taking d ielts help someone aspiring for a full masters scholarship abroad especially in Canada.I don't want to do d GRE.just want to know how taking d ielts can affect my scholarship chances.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by chaiks: 2:56pm On Jul 27, 2017
please anybody here billed to write ielts exam in Enugu?.i am in Onitsha and want to register in a nearby centre.again ,I saw 68000 as d current price of d exam but when I called one of their agents from d number I got online, she said 75000.please put me tru guys.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by cc150615(f): 3:11pm On Jul 27, 2017
chaiks:
please anybody here billed to write ielts exam in Enugu?.i am in Onitsha and want to register in a nearby centre.again ,I saw 68000 as d current price of d exam but when I called one of their agents from d number I got online, she said 75000.please put me tru guys.
Don't call any agent and don't let them scam you. Ielts is 68000, everything you need to know is on the website. Also it's very easy for you to register and pay by yourself, all online. So get to work. Materials will also be provided for you to prepare by British council after you have paid.
I'm sure the 'agent' you called doesn't work for British council.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by chaiks: 3:31pm On Jul 27, 2017
cc150615:

Don't call any agent and don't let them scam you. Ielts is 68000, everything you need to know is on the website. Also it's very easy for you to register and pay by yourself, all online. So get to work. Materials will also be provided for you to prepare by British council after you have paid.
I'm sure the 'agent' you called doesn't work for British council.
thank you well for this.I v been wondering because I saw 68 k online when I googled it.please do you know if they have centre in enugu and whether people do take it there.tnks
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by cc150615(f): 4:30pm On Jul 27, 2017
chaiks:
thank you well for this.I v been wondering because I saw 68 k online when I googled it.please do you know if they have centre in enugu and whether people do take it there.tnks
Go to ielts.britishcouncil.org
All the information you need is there.
I don't know if there's enugu center btw but you'll find that info on the website.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by bodilon5(m): 11:16am On Jul 28, 2017
I will also appreciate materials on IELTS exams

Thank you

[/quote]
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by bodilon5(m): 11:25am On Jul 28, 2017
sunrize:

I would like to get the materials if you dont mind, my email is olabode.adigun@gmail.com. Thanks.

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by mamajaz(f): 10:46pm On Jul 28, 2017
damkola:
How far? Has this issue been resolved? I had same problem, after series of unfruitful calls and mails, I begged somebody in Lagos to go to their oviz with my passport( scanned copy), the evidence of payment. British council now called me to verify some details and I wrote on my chosen date.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Vikisterol: 10:56pm On Jul 28, 2017
olaike:
I am writing on the 3rd of August. I am eargerly waiting to recieve details of my speaking test date.
anybody for Benin city centre who has gotten the email? Pls share the venue, am yet to get mine.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by dwilliams: 12:44am On Jul 29, 2017
damkola:

I am interested in this same exam,I am in Benin and I am yet to apply, yet to study can I still meet up
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nobody: 3:32am On Jul 31, 2017
okay
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Humblega(m): 5:31am On Jul 31, 2017
Pls some1 here need a cheap hotel in ringroad or not too far to there ,where he can pass a night for ielts on wed-thursdaY

Please suggest...
Consideration:

* Price
** closeness to mauve 21 ( a bus/bike to there max)

*** safety/security

Thanks
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by josafunmi: 6:59pm On Jul 31, 2017
Good evening.
I registered for IELTS yesterday and payed via bank transfer. as requested, I tried to send the screenshot of the transfer to the mail provided.
But this is the response I'm getting.

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

ngielts.payment@britishcouncil.org
The recipient's mailbox is full and can't accept messages now. Please try resending this message later, or contact the recipient directly.

please what do i do?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Misterpaul(m): 11:41pm On Jul 31, 2017
[img][/img]
Folafikemi:
Hi..How was ur test, i hope it went well.
I'm getting ready for mine on the 12th of August.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Misterpaul(m): 11:48pm On Jul 31, 2017
Misterpaul:

Lol...i wish u the best too. But, to even make out time to study on weekends sef na problem. What material are u studying with?

Hello...How's ur preparation going?..For me, i hv not even used up 50% of the free road to ielts practice. I have been too lazy lately.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by chaiks: 3:38pm On Aug 03, 2017
abidex0z:

every schools in the USA request for TOEFL or any equivalent,but there are some schools n colleges that it's ENGLISH proficiency is optional....whereby u write your admission officer in order to defend Nigeria as an ENGLISH speaking in order to waive it for you with documentation in case if us consul ask for a waiver letter...I got a cousin that deals with us n Canada schools n college.... his friend is presently in Virginia for his masters...
please is it possible for one to get into Canadian school for masters without ielts and GRE and still get funding for liberal arts courses.I v a letter from my school for English proficiency. but d idea of GRE scares.besides,am emphasizing on funding for masters in courses like international relations,international development studies.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Atdp: 4:25pm On Aug 03, 2017
hello guys,
please i intend going for my Msc in chemistry in a canadian university.i had a GPA of 3.49 on a scale of 5.0. I actually need a total breakdown of what and what is needed for a succesful admisssion processing. Thanks
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by abidex0z(m): 11:32pm On Aug 03, 2017
chaiks:
please is it possible for one to get into Canadian school for masters without ielts and GRE and still get funding for liberal arts courses.I v a letter from my school for English proficiency. but d idea of GRE scares.besides,am emphasizing on funding for masters in courses like international relations,international development studies.
it depends on the sch n besides you dnt need to be apprehensive towards GRE,always be optimistic n make Ur research online,base on the type of English test in which you are given,not all schs in Canada or us request for English test e.g Concordia college in the USA is a private college and their English test is optional n they also give out scholarship...
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by chaiks: 8:17am On Aug 04, 2017
abidex0z:
it depends on the sch n besides you dnt need to be apprehensive towards GRE,always be optimistic n make Ur research online,base on the type of English test in which you are given,not all schs in Canada or us request for English test e.g Concordia college in the USA is a private college and their English test is optional n they also give out scholarship...
tnks for replying.its just that the GRE requires enough time for one to prepare well to pass it.for the English test,I v registered already.am just trying to see if a good score in that together with other documents can help me get funded for masters in Canada even if its a low tier school.

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (159) (Reply)

2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: / University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates / 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.