Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,862 members, 7,813,944 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:18 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (270) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (866630 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:24am On Jan 05, 2015
profojah:

Amen!!!...thanks my Oga
When are u flying?......
when I secure wings. I hope you can timpa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Femicrux: 10:28am On Jan 05, 2015
boofydon:
Hello house, please can I use my student's copy of my transcript to start my bsc reult evaluation?

Email the grad school and your department to find out. I started my admissions application with a scanned copy of my unofficial transcript. Some universities permit you to wait until an admission offer is made, before needing to see your official transcripts.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by boofydon: 10:40am On Jan 05, 2015
Femicrux:

Email the grad school and your department to find out. I started my admissions application with a scanned copy of my unofficial transcript. Some universities permit you to wait until an admission offer is made, before needing to see your official transcripts.
ok! Thanks for your reply.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Larminess: 10:42am On Jan 05, 2015
Thanks for d quick reply bro.
I believe I have strong home ties back home,I was advised to go back home n apply, cuz In my previous appearance the VO told me I ought to have stayed here years before applying initially cuz I was just 8months old then n applying from naija will give me an edge cuz I UAE would stand as travelling experience.
GboyegaD:

The B1/B2 shouldn't affect your F1 decision since you are applying for Fall and time must have passed from your last appearance at the embassy.
More so, why do you have to come to Nigeria to apply since you have your necessary papers to live and work in Dubai for now?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Teamo2(f): 12:19pm On Jan 05, 2015
Sent u a pm @slimmy05
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jan 05, 2015
Teamo2:
Sent u a pm @slimmy05
I replied. Send it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jan 05, 2015
slimmy05:
[/b]when I secure wings[b] .I hope you can timpa
Lol grin...Slimmy the comedian
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by ttmacoy: 2:26pm On Jan 05, 2015
Hi,

This is a very tricky situation because if the embassy know your husband is a resident, your visa will most likely be rejected as they will see you as a potential immigrant.

One option is to exclude the fact your husband is a resident and maybe say you are single to get your student visa. Risk is will it impact your application for residency later on?

I am leaning towards the fact that it should not have an impact especially if you are yet to do the church wedding etc, but those who think/know otherwise are free to chip in.

If you are successful with the student visa then he can submit form I1-30 for you in the states for your green card which may take up to 3 years.

zesweedie:
Hello Everyone,
Ok so I have plans to study in the US. And before I go any further, one thing to note in my case is that my husband is a permanent resident of the US. I also want to note that hes' attained this status for only about Six months. We got married at the registry when he visited Nigeria last month and plan to do both traditional and church weddings by his next visit in three months.
I'm(we) just wondering, If I succeed through the admission process of the institution I intend going to... and note in my visa application that my husband is resident in the states, with the conditions I have mentioned above I have a feeling that this would either be good for my application or just kill it.
Please advice me on how to make this work. Your input would be invaluable and of immense help.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jan 05, 2015
So where is the place of being honest that is continuously being preached on this thread? Abi no be blatant lie be this?
ttmacoy:
Hi,

This is a very tricky situation because if the embassy know your husband is a resident, your visa will most likely be rejected as they will see you as a potential immigrant.

One option is to exclude the fact your husband is a resident and maybe say you are single to get your student visa. Risk is will it impact your application for residency later on?

I am leaning towards the fact that it should not have an impact especially if you are yet to do the church wedding etc, but those who think/know otherwise are free to chip in.

If you are successful with the student visa then he can submit form I1-30 for you in the states for your green card which may take up to 3 years.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by justwise(m): 2:34pm On Jan 05, 2015
ttmacoy:
Hi,

Are you deliberately trying to get somebody in a trouble or what? This is dangerous advice and very very unreasonable thing to do.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by seangy4konji: 3:09pm On Jan 05, 2015
Honesty pays.no short cuts.
sirRiddy:
So where is the place of being honest that is continuously being preached on this thread? Abi no be blatant lie be this?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jan 05, 2015
Teamo2:
Sent u a pm @slimmy05
you need to keep tabs on your email and respond pronto. Lol. Sent you an email. You will fuel my gen o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Classicalmusic: 4:51pm On Jan 05, 2015
ttmacoy:
Hi,

Hello, your advice is a drawback and would put her visa application in jeopardy.

Honesty is the key. She should tell the truth if question about her honey's whereabouts arises. She should also try to get a Scholarship or Funding in order to increase her chances more.

In a nutshell, I strongly believe she'll get her visa easily.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by biikeys(m): 5:20pm On Jan 05, 2015
ttmacoy:
Hi,

zesweedie don't put yourself in a corner. Do your best to enhance your application with documents/good scores/very good schools, and be completely truthful. It may be tricky, but since your husband has not yet started your green card process(I'm guessing), it shouldn't be as tricky...Pray as well. Like some people have mentioned on this thread, sometimes it's not all about showing home ties. Your profile weighs more.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zesweedie: 5:27pm On Jan 05, 2015
ttmacoy:
Hi,

Thanks so much for ur input, it is very much appreciated. I see this whole thing like a chess game and that's how I know that tricks are a good game stunt, but Im guessing it won't hurt to just be true to them on everything because besides me portraying myself as a potential immigrant if I tell them the truth, I know that they have a tradition of not wanting to intentionally keep a family apart, and in my case I'm gonna be investing in education. I'm just saying though...

So many ppl lie their way through and end up as immigrants so I kinda think it'll pay to be sincere to them. It's something they already know. I'll just put it in prayers.
Thanks again for ur taking time to respond to me. This whole thing just dey confuse my whole body these days but God dey
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zesweedie: 5:31pm On Jan 05, 2015
biikeys:

zesweedie don't put yourself in a corner. Do your best to enhance your application with documents/good scores/very good schools, and be completely truthful. It may be tricky, but since your husband has not yet started your green card process(I'm guessing), it shouldn't be as tricky...Pray as well. Like some people have mentioned on this thread, sometimes it's not all about showing home ties. Your profile weighs more.
You are so right. I just needed to have more inputs(ideas) before I really dive in on the whole thing. I appreciate your response a great deal. Thanks so much
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zesweedie: 5:38pm On Jan 05, 2015
foohard:
I was in a similar but worse situation when I applied for student visa and the visa was still issued.. My 2cents advice, do not lie to them.

Thank u so much
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by olenime(m): 7:29pm On Jan 05, 2015
Pls house, whr is the place to register for Toefl and Gre test? How much does it cost?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Femicrux: 9:24pm On Jan 05, 2015
Who knows whether Zenith bank MasterCard ATM does work on ATM machines in the US?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jan 05, 2015
Femicrux:
Who knows whether Zenith bank MasterCard ATM does work on ATM machines in the US?

it works. Just use an ATM that accepts MasterCard...
Cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Femicrux: 10:14pm On Jan 05, 2015
c4ccharlz:

it works. Just use an ATM that accepts MasterCard...
Cheers!

Do you know of the charges?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 10:37pm On Jan 05, 2015
Femicrux:
It does
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 10:37pm On Jan 05, 2015
Femicrux:

Do you know of the charges?
Charges depends on the current exchange rate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Femicrux: 2:57am On Jan 06, 2015
zeezahbee:

Sent you PM
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Femicrux: 3:26am On Jan 06, 2015
I heard that it is not compulsory to subscribe to health insurance offered by your schools. Pls, who knows if there are insurance firms in the US that offer cheaper alternatives?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:29am On Jan 06, 2015
I also need a better insurance scheme. My school charges 1600usd for insurance. Well if it's good at that price then no problem. Imperiouxx, you're the insurance scheme expert.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by teddyrain(m): 3:30am On Jan 06, 2015
zeezahbee:
hello what's your phone number we gotta talk now. I will pm you now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Amerinancy(f): 3:54am On Jan 06, 2015
Amefrica:

Not bad at all. cheesy Happy New Year in advance.
same to you hun.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bigfrancis21: 4:18am On Jan 06, 2015
Femicrux:
I heard that it is not compulsory to subscribe to health insurance offered by your schools. Pls, who knows if there are insurance firms in the US that offer cheaper alternatives?

That's very true. Health insurance plan for graduate students isn't compulsory. If you're not used to falling sick easily in Nigeria except to malaria and typhoid - sicknesses which can be prevented, you'll be fine here as there are no malaria-carrying mosquitoes here and the food + water are clean to prevent you from having typhoid. The equivalent of malaria here is the cold/flu which is easily treatable by flu medications at the pharmacy. I strongly recommend that you treat yourself for latent malaria and typhoid before you leave Nigeria. Take artesunate (for malaria) + amoxil/ampicilin tablets (for typhoid) to treat yourself for latent sicknesses that could surface much later after you've arrived here, which would be quite bad, especially for malaria as there are no malaria drugs here. I treated myself for latent malaria + typhoid about a week before I left Nigeria.

In addition, take the necessary shots as required by your school. The shots will help build your defenses to protect you from those diseases here.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Amerinancy(f): 4:37am On Jan 06, 2015
Mckenziiiii:
Off to Chicago by train
where in chicago are you?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by foohard: 5:12am On Jan 06, 2015
Amerinancy:
where in chicago are you?

Where in Chicago are you Amerinancy? I am in far north - Rogers Park.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by foohard: 5:28am On Jan 06, 2015
It is nice to know you are willing to help yourself. LYING DOESNT HELP

My response then was too abstract.. Let me be specific about my situation so you will know you are kind of better off.

When I applied for student VISA, my interview date was 30th of June, 2013. My wife already filed i-130 for me since April and I knew quite well that it is against the law to issue a non-immigrant visa to someone with a pending immigrant petition. I filled my DS-160 truthfully, and I went for the interview.

Luckily for me, the visa officer did not even ask about my wife at all and my VISA was granted (See my interview transcript). You are in a better position cos you don't have a pending petition. That said, you should know you don't have any reason to lie. I understand why you should be concerned cos I felt worse then but everything will be fine.

I know another girl that her mum is a citizen and she also got a student VISA. Though, she had strong home ties (Husband and 2 kids). Regardless, I know saying the truth will be helpful if not for your student visa.. it wont hurt your i-130 in the future.

Note: i-130 does not take 3 years, mine took only 5 months while some even get approved earlier than that.

zesweedie:

Thanks so much for ur input, it is very much appreciated. I see this whole thing like a chess game and that's how I know that tricks are a good game stunt, but Im guessing it won't hurt to just be true to them on everything because besides me portraying myself as a potential immigrant if I tell them the truth, I know that they have a tradition of not wanting to intentionally keep a family apart, and in my case I'm gonna be investing in education. I'm just saying though...

So many ppl lie their way through and end up as immigrants so I kinda think it'll pay to be sincere to them. It's something they already know. I'll just put it in prayers.
Thanks again for ur taking time to respond to me. This whole thing just dey confuse my whole body these days but God dey

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.