Stats: 3,152,027 members, 7,814,509 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (272) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (866793 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by biikeys(m): 4:23pm On Jan 06, 2015
slimmy05:
mine is whooping 1600usd. That's crazy Abeg. Which kind thing be that one and they asterisked it meaning it's mandatory. Nonsense, even my company HMO here I've not used it.

They just want to enjoy my free 1600usd.

Meanwhile check if you can get a waiver...you might save yourself some money..except you don't mind though
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by realshel: 4:51pm On Jan 06, 2015
Guru in d house, is Northwestern University a red flag?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zesweedie: 5:20pm On Jan 06, 2015
foohard:
It is nice to know you are willing to help yourself. LYING DOESNT HELP

My response then was too abstract.. Let me be specific about my situation so you will know you are kind of better off.

When I applied for student VISA, my interview date was 30th of June, 2013. My wife already filed i-130 for me since April and I knew quite well that it is against the law to issue a non-immigrant visa to someone with a pending immigrant petition. I filled my DS-160 truthfully, and I went for the interview.

Luckily for me, the visa officer did not even ask about my wife at all and my VISA was granted (See my interview transcript). You are in a better position cos you don't have a pending petition. That said, you should know you don't have any reason to lie. I understand why you should be concerned cos I felt worse then but everything will be fine.

I know another girl that her mum is a citizen and she also got a student VISA. Though, she had strong home ties (Husband and 2 kids). Regardless, I know saying the truth will be helpful if not for your student visa.. it wont hurt your i-130 in the future.

Note: i-130 does not take 3 years, mine took only 5 months while some even get approved earlier than that.

I want to thank you immensely for ur advice and explanations. I think that haven read through most responses that I have received and the experiences shared with me like urs, I am more confident now than ever that I will make it through this process and come out of that embassy with a broad smile on my face. As time goes on I'll let u guys in on the info as to how far I've gone. Thanks once again.. & God bless u.
Happy New Year!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by landuseact: 5:21pm On Jan 06, 2015
zeezahbee:
$744 , that's way too much. Is that insurance from your school fee or a private insurance. Plus is it for a year or just spring semester
it's from the school and its mandatory ( they kept repeating this as if it was a Christmas jingle). It's not just for the spring semester though. @slimmy05, i flew with delta airlines. That will be my very last time of flying with them, not only were my bags delayed but the baggage officials were just so indifferent while attending to passengers. i was sent a survey to fill from delta airlines via email about my experience. You can just imagine the way i kept ticking 'poor' for all the questions asked.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Mckenziiiii: 6:48pm On Jan 06, 2015
Amerinancy:
where in chicago are you?
East madison but heading to Indiana
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Femicrux: 6:51pm On Jan 06, 2015
biikeys:

smiley It's mandatory as far as I know..the good thing is that you get some "free" vaccines which cost quite a bit out of campus.

Vaccines like what and what?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Amerinancy(f): 7:04pm On Jan 06, 2015
Mckenziiiii:
ok we could hook up and you could get a kiss wink

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by mcfarlin(m): 9:30pm On Jan 06, 2015
realshel:

Nope it shouldn't be matter of fact it should be a good option.

Besides are you going for graduate or undergraduate?

Their undergraduate requirements are much
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Mckenziiiii: 10:19pm On Jan 06, 2015
Amerinancy:
ok we could hook up and you could get a kiss wink
Nice one
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by richard4ssky: 10:24pm On Jan 06, 2015
Please want to find out if dey request 4 statement of account in P.O.E
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by foohard: 10:32pm On Jan 06, 2015
Amerinancy:
I'm in the south but I'm currently in california with my boyfriend spending vacation but i will be back on saturday honie wink

Enjoy your vacation and have a safe trip back...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by curiobling: 10:35pm On Jan 06, 2015
slimmy05:
shocked Wow, that's pretty expensive. Now, I will value my employer here. For years now I don't know how recharge cards looks like. I have enough data and airtime. I even give out my cloned line for my peeps to call and browse. They will really miss all the freebies. Now I will pay dearly for it.

Even my friends abroad I call them like am making local calls.
slimmy,how can i rock dis like u used to mehn,stil in naija 4now dnt mind ur tips bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by foohard: 10:37pm On Jan 06, 2015
It surely takes a lil longer because of VISA number availability. You would have to do your math. if he still have a year or more to become a citizen, then file your papers now because it wont take up to a year for you to get your GC most likely.. but if he has less than 6 months to become a citizen and your own student visa still valid for over a year.. then, waiting will not hurt you.

zeezahbee:
Do you have any idea how long it take for a permanent residence to file for a student. I mean through marriage. I learned it takes long for the I-130 and I-485 get through. Someone told me he needs to wait to be a citizen so it can be faster
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by foohard: 10:38pm On Jan 06, 2015
Do you mean Northwestern University in Illinois?

realshel:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by foohard: 10:40pm On Jan 06, 2015
You are most welcome... I got this same help here when I was in your shoes. I wish you best of luck and Happy New Year to you too.

zesweedie:

I want to thank you immensely for ur advice and explanations. I think that haven read through most responses that I have received and the experiences shared with me like urs, I am more confident now than ever that I will make it through this process and come out of that embassy with a broad smile on my face. As time goes on I'll let u guys in on the info as to how far I've gone. Thanks once again.. & God bless u.
Happy New Year!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jan 06, 2015
Thanks bro.
slimmy05:
Here is about I-cap:http://www.wes.org/educators/icap.asp
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by foohard: 10:41pm On Jan 06, 2015
Hope you are dressing warm sha? Madison is freaking cold my oga.

Mckenziiiii:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by landuseact: 12:45am On Jan 07, 2015
The cold for dekalb this morning no be here o!somehow somehow after doig some important stuffs i went to take a tour of the gym. I had walked around with this talk dark and fine dude dt was one of the trainers there only for him to turn to me at the end of the tour and ask if i was nigerian. He is a nigerian guy, yoruba for that matter but he moved since he was 8 so accent don thick well well. But he said he could speak yoruba sha. It was really nice.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Mckenziii(m): 4:52am On Jan 07, 2015
foohard:
Hope you are dressing warm sha? Madison is freaking cold my oga.

No be small cold my brova,when I got to indiana,I wan dey cry,we got to indiana @ d middle of d night and the hotel I made reservation is abt 30mins walk,I started pulling my box,snow wind. Yaaay
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:08am On Jan 07, 2015
curiobling:
slimmy,how can i rock dis like u used to mehn,stil in naija 4now dnt mind ur tips bro
lol, I work with a telecoms coy so I get credited with airtime and data.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:09am On Jan 07, 2015
landuseact:
The cold for dekalb this morning no be here o!somehow somehow after doig some important stuffs i went to take a tour of the gym. I had walked around with this talk dark and fine dude dt was one of the trainers there only for him to turn to me at the end of the tour and ask if i was nigerian. He is a nigerian guy, yoruba for that matter but he moved since he was 8 so accent don thick well well. But he said he could speak yoruba sha. It was really nice.
see bonding

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by curiobling: 5:29am On Jan 07, 2015
slimmy05:
lol, I work with a telecoms coy so I get credited with airtime and data.
oh i see thats reminds of MTS those days how i call for free too cos my gf dad was a staff
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:41am On Jan 07, 2015
House, please I intend taking along some drugs like malaria and thyroid drugs. I hope its accepted at poe
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:42am On Jan 07, 2015
curiobling:
oh i see thats reminds of MTS those days how i call for free too cos my gf dad was a staff
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by biikeys(m): 5:47am On Jan 07, 2015
slimmy05:
House, please I intend taking along some drugs like malaria and thyroid drugs. I hope its accepted at poe

I had some medication on me when I came in..it shouldn't be a problem, once it's not in large quantities.BTW they interpret 'drugs' differently here smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:05am On Jan 07, 2015
biikeys:

I had some medication on me when I came in..it shouldn't be a problem, once it's not in large quantities.BTW they interpret 'drugs' differently here smiley
thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:05am On Jan 07, 2015
Exxy, nothing from that your friend o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:13am On Jan 07, 2015
slimmy05:
Exxy, nothing from that your friend o

Baba oo, when you dey come over here? cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by aberyomi09(m): 7:32am On Jan 07, 2015
Hey guys I need your input, am a graduate of Microbiology (2.89/5.0), I did TOEFL in July 2013 witha score of 92, due to my low CGPA, thinking I might find a grad school to offer me admission difficult, I wanna process an UnderG abmission probably in Biotechnology or Public Health... already googled some schools on Biotech (Minnesota State Uni, Mankato) a great choice....your candid advice would be appreciated.
I work as a Quality Inspector in a Multinational Coy and I am 23yrs old.......though I sometimes wonder if UG is really worth it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 7:50am On Jan 07, 2015
aberyomi09:
Hey guys I need your input, am a graduate of Microbiology (2.89/5.0), I did TOEFL in July 2013 witha score of 92, due to my low CGPA, thinking I might find a grad school to offer me admission difficult, I wanna process an UnderG abmission probably in Biotechnology or Public Health... already googled some schools on Biotech (Minnesota State Uni, Mankato) a great choice....your candid advice would be appreciated.
I work as a Quality Inspector in a Multinational Coy and I am 23yrs old.......though I sometimes wonder if UG is really worth it

With your CGPA you can get admission for Msc.. Try and write Gre too
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by amen1967: 8:01am On Jan 07, 2015
Anybody going for phd, please identify by raising up ur hand
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:00am On Jan 07, 2015
Amefrica:

Baba oo, when you dey come over here? cheesy
I dey ojuelegba airport, no bike set go tennessee.

(1) (2) (3) ... (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa