Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,865 members, 7,817,560 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced - Computers (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced (37730 Views)

Etisalat And Their Overpriced Calls / Google Glasses All Hype Or Reality? / Is Philip Emeagwali A Media Hype? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by alabiyemmy(m): 12:29pm On Aug 30, 2014
Dem force u buy?
Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by Nobody: 12:33pm On Aug 30, 2014
@op, I don't know if it's the same Samsung curve smart TV I saw in spar you are talking about, the price tag I saw was #1. 90M and not #30M oooo

1 Like

Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by AmINotHuman(m): 12:35pm On Aug 30, 2014
Eyop: Apple mac books are truly overpriced i concur 100% to that.

In my opinion, with Apple macbooks, you definitely get what you pay for. I've had a macbook for nearly seven years now till I got the retina mac pro (the graphics are to die for shocked), and I never had a problem with it or took it to a repairer. Macs are just simple, easy to use, professional. Words can't describe the experience.

[size=5pt]I can't even imagine using Windows 8 over the OSX Mavericks.[/size]

1 Like

Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by Eyop: 12:38pm On Aug 30, 2014
AmINotHuman:

In my opinion, with Apple macbooks, you definitely get what you pay for. I've had a macbook for nearly seven years now till I got the retina mac pro (the graphics are to die for shocked), and I never had a problem with it or took it to a repairer. Macs are just simple, easy to use, professional. Words can't describe the experience.

[size=5pt]I can't even imagine using Windows 8 over the OSX Mavericks.[/size]
Yes i know the retina mac pro is fantastic but sincerely is overpriced. It's all about choice to decide to buy or not.
Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by Nobody: 12:42pm On Aug 30, 2014
Lolz..... Imagine someone given a contract to get that Samsung LCD T.V for 30million each,this guy in question will scream that MAGA DON PAY!!!
Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by Nobody: 12:45pm On Aug 30, 2014
slimpoppa: Apple Ipads.
I disagree with that. iPads are not overhyped/overpriced. They are durable and have a better battery life than the average tablet.

1 Like

Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by neroysc: 12:50pm On Aug 30, 2014
Jumia, we have seen it ohh grin

Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by Nobody: 1:02pm On Aug 30, 2014
You obviously have never owned a Mac. Am surprised your list does not contain iPhones... lol
Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by killercute16(m): 1:10pm On Aug 30, 2014
odilinonso: I tink d problem u av is lack... Those gadgets r top notch. U beta hussle nd get money so as 2 join d moving train nd leave dat keke u are on.
pple lyk u dat are pushing this country backwards
Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by killercute16(m): 1:12pm On Aug 30, 2014
sunnykalu125: beats earphones that was overhyped was bought Apple company for $2.5bn dollars.
That because we the consumers/customers overhyped the stuff dats why apple bought it so that they will make the gain out of it.
Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by killercute16(m): 1:15pm On Aug 30, 2014
krall: You lust it...

You cant afford it...

Then you hate...

Too bad. tongue

Of all OEMs, it samsung. Even their tvs you hate.

You haven't seen iphones and HTCs that are over-priced for no reason.
believe me broda Htc phone are worth it.
Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by Nobody: 1:19pm On Aug 30, 2014
I concour with beats heahphones they can only render lower sounds well. Bass heavy sounds. Their pre-built in amps are shit. If u are an audiophile who places emphasis on the the mids terble den u would be left disappointed. If u use them with portable gardgets like ipad phones then they are not to bad buh once u coonect them to a good audio processor with a class D-amp then u hear how terrible they are.
Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by drakeskull(m): 1:21pm On Aug 30, 2014
Senseless post. I choose to disagree on Samsung phones. Drop it and see how strong the plastic is.

1 Like

Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by killercute16(m): 1:23pm On Aug 30, 2014
Estimable: Some pple tend to buy these products just to belong.....push them them to the right they go, to the left same......
Quality 1st........
1000likes for you broda

2 Likes

Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by Simitrendy: 1:25pm On Aug 30, 2014
ayex2013: Here are some of the worst price gadgets everyone seems to want or have. You can’t win with these guys so it’s best to just keep your money and buy more reasonable alternatives. Checkout our list of 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced;
1. Beats by Dre

The entire line is complete crap, especially for their ridiculous prices. Did you know that Beats Pro/detox that you saved over 500 dollars to get cost only 3 dollars to make and is still a crap quality headphone? Just giving you the facts people. Yo are buying a lifestyle when you should be buying quality.
2. Samsung Phones

I do not have to reiterate how annoying these are. I mean, they are Android smart phones made entirely of plastic with a weak ass Gorilla glass thing attached to the front. Drop ones and it breaks. And you are expected to shell out over a hundred thousand naira to buy these phones most of the time if you want a flagship something. Can’t be life.
3. Apple Mac Books

Do me a favor, when you are done with this post, kindly take a stroll over to Jumia and check out Mac Book prices… The go all the way up to about a million naira. For a laptop, that needs to charge with electricity and you still have to pay for internet. No Bueno Amigo!!!! The price just doesn’t add up to what we are buying. Sorry!
4. Samsung TVs

The other day mans is strolling through the mall and I see this curved LED TV by Samsung for 30 million naira… No mistakes guys, I call the attendant and asked if there was some kind of error and she did well to hold back her laughter in mockery of my obvious confusion… Then you start to look around and you begin to notice the prices on these things. Samsung needs to be stopped!
5. Smart Watches

The new rave of the moment, everyone wants a Moto 360 or a pebble that will set you back 700-800 dollars, Money that can buy land. And all the watch will do is notify you when your phone is ringing and tell you time and weather. Alright guys, I understand the foolishness. Well done! OBO!

Source: http://www.ngtrends.com/2014/08/5-gadgets-hype-overpriced/
Baba all dis things u wrote here are cheap stuffs in-case u don't know visit Alaba Market.
Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by Nobody: 1:31pm On Aug 30, 2014
The mac book pro from a purley performance perspective is a dam rip-off if u compare to a windows machine at the same price. Now if u dnt want performance u are the MS-office kinda guy the the surface pro 3 is the laptop/tablet to get. Anytime I am out of the city my ipad is just a play tool. With a surface if I am in the field I can use auto card to do basic drafting, use ms office has a god dam usb that's is the most important of them all. And the surface pro 3 is more powerful than the average 120-150k laptop u buy in computer village.
Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by sage2(m): 1:38pm On Aug 30, 2014
1stola: I taya o
Beat by dre kor, Flogged by rihanna ni undecided
Nonsense overpriced craps. angry

Even if it is kicked by solonge knowles or spanked by j-zay, I no dey buy. I say I no dey buy.
Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by kpolli(m): 1:51pm On Aug 30, 2014
ayex2013: Here are some of the worst price gadgets everyone seems to want or have. You can’t win with these guys so it’s best to just keep your money and buy more reasonable alternatives. Checkout our list of 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced;
1. Beats by Dre

The entire line is complete crap, especially for their ridiculous prices. Did you know that Beats Pro/detox that you saved over 500 dollars to get cost only 3 dollars to make and is still a crap quality headphone? Just giving you the facts people. Yo are buying a lifestyle when you should be buying quality.
2. Samsung Phones

I do not have to reiterate how annoying these are. I mean, they are Android smart phones made entirely of plastic with a weak ass Gorilla glass thing attached to the front. Drop ones and it breaks. And you are expected to shell out over a hundred thousand naira to buy these phones most of the time if you want a flagship something. Can’t be life.
3. Apple Mac Books

Do me a favor, when you are done with this post, kindly take a stroll over to Jumia and check out Mac Book prices… The go all the way up to about a million naira. For a laptop, that needs to charge with electricity and you still have to pay for internet. No Bueno Amigo!!!! The price just doesn’t add up to what we are buying. Sorry!
4. Samsung TVs

The other day mans is strolling through the mall and I see this curved LED TV by Samsung for 30 million naira… No mistakes guys, I call the attendant and asked if there was some kind of error and she did well to hold back her laughter in mockery of my obvious confusion… Then you start to look around and you begin to notice the prices on these things. Samsung needs to be stopped!
5. Smart Watches

The new rave of the moment, everyone wants a Moto 360 or a pebble that will set you back 700-800 dollars, Money that can buy land. And all the watch will do is notify you when your phone is ringing and tell you time and weather. Alright guys, I understand the foolishness. Well done! OBO!

Source: http://www.ngtrends.com/2014/08/5-gadgets-hype-overpriced/

List is not complete without iPhones
Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by iamord(m): 2:07pm On Aug 30, 2014
1stola: I taya o
Beat by dre kor, Flogged by rihanna ni undecided
Nonsense overpriced craps. angry

Monster beat is better
Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by betrani(m): 2:17pm On Aug 30, 2014
Apple, Samsung, are selling names! There are Chinese equivalents of their devices that can match them power for power, strength for strength and quality for quality
Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by odilinonso(m): 2:18pm On Aug 30, 2014
If u check out all d pple saying samsung fones are crap u will realise dt all of dem crave 2 use samsung but because of insufficient fund dey end up settling for oda chinko android fones such as techno, infinix etc.jst so as 2 b called an android user. Nw dey transfer deir anger and frustration on d manufacturers and claim d gadgets are overhyped nd overpriced. NONSENSE!!! Broke ass pple

2 Likes

Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by Babalakin(m): 2:19pm On Aug 30, 2014
Enjoy all the perks of going to the movies right in
the comfort of your own home!

Earlier this week,
Samsung released a 110-inch TV that has four
times the resolution of standard high-definition TV
for a cool $152,000(over #24 million).
The 4K TV has a resolution of 3840-by-2160 and is
roughly the size of a king-sized bed. Though
shipping logistics would be a nightmare, Samsung
said that it has already received 10 orders for the
latest premium TVs from customers in the Middle
East.
Despite the staggering price, Samsung’s 110-inch
TV is not the worlds most expensive television.
Panasonic sells a 152-inch 4K television for
$500,000 and C Seed offers one with a retractable
201-inch screen for $655,000, according to TIME.
Currently, the new Samsung TV is only available in
South Korea, but the brand plans to launch it in
China, the Middle East and Europe soon. It will be
available for special order in the U.S. in the first
quarter of 2014.

Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by free2ryhme: 2:22pm On Aug 30, 2014
odilinonso: I tink d problem u av is lack... Those gadgets r top notch. U beta hussle nd get money so as 2 join d moving train nd leave dat keke u are on.

Moving train kor loco moving train ni whichone u get. Do screenshot na people like u dey form rubbish but real like na china fone u dey use
Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by odilinonso(m): 2:23pm On Aug 30, 2014
killercute16: pple lyk u dat are pushing this country backwards
Nd pple lyk u placed dis country where it is nw
Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by Vacora(m): 2:26pm On Aug 30, 2014
I had Windows laptops for several years and decided to change to Apple Mac two years ago. Not going back to Microsoft Windows ever. My Mac runs effortlessly, has not crashed, takes seconds to load, I do not need to constantly run Anti virus software or worry about downloading trojans or spyware inadvertently, quite secure, the keyboard illumination suits me perfectly. My wife and I were on our Window's third laptop and two of them are gathering dust somewhere and dont get me started on Windows 8.1 lipsrsealed
Apple Macs are on the expensive side but now I know why professional DJs, Film and Music Producers, Graphic designers or Animators use Apple...they clearly arent overhyped.

Have to agree on the Samsung phones, my wife absolutely hates her Samsung S4 and she had to change it twice due to unexplainable battery drains.

1 Like

Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by donbenie(m): 2:30pm On Aug 30, 2014
So,if you claim Samsung phones are over priced,what do you have to say about IPhones, a 3 year old iPhone 4 with 3.5inch screen costs more than the current Samsung flagships ,GS5 and G Note 3,shoes get size my brother..There are 11k Samsung phones,Galaxy S5 no be for everybody..
Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by Vincad: 2:38pm On Aug 30, 2014
Ladystewie: GOOD POST
SAMSUNG PRODUCTS ARE AMONG THE CRAPPIEST PRODUCTS EVER
APPLE LAPTOPS ARE SERIOUSLY OVERHYPED, JUST GET A GOOD HP LAPTOP
HOW D HELL WILL A TV COST 30 MIL IS IT GOING TO SHOW ME HEAVEN NI IS IT GOING TO SHOW ME MY FUTURE IS IT MADE OUT OF GOLD

Don't worry you can watch judgement day on it.
Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by Nobody: 2:44pm On Aug 30, 2014
DaWorshiper:
All na vanity!
That's the philosophy of the poor my friend. The man who was credited with that saying had the most expensive things during his day. in fact he was so rich that he had 1000 ladies at his beck and call. If he was to be alive today, he will not use 200 niara ear piece nor 15k techno

1 Like

Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by donbenie(m): 2:45pm On Aug 30, 2014
Things like phones are much more than the sum of their functions,they are status symbols..even in America,ownership of an iPhone confers a certain prestige to the owner,so also in Naija even the very best of Tecno is still Chinko, yes it gets the job done,but I bet you if you have the means,you'll be rocking an HTC One or Galaxy Note 3..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Surf The Web Anonymously! / Easy Steps To Format A Window7 Computer / Use Of Windows 7 Powered Devices Risky - Minister, Pantami

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.