Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

Health Advice: Doctors Online - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Health Advice: Doctors Online (65430 Views)

Consult Nigerian Doctors Online / Health Advice; Doctors Pleeeeaaassse! / Health Is Wealth: Health Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by effisyman: 7:17pm On Oct 24, 2014
Marc9:

Clearly, that's an STD(likely gonorrhoea, chlamydia, or syphilis,,,,), but I expected whoever handled ur case at the hospital to have notified you of the particular infection it is, since urine sample was taken and examined.

The antibiotic you were placed on could have been a wrong indication, or perhaps you weren't given a follow up.

About the GNLD, well I can't vouche for its efficacy, but then, since all the drug could do was suppress the pain, then of course, it's not the right medication to rid you off the chronic infection.

Here's what you should do, go find a good hospital where they'll run both blood and urine test, HIV screening, HBV, and other STIs.
Thanks.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 12:33am On Oct 25, 2014
melly245:
[color=#000099][/color] I did a surgical AB and I've been TTC even before I got married and its nt working
Okay.

Since the tranvaginal probe/scan showed your uterus is ok, then your unsuccessful TTC for the past 6yrs was due to hormonal imbalance.

Low FSH/LH clearly points to anovulation. You were likely menstruating anovulatorily all these years.

What you require now is effective treatment. You need see a Gyn in person.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by everfaithfulGod(f): 8:10am On Oct 25, 2014
great job u are doing here doctor.
pls can u suggest possible cause of scanty menstrual flow?
since d evacuatn i had after a miscarriage in may my period has been abnormal. i use to have 3 days normal flow nd spot at times d 4th day but since d evac.ive been aving 1 and half day with few drops tru out d day. ive talk to my gynea on this bt he is nt taking me serious. pls what do u suggest i do cos am ttc
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 10:15am On Oct 25, 2014
mrsfrank:
First time here...I need candid advice since my doc is not helping.
TTC 1yr+
Clear water coming out from one br**st (not milk) tired of taking parlodel.
1fallopian tube (lost one due to ectopic)
Regular AF (first time bled in btw cycle dis month when I'm suppose to ovulate) went for scan ( dysfunctional uterine bleeding no ovulation)
***I notice I have regular (everyday) EWCM. What could be d cause?
Pls advice your worried sis. God bless.

Ma'am, this is a very sensitive case. You have one tube, one functional ovary, dysfunctional uterine bleeding, mid cycle spotting, colourless breast discharge, still at risk of endometrosis, and hormonal imbalance(surge in estrogen which explains why you're experincing the regular EWCM).

I'll advise you find a more concerned Gyn to personally handle your case.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 10:37am On Oct 25, 2014
everfaithfulGod:
great job u are doing here doctor.
pls can u suggest possible cause of scanty menstrual flow?
since d evacuatn i had after a miscarriage in may my period has been abnormal. i use to have 3 days normal flow nd spot at times d 4th day but since d evac.ive been aving 1 and half day with few drops tru out d day. ive talk to my gynea on this bt he is nt taking me serious. pls what do u suggest i do cos am ttc

Here's what likely happened. In the course of the Evac, the uterine lining must have abraded or scarred. That explains why your menstruation became scanty due to hypoplasia endometrium.

I'll advise you find a more concerned gynae that will place you on estrogen and progesterone medication.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by everfaithfulGod(f): 12:22pm On Oct 25, 2014
thank you so much. i will do as uve said.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 3:45pm On Oct 25, 2014
everfaithfulGod:
thank you so much. i will do as uve said.
Your're welcome!
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 3:45pm On Oct 25, 2014
Mum4all:
You really doing a great work @marc9, more grease to ur elbow.
Please what does both ovaries appear proximal means in scan report. Thanks
From my OnG understanding, it means both ovaries appear to be positioned closer to the infundubulus(the opening end of the fallopian tubes where the ovaries release eggs into).

The contrary report would be 'distally positioned ovaries' in which the ovaries are well distant to the opening of the fallopian tubes.

Significance: Proximally positioned ovaries ensure the egg(s) released would be reached by the fimbrae which sweep in the egg(s) inside the tubes for fertilization to occur.

But distally positioned ovaries makes the egg(s) released bt the ovaries hard to reach by the fimbrae. When the ovaries release the egg(s), they are likely not swept into the tubes.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 7:15pm On Oct 25, 2014
Many discreet factors play important roles in conception. A lot of ladies may not know it, but body dehydration may hinder conception. Water plays a major role in cervical mucus formation. Cervical mucus(EWCM) aids sperm movement from the vag*na up to the tube where it fertilizes the egg.

Another factor which a lot of ladies, with their partners, do not seem to recognise is 'Sperm motility'. Some men who have healthy sperm counts might still find it difficulty to impregnate their partners due to non-directional movement of their sperm. An ideal sperm cell is meant to swim forward. But in the case of healthy couples who still find TTC difficult, the sperm cells might actually be swimming in a random direction, swimming against the wall of the d vag*na, getting exhausted, and eventually wear off.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 7:32pm On Oct 25, 2014
mrsfrank:
@marc9 thank you.. I will conceive in Jesus name. Amen.

Ma'am, I didn't mean to be that blunt. My point was that u need a more concerned doc to handle the case. Someone who would take you seriously like you're related.

And I guess you've mentioned someone who takes you more seriously than anyone in the world. You just mentioned 'Dr Jesus'! smiley
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 5:50am On Oct 26, 2014
chyochy:
Hi doc. i had my baby 3years. after dat i had 1 miscarrige since then i've been trying to take in but to no avail. but each time i tried to take in that month b4 my menses will come out i'll have pain all over my body, my breast will be enlarged and be very painful for 2weeks but the moment the menses comes out the whole pains will disappear. my doctor says it's HORMON issue, pls can it stop someone from taking in.

The hormonal system of ladies is too sensitive to disturbance, even to a slight disturbance. Once the system is disturbed, hormones alter.

Chyochy, what u experince is termed PreMenstrual Syndrome. It precedes menstruation, and seem to present with some symptoms related to pregnancy.

The reason why your TTC is difficult is likely linked with the miscarriage you had. Was an evacuation done to rid you of the remnant product? If done, was it done properly?!
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 2:10pm On Oct 26, 2014
Mzora:
Hello doc,I waz told malaria in pregnancy could cause jaundice in d unborn child. Iz it necessary to get malaria treatment irrespective of d fact that I don't have malaria symptoms? I'm currently in my second trimester.

If you don't show malarial symptoms, why take the treatment?

The actual thing to do whenever anyone shows malaria symptoms, or doesn't show it but was exposed to mosquito bites prior, is to run malaria test to confirm if malarial parasite is present in the blood.

Well, in some cases, a person can be asymptomatic to malaria, while the parasite is incubating in the liver in form of hypnozoites.

So, you can run a malarial parasite test if you were exposed to mosquito bites. If MP found, you'd need to see the doctor for treatment. Don't self medicate please!

NB: every lady who takes in is expected to take malarial preventive measures like sleeping under mosquito treated net!
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 2:53pm On Oct 26, 2014
How do i stop my heart from always jumping i.e its always cutting me unnecessarily. Its there a drug to correct it cause i'm losing weight on a daily basis.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by kadree(m): 2:54pm On Oct 26, 2014
Tnks for d gud job doc.abt a month a go,I experience dis growth on d upper part of my testis durin self examination,I went to my doc for check cos I ws afraid of testis cancer n a possibily of infertility,after checks,e told me its epide***(sori I can't remember d full name)e placed me on antibiotic wich I used as prescribe n I felt d pain drastically reduced,bt m still aving d dull feelin n ache sometimes.do I av to jst b cool wit it n op it goes away wit time or whts ur advise for me.it rili caused me some fear,traumer n anxiety pls.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 3:06pm On Oct 26, 2014
leocolin:
How do i stop my heart from always jumping i.e its always cutting me unnecessarily. Its there a drug to correct it cause i'm losing weight on a daily basis.
That's palpitation. It's a symptom associated with cardiac arrhythmia.

The weight loss has nothing to do with arrhythmia. There's an underlying factor responsible for your weight loss.

Well, some medications may help relieve palpitation, but it's better you see a doctor for examination, then he'll place you on medication.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Joodaaa(m): 7:01pm On Oct 26, 2014
Our ULTRASOUND SERIES are 3D and 4D software packaged, our X-RAY SERIES have Full Pulse Fluoroscope and intelligent exposure control, our ECG SERIES have Internal Memory supporting data and Waveforms Store and Recall, our EEG SERIES are USB Amplified with 1G memory, our IVD SERIES have Automatic Sampling, Rinsing and Calibration with Touch Screen, our FERTILITY SERIES have Advanced Morphological Analysis software, clearly and Intuitively colourful pictures, our ICU & ANESTHESIA SERIES have Maximum 480-hour graghic and tabular trends, 1000 NIBP records,700 alarm events and 2-hour ECG waveform storage and review. We are ANELPAT (MEDICAL) COMPANY LIMITED and our mandate is to bring Modern Medical Technology to your doorsteps. Call Jooda on 08138107982, 07038107257 and visit www.anelpatgroup.com to know more.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 8:23pm On Oct 26, 2014
kadree:
Tnks for d gud job doc.abt a month a go,I experience dis growth on d upper part of my testis durin self examination,I went to my doc for check cos I ws afraid of testis cancer n a possibily of infertility,after checks,e told me its epide***(sori I can't remember d full name)e placed me on antibiotic wich I used as prescribe n I felt d pain drastically reduced,bt m still aving d dull feelin n ache sometimes.do I av to jst b cool wit it n op it goes away wit time or whts ur advise for me.it rili caused me some fear,traumer n anxiety pls.

It's likely epididymitis. You may need to go see the doc and get Rx for that same anti-inflammatory drug. With time the inflammation would ease up, and ur 'balls' would be bouncy again!
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by SirHouloo(m): 9:28pm On Oct 26, 2014
Thanks for the wonderful job here.
Please, Being a Redeemer, I started this year with 100days fasting. Changed my location during the fasting and ended up with a norm of taking my breakfast between 10.30 and 1pm everyday after the fasting period.
I recently got back home where I am used to taking my breakfast 7.30am but since then, I have been experiencing serious running stomach. I don't know what medication to venture into. I have been prescribed with Tetraxyclin, Flaggyl, Imodium and even Chloraphenycol but none worked.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 9:58pm On Oct 26, 2014
SirHouloo:
Thanks for the wonderful job here.
Please, Being a Redeemer, I started this year with 100days fasting. Changed my location during the fasting and ended up with a norm of taking my breakfast between 10.30 and 1pm everyday after the fasting period.
I recently got back home where I am used to taking my breakfast 7.30am but since then, I have been experiencing serious running stomach. I don't know what medication to venture into. I have been prescribed with Tetracycline, Flagyl, Imodium and even Chloraphenycol but none worked.

100days? Ah! That was extreme! You have to take this religious tasks easy eh?!

Well, it's a GI infection. Perhaps the fasting somehow suppressed your immune which then gave the gut flora like E.coli the chance to increase its activities in the gut, causing diarrhoea.

Or you could have contracted food borne disease from eating of contaminated food or water.

Those drugs didn't work because you probably treated blindly. You were meant to run stool culture and sensitivity test, to know what bacteria is responsible, and the right medication to treat the infection.

I don't Rx in public social media.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by agbeke58(f): 8:47am On Oct 27, 2014
Hi doc, for about 4days now, i've been experiencing slight head ache, body aches, and this morning, i noticed my tongue has sores. What can possibly cause these symptoms. Thanks in advance.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 9:53am On Oct 27, 2014
agbeke58:
Hi doc, for about 4days now, i've been experiencing slight head ache, body aches, and this morning, i noticed my tongue has sores. What can possibly cause these symptoms. Thanks in advance.

These symptoms are not enough to tell which infection it is. It could be viral, which it's most likely, or bacterial, or fungal infection.

Let me ask, are u sex*ually active?
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by agbeke58(f): 1:56pm On Oct 27, 2014
Tanx doc, not sexually active, what do u mean by viral. I just treated a fungai infection.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 2:09pm On Oct 27, 2014
agbeke58:
Tanx doc, not sexually active, what do u mean by viral. I just treated a fungal infection.
The fungal infection, was it oral thrush? Or genital thrush?
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by agbeke58(f): 2:19pm On Oct 27, 2014
Well, dnt really understand. But let me try and summarise, my menstrual flow for dis mth was accompanied by some thick dark formed blood. I went for a test and ciprotab was recommended. I took d ciprotab, and still was experiencing itches ard my privates, a cream was recommended and i'm still using, tho, its getting better. What possible viral infection are u talkin abt pls.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 3:20pm On Oct 27, 2014
agbeke58:
Well, dnt really understand. But let me try and summarise, my menstrual flow for dis mth was accompanied by some thick dark formed blood. I went for a test and ciprotab was recommended. I took d ciprotab, and still was experiencing itches ard my privates, a cream was recommended and i'm still using, tho, its getting better. What possible viral infection are u talkin abt pls.
You misconstrued me. I simply listed the pathogens responsible for soreness of the tongue. I meant one of those pathogens could be responsible, and viral infxn are notorious. I never confirmed it to be virus!

Sorry for the misconstruction!
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by agbeke58(f): 3:42pm On Oct 27, 2014
Ok. Tanx. But what do u think could be responsible. Tanx.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 3:56pm On Oct 27, 2014
agbeke58:
Ok. Tanx. But what do u think could be responsible. Tanx.

You said you went for a test. Which test was it?!

You also said you treated fungal infection. Which time was this?

The dark menstrual flow you experinced could likely be the reason why you had body ache, and headache. Menstrual bleeding, particularly heavy or thick flow, might cause you to become anemic, and that explains the symptoms you had.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by beabea5: 6:52pm On Oct 27, 2014
Now am 25 Years Old,a female,just graduated and i have a son already.I need Docs in the house to tell me what the problem might be with my body systems.
Am becoming thinner and Smaller day in day Out,if you ask my if its my Stature?shouldnt be because my parent are chubby and my siblings are big too,Someone said school stress but i dont think cos its over 4month now that i left school and yet no improvement.If You see me i look too small like a 14 years Old.
Pls matured advice on how am gonna gain huge and big weight,daily routine to also help me get big,i will really appreciate this NLDR.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 7:39pm On Oct 27, 2014
JoeBenzema:
Good evening marc9. You doing a good job.
Can you give a prescription to someone who has been diagonized with cervicitis. I lost the prescription my doctor gave me and am not physically close to him.

I wished I could, but I'm not allowed to to Rx on social media. Morever, I can't Rx drugs since I don't know the actual cause of your cervicitis. Infection most times is responsible, but how would I know the causative organism? It could be bacteria(N.gonorrhea,) or protozoa(Chlamydia trichomatis) or fungi(Candida albican). I'm sure your doctor examined you, and also ran a swab culture and sensitivity test. So he/she has an idea what organism is responsible, but I don't. I can't just ask you to get regimen against what I'm blind to. I lack knowledge of your sexual history, which could explain how the infection came about, and if you'll have to protect yourself after medication, lest your partner re-infect you.

But then, what happened to your physician's phone line? Can't you put a call across?
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by agbeke58(f): 7:40pm On Oct 27, 2014
Ok doc marc. I did a urine culture test, i started medication abt three weeks ago 8th oct to be precise. Tanx.
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by JoeBenzema: 7:45pm On Oct 27, 2014
Marc9:

I wished I could, but I'm not allowed to to Rx on social media. Morever, I can't Rx drugs since I don't know the actual cause of your cervicitis. Infection most times is responsible, but how would I know the causative organism? It could be bacteria(N.gonorrhea,) or protozoa(Chlamydia trichomatis) or fungi(Candida albican). I'm sure your doctor examined you, and also ran a swab culture and sensitivity test. So he/she has an idea what organism is responsible, but I don't. I can't just ask you to get regimen against what I'm blind to. I lack knowledge of your sexual history, which could explain how the infection came about, and if you'll have to protect yourself after medication, lest your partner re-infect you.

But then, what happened to your physician's phone line? Can't you put a call across?

I don't have his number and there is no way i can get it.
She told me it was a bacterial infection. Can you still prescribe for me? Please?
Re: Health Advice: Doctors Online by Nobody: 7:49pm On Oct 27, 2014
H

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos / 15 Health Benefits Of Cucumber / Cure For Bumps, Spots & Female Facial Hair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.