Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,154 members, 7,818,495 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

Can You Marry A Non-graduate? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry A Non-graduate? (3211 Views)

Why Is It That In Nigeria Graduate Marry Graduate&non-graduate Date Non-graduate / Nairalanders, What's Your View On A Graduate Marrying A Non-graduate / Can You Marry A Non-graduate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Marry A Non-graduate? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Aug 24, 2014
People often say it doesn't matter who you marry,where you marry or what you marry. The question is simple and straight... Can you marry a non-graduate especially if you are a graduate? I need ladies to contribute more as this will help a female friend. We all have different opinion as it concerns mariage so please let's contribute and please with facts....
Re: Can You Marry A Non-graduate? by pweedyuz(f): 8:59pm On Aug 24, 2014
yes!
daz all
Re: Can You Marry A Non-graduate? by Lagusta(m): 9:02pm On Aug 24, 2014
Nope, i cant marry a non-graduate....

Because of the nature of my profession
Re: Can You Marry A Non-graduate? by freshness2020: 9:11pm On Aug 24, 2014
I can't, no matter the social status of the said person!

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Non-graduate? by emeraldoe(f): 9:12pm On Aug 24, 2014
U can marry a non-graduate provided dere is love, then encourage d guy to study part-time. Is it not better to av a non-graduate who loves u than a graduate who panel beats u

9 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Non-graduate? by tintingz(m): 9:20pm On Aug 24, 2014
Yes, there are many non-graduates that are intelligent and business tycoon.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Non-graduate? by jmoore(m): 9:29pm On Aug 24, 2014
Yes, I can.

That a lady is not a graduate doesn't imply she is an illiterate.

6 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Non-graduate? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Aug 24, 2014
...No,i cant...I love competitition....academic competition most especially...I love someone i can rub minds with academically....especially when we are in the same field...

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Non-graduate? by SRK1(m): 9:36pm On Aug 24, 2014
It's difficult. However, nothing is impossible.
Nice article by the way.
Interestingly, i read something similar on one blog where this topic is discussed exclusively. You will likely want to view the site: abi0dun.wordpress.org
Re: Can You Marry A Non-graduate? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Aug 24, 2014
emeraldoe: U can marry a non-graduate provided dere is love, then encourage d guy to study part-time. Is it not better to av a non-graduate who loves u than a graduate who panel beats u

Your ideal is ok, but for me prefer a lady that at least done with her NYSC, to avoid the inconveniences of getting admission, attending classes and me be along the line get carried away and possibly have School boy friend, lol
Re: Can You Marry A Non-graduate? by bastien: 9:44pm On Aug 24, 2014
Ma sis dey date a non graduate, Which hv been bringing troubles in d house, ma dad thinks it's wrong for a graduate to follow a non graduate, with d d ancient word "bird of dsame feathers dey fly together " .........mehn me no dey against anybody happiness, If she finds love in him and God said Yes to there relationship, who am I or anybody to shun it.

Besides d dude isn't lacking,he gets job offers more than graduates, last I heard he requested for a car, with a company before he can start shocked another company wanted to send him to Dubai for more training..... chai afraid catch me shocked

4 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Non-graduate? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Aug 24, 2014
i can marry a non graduate as long as she is gona be gud to me n my children.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Non-graduate? by jmoore(m): 9:45pm On Aug 24, 2014
A man wrote assignments, exams and project for her girlfriend. She graduated and they later got married.

She follow for graduate too?

6 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Non-graduate? by Tallesty1(m): 9:46pm On Aug 24, 2014
jmoore: Yes, I can.

That a lady is not a graduate doesn't imply she is an illiterate.
I tire for people, like say married woman no dey go school.

If you like her then marry her and make her the woman you want. Love is about bringing out the best in the person you love.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Non-graduate? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Aug 24, 2014
No.

Conversely, the degree certificate of 'a graduate guy' is not a proof that he is sound upstairs; so, he'd still have to go through the tests. If he fails, he's out as well.
Re: Can You Marry A Non-graduate? by eph12(m): 9:59pm On Aug 24, 2014
One of the most overrated words used these days is 'graduate'. Abeg make na park well. Plenty graduates everywhere with no sense. I'd pick a business minded and industrious non-graduate lady any day any time over a one sided pompous selfish graduate.
Last bullet: I'll never force any of my kids to attend tertiary institution. I will table out all the options before them, the pros and cons of wasting another four years in the university, and let them decide their part themselves.

7 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Non-graduate? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:17pm On Aug 24, 2014
Most of you'e confused, mistaking being a graduate for being educated. There is a slight difference between both. It's possible to be a graduate and yet not educated vice versa. My take on who an educated person is, is that person (who may not be a graduate) who can communicate in simple and correct English. I know of graduates that can not speak English. Patience Jonathan falls in this category. She holds NCE and Bsc yet can't speak simple and correct English.
To answer your question, I can marry a non-graduate that is educated. As a matter of fact, of all the girls I've come to see that will make a good wife, one - the non-graduate- stands out. Though she doesn't have a degree yet, but she speaks simple and correct English like the other graduate girls. Even if I go into politics in the near future, I don't see this as a problem. What does a First Lady need that stands her out: being a graduate and not being able to communicate in simple and correct English or being a non-graduate and yet can communicate in simple and correct English?

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Non-graduate? by fairest(f): 10:24pm On Aug 24, 2014
Ɣε̲̣̣̣̥s! Love is the main thing in marriage.
Re: Can You Marry A Non-graduate? by Deepfreezer(m): 10:36pm On Aug 24, 2014
temigracie: ...No,i cant...I love competitition....academic competition most especially...I love someone i can rub minds with academically....especially when we are in the same field...
professor dora akunyili.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Non-graduate? by Deepfreezer(m): 10:37pm On Aug 24, 2014
YES. love is all that matters.
Re: Can You Marry A Non-graduate? by Nobody: 11:47pm On Aug 24, 2014
Yes I can, as long as he is intelligent and love is 'constant'
I have a friend that is a graduate, in short ehn, when I was in 1st year dis guy was in his 4th year - an engineering student...

But I still dey wonder weda na cabin biscuit dey inside da guy head, bc he doesn't know nothing!

What I'm trying to say is, as much as I love having intelligent discussions/arguments with my spouse...getting married to a graduate doesn't guarantee that. He could be a dull graduate.
You can also have non-graduates dat are smart nd informed ....

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Non-graduate? by Odunharry(m): 11:51pm On Aug 24, 2014
Yes as long as we love each other and she also know what she want
Re: Can You Marry A Non-graduate? by Davidbanky(m): 12:31am On Aug 25, 2014
Kachisbarbie: Yes I can, as long as he is intelligent and love is 'constant'
I have a friend that is a graduate, in short ehn, when I was in 1st year dis guy was in his 4th year - an engineering student...

But I still dey wonder weda na cabin biscuit dey inside da guy head, bc he doesn't know nothing!

What I'm trying to say is, as much as I love having intelligent discussions/arguments with my spouse...getting married to a graduate doesn't guarantee that. He could be a dull graduate.
You can also have non-graduates dat are smart nd informed ....

U na different babe now, minus you ....
Re: Can You Marry A Non-graduate? by Nobody: 4:54am On Aug 25, 2014
Wow I love this thread and your various discussions so I say a big thank you. For me its a no no. Though going to school doesn't mean someone isn't smart and intelligent, but I love my wife to be a graduate. Not just a graduate but smart and someone that can always advice me in every area. I love career women, so I can't even say love will take me to a non graduate because God already knows what I want and for sure what we believe is what we receive. More comments please....
Re: Can You Marry A Non-graduate? by Nobody: 5:03am On Aug 25, 2014
if a female graduate gets married to a male non-graduate, theres really no probs with that. but in most cases (in Nigeria) the man will develop a low self esteem which will definately bring up issues. If the male doesnt work on his self esteem he'll begin to read meanings to the woman's attitude and this in the long run will lead to series of quarell, and no peace in the home and finally divorce.

but if d guy is a free minded person, there wont be any wahala. i wn't advice any female graduate to get married to a male non-graduate cos u will regret it later. the guy will feel u aint submissive and he'l always want to control u in order to feel like a man. in most cases they turn out to be bullies

thats my opinion cheesy
Re: Can You Marry A Non-graduate? by Richiy(f): 8:16am On Aug 25, 2014
Tallesty1: I tire for people, like say married woman no dey go school.

If you like her then marry her and make her the woman you want. Love is about bringing out the best in the person you love.
The heart is NOT a product of the best universities. Full stop.
Re: Can You Marry A Non-graduate? by WoodcrestMayor(m): 8:31am On Aug 25, 2014
Lai lai!!!
We'll fight over petty things-things that should not mata per my level of exposure;things that are seen as normal in a formal setting.Things like hugging and pecking a friend,hanging out with friends.Taking decisions on our children sef go be war cos of her level of exposure.There's gonna be an intellectual gap.For y'all talking abt love,I see una o!wink...Kontinue
Itz a no no for me.
Re: Can You Marry A Non-graduate? by dasanchez1(m): 11:00am On Aug 25, 2014
eph12: One of the most overrated words used these days is 'graduate'. Abeg make na park well. Plenty graduates everywhere with no sense. I'd pick a business minded and industrious non-graduate lady any day any time over a one sided pompous selfish graduate.
Last bullet: I'll never force any of my kids to attend tertiary institution. I will table out all the options before them, the pros and cons of wasting another four years in the university, and let them decide their part themselves.
Nice one my boss.
Re: Can You Marry A Non-graduate? by Nsonaso(m): 11:18am On Aug 25, 2014
tebirim: People often say it doesn't matter who you marry,where you marry or what you marry. The question is simple and straight... Can you marry a non-graduate especially if you are a graduate? I need ladies to contribute more as this will help a female friend. We all have different opinion as it concerns mariage so please let's contribute and please with facts....

capital YES

What is graduate? An ordinary African title? Who cares?

As a man, I like ladies that speaks English and can also read and write... Whether Graduate or non Graduate once I have the money to marry and take care of the family.... I will marry the person if she doesn't know how to speak, read and write in English, I will employ somebody to teach her.... that's all
Re: Can You Marry A Non-graduate? by Nobody: 11:48am On Aug 25, 2014
nigerians are jst fools, most managers today in UK did not attend university jst college, there is notin special in being a graduate abeg, as long as u can read and write ur ok, because some1 went to university and basically crammed outdated tins makes he a beta person mtcheew
Re: Can You Marry A Non-graduate? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Aug 25, 2014
Let us not forget that, there are position/level (Offices) you can't attain if you are not a graduate!

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Non-graduate? by favourmic(m): 1:15pm On Aug 25, 2014
I see no big deal in it, you better pray for your real wife if you enter ladies wahala chai life go tire you self, what if you marry graduate and you lack peace what will you do? Hope you know say if you marry ladies that is too much educated nah big problem you enter cos she will be too proud? you wont control her and tell me what is the value of marrying someone that you wont be able to control? for sure after some year you brake up. Look around most educated couple end up in braking up because no respect in it after some yrs, is better you pray for God grace for marriage if not nah you go face the wahala no be Nairaland.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Ladies Draw Their Eye Brows This Way? / Hilarious Conversation: Guy Trying To Woo A Lady (snapshot) / Men That Loves Bbw (big Beautiful Woman) Or Fat Or Thick Women.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.