Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,510 members, 7,826,936 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up - Religion (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up (21056 Views)

The Solemnnity Of Christ The King, All Catholics Please Stand Up!!! / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Maykelly(f): 9:47am On Jul 31, 2009
we cannot let go this thread grin the first shall be the last grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Maykelly(f): 12:10pm On Aug 11, 2009
believe me am doing this for Seun.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Maykelly(f): 9:52am On Aug 31, 2009
in remembrance of our Colleagues cheesy
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Pamperme: 8:11pm On Sep 01, 2009
Glory to Jesus

Honour to Mary cheesy
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Carlosein(m): 10:53pm On Oct 02, 2009
~Lady~:

Ok why has everyone disappeared?

Not disappeared, on retreat.

Dominus Vobiscum!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Omenuko(m): 2:01pm On Oct 03, 2009
Greetings to everyone,

Glory to our Lord Jesus, Honor to the Blessed Virgin Mary!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Carlosein(m): 10:13am On Oct 04, 2009
Omenuko:

Greetings to everyone,

Glory to our Lord Jesus, Honor to the Blessed Virgin Mary!

Hope you are doing great. October devotion has begun in earnest.

Dominus Vobiscum.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Nobody: 3:00pm On Oct 04, 2009
@calorsein

longest time where have u been ?
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Carlosein(m): 6:48pm On Oct 06, 2009
chukwudi man, i've been around.

reading from the sides can be fun too you know cool

how are u doing too?
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Carlosein(m): 4:02pm On Oct 07, 2009
Dominus Vobiscum!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Maykelly(f): 9:53am On Oct 08, 2009
Thanks anyway, our friends are back! grin
no disappear no retreat grin grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Carlosein(m): 6:07pm On Oct 08, 2009
Yesterday was the feast of Our Lady of the Rosary.

Sancta Maria, spes nostra, ora pro nobis!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by verycute: 10:48am On Oct 12, 2009
it is very difficult to convert a catholic to christianity. Very easy to convert a Jehova witness and muslims. But to make a catholic become a christian, its a 1 yrs prayers work.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Carlosein(m): 4:30pm On Oct 13, 2009
Today is the 13th day of the october devotion. Hope we all remember our Rosaries and to offer them for
many of our various intentions.

Our Lady of Fatima, pray for us.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Omenuko(m): 4:59pm On Oct 13, 2009
verycute:

it is very difficult to convert a catholic to christianity. Very easy to convert a Jehova witness and muslims. But to make a catholic become a christian, its a 1 yrs prayers work.

My friend, Catholics are Christians.  With this in mind, how can you convert a Catholic (i.e., a Christian) to a Christian? Maybe you meant, it is very difficult to convert a Catholic to one of the thousands of protestant sects/denominations.  You should concentrate on doing your 1 yr prayer works on bringing unbelievers to Christ, instead of faithful Catholics.

Carlosein:

Today is the 13th day of the october devotion. Hope we all remember our Rosaries and to offer them for
many of our various intentions.

Our Lady of Fatima, pray for us.

Carlosein, thanks for the reminder.  I must confess, I haven't been following the October devotion.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Nobody: 8:20pm On Oct 13, 2009
verycute:

I have said i that If protetants especially pentecostals devote 10% of the time he spent fighting catholics to preach to non-christians ,the world today will have a higher christian population
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by verycute: 10:56pm On Oct 13, 2009
Ok, why is it that catholics do not do what is in the bible like other christians. Why do they worship idols and images, pls someone tell me, can any catholic make haven
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by MrCrackles(m): 10:58pm On Oct 13, 2009
Amen. . .
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Omenuko(m): 2:32pm On Oct 14, 2009
verycute:

Ok, why is it that catholics do not do what is in the bible like other christians. Why do they worship idols and images, pls someone tell me, can any catholic make haven

Catholics do not worship idols and images.  The teachings of the Church come from the Bible and from Tradition.  Show me where Catholics are taught to worship statues and images.  Every Catholic, just like every human being, is given the opportunity (by way of our Lord Jesus Christ) to make heaven.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Carlosein(m): 6:52pm On Oct 14, 2009
Omenuko:

Carlosein, thanks for the reminder.  I must confess, I haven't been following the October devotion.

Most of us haven't been, considering the constraint of work and what not.

But we can all still pray our rosaries wherever we are. At least 5 decades daily.

Ave Maria!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Nobody: 8:25pm On Oct 14, 2009
@verycute

I would advise u to direct ur energies to cleansing the rot going on today in the protestant churches especially the penteco$tal$ who worship money.

Go and direct ur energies to the likes of pro$perity preacher4 like creflo Dollar,Mattew Ashimolowo e.tc who teach nothing but criminal heresies like tithe$,prosperity preachings to their hypnotised members
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Carlosein(m): 8:03pm On Oct 15, 2009
The rosary is the weapon for today. Pray it daily.

Dominus Vobiscum!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Arlington(f): 2:47pm On Oct 16, 2009
Hello
The Feast of Saint Jude is the 28th of october please try and Join the 9 day novena from the 17th to the 25th of october.
Try Saint jude he always Intercedes and never fails !!Pray to St. Jude during the Solemn Novena

Dear Friend of St. Jude,

I want to remind you that it’s not too late to send your intentions for the Solemn Novena to St. Jude that runs through October 25th at the National Shrine of St. Jude. St. Jude calls us all to experience the intercessory power of Novena prayer in our lives.

I also want to remind you to join the faithful in prayer, meditation, and song during the Solemn Novena Mass filmed at the National Shrine of St. Jude.

Today I have sent you all nine days of prayer in one message. Please save or print this message and return to it each day of the Solemn Novena to St. Jude.

DAY 1 -- Saturday, October 17
Today we center ourselves in peace as we begin nine days of Solemn Novena healing prayer. St. Jude listens to our prayers, and offers us hope when we become weary.

Intention to St. Jude
St. Jude, I enter this Novena pleading for your intercession. May my daily prayer bring intercession for my special intentions.

Prayer to St. Jude
Pray for me, I am so helpless and alone. Make use, I implore you, of that particular privilege given to you, to bring visible and speedy help where help is almost despaired of.

Come to my assistance in this great need that I may receive the consolation and help of heaven in all my necessities, tribulations, and sufferings, particularly (here make your request) and that I may praise God with you and all the elect forever.

I promise, O blessed St. Jude, to be ever mindful of this great favor, to always honor you as my special and powerful patron, and to gratefully encourage devotion to you. Amen.

DAY 2 -- Sunday, October 18
On this 29th Sunday of Ordinary Time, we come together in prayer with a special healing intention to St. Jude.

Intention to St. Jude
St. Jude, my fears at times get the best of me. Calm my heart so that I might better trust in the God who loves and comforts me.

Prayer to St. Jude
Pray for me, I am so helpless and alone. Make use, I implore you, of that particular privilege given to you, to bring visible and speedy help where help is almost despaired of.

Come to my assistance in this great need that I may receive the consolation and help of heaven in all my necessities, tribulations, and sufferings, particularly (here make your request) and that I may praise God with you and all the elect forever.

I promise, O blessed St. Jude, to be ever mindful of this great favor, to always honor you as my special and powerful patron, and to gratefully encourage devotion to you. Amen.

DAY 3 -- Monday, October 19
Today we remember all those who suffer as we begin the third of nine days of Solemn Novena prayer to St. Jude.

Intention to St. Jude
St. Jude, the leper believed in the power of Jesus to heal him. Give me strength in faith. Help me believe that Jesus makes me strong where I am weakest.

Prayer to St. Jude

DAY 4 -- Tuesday, October 20
On this fourth of nine days of Solemn Novena prayer we celebrate St. Paul of the Cross as we join together in the belief that there is power in praying with and for one another’s petitions.

Intention to St. Jude
St. Jude, forgiveness can be so hard for me. Pray for me, that I may forgive others today, as I hope to be forgiven for my weaknesses.

Prayer to St. Jude

DAY 5 -- Wednesday, October 21
Today we begin the fifth of nine days of Solemn Novena prayer with St. Jude. This day we remember all those for whom we have promised to pray.

Intention to St. Jude
St. Jude, I pray for the poor. May those who go without food today be filled, and may the sick find comfort.

Prayer to St. Jude

DAY 6 -- Thursday, October 22
Today we begin the sixth of nine days of Solemn Novena prayer, as we offer our petitions together. We recognize how our Novena to St. Jude makes us stronger in all kinds of ways.

Intention to St. Jude
Throughout your days, St. Jude, you remained faithful to the truths you learned at the side of Jesus. Bless me with courage, faith, and hope. Help me to tune out the distractions of the world to make this time of prayer meaningful.

Prayer to St. Jude

DAY 7 -- Friday, October 23
Today we give ourselves over to trust in God as we begin the seventh of nine days of Solemn Novena prayer to St. Jude.

Intention to St. Jude
St. Jude, God’s love for me is greater than I can imagine. Help me to trust God’s goodness, to let go and give myself to His will.

Prayer to St. Jude

DAY 8 -- Saturday, October 24
Today we celebrate the birth of St. Anthony Claret, founder of the Claretian Missionaries, as we begin the eighth of nine days of Solemn Novena prayer to St. Jude.

Intention to St. Jude
St. Jude, I believe that Jesus saves. With your companionship, I have hope for healing of all that ails me and my loved ones, especially the unrest of our minds and hearts.

Prayer to St. Jude

DAY 9 -- Sunday, August 30
On this 30th Sunday of Ordinary Time we begin the ninth and final day of Solemn Novena prayer with an intention to St. Jude. We are so grateful for the opportunity we have had to offer our petitions to St. Jude.

Intention to St. Jude
St. Jude, with confidence, hope, and a grateful heart I conclude these nine days of healing prayer. Bring hope in the midst of suffering. Help me to retain the hope in our Lord that sustained you in your earthly life. On this final day of the Novena, give me the courage to follow Christ wherever He leads.

Prayer to St. Jude

Yours in hope,

Father Mark Brummel, C.M.F.
Director, National Shrine of St. Jude
Send your petition to be remembered during the Solemn Novena »
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Carlosein(m): 5:33pm On Oct 16, 2009
^^^^ bookmarking the above.

Thanks Arlington.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by AMIRACH: 9:51am On Apr 27, 2010
Glory to Jesus and Honour to Mary, am so happy to find a thread for Catholics, a true Catholic is one who knows, live and act on the word of God. Because its only when you know the bible very well that you can understand what the church teaches and be able to stand on and defend your faith to protestants and teach them to know the truth of who God is.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by karo93: 10:06am On Apr 27, 2010
^^^^^^^are you insinuating that protestants dont know the truth about who God is or am i missing something?i guess you meant to post 'who mary is' for only that can makes sense.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by chakula: 12:14pm On Apr 27, 2010
Jesus is NOT God.See here, Luke 10:22 "
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Carlosein(m): 12:23pm On Apr 30, 2010
AMIRACH:

Glory to Jesus and Honour to Mary, am so happy to find a thread for Catholics, a true Catholic is one who knows, live and act on the word of God. Because its only when you know the bible very well that you can understand what the church teaches and be able to stand on and defend your faith to protestants and teach them to know the truth of who God is.

welcome amirach, this is a very old thread and you should not be upset if most of the folks don't show frequently.
then again, you can pick up the gauntlet and set the pace (a cursory look at older posts gives the general outline/motive).

welcome again!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Carlosein(m): 2:46am On May 03, 2010
hi everyone, may devotion has begun in earnest.

let's join the bandwagon to send a glorious bouquet of Aves to the Queen of may for all our intentions.

Dominus Vobiscun!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by italo: 3:21pm On May 03, 2010
Ave Maria!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by R4Jesus: 3:23am On Jun 07, 2010
here are some things about the catholic chuch
1) the whole idea of purgatory. there is no such place

2)there should be no images of Jesus in a church
here's why, its making an image of him that could no way equal to what his true image is like
imagine for a second that you called an artist to paint a picture of you and when he was finished the picture looked nothing like you, would you not be insulted. in the same manner you create images of jesus and then cause that picture to be imprinted in people's minds that that is what Jesus looks like

3) praying to mary
Nowhere in the bible says that you should pray to mary. It says in the bible that there is only one mediator between us and God and that is Jesus Christ. What then is the point of saying the rosary or even more praying to mary.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up by Omenuko(m): 12:12pm On Jun 07, 2010
R4Jesus:

here are some things about the catholic chuch
1) the whole idea of purgatory. there is no such place

Purgatory does exist. 

1 Cor. 3:10-15: According to the grace  of God that is given to me, as a wise architect, I have laid the foundation: and another builds thereon. But let every man take heed how he builds thereupon. 11 For other foundation no man can lay, but that which is laid: which is Christ Jesus. 12 Now, if any man build upon this foundation, gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble: 13 Every man's work shall be manifest. For the day of the Lord shall declare it, because it shall be revealed in fire. And the fire shall try every man's work, of what sort it is. 14 If any man's work abide, which he has built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 15 If any man's work burn, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved, yet so as by fire.

2)there should be no images of Jesus in a church
here's why, its making an image of him that could no way equal to what his true image is like
imagine for a second that you called an artist to paint a picture of you and when he was finished the picture looked nothing like you, would you not be insulted. in the same manner you create images of jesus and then cause that picture to be imprinted in people's minds that that is what Jesus looks like

Although the making of Jesus' image may cause some to think that that particular image is the true image of Jesus Christ, this is not the intended purpose of religious icons.  The purpose of any religious image in Catholicism is not to create an exact photocopy of the person it represents, instead they are used to recall the person or thing depicted (i.e., Jesus Christ).  Since God came down to us in human form it is ok to create depictions of him.  I understand your argument against doing this, but can you use the Bible to prove why doing this is wrong.

3) praying to mary
Nowhere in the bible says that you should pray to mary. It says in the bible that there is only one mediator between us and God and that is Jesus Christ. What then is the point of saying the rosary or even more praying to mary.

The point of praying to Mary (or any other saint) is to ask them to intercede on our behalf to Jesus.  You are correct in saying that there is only one mediator between us and God (namely Jesus Christ), but it sounds like you don't fully understand what that means.  Can you better explain your understanding of that passage.  Because in the Bible it asks us to pray/intercede for one another.  As such, in Catholicism we have the "communion of saints", whereby all the members of Christ's Church intercede for other members of his body.  Also, rosary is just a prayer to better reflect on the mysteries of the Gospel.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Christ Embassy Pastor, Chris Oyakhilome In $35million Money Laundering Scam / Sallah Ram: Man Hangs Self Over Lack Of Money To Buy Ram / Bishop Oyedepo: "A Christian Can Lose His Salvation"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.