Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced - Computers (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced (37734 Views)

Etisalat And Their Overpriced Calls / Google Glasses All Hype Or Reality? / Is Philip Emeagwali A Media Hype? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by killercute16(m): 6:12am On Sep 01, 2014
odilinonso:
Nd pple lyk u placed dis country where it is nw
but u continue pushing it backwards
Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by kajoula(m): 10:58am On Sep 01, 2014
MACBOOK PRO is not meant for every dick&harry who needs a laptop..if u need a cheap lapi get [size=18pt]intel CELERON[/size]...
MACBOOK PRO is meant for people who do media works like [size=18pt]CG's,SPECIAL FX,VIDEO EDIT[/size] & sometimes [size=18pt]PHOTOGRAPHY[/size]

So get it right when its hyped.
Eyop: Apple mac books are truly overpriced i concur 100% to that.
Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by SenatorJames(m): 1:31pm On Sep 01, 2014
acenazt: I swear Samsung Na The Biggest Thieves I don see. All this them gadgets na cheap stuff made using cheap labor yet they Just think of any price they want and slap it on a product.
TeamLG.

I dont want anybody to come here and start saying "thread to bash Samsung", please this is not Tecno vs Blackberry thread, the op is just expressing his mind.
Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by hassanAde(m): 1:19am On Oct 23, 2014
IdJack:
You are right, no body is forcing anybody to buy phone that are overpriced.

Here is Spain Samsung and other phones are cheap for their citizens, becos these phones are on contract. I wanted buying a phone Samsung S4 here but when I looked at the price compare to the the Latest Tecno phone R7 and Tecno Z i decided I rather managed the current phone i am using since I can read mails, send mail, chat, browse etc. until i am back to Nigeria before i can buy Tecno maybe R7 or Z and use.

So it better we dont follow the crowd.

But if you work your ass before you get your money, you will better know how to spend it well. youve said it all, instead of killing ourselves and murdering ourselves with unnecessary comments. check ur pocket, go for what u can afford. this phone are near free in europe, we work die hard here to get it, imagine i saved in 6 months to get blackberry torch 2 in 2012 for 64k, now i realise the nos of blocks i woukld hv used that same cash to buy.

Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by Rhaspody(m): 9:54am On Oct 23, 2014
looks like OP can't afford high end gadgets. there are moer expensive headphones in the market. they arw more expensive phones also too. and all phones with gorilla glass do break. gorilla glass is not shatter proof. the more expensive beats headphones have superior quality compared to others in its class..

you didn't add iPhones. and serious gaming laptops which can set you back $3000.
Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by litaninja(m): 11:36am On Oct 23, 2014
Rhaspody:
looks like OP can't afford high end gadgets. there are moer expensive headphones in the market. they arw more expensive phones also too. and all phones with gorilla glass do break. gorilla glass is not shatter proof. the more expensive beats headphones have superior quality compared to others in its class..

you didn't add iPhones. and serious gaming laptops which can set you back $3000.

Serious Gaming laptops are NOT overhyped and over-priced. I use an ASUS ROG laptop, and i'm a dj, IT admin, and gamer. The laptop runs 4 OSes and would absolutely take heavy tasks thrown at it. That is not an overhyped device.
Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by Rhaspody(m): 4:31pm On Oct 23, 2014
litaninja:

Serious Gaming laptops are NOT overhyped and over-priced. I use an ASUS ROG laptop, and i'm a dj, IT admin, and gamer. The laptop runs 4 OSes and would absolutely take heavy tasks thrown at it. That is not an overhyped device.

you can build a more powerful desktop computer at the same price of your ASUS ROG laptop
Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by naturefellow(m): 11:00am On Oct 26, 2014
sunnykalu125:
beats earphones that was overhyped was bought Apple company for $2.5bn dollars.
overhyped acquires overhyped. Birds of a feather flock together. Don't you get?
Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by Rhaspody(m): 12:51pm On Nov 03, 2014
litaninja:

any laptop with enough ram and hdd space with a capable processor can run multiple OSes
Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by Blockus: 11:33am On Nov 05, 2014
ayex2013:
Here are some of the worst price gadgets everyone seems to want or have. You can’t win with these guys so it’s best to just keep your money and buy more reasonable alternatives. Checkout our list of 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced;
1. Beats by Dre

The entire line is complete crap, especially for their ridiculous prices. Did you know that Beats Pro/detox that you saved over 500 dollars to get cost only 3 dollars to make and is still a crap quality headphone? Just giving you the facts people. Yo are buying a lifestyle when you should be buying quality.

I do Agree with the analysis on Beats..

What I realised in that most people buy the brand not the quality or the specs.. Sennheiser HD650 headphones puts Beats pro sef to shame and yet costs almost half the price of an original Beats.

ayex2013:
2. Samsung Phones

I do not have to reiterate how annoying these are. I mean, they are Android smart phones made entirely of plastic with a weak ass Gorilla glass thing attached to the front. Drop ones and it breaks. And you are expected to shell out over a hundred thousand naira to buy these phones most of the time if you want a flagship something. Can’t be life.

It would be difficult for me to be objective here as I am a BIG BIG Samsung groupie.. grin

I own the Galaxy note 3 and I have loved that phone every step of the way. I do agree it's pricey, but once you go past the plastic exterior, the rest of the phone is just devine. grin

ayex2013:
3. Apple Mac Books

Do me a favor, when you are done with this post, kindly take a stroll over to Jumia and check out Mac Book prices… The go all the way up to about a million naira. For a laptop, that needs to charge with electricity and you still have to pay for internet. No Bueno Amigo!!!! The price just doesn’t add up to what we are buying. Sorry!

Apple Products are a NO NO for me.. They are over-priced, too darn restricting in their usage and costs even more money to run as you are forced to purchase even more apps from Apple Store to use your over-priced apple device.

I do however still have big love for the Apple Ipod Classic though. grin

ayex2013:
4. Samsung TVs

The other day mans is strolling through the mall and I see this curved LED TV by Samsung for 30 million naira… No mistakes guys, I call the attendant and asked if there was some kind of error and she did well to hold back her laughter in mockery of my obvious confusion… Then you start to look around and you begin to notice the prices on these things. Samsung needs to be stopped!

The Samsung Smart TV range.. grin

My Guy.. Please lets not talk about this device.. The only thing this TV cant do is to allow the characters on the screen enter your home live. grin

Then when you pair your Samsung Smart TV with your Samsung Smart Phone, the interaction is on a Sci-fi level. grin

The price however is astronomically high (most especially in Nigeira).. But like my Momma would say, the best things in life aint cheap.

ayex2013:
5. Smart Watches

The new rave of the moment, everyone wants a Moto 360 or a pebble that will set you back 700-800 dollars, Money that can buy land. And all the watch will do is notify you when your phone is ringing and tell you time and weather. Alright guys, I understand the foolishness. Well done! OBO!

Source: http://www.ngtrends.com/2014/08/5-gadgets-hype-overpriced/

I love my Samsung Galaxy Gear.. Moderately priced and very functional and useful for me. Doubles both as a handsfree device for when I am driving and serves like a pager for when I am in a meeting and my cellphone is on silent. The Pedometer also comes in handy o help track my daily exercise routine..

I love it, love it, love it...

FINALLY!! The real advice here should be 'cut your coat according to your size'..

1 Like

Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by asalimpo(m): 3:11pm On Nov 05, 2014
Nobody criticises how u spend money when ur broke. Only "rich" people "pay too much" for a thing.

On the other hand, most people dont know how much junk they trudge home until,theyre broke or in serious financial trouble - then the resell value of some pricey stuff theyve got is usually shockg.

I guess, The advice shud be:

build multiple streams of cashflow before buyg luxuries /toys.
Or better hav a good money sink (job,parents,mugu)

1 Like

Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by Bangkokworld: 4:06am On Jan 08, 2015
tziz:
If u wer a tech-savvy gadget guy like me, u'ld jst hav to love dis gadgets. It's nt rilly about show-off to me, and I knw dier prices cn b quite high, buh it doesn't deter peeps like me, once I cn afford, I get. I knw beats audio systems r quite expensive buh jst tink about d rich sound dt it delivers to ur ear drums, aldou I use Sony headphones but when u listen to songs on dis premium headfons, u jst forgt d cash. Look at d crisp, bright and high colour detail of d AMOLED display on a galaxy S5 n all, d sharp pics of dier LED tvs, gosh!, I dnt knw bout y'all buh d cost jst feels rite! I jst wanna tell dem to mke more! I luv dis age!! I luv dese gadgets!

err, Btwn, dis doesn't apply to Apple products cos no matter wat, dey r way overpriced #roll eyes

My brother, I totally agree with you on this. You just spoke my mind completely.
Why settle for crappy images when I can enjoy rich, vivid, vibrant and crisp images.
Those who are saying these things have perhaps never really looked at the images on a Samsung Galaxy S5 screen and compare them side by side with others. ... or taken a picture with the Samsung galaxy S5 camera and compare with pictures taken from most other phones. If you do, nobody go tell you.
And those phones that can reasonably match the screen quality and camera image quality of Samsung Galaxy S5 (although, not completely, in my opinion) cost about the same as the Galaxy S5 or even more. Eg HTC One M8, LG G3, Sony Xperia Z2/Z3, etc.
So what are we talking about.

The same goes for Samsung TVs. Just watch an original BluRay movie on a Samsung 55-inch LED Smart TV and you won't need anybody to tell you the DIFFERENCE.
my dear, make wuna lef matter o!
And similar TVs from LG and Sony go for the same price range, so what are we talking about?
The truth of the matter is that many people who complain about these things have never really seen these gadgets in action. They just hear others complain and they jump into the band wagan.
If they have experienced them, they will be so stunned that they will never open their mouths against these gadgets ever again.
That's how it is. In life u get what you pay for. If you want quality, my dear, go shell out money o! Short and simple
Yeah, I can concede that Apple products are way overpriced if you compare them with similar products. But even at this some people will disagree with me

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Surf The Web Anonymously! / Easy Steps To Format A Window7 Computer / Use Of Windows 7 Powered Devices Risky - Minister, Pantami

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.