Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,834 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? (29121 Views)

Photos: What Will Be Your First Reaction / Nairalanders Happy Birthday To My Little Daughter..lizzy / My Wife Just Told Me She Has A Boyfriend And That There Is Nothing ℓ̊ Will Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? by Nobody: 7:16am On Sep 22, 2014
Well...I would like my child and I to be best friends, but I'll still have my authority over her. I'd sit her down and really talk to her about guys....the truth about guys, what a relationship Is all about,the truth about sex. I'll let her see just exactly what she's aiming for and why she'd be better off without it. Even if I have to talk about my experiences or what current young celebrities in relationships are going through, I will. Just so she wouldn't make that mistake. But I'll do it in a way that she won't keep secrets from me, if she decides to continue I would know exactly who it is and skilfully cut it or have a little say in the matter.

3 Likes

Re: Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? by YoungDaNaval(m): 7:22am On Sep 22, 2014
Emmaesty: *picks up AK47* Where dafuq is that boy? angry
Guy Chill lmao! What If Itz The Other Way Round? I Mean What If Itz Ya Daughter Who's Going After Him? Coz Am A Victim. The Younger Sister To Ma Elder Brother's Wife Had Been Tempting And Following Me Around. Sometimes She'll Join Me While Watching Movie On Ma Laptop And Be Smooching Her Oranges Around Ma Back. She Even Went As Far As Joining Me In The Bathrum One Day But I Locked The Door 4rm Inside. Not That Am Aint Moved By What She'd Been Doing Ooh! But Ah Just Dey Pity Her Coz She Don't Know What She's Getting Herself Into. Plus I Learnt She's A Virgin. Asuming She's Up To 16, Ah 4 Dan Use Her Count Score Since na. But Can You Imagine She's Just 13 While Am 21, Imagine The Age Difference. MA BRODA, GIRLS OF NOWADAYS NO GET FEAR 4 EYE AGAIN OOH!

3 Likes

Re: Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? by perfectcrush(m): 7:23am On Sep 22, 2014
I will simply congratulate her
Re: Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? by ib4real95(m): 7:30am On Sep 22, 2014
Itz just better not to give birth to a female.. 2 boys are ok for me!
Re: Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? by yassjib: 7:30am On Sep 22, 2014
my daughter won't even try it because its can never be part of her life style
Re: Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? by kilokeys(m): 7:33am On Sep 22, 2014
ill call her mother to confirm the paternity

at 26 i never get gf.. na im my pikin go dey date one mofo at 16..

forGobid

2 Likes

Re: Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? by freecocoa(f): 7:40am On Sep 22, 2014
If my daughter(s) be anything like me while I was at that stage, then boys will be the last thing on her/their mind(s), still never say never.

The only way is to talk, I hope to train my kids in a way they'll be able to tell me anything.
Re: Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? by holluwai(m): 7:44am On Sep 22, 2014
I'll sit here down and have a heart to heart talk with her to make realize her priorities at that time and not to allow anything stop her from achieving the goals we have planned then all this will fall into place. I'm sure she will listen to me

2 Likes

Re: Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? by Enouwem(m): 7:47am On Sep 22, 2014
Re: Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? by severee(m): 7:48am On Sep 22, 2014
Angel196: What would be your first reaction when u learn that your little daughter that is just undergoing the stage of puberty is having an older boyfriend? My father's reaction?... All hell would break loose. So how would u handle that situation?

grin my reaction,Will be to smile and act like I am fine with it, then I find out the boy's house address and go pounce on him

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? by Nobody: 7:48am On Sep 22, 2014
Emmaesty: *picks up AK47* Where dafuq is that boy? angry
LOL.... He dey @ d back of ya house.... Abeg plz no try am ooo , datz nt d best way to go abt it.... U know two WRONGS can neva mk a RIGHT. A mere discussion wit her will save d day.
Re: Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? by penny01502: 7:50am On Sep 22, 2014
If the guy is ambitious determine, and focus in life am okay with him, irrespective of his family financial background. If he is determine for a greater life I'll help him, stand him out and make him the best he could be for his parent and my daughter. But what I can stand is seeing those scallwags and irresponsible smokers on the street going around my daughter, that I swear I'll somebody.

1 Like

Re: Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? by Padipadi(m): 7:51am On Sep 22, 2014
lordizak: I would encourage her to be open to me. it's a choice, I have parents forcing their kids to date, its natural, u can't advice against or for it. I would even be friends with their spouses. the only clause will be for my daughter not to accept gifts from any man whilst in my house.
You ll embrace it at what age of your daughter?
What does a 13,14,15,16 year old girl know about relationship?
She ll just be a prey to one peadophile who ll take advantage of her!
I ll never encourage my teen girl to v a relationship especially with an older one!
If any man want my daughter, make he come back when she's mature in age, wisdom, education & v a career.

1 Like

Re: Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? by Emmaesty(f): 7:54am On Sep 22, 2014
YoungDaNaval: Guy Chill lmao! What If Itz The Other Way Round? I Mean What If Itz Ya Daughter Who's Going After Him? Coz Am A Victim. The Younger Sister To Ma Elder Brother's Wife Had Been Tempting And Following Me Around. Sometimes She'll Join Me While Watching Movie On Ma Laptop And Be Smooching Her Oranges Around Ma Back. She Even Went As Far As Joining Me In The Bathrum One Day But I Locked The Door 4rm Inside. Not That Am Aint Moved By What She'd Been Doing Ooh! But Ah Just Dey Pity Her Coz She Don't Know What She's Getting Herself Into. Plus I Learnt She's A Virgin. Asuming She's Up To 16, Ah 4 Dan Use Her Count Score Since na. But Can You Imagine She's Just 13 While Am 21, Imagine The Age Difference. MA BRODA, GIRLS OF NOWADAYS NO GET FEAR 4 EYE AGAIN OOH!
Chai......... That girl bold gan oh shockedshockedshocked
Re: Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? by skillzbae(f): 7:56am On Sep 22, 2014
firstly, nt evrytin in life is kama. U could b holy @ ur youth n av kids dat r wayward. Secondly: violence does nt stop anytin. Most tyms also, its nt alwz advisable to let "experience be the best teacher". Dou some kids are so stubborn nd no matter wat u do, dey wil stil learn frm experience. Divided love nd attention can push a young girl to av a boyfrnd. The best approach shuld b love, attention nd communication. Unfortunately, i learnt frm experience because of divided love,pain of loosing my mum, bt today, im a beta n wiser lady. Its nt easy raising female children, bt hrt to hrt communication nd attention is d answer
Re: Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? by Nobody: 7:56am On Sep 22, 2014
ib4real95: Itz just better not to give birth to a female.. 2 boys are ok for me!
Hmmmmm
Re: Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? by buoye1(m): 8:06am On Sep 22, 2014
thankyouJesus: I think some of you are worried about what you did when you were younger. Where is the trust?
@topic, I will ask her series of questions e.g why are you in a relationship? (case closed because she would not be able to answer this).
and how sure are you she won?t be able to answer?#in the girl's voice#because i lov him!

1 Like

Re: Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? by 28e00db5: 8:09am On Sep 22, 2014
Would talk sense into her and also scare the dude away.
Re: Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? by Nobody: 8:11am On Sep 22, 2014
freecocoa: If my daughter(s) be anything like me while I was at that stage, then boys will be the last thing on her/their mind(s), still never say never.

The only way is to talk, I hope to train my kids in a way they'll be able to tell me anything.
cool! smiley
Re: Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? by darlingnuel(m): 8:13am On Sep 22, 2014
Kanwulia: Just take her to an abortion clinic to observe a LIFE PROCEDURE.

Simple! kiss

What's "LIFE procedure"? Or did you mean 'LIVE procedure'?
Re: Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? by Kimmo(f): 8:25am On Sep 22, 2014
Angel196: What would be your first reaction when u learn that your little daughter that is just undergoing the stage of puberty is having an older boyfriend? My father's reaction?... All hell would break loose. So how would u handle that situation?

Same thing my dad did at the time. Sat me down and calmly told me that he didn't expect me to have a boyfriend yet, looked into my eyes to be sure we understood each other and I knew going against his expectation wasn't worth my life.

My mom made a very valid point that the girls in the Mills and Boon books I read so often were usually aged 20 upwards.

2 Likes

Re: Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? by mstik(f): 8:40am On Sep 22, 2014
All hell will break loose indeed, especially for the perve that wants to 'desecrate' my daughter. It will be a very serious issue ooh
Re: Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? by prowlG: 8:41am On Sep 22, 2014
If they are within age range, i will encourage and support them but if he is too old than her, i will sue him for attempted rape.
Re: Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? by adeoladrg(m): 8:48am On Sep 22, 2014
YoungDaNaval: Guy Chill lmao! What If Itz The Other Way Round? I Mean What If Itz Ya Daughter Who's Going After Him? Coz Am A Victim. The Younger Sister To Ma Elder Brother's Wife Had Been Tempting And Following Me Around. Sometimes She'll Join Me While Watching Movie On Ma Laptop And Be Smooching Her Oranges Around Ma Back. She Even Went As Far As Joining Me In The Bathrum One Day But I Locked The Door 4rm Inside. Not That Am Aint Moved By What She'd Been Doing Ooh! But Ah Just Dey Pity Her Coz She Don't Know What She's Getting Herself Into. Plus I Learnt She's A Virgin. Asuming She's Up To 16, Ah 4 Dan Use Her Count Score Since na. But Can You Imagine She's Just 13 While Am 21, Imagine The Age Difference. MA BRODA, GIRLS OF NOWADAYS NO GET FEAR 4 EYE AGAIN OOH!

Choiiiii...
Re: Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? by Diallo247(m): 9:11am On Sep 22, 2014
I will set up a committee 2 look into d matter nd make sure we are on top of it

2 Likes

Re: Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? by Nobody: 9:12am On Sep 22, 2014
snazzylove:
mine will even apply hot pepper in you v.gna. with your post you gonna raise the best ashawo in the west.
Re: Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? by ib4real95(m): 9:13am On Sep 22, 2014
nnekamezor: Hmmmmm
My opinion!

1 Like

Re: Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? by maclatunji: 9:16am On Sep 22, 2014
Boyfriend? Trace the boy to his parents home and give the whole family a thorough tongue-lashing. As for the daughter, let us just say her schedule would become very busy indeed as she would have to give hourly reports when out of sight with full authentication of location and occupation at any point in time.

Yes, I am not nice about such things. My job is not to be nice but to provide proper guidance for her to develop into a decent woman useful to herself and society and the only reason she would leave my supervision is if she gets married. That is when I will get off her case.

4 Likes

Re: Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? by ramdris(m): 9:23am On Sep 22, 2014
ib4real95: Itz just better not to give birth to a female.. 2 boys are ok for me!
Re: Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? by thankyouJesus(m): 9:26am On Sep 22, 2014
buoye1: and how sure are you she won?t be able to answer?#in the girl's voice#because i lov him!
then I will ask her to define love
Re: Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? by 50calibre(m): 9:28am On Sep 22, 2014
Nigerian parents are just too uptight & rigid, what's wrong if your daughter has a boyfriend, are you going to keep her at home forever?

I'm still a long way away from having a daughter old enough to date, but I think it's a mother's responsibility to educate her daughters on se*xual matters so they don't grow up naive. The earlier the better.

Kids are getting smarter, what you don't teach them at home, they will learn elsewhere & they just might learn the wrong version.

For me, as long as you're 18 (or even 16 depending on maturity) ride on!!! though I will keep a watchful eye.

2 Likes

Re: Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? by mstik(f): 9:33am On Sep 22, 2014
Did you read the post well? Your daughter that is going through puberty(probably around 12 or 13 years) has an older boyfriend?? Nothing is wrong with having a boyfriend(but at a mature age) and I don't think a parent is being rigid or uptight when they freak out when their little girl is keeping boyfriends.
50calibre: Nigerian parents are just too uptight & rigid, what's wrong if your daughter has a boyfriend, are you going to keep her at home forever?

I'm still a long way away from having a daughter old enough to date, but I think it's a mother's responsibility to educate her daughters on se*xual matters so they don't grow up naive. The earlier the better.

Kids are getting smarter, what you don't teach them, they will learn elsewhere & they just might learn the wrong version.

For me, as long as you're 18 (or even 16 depending on maturity) ride on though I will keep a watchful eye.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? / Man Curses Out Families Who Squander Money Sent Home By Relatives Living Abroad / International Women's Day: 10 most influential women in Nigeria 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.